Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 AM

My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways (19723 Views)

SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? / Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by twudil: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
I am one of those who believe in e-commerce so when I planned to travel to India to accompany my wife for medical reasons I chose to use Wakanow.com to get my ticket. The best option for me was Ethiopian from Abuja. I booked and paid to wakanow through thier Zenith bank account which they confirmed and issued my tickets.
On the day of our trip we were told at the airport that we needed "pink form" from Abuja Clinics but it was a sunday. I contacted the Wakanow.com call centre and reported and sent a mail but no response. The next day the doctor at Abuja Clinics claimed that my wife had high blood pressure that will not allow her to fly. I sent a mail to wakanow that that I neede to reschedule as i had only that week to travel which proves difficult. i was rescheduled on anothe carrier but with additional cost of over 1.5 million Naira while even the initial cost was less than half a million. This made me to ask for refund of my money (which I was told with penalties). I was told that I could only get refund after 6 weeks.
Today is ten weeks and getting response from wakanow has been a big big challenge. Nobody is ready to tell me what is happening.
Is wakanow.com a 419 company?
I need guidance from well meaning Nigerians.

Engr. Tasiu Wudil
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by SAHABAY(m): 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
Try 2 sue dem 2 court if u av all evidence wit u cos dis is rubbish
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by twudil: 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
sueing is possible but I want explore alternative means. It is not a bad idea to sue. I will consider it. meanwhile I will expose them so that other Nigerians will be aware of the 419 business.
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by twudil: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
Wakanow.com has apologised and promised to refund by monday. However, I just got a refund of about 83% of my total payment. This is ok with me. Thanks for your cocerns and be warned.
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by DivaC: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
I used Wakanow recently, on my trip to London and I was blown away by their excellent customer service. Not only did they help me get my visa in record time they also called me to remind me about my flight prior takeoff. Their customer service is also one of the best I've come across in Nigeria, the way they empathised with me when I couldn't get good transit time was just exceptional. I also heard they have fast response times on their social media pages even though I haven't had cause to refer to that yet. cool
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by DisGuy: 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
DivaC: I used Wakanow recently, on my trip to London and I was blown away by their excellent customer service. Not only did they help me get my visa in record time they also called me to remind me about my flight prior takeoff. Their customer service is also one of the best I've come across in Nigeria, the way they empathised with me when I couldn't get good transit time was just exceptional. I also heard they have fast response times on their social media pages even though I haven't had cause to refer to that yet. cool

you've posted this three times this year, instead of painting your company white, why not resolve customer complaint and take criticism on the chin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by ritze(m): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
DivaC: I used Wakanow recently, on my trip to London and I was blown away by their excellent customer service. Not only did they help me get my visa in record time they also called me to remind me about my flight prior takeoff. Their customer service is also one of the best I've come across in Nigeria, the way they empathised with me when I couldn't get good transit time was just exceptional. I also heard they have fast response times on their social media pages even though I haven't had cause to refer to that yet. cool

Am sure you work with WAKANOW..
Cos have read this exact words on Nland some times back
You just copy/paste
You no sharp @ all

1 Like

Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by DivaC: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
ritze:

Am sure you work with WAKANOW..
Cos have read this exact words on Nland some times back
You just copy/paste
You no sharp @ all

This is the problem with Nigeria. Everybody is so keen on sharing negative info and nobody bothers to enlighten other on excellent service when they see it. As for me, Wakanow has been very good to me so I will continue saying it. If you doubt the transparency of their services, why don't you see for yaself?

But come sef, Twudili, you were going to India to treat your sick wife and did not bother getting clearance from the doctor first and you are blaming waka? Na wa oo
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by DivaC: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dis Guy:

you've posted this three times this year, instead of painting your company white, why not resolve customer complaint and take criticism on the chin

This is the problem with Nigeria. Everybody is so keen on sharing negative info and nobody bothers to enlighten other on excellent service when they see it. As for me, Wakanow has been very good to me so I will continue saying it. If you doubt the transparency of their services, why don't you see for yaself?

