Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nigeria Names World Cup Squad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Names World Cup Squad (2387 Views)

US Unveils 16 Richest Politicians From Nigeria & Names Of US Banks They Operate / Boko Haram Vows To Attack Southern Nigeria – Names Cities To Attack / How Many Political Parties In Nigeria. Names Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by sunny4all(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2006
Nigeria Name World Cup Squad

There were few surprises as Austin Owen Eguavoen named 17- man Nigerian Squad for the world cup Germany 2006.With two vetran defenders named Taribo West and Efetebore Sodje.

Eguavoen added ‘’ This team want to pull off a surprise and make a difference though we are in tough group’’

The squad:

GOALKEEPERS:
Ibrahim Galadima(Glasshouse Fc Abuja) Samila Saidu Sambawa ( Sports Inc Fc Abuja).

DEFENFEDERS:
Taiwo Ogunjobi (Fighting 4 glasshouse Fc Abuja) , Taribo west(unattached), Segun Odegbanmi (Mathematical Fc), Sanni Toro (unattached)

MIDFIELDERS:
Fahni Amu (Nfa Sec FC), Dominic Oneya( 4ma Nfa FC)
Ibrahim Shekarau ( Kano St Fc), Efetebore Sodje(unattached), Orji Uzor Kalu(Abia babes Fc).

FORWARDS:
Peter odili (Rivers Fc), Christian Chukwu(Ex-Sec FC ), Gbenga Daniels( Ogun babes Fc), Donald Duke ( Calabar Babes Fc). Sam Sam Jaja ( Referee Fc)
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by vichel(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2006
Now this is a squad u can call invincible. They just gonna breeze by to instant destruction
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by 02(m): 6:03pm On May 10, 2006
That would definitely be a Bizzare.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by menike(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2006
Bro they might win the W.Cup

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Daniels and Duke - as ATTACKERS
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by Badman888(m): 6:57pm On May 10, 2006
thats some strong attack, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by goodguy(m): 8:06pm On May 10, 2006
Have you guys heard of the prophet that prophesied that Nigeria will be called by FIFA to the world cup very soon? Well, let's wait and see what happens.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by bagoma(f): 10:42pm On May 10, 2006
lol goodguy, which yeye prophet be that?
methinks guys like that should be stoned. nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by IAH(f): 10:50pm On May 10, 2006
That squad is incomplete without Maradona himself - IBB and OBJ (Third term FC) tongue
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by Consultant(f): 12:40am On May 11, 2006
At the risk of sounding ignorant, i think i'm out of touch here. I thought we didn't qualify for the world cup?
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by spikelord(m): 1:13am On May 11, 2006
Haha, What a complete team, And Ogunlewe (Third term Supporters' Club FC)
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by spikelord(m): 1:14am On May 11, 2006
Wait a minute

Who is the coach
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by bagoma(f): 5:53am On May 11, 2006
lol, @ consultant,
take another look at the list of [i]players [/i]and you'll see that they are not football players (except taribo) then you'll get the joke.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by Consultant(f): 5:23pm On May 11, 2006
lol, @ consultant,
take another look at the list of players and you'll see that they are not football players (except taribo) then you'll get the joke.

lol@myself. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by TayoD(m): 5:33pm On May 11, 2006
I assume Thunder Balogun is on the reserve bench!
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by goodguy(m): 11:07pm On May 11, 2006
bagoma:

lol goodguy, which yeye prophet be that?
methinks guys like that should be stoned. nonsense!
Well, he said Nigerians are free to do anything to him if the prophecy doesn't come to pass.

Hey guys! I can't find the great Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha in that list. Ohh,  I forgot he's currently nursing his injury. grin
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by bagoma(f): 11:52pm On May 11, 2006
hey goodguy, you cracked me up with that. grin grin grin grin grin cant seem to stop laughing.
nursing an injury ha ha ha ha
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by Abeem(m): 2:40am On May 14, 2006
@bagoma
The Prophet (?) is for real. I had read the man's postulations @:www.brotimothyibe.com
and when I saw the headline momentarily, I thought the prophet's prediction had come to pass. This is what the prophet of doom and gloom had foisted on Nigerians - the inclination to seek miracles, predictions and other forms of deceit even when they are apparent falsehood.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by Abeem(m): 2:44am On May 14, 2006
@bagoma
The Prophet (?) is for real. I had read the man's postulations @: www.brotimothyibe.com
and when I saw the headline momentarily, I thought the prophet's prediction had come to pass. This is what the prophets of doom and gloom had foisted on Nigerians - the inclination to seek miracles, predictions and other forms of deceit even when they are apparent falsehood.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by bagoma(f): 10:35pm On May 14, 2006
Abeem, i tried the link you posted above but to no avail, however if its the same prophet that was talking rubbish all over the air waves just before our last qualifying match then he must be picked up.
really he should have crawled into a pit somewhere to hide after spreading falsehood and giving nigerians hope in a glaring hopeless situation.
guy should be made to shut his trap by force. angry
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by goodguy(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2006
Let's just hope this one comes to pass. wink
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by Abeem(m): 11:22pm On May 14, 2006
@bagoma,
The prophet had advertised on the guardiannews website and I suspect his website had to block visits by curious Nigerians who would like to read more about his so-called prophesies in order not to overwhelm it . Or it may be that it has been overwhelmed already by the large volume of visits and as a result it is down. Go back sometimes later to check if it is up and running.
Re: Nigeria Names World Cup Squad by bagoma(f): 11:41pm On May 14, 2006
alright, i will.

but that would be a great miracle ooo ( just thinking aloud) grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Income Disparity Between North And South Widens (North Half As Wealthy As South) / Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names / Video: Edo Teacher Can't Read Her Certificate After 20 Years In Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.