Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze (44243 Views)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Ossaifamous(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2017
aje ni o, otofe ni
nd ne nweri one kenI ne kene Osa unu ndi ni Nairaland

biko ni ife nke ku bu si ki anyi nde ukwuani di ne yeni ibe yi eka, makoni elenu iso ki anyi nde ukwuani ke weri ne je isu
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by SirDavico(m): 1:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Pls there is this song, it's quite old sha. I don't know the title or the artist. one line in the song goes thus: "Ekeme news ogo ni ekwukwo iji na kom oo" Anyone who knows the title should pls let me know. thanks ☺
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by clefstone(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2018
wesley80:

Pls Sharrrap and carry your BS elsewhere. Someone that chose to be thought Ukwuani knows what he wants. You're nothing but a pathetic ethnic supremacist and I suggest you carry your shenanigans to a more appropriate thread ,and may i suggest some of those started by Ileke idi and Alj harem? I'm sure they prey on your likes just as you do on them.

please boss can I get ur mail. There r certain stuff I want us to run together to advance our homeland, Aboh. Let's hook up please
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by wesley80(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
clefstone:
please boss can I get ur mail. There r certain stuff I want us to run together to advance our homeland, Aboh. Let's hook up please
jwesley83@gmail.com
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by clefstone(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2018
victor1464:
Ukwuani is totally different character 4rm igbo culture.for instance,d ukwuani man can marry 4rm any tribe unlike igbo man who is mainly restricted to marring only his own people.
2ndly,an ukwuani man does not force his late brothers wife to marry him,neither does he fight 4 his properties.
Secondly d ukwuani man is detribalized.
3rdly,d ukwuani man is not greedy.
4thly,d ukwuanis hav their own language,mode of dressin,music,story tales,style & proverbs.
5th,d ukwuani tradition is a brigde of all traditions of d people of western niger delta which consist(itsekiri,uhrobo,ijaw,bini,& igbo(aniocha/oshimili)
All dis makes us unique.PROUDLY NDOKWA nation!!
solid point you have put up here but tone down on the insults, it's not our style bro
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by OMANBALA1: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ukwuani bla bla, Ukwuani bla bla..
Smh. Ula ga egbo onye nwulu anwu lol
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by pazienza(m): 12:52am On Aug 15, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Ukwuani bla bla, Ukwuani bla bla..
Smh. Ula ga egbo onye nwulu anwu lol

Ejikwanu Igbo agwa ya, onye ocha.

Nwa abuzu jili nwe na ere oku, sina ya na ara mmanu. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by einsteine(m): 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
AndreUweh:

Ukwuani is not a language please. It is a dialect.
The language of Ukwuani people is Igbo.

This is a lie.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by einsteine(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
OdenigboAroli:

So,you are not Igbo and you despise and hate them and wish you can wipe them off the face of earth,yet you see no shame in writing and speaking Igbo language...lol
Or do you think we dont understand what you wrote up there in the name of Ukwuani.
Please,stop writing in Igbo. I use God beg you.

Will you shut up, attache by force.

Go and tell the Portuguese or Catalans that they are Spanish because they answer the same names with the Spanish. Ukwuani/Ndokwa is a gazzeted language different from Igbo. It even has its own dialects, as what is spoken in Abor is slightly different from what is spoken in Emu or Ogume. Stop doing attache by force, and face the problems in your red, mud, overcrowded region.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by einsteine(m): 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
tonychristopher:

..with all these long epistle why did the Igbo wave of migrants impose their language on the others

Its either they ruled or colonised them
Or
Ukwuani pronto was an Igbo land
Or
The other migrants were so foooolish that they jettisoned their culture language and way of life for a higher and more sophisticated one which is Igbo and calling their king Eze is Igbo

The way we adopted language of British and we Nigerian in commonwealth

So either igbos colonised ukwuani or ukwuani were slaves

Because I just can't see any evidence of Benin language in what you have been writing here

I served in benin speak Benin married ukwuani and I am Igbo so I think you have the task to do

Tell us why ukwuani are speaking Igbo instead of Benin

Its either their fore father's are crazy to have adopted Igbo names and culture just like that ur they are just Igbo doing the smart thing

Even england colonised us we still bear our native names but ukwuani case is different

No native name
No native language
No culture
No way of life
All is Igbo

What does ur tell you

Don't worry we and other Nigerians know that you are Igbo and igbos won't annihilate you...yes tmwe hate Dillard's but we will understand that it's just in your nature to be like that

The Pyrenees and pureness of Igbo blood has been undulated and diluted by ogogoro tribes that's OK

We understand

What is the meaning of the following names in your mud language?

Esegbue.

Ikatule.

Iwogbue.

Ndowerie.

Ossai.

Awushi.

Abanumebo.

Aghanenu.

Ochiotu

These are Ukwuani names. Tell me what they mean.

Do you even have an "e (as in egg) sound in your language?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Yujin(m): 10:47am On Apr 23, 2019
einsteine:

What is the meaning of the following names in your mud language?

Esegbue.

Ikatule.

Iwogbue.

Ndowerie.

Ossai.

Awushi.

Abanumebo.

Aghanenu.

Ochiotu

These are Ukwuani names. Tell me what they mean.

Do you even have an "e (as in egg) sound in your language?
Pls, what's the meaning of Ossai? Nsukka people from Enugu state bear such names too. I've been trying to get it for a long time now.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
Ojunekwu Felix N
From Abbi, Ndokwa West LGA Both maternal and paternal. Nursing by Profession. An aspiring Academician, Priest and Politician of noble course.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by morpheus24: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
einsteine:

Will you shut up, attache by force.

Go and tell the Portuguese or Catalans that they are Spanish because they answer the same names with the Spanish. Ukwuani/Ndokwa is a gazzeted language different from Igbo. It even has its own dialects, as what is spoken in Abor is slightly different from what is spoken in Emu or Ogume. Stop doing attache by force, and face the problems in your red, mud, overcrowded region.

The stupidity of this statement above is simply mind boggling.

Your reference above to Portuguese or Catalans is false logic and based on a completely different premise.

If you speak a language that is closely related to another set of people that are adjacent to yours it is most likely/very probable you share close genetic, cultural and linguistic affinities to them so much so that both of you very likely share the same "founding" or proto-populations.

Simple stating that a derivation of a language into a dialect and further into a language group is ample evidence to categorize both groups as 'distinct" in non sensical and subjective in your definition as to what constitutes "distinctness".

1 Like

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by lysaa(f): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2023
Please does anyone know about ewu-ibi? The goat killed and eaten at night after the burial of a close relative.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Translation Of Some Edo Words / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.