But come sef, Twudili, you were going to India to treat your sick wife and did not bother getting clearance from the doctor first and you are blaming waka? Na wa oo
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by DisGuy: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
iTS NOT THE PROBLEM with nigeria, its the way bad customer service is treated everywhere in the world, if i get a bad experience i'll definitely tell anyone who cares to listen, same way if someone ask for my recommendation, it will be based on experience!! people dont deliberately say bad things about a 'certain' company for no reason!

You basically registered to post something in january and have gone on to post the same thing three times- how can wakanow help you get visa? if you have a nice experience with them say so and leave the exaggeration!
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by ritze(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dis Guy: iTS NOT THE PROBLEM with nigeria, its the way bad customer service is treated everywhere in the world, if i get a bad experience i'll definitely tell anyone who cares to listen, same way if someone ask for my recommendation, it will be based on experience!! people dont deliberately say bad things about a 'certain' company for no reason!

You basically registered to post something in january and have gone on to post the same thing three times- how can wakanow help you get visa? if you have a nice experience with them say so and leave the exaggeration!

God bless u my broda
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
As far I'm concern, wakanow is good site but when next you are traveling for medical reasons, its always good to buy your ticket from the airline or a good travel agency that you have easy access to when you can't go through the airline trouble( filling and submitting medical forms,SSR requirement etc)

Always ask for the rules governing a fare whenever you are buying ticket.
Thank your stars its a refundable one.
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by maxtum(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
I don tell una before...WAKANOW GET SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!

They are some bunch of confused persons working there!!
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by mujeebt99: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
Wakanow is pure 419ers. They quote their fake prices on their website. After booking and making payment into their bank account, they call and notify you that u have to pay more money, that the ticket fare has gone up. When u compare the money to what is on the airline site, u discover it is a total lie. Imagine their fake PNR number could expire less than 1 hour after booking on their site; when you can genuily hold a PNR of klm,ba,delta,emirate,etc for atleast between 48 hours to 72 hours. These wakanow.com cheated me and I believe they will dearly pay for it. "4dzlec" that s was their fake PNR. I know their might have agent, worker/staff on NL because I can read comments on some people trying to speak good of you. for where NA LIE. investigate on my CASE via your fake PNR u gave me. WAKANOW NA MODERN ONLINE THIEF OOOO.
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by maxtum(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
mujeebt99: Wakanow is pure 419ers. They quote their fake prices on their website. After booking and making payment into their bank account, they call and notify you that u have to pay more money, that the ticket fare has gone up. When u compare the money to what is on the airline site, u discover it is a total lie. Imagine their fake PNR number could expire less than 1 hour after booking on their site; when you can genuily hold a PNR of klm,ba,delta,emirate,etc for atleast between 48 hours to 72 hours. These wakanow.com cheated me and I believe they will dearly pay for it. "4dzlec" that s was their fake PNR. I know their might have agent, worker/staff on NL because I can read comments on some people trying to speak good of you. for where NA LIE. investigate on my CASE via your fake PNR u gave me. WAKANOW NA MODERN ONLINE THIEF OOOO.

@ Mujeebt, you dey here too!! shocked lol! lol! grin join the cause to change this Wakanow!!!
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:21am On Jul 07, 2013
mujeebt99: Wakanow is pure 419ers. They quote their fake prices on their website. After booking and making payment into their bank account, they call and notify you that u have to pay more money, that the ticket fare has gone up. When u compare the money to what is on the airline site, u discover it is a total lie. Imagine their fake PNR number could expire less than 1 hour after booking on their site; when you can genuily hold a PNR of klm,ba,delta,emirate,etc for atleast between 48 hours to 72 hours. These wakanow.com cheated me and I believe they will dearly pay for it. "4dzlec" that s was their fake PNR. I know their might have agent, worker/staff on NL because I can read comments on some people trying to speak good of you. for where NA LIE. investigate on my CASE via your fake PNR u gave me. WAKANOW NA MODERN ONLINE THIEF OOOO.

