Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation (18231 Views)

Committees: Reps Reject Dogara’s Appointments - Punch / Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by PointB: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
asala1:
I believe it is the northerner and the SW who are suppose to be clamouring for states creation and not the SE. Some states in the north are bigger than the whole of SE. Kano state by land mass is bigger than all SE states put together. Kaduna state is a big as the SE. Why is it that it is the easterner that are feeling marginalised here?

State creation is not, and should never be a function of land mass, or population. There are countries whose entire population is not even up to 500,000.

The key to state creation should be ethnic homogeneity and viability.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: Better put, there is no reason South East should have lest representatives in the Senate, National Assemblies, Ministers, Federal Allocations and too numerous benefits to their populace which include more Universities, Schools, Hospitals etc.

The creation of a singular state in SE to balance the regions would have send great message of brotherliness to assuage the common belief of conspired injustice against SE by the Northern Hausas and Fulanis

What is the Population of the SE to deserve another State? or the State would just be created to serve the thick forest there?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by nduchucks: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
jmaine:

Am now a trouble maker for highlighting an hilarious justification of your post...

Okay let me give you a benefit of the doubt and allow you explain your post I quoted .

But this time, reduce your bile to avoid unnecessary friction . . . .

I don't need any benefit my brother, I'm pretty sure you understand the point I was making. come o, couldn't you find somebody's head to attach to your post, preferably in colour graphics? smiley

PointB:

Sharrap aboki my friend,
The only clown given to making empty threat in here is you. I wonder where you read that Ohaneze's submission the constitution amendment committee was not support by us. In any case, if what you posted is anything to go by, this position represents the Reps position. I know their seniors in the upper house my have something different to say.

Enjoy your Pyrrhic joy while it lasts; Nigeria is basket case of disappointment in case you need any reminder.

eeeyah. It appears that your support and pressure on the committee were not good enough. By the way, no other member of the house will introduce additional provisions, the next step is an up or down vote. olodo

I laughed at you stupidity to the point that if you were near me I would have said nyammiri (give me water) to you in Ibo so that I will refresh myself.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Ngwakwe: 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
If SE doesn't deserve to be a region, why not dissolve them and merge them with their neighbours.

Don't tell me you believe that skewed census while you query every other statistics put forward by FGN.

dayokanu:

What is the Population of the SE to deserve another State? or the State would just be created to serve the thick forest there?
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
Six year tenure? Yes.
As for dump state creation? U know dis is story, as far as the Senate and Presidency are concerned, so i will be taking dis one with a pinch of salt.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by PointB: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I don't need any benefit my brother, I'm pretty sure you understand the point I was making. come o, couldn't you find somebody's head to attach to your post, preferably in colour graphics? smiley

eeeyah. It appears that your support and pressure on the committee were not good enough. By the way, no other member of the house will introduce additional provisions, the next step is an up or down vote. olodo

I laughed at you stupidity to the point that if you were near me I would have said nyammiri (give me water) to you in Ibo so that I will refresh myself.

My guy, I think the irrational folk here is you. Normally, I don't pay heed to your silly propaganda. You appear favoured today cos of the passionate plea you made for contributions to this post, and the benefit of the extra time I have to spare. So enjoy the fun while it lasts.

But let me assure you, the issue of state creation is going to be a recurring decimal in our polity. That is what I wanted you blockhead to know. Alas, to much cow milk (or is it cow dung you take these days) seems to have caused a perpetual state of mental retardation in you, to the extent that I have to spell it out for you.

Now olodo, hear me once again. If the NA went ahead and pass the amendment without any efforts to balance the Zonal arrangement of the state, your Northern cabal would have only succeeded in winning a battle, but the war is still on. Or you think this Pyrrhic victory is the end of Nigeria politics, you little blockhead!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: If SE doesn't deserve to be a region, why not dissolve them and merge them with their neighbours.

Don't tell me you believe that skewed census while you query every other statistics put forward by FGN.

They deserve to be a region but dont deserve equal number of States with other regions

Since they are much fewer in population than most regions

SW is not equal to NW in Population nor Number of States
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
asala1:
I believe it is the northerner and the SW who are suppose to be clamouring for states creation and not the SE. Some states in the north are bigger than the whole of SE. Kano state by land mass is bigger than all SE states put together. Kaduna state is a big as the SE. Why is it that it is the easterner that are feeling marginalised here?

State creation can not be judged solely on land mass and even population. At times, the desire to protect the rights of minorities might make such an idea worth considering. But I got the core of your argument: SE can not even complain on the basis of false marginalization or under representation whatever such a crap is called. The former Eastern Region is now 9 states-Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom. Western Region including the former capital territory is now 8 states: Lagos, Ogun, oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Edo and Delta. While not disputing that the North is ultimate beneficiary of balkanization of former regions into states and that other regions are somehow short changed, the cries of marginalization do not lie in the proverbial mouth of SE.

The geopolitical nonsense they love to mouth is not recognized anywhere. Anyway, what I consider reasonable is the agitation for fiscal federalism. Let states take more responsibilities from FG and rightly take more money to actualize such.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by nduchucks: 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
PointB:

My guy, I think the irrational folk here is you. Normally, I don't pay heed to your silly propaganda. You appear favoured today cos of the passionate plea you made for contributions to this post, and the benefit of the extra time I have to spare. So enjoy the fun while it lasts.

