Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi (11543 Views)

5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Musa Dikwa / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by RoblesOg(m): 6:03am On Apr 12, 2013
Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi

The Central Bank of Nigeria said on Thursday that over N6 billion was recovered for customers that were cheated through various transactions undertaken with Nigerian banks in 2012.

The Central Bank Governor, Lamido Sanusi, said this at the annual Isaac Moghalu Foundation, IMOF Lecture and Symposium in Abuja. He also said that the recovery was in furtherance of CBN’s policy aimed at protecting customers’ interests in the financial services sector.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/129201-nigerian-banks-cheated-customers-by-n6bn-in-2012-sanusi.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Kx: 6:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Having known dis, dis is Q2, when are dey gona reverse d 6b to benefiting customers accts?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 12, 2013
[quote author=Kx]Having known dis, dis is Q2, when are dey gona reverse d 6b to benefiting customers accts?/quote] are u dreaming ? Reverse tanker!
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by johnwizey: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2013
Birds of d same feather
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by pomporiking: 7:31am On Apr 12, 2013
Oloriburuku!!why u dey tell us like sey una go give us the 6bn back
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Nuzo1(m): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2013
pompori king: Oloriburuku!!why u dey tell us like sey una go give us the 6bn back

They probably have lost trace of the affected accounts.

Sorry. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Hadone(m): 7:40am On Apr 12, 2013
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Boss13: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2013
Sanusi, you seem to forget all too soon that you were part of the banking system and also your top priority job is to boost confidence in the banking system.
Your utterances sometimes, sanusi, makes me question your ability to lead. Fyi your recent and previous acts are scaring customers and potential investors away from the Nigerian banking industry. Customers are transferring their monies offshore. Honestly, I do not say there are no irregularities in the system - they are. However, don't be too quick to rush to the media. You are reporting yourself this man.
It is only in Nigeria that banks post huge profits and no significant improvement in the economy. That alone is a huge indicator that something fishy is going on and that is the no 1 headache you need to cure.
Sanusi, please learn from history. "You talk too much".

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by dridowu: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2013
Unwanted message must b stop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by dridowu: 8:23am On Apr 12, 2013
All dos 2naira being remove frm account must b stop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by ochukoccna: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2013
Boss13: Sanusi, you seem to forget all too soon that you were part of the banking system and also your top priority job is to boost confidence in the banking system.
Your utterances sometimes, sanusi, makes me question your ability to lead. Fyi your recent and previous acts are scaring customers and potential investors away from the Nigerian banking industry. Customers are transferring their monies offshore. Honestly, I do not say there are no irregularities in the system - they are. However, don't be too quick to rush to the media. You are reporting yourself this man.
It is only in Nigeria that banks post huge profits and no significant improvement in the economy. That alone is a huge indicator that something fishy is going on and that is the no 1 headache you need to cure.
I'm sure you are one of this scamming banksters he's talking about
So that he alerted us to the rip offs in the name of banking is now a sin
Any person who banks in Nigeria knows that there are too many bogus charges and opaque transparency regarding rates,benefits,hidden charges etc

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by solomon111(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2013
ochukoccna:
Any person who banks in Nigeria knows that there are too many bogus charges and opaque transparency regarding rates,benefits,hidden charges etc
you are not very intelligent.
Do you know that such declarations can drive away both local and foreign clients/investors,when part of his job is to attract them?.
He should silently curb any banking excesses without negatively affecting the image of the Nigerian banking system.
That is how it is done.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by maximum007(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2013
So are they going to give the cheated customers their money back?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by MMM2(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2013
Dat true

Half of d money is mine undecided

I lost more than 3billion naira last year in d name of transaction & bank charges angry

But nothing

GOD is with me smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by badmarket: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2013
CBN should publish the banks and customers affected.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by chukiz(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2013
naija bank fear dem

well just hit 3birthpromotions.com
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Applestorelagos(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2013
APPLE-STORE. For all your apple computers, iPad, iPod, iPhone. All apple laptop & iPad accessories. Repairs & warranty of all apple products.
Contact us at: 11 OTIGBA STREET 3rd FLOOR, OPP FIDELITY BANK OFF MEDICAL ROAD. IKEJA, LAGOS.
Tel: 08135268317,08184215566
Email:bobosas46@yahoo.com
www.pelfman..com
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by FrankC3: 10:25am On Apr 12, 2013
ochukoccna:

Ladies and gentlemen, behold the caliber of people that call the President clueless.

@Topic
As i will always maintain on Sanusi issue, this is what you get when you make crucial appointments based on Federal Character. I still don't understand why Nigeria could not get some one with at least a PhD in Economics with adequate exposure to the big picture. I still don't know why a man with a B.Sc in Economics and another in Islamic Studies should be running our Central Bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by BarryX(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2013
6billion is definitely underestimated, Personally i lost quite a sum due to mistaken account number of which i am still 'digging' it out with the bank since last year and with way things are going i might yield coupled with hidden maintenance charges, nobody has really given me the full details of what the f*kin ATM card maintenance fee is all about. If i am allowed to give their cheating figure, i would say all their profits for last year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by AyoShonubi(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2013
Why is he informing us like they hav any intentions of returning it. All the billion lootings EFCC keeps uncovering, where have they being going. Like say no be dem dem go share am. Naija is all about PDP (People Decieving People) Abeg nxt topic please!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by dougivilla(m): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2013
The mallam should go and sit down. I though his regime as CBNG would be without any 'infractions' as he always gave the messianic impression of himself in that office.

