Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? (3465 Views)

Which Of These Nigerian Meals Do You Love Most? / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by razznaija(f): 3:28am On Apr 12, 2013
onila: I grew up with maids

still learning how 2 cook!

i really need help

It will not take long before you will become a pro. I also grew up with maids and nannies, but i was still able to learn how to cook within a short period. Don't worry, with practice, you will learn.
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 12, 2013
None cool
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by DeHero1: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: None cool

Which kind food Cameroon dey eat?
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by mercifull(f): 10:23am On Apr 20, 2013
I need help on how to cook cowleg to be very soft.Is there anything I can put to make it cook faster?its finishing my gas.
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by van909: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
@ merciful if u want ur cow leg to get soft u better get urself a pressure cooker it safes time nd consumes less gas. Try it u ll thank me
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by chikk(f): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2013
mercifull: I need help on how to cook cowleg to be very soft.Is there anything I can put to make it cook faster?its finishing my gas.

A good point from van909. In addition to that, when you go to buy, ask for a male cowleg instead of female. The female is always tougher and takes time to cook. Also, you don't quite season it like you do other parts/types of meat. Salt toughens it like hell. You should cook with just water till its tender before you season.
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by onila(f): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2013
De-Hero:

cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2013
De-Hero:

https://www.nairaland.com/1193302/cameroonian-food
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by chikk(f): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2013
razznaija: I'm a foodie, i cook a lot and i can cook any type of food ( if i follow the recipes carefully). Now for the life of me, i cannot bake a cake properly, there's always comma. its either i did not put enough butter, i did not whisk the eggs properly, i did not put enough sugar, or i did not put enough baking powder. There's always something wrong with my pastries, I'm not going to lie, i do tend to not follow all of the instructions properly, but even when i do, it still comes out with a comma. Is there any recipe that you can never get right, even afters several attempts?

Nice thread.
In cooking or baking, you shouldn't rely on recipes. I don't quite get my cakes perfect all the time, but I don't follow recipes always. Even if you follow it EXACTLY, it'll still have flaws. I suggest you get the major steps and ingredients into your head(which I assume u already have), then as you bake, you make adjustments on your own based on what you like. One distinguishing fact about good cooks is their ability to introduce new(their own) ideas. And that's why there are different recipes for doing the same thing.

You just get the basics and follow your culinary instincts. Trust me, your cake might come out better than the ones with laid down 'rules' and 'steps'. Try to add and/or remove from the recipes, take note of your step, ingredients and their quantities, and after baking, you take not of what's in excess or not then adjust. Next time, don't follow the recipe exactly as it is, make adjustments from your head. After all, you never knew how good or bad the cake in the recipe tasted.
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by chikk(f): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2013
De-Hero:
My only prob is Egusi soup.

But if it's to cook rice concoction, I no go carry last

To me, that's one of the easiest soups to cook even for men. I believe there should be a thread for it somewhere here. Search for it or get the maggi cook book.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by chikk(f): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2013
This can help:

www.nairaland.com/25475/nigerian-recipes

Thread for nigerian recipes
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by mercifull(f): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Thanks a lot chik and van909.I'll do just as u said.
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by adl(f): 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
My jollof rice isnt also perfect. I really need help here. Smtimes u eat jollof rice out and it has this kind of sweet taste, i will like mine to be like that always. Maybe it has to do with my tomato paste or so, but can sumone pls help?
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by seunny4lif(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
All type of west africa food expect pizza.....
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by seunny4lif(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
adl: My jollof rice isnt also perfect. I really need help here. Smtimes u eat jollof rice out and it has this kind of sweet taste, i will like mine to be like that always. Maybe it has to do with my tomato paste or so, but can sumone pls help?
Many method dey like me i fry my tomato paste b4 add fresh pepper nd tomato......Mind u i fry onions ist...
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by Samtoris: 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Na garri makin dey gve me probs?anybody 2 help!
Re: What Kind Of Meals Do You Find Difficult To Cook? by chikk(f): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Samtoris: Na garri makin dey gve me probs?anybody 2 help!

undecided ? Like processing cassava to become garri or pouring garri into hot water?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) / Samosa And Springrolls / How To Make Swiss Butter Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.