Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... (29891 Views)

20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria – Their Names Will Shock You. / Near Mutiny At Army Barracks In Maiduguri Over High Number Of Nigerian Troops / Injustice: 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria Without Niger Delta People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by gerald28: 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
I have been having this hot argument with my friends about which state in Nigeria that produces the highest number of rich people.....Please I am not talking about where these rich men are resident, I am talking about their state of Origin......anyone with useful information should come up with it, please no sentiments.....
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by AK481(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Anambra state.(Enterprises and hard workers)
Some of these northern state sha(political thieves)
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by EkoAtlantic: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
I guess Ogun
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by gerald28: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
I personally think it is Anambra state, but lets here your opinion.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by Chimex09: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Enugu - d Coal City
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by gratiaeo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
Chimex09: Enugu - d Coal City
Lol @ Enugu
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by gratiaeo(m): 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
Anambra joor
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by outrage: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
If we ant to be fair and put sentiments aside.

Its kano.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by gratiaeo(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Anambra get people die! Just imagine

NNAMDI Azikiwe - the first
president of the Federal
Republic Of Nigeria
Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme
Professor Chinua Achebe
Professor Uche Okeke
Emeka Anyaoku
Nwafor Orizu- the first senate
president in Nigeria
Lieutenant-General Chikadibia
Isaac Obiakor - appointed in
2008 by UN secretary-General
Ban ki-moon as military advisor
on UN peacekeeping
Operations.
Professor Humphrey Nwobu
Nwosu- former NEC chairman
Pius Okigbo, a world renowned
economist, was the first
economic advisor to Nigeria
Chimamanda Adichie
Dora Akunyili
Cardinal Francis Arinze. The
first Nigerian Cardinal
Chuba Okadibgo
P.N. Okeke-Ojiudu. A
politician, was the first minister
of agriculture in Nigeria first
republic
Cyprian Ekwensi
Philip Emeagwali. Winner of
the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize for
supercomputing
Professor Chike Obi. Great
mathematician
Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu. The
first Nigeria millionaire and first
president of Nigeria stock
Exchange
Dim Emeka Ojukwu. Biafra
War Lord
Osita Osadebe. Popular Nigeria
Highlife musician
Professor Charles Soludo
Professor Kenneth Onwuka
Dike. A pre-eminent scholar of
African history
Peter/ Paul Okoye (P-Square
This are notable individuals thou not richest from Anambra
One thing 4 sure is that Nnewi is the richest town in west Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by gerald28: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
@outrage what makes you think it's kano? na because of Dangote and Dantata??
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by richyblink1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
It is definitely Anambra.
Sir Emeka Ofor
Chika Okafor - AZ oil
Cosmas Maduka - Coscharis motors
Chukwuma Okafor - Bervily hills hotel
Innoson motors
Eugene Anachebe - Denca services
Izundu world man
Emma Bishop Okonkwo
Eselu enu Ego - Chris uba
Curtis cable
Ogbuawa tires
Request oil and gas
Cletus Ibeto - Ibeto cement
Ifeanyi Uba - capital oil
Cento group of company
Middle point.

Sorry I could not get some of the names of the owners of the companies listed, but they are all real
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
Empty boasting thread.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by Dkobo(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Na anambra state, i dey fear dat state
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by bknight: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Get list of 50 or 100 richest nigerians and find out the states of origin. Easy
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by nabiz(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
anambra followed by bayelsa
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by IGBOSON1: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Any Anambran know if the Chikeluba family are from Anambra, and what company/companies they own?......that is if the family is still wealthy, and hasn't fritted away their Dads wealth like 'Ekene' seems to have done.

I believe Anambra should have the highest concentration of wealthy indigenes, followed by either Ogun or Abia states. But what i can't understand is why Anambra doesn't have a high IGR (of at least 3 billion a month on average) given the high volume of cash transactions as an indicator of a robust state economy, and given the high number of wealthy sons and daughters from there ; this is one of the areas (revenue/tax collection) i feel Governor Obi hasn't performed well.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by badassnigga(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
bknight: Get list of 50 or 100 richest nigerians and find out the states of origin. Easy

u get sense bro thas just d best and only way to know it .