What has happened to his policy on naming and shaming criminals in the banking sector. I think Nigerians would be more interested in the reversal of this collosal sum in average of over half a billion naira of depositors' funds stolen monthly and the punitive measures meted to the culprits than this declaration, that is neither here nor there and has the capacity to scare investors, both foreign and local from our banks. When the man dey commot sef?

God save us!
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by musak27: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2013
RoblesOg: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi

The Central Bank of Nigeria said on Thursday that over N6 billion was recovered for customers that were cheated through various transactions undertaken with Nigerian banks in 2012.

The Central Bank Governor, Lamido Sanusi, said this at the annual Isaac Moghalu Foundation, IMOF Lecture and Symposium in Abuja. He also said that the recovery was in furtherance of CBN’s policy aimed at protecting customers’ interests in the financial services sector.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/129201-nigerian-banks-cheated-customers-by-n6bn-in-2012-sanusi.html
If he keeps quiet he is a liar,he talked he is one of them. what can you do to please people, oh! my God. If you want to be referred to as an intellectual,act as one. let us be factual there is nothing this man as said or done wrong . You are free to comment, but no abuses here intellectuals.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by LEvuls(m): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2013
And where were you mr.Sanusi when they were robbing us of the #6billion....?

anywhere if true true how can i collect my robbed money since u've uncovered the robery scheme?

urgent answer mr.governor abi mek we to rob them bqk?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by MrGrimReaper: 10:30am On Apr 12, 2013
In fairness, monies were credited to many peoples accounts last year. But dont expect much as these monies were 10 Naira here, 5 Naira there. Dont expect to get a 50,000 Naira credit alert from your bank.

Good job Mr. Sanusi. However, my problem with you is that you speak out of all the holes in your body. Whatever happened to 'Cashless Economy' and 'Withdrawal limitations'?!
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by timecop28: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2013
They are still cheating us. For instance Eco bank started charging me 200naira ATM maintenance fee which they never mentioned to me initially. The annoying thing is that they backdated it to last year and deducted for every single month. This is apart from the monthly SMS charge they normally remove.
Though, i don't agree with Sanusi's policies on the economy but he is right about this one. These banks need to be checked.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by kennyonthrone(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2013
M M M: Dat true

Half of d money is mine undecided

I lost more than 3billion naira last year in d name of transaction & bank charges angry

But nothing

GOD is with me smiley
lmao! Lyk seriously?stp dreamin dude if u ve dat amt of moni u won't ve d luxury of tym 2 spare postin dis shit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by TonySpike: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2013
Okay, we have heard. How do we get our monies back

#long thing
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by LEvuls(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2013
musak27: If he keeps quiet he is a liar,he talked he is one of them. what can you do to please people, oh! my God. If you want to be referred to as an intellectual,act as one. let us be factual there is nothing this man as said or done wrong . You are free to comment, but no abuses here intellectuals.
well for not being sensitive that he was there when the robbery was going on and didnt do anytin. about it..till now..my guy quote Sanusi wrong . #6billion na #6 naira? abi we de play for dis country?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by timecop28: 10:46am On Apr 12, 2013
BarryX: 6billion is definitely underestimated, Personally i lost quite a sum due to mistaken account number of which i am still 'digging' it out with the bank since last year and with way things are going i might yield coupled with hidden maintenance charges, nobody has really given me the full details of what the f*kin ATM card maintenance fee is all about. If i am allowed to give their cheating figure, i would say all their profits for last year.
The ATM card maintenance fee is disguised scam. Some banks have been on this ever since while others just implemented it. For a moment, i considered closing my account with one of the banks because of that. i mean they removed four figures from my account just like that. why didn't they remove it all last year when i had money in my account? i guess they just figured out the scam channel.
i'm still waiting for someone to complain about that bank that charges 100naira to withdraw at the counter. like for what reason?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by searay(m): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2013
Now can we group the Banks/Bankers among the Armed Robbers, Liars Lawyers, Police, kidnappers, polTHIEFians- both LegisLOOTERS, ExecuTHIEVES and judiSHARERS, and the likes?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by DisGuy: 10:58am On Apr 12, 2013
Boss13: Sanusi, you seem to forget all too soon that you were part of the banking system and also your top priority job is to boost confidence in the banking system.

there a similiar cases in other countries and alerting the public is part of confidence building! all this hush hush business does more harm than good, atleast I as a customer would like to know something is being done and some crooked banker is being shamed in public!

Four banks will now compensate tens of thousands of small businesses who were mis-sold complex insurance deals, says the Financial Services Authority.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21272606
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Evestar200(f): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2013
Money dy dere o cuz these idiot take my #1600 without telling me what result to d taking of dat money,,,na God go punish dem one by one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Nigeria VIP Crazy? / Electricity Workers: Tariff Hike Won’t Improve Supply / Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.