I used wakanow in December to buy a tkt to London and I can honestly say I had no problem whatsoever with them. Iv bought another tkt to the US and its been a good experience so far too. I will be traveling soon with that tkt and I don't envisage any issues. They have been extremely courteous and their follow up, very pleasant, calling on the day of my flight to remind me to get to the airport on time. Having said this, I think most agencies and airlines have issues once in a while, like everyone else. I travel a lot and iv come across all sorts. Also at times , we the passengers are at fault , because we don't do the right things and expect waivers, when we don't get them we say its wickedness etc I don't believe Wakanow are 419 and its scandalous of anyone to say so. They are offering a good service and every business has its ups and downs, one bad apple shouldn't spoil the whole basket. Even if I have a bad experience with them doesn't mean, they are. I can't tell you how many times klm have lost my luggage, does that make them 419? I don't work for wakanow, never met them, only dealt with them via website and phone, dont know anyone remotely connected to them. i like their initiative and service. Lay your complaint, and correct them, they will do better I'm sure.

2 Likes

Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by Afroprince(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2013
Alright guys...most times i prefer reading than posting, but i have to be honest here, i have used Wakanow holiday packages for my vacations in SA and Kenya. Their service is wonderful but just like someone pointed out here, sometimes it could be the fault of either the customer or the CS rep. Instead of bastardizing the organization let's encourage them to up their game in customer service, they have done well so far for and terming them FRAUDULENT is very unfair.

1 Like

Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by Daresh(f): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2013

Please stop talking rubbish and running ur mouth. I'm a travel consultant and I use wakanow affiliate portal almost everyday to make bookings. WAKANOW.com clearly states that ticket prices can change without notice. If you book from the airline, they can guarantee you your booking, after all they set price. Using wakanow is like booking on the GDS. it has happened to me that I got diff fares within 2hrs of checking fares. One you book and start cat walking to bank to make payment, the fare is subject to change without notice. My advice to secure a fare, book with ur debit card or better yet do an online transfer and contact wakanow immediately. Or better yet contact me and I'll do it for you. info@travellous.com.ng.

1 Like

Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by euromoney(f): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2013
Daresh:

Please stop talking rubbish and running ur mouth. I'm a travel consultant and I use wakanow affiliate portal almost everyday to make bookings. WAKANOW.com clearly states that ticket prices can change without notice. If you book from the airline, they can guarantee you your booking, after all they set price. Using wakanow is like booking on the GDS. it has happened to me that I got diff fares within 2hrs of checking fares. One you book and start cat walking to bank to make payment, the fare is subject to change without notice. My advice to secure a fare, book with ur debit card or better yet do an online transfer and contact wakanow immediately. Or better yet contact me and I'll do it for you. info@travellous.com.ng.

This's the problem I have with some peeps on Nairaland,they just can't engage in intellectual discussions without resorting to name calling and insults.he simply shared his bad experience...and,for the fact that this is a faceless forum doesn't mean you should be rude,the op could be older or younger than you are....btw i had similar experience with wakanow sometimes last year..just checked your website@travellous,will patronize you someday smiley
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by GboyegaD(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
In as much as I like wakanow, the only challenge I have with them is that they don't send information whenever the airline changes their travel time. All in all, I feel they are wonderful with a good customer service.
Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by Godson201333(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Wakanow used to be a very good company with best customer care service when the company was launched,But now no more,One of their customer care service was telling me that she doesnt even know nuermberg airport.Their standard has dropped!

1 Like

Re: My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways by justwise(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2013

(1)

My Road Bad Pass Your Own - Richard Akinnola On Lagos Roads / Trailer Falls On A Micra Cab In Ibadan (Photos) / -The Gallery Of Monrovia Liberia-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.