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by redsquare(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Anambra is the first,second and third. That is where you have the highest concentration of richest Nigerians. Ogun State has lots of wealthy businessmen/women, so is Kano state also, but Anambra dwarfs them all.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by baqina(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ogun state has d following:
MKO Abiola
Mike Adenuga (Globacom)
Sunny Kuku (one of the founders of Eko hospital)
Kessington Adebutu aka Baba Ijebu (Premier lotto)
Subomi Balogun (FCMB)
Buruj or Buraj(omo ilu foundation)
Bayo Kuku (fmr president Nigeria Stock Exchange)
Barr. Osinubi (Wesco lotto)
The Odutolas
Late Mobolaji Bank Anthony
The owner of Lead way Assurance (can't remember his name,he is late now)

The list can be updated...
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by UncleJJ(m): 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
redsquare: Anambra is the first,second and third. That is where you have the highest concentration of richest Nigerians. Ogun State has lots of wealthy businessmen/women, so is Kano state also, but Anambra dwarfs them all.

shocked please, i hope your not counting dead men.

And how many states, in Nigeria have you visited. Do you have any data to support this statement.

We are talking of Richest Nigeria not rich men that have a few hundred millions. We talking dollars, pound, euro ...RICH

I know Nnewi has lots of rich guys...but are they "that" rich. wink
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by DoffMan2: 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
I've always assumed it was Ogun State?

Without stats, I guess you really can't say conclusively.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by naptu2: 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kano =

1) Isiaku Rabiu

2) Abdulsamad Isiaku Rabiu (BUA Group, etc)

3) Colonel Sani Bello

4) Alhaji Aminu Dantata (Dantata Group, etc)

5) Alhaja Mariya Dangote (Mentholatum, etc)

6) Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Dangote Group)

7) Alhaji Sayyu Dantata (MRS oil and gas, etc)

8 ) Alhaji Tijani Aminu Dantata (Starcomms, etc)

More to come
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by aurenflani: 12:22am On Apr 12, 2013
Borno:-
1 The Deribes
2 Indimi
3 Ali Modu Sherif
4 Waziri Ibrahim
5 Bukar Mandara

Pls some1 update Borno has some very rich families.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by aurenflani: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2013
naptu2: Kano =

1) Isiaku Rabiu

2) Abdulsamad Isiaku Rabiu (BUA Group, etc)

3) Colonel Sani Bello

4) Alhaji Aminu Dantata (Dantata Group, etc)

5) Alhaja Mariya Dangote (Mentholatum, etc)

6) Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Dangote Group)

7) Alhaji Sayyu Dantata (MRS oil and gas, etc)

8 ) Alhaji Tijani Aminu Dantata (Starcomms, etc)

More to come

Col. Sani Bello is from Niger state.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 12, 2013
It has to be Anambra
Where else'
The chairman of NAPEP said so
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by naptu2: 1:09am On Apr 12, 2013
aurenflani: Borno:-
1 The Deribes
2 Indimi
3 Ali Modu Sherif
4 Waziri Ibrahim
5 Bukar Mandara

Pls some1 update Borno has some very rich families.

AGS Bama.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by IGBOSON1: 1:45am On Apr 12, 2013
@Naptu: how come just 2 families seem to be representing Kano? They need to empower more people to be employers of labour and generate wealth for the state.
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by musiwa23: 1:57am On Apr 12, 2013
anambra should be the answer.. because igbo people do anything for money. even will kill for money.

Kano state because of the days of the military

Ogun state because of Obasanjo,awolowo
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 12, 2013
musiwa23: anambra should be the answer.. because igbo people do anything for money. even will kill for money.

Kano state because of the days of the military

Ogun state because of Obasanjo,awolowo

And this while the credit card fraud ring.of the Yoruba 22,, the recent Ijebu ritualists ,MMA killer gang and several others are still fresh in our memories.
Na wa for selective reading

2 Likes

Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by Gamji007: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2013
This op is looking for a good location to set up his kidnapping enterprise. grin

2 Likes

Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by nigport: 11:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Edo joor. U see rich bloody men lik dania solomon aka kash of dan oil,dan motors,dan paramacutical company etc oda men lik uyi,igbenedion etc
Re: Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... by ScotsReferendum: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Any Anambran know if the Chikeluba family are from Anambra, and what company/companies they own?......that is if the family is still wealthy, and hasn't fritted away their Dads wealth like 'Ekene' seems to have done.

I believe Anambra should have the highest concentration of wealthy indigenes, followed by either Ogun or Abia states. But what i can't understand is why Anambra doesn't have a high IGR (of at least 3 billion a month on average) given the high volume of cash transactions as an indicator of a robust state economy, and given the high number of wealthy sons and daughters from there ; this is one of the areas (revenue/tax collection) i feel Governor Obi hasn't performed well.

SE are smart not to burden themselves will high taxation which has rendered some regions poor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supporters Burn Party Flag As Omisore Dumps PDP / Police Summon Saraki Over Murder Of 31 People In Kwara / Throwback Photo Of A'isha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.