But let me assure you, the issue of state creation is going to be a recurring decimal in our polity. That is what I wanted you blockhead to know. Alas, to much cow milk (or is it cow dung you take these days) seems to have caused a perpetual state of mental retardation in you, to the extent that I have to spell it out for you.

Now olodo, hear me once again. If the NA went ahead and pass the amendment without any efforts to balance the Zonal arrangement of the state, your Northern cabal would have only succeeded in winning a battle, but the war is still on. Or you think this Pyrrhic victory is the end of Nigeria politics, you little blockhead!

Nwanne m, why are you constantly in an illusional state of war when the civil war ended decades ago. Its time we started looking at the best interest of the country in these matters. True federalism and resource control should be our goal. Unfortunately, new states creation works against that, why can't you people look at the national interest for once?
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
thelastPope:

It is a disgrace. I do not really agree with state creation, but just the fact that the north is using it as a political tool really annoys me. This is injustice and it must stop.
My view exactly!
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Ngwakwe: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
The message I want to pass across is that the Northern Military Juntas created these imbalance to their favour.

Let's the NA close eyes and act in favour of justice and equity without seeing everything through the prism of tribal affiliation and using all political jargon for their selfish gains.

Secondly, what we have as census data is trash and fictitious figures. Until a biometric security proof census is conducted with our borders highly secured and closed, the North will continue to manipulate the data for their selfish gains.

You may think they don't know what they were doing when they objected the inclusion of tribe and religion from the census template/questionnaire.

dayokanu:

They deserve to be a region but dont deserve equal number of States with other regions

Since they are much fewer in population than most regions

SW is not equal to NW in Population nor Number of States
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by PointB: 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Nwanne m, why are you constantly in an illusional state of war when the civil war ended decades ago. Its time we started looking at the best interest of the country in these matters. True federalism and resource control should be our goal. Unfortunately, new states creation works against that, why can't you people look at the national interest for once?

By we people, let me assume you mean Igbos.

Let me ask you, between the fellows moving out of his region in droves, setting up business, reducing unemployment, and improving the GDP and the ones terrorizing others, bombing security agents and their installations, destroying churches and killing innocent men, women, and children, who is looking at National Interest?

Or simply put (as you have shown tremendous lack of grasps for semi-complex issues) between the hausa/fulani/kanuri boko haram terrorists (and sponsors/aids) and the hard working migrant enterprising Igbos who do you really think is looking out for the so call national interest?

I don't expect a honest answer anyway, so take it as food for thought!

In any case, the demand for equal number of states per region is solely in National Interest, but for your dishonesty and shameless propaganda, you wont admit that.

5 Likes

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by nduchucks: 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2013
PointB:

By we people, let me assume you mean Igbos.

Let me ask you, between the fellows moving out of his region in droves, setting up business, reducing unemployment, and improving the GDP and the ones terrorizing others, bombing security agents and their installations, destroying churches and killing innocent men, women, and children, who is looking at National Interest?

Or simply put (as you have shown tremendous lack of grasps for semi-complex issues) between the hausa/fulani/kanuri boko haram terrorists (and sponsors/aids) and the hard working migrant enterprising Igbos who do you really think is looking out for the so call national interest?

I don't expect a honest answer anyway, so take it as food for thought!

In any case, the demand for equal number of states per region is solely in National Interest, but for your dishonesty and shameless propaganda, you wont admit that.

I will not engage you in your awful generalizations which could be considered border line bigotry.

In case you've already forgotten, the point is that true federalism and 100% resource control is best for us as a nation while proliferation of states directly work against true federalism. Why can't you simply support what is best for our collective interests?

Who paid you off? I recall you clamoring for federalism a few months back.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Ngwakwe: 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
We all know that this will not sell in the NASS hence the agitation for balance of the number of States per Region.

Remember Regionalism as component of the federation was also rejected. Why?

ndu_chucks:
True federalism and resource control should be our goal. Unfortunately, new states creation works against that, why can't you people look at the national interest for once?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by nduchucks: 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: We all know that this will not sell in the NASS hence the agitation for balance of the number of States per Region.

Remember Regionalism as component of the federation was also rejected. Why?

Do you have any evidence that regionalism was ever discussed and rejected? The sad truth is that Ohaneze was the only group which made a meaningful submission to the committee regarding regionalism. Due to lack of interest by other interest groups, it was not even discussed.if you have any evidence to the contrary, please let's have it.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: The message I want to pass across is that the Northern Military Juntas created these imbalance to their favour.

Let's the NA close eyes and act in favour of justice and equity without seeing everything through the prism of tribal affiliation and using all political jargon for their selfish gains.

Secondly, what we have as census data is trash and fictitious figures. Until a biometric security proof census is conducted with our borders highly secured and closed, the North will continue to manipulate the data for their selfish gains.

You may think they don't know what they were doing when they objected the inclusion of tribe and religion from the census template/questionnaire.

The census figure we have is still what we can work with until you have a better source

What would inclusion of tribe and religion do to your argument for State creation?

To prove that Nduka who lives in kano for the past 30yrs needs a State in Anambra where he only spends 1 week in a year?

Or what exactly?

WHy not simply merge the states into regions and we have one region in every Geopolitical zone

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by PointB: 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I will not engage you in your awful generalizations which could be considered border line bigotry.

In case you've already forgotten, the point is that true federalism and 100% resource control is best for us as a nation while proliferation of states directly work against true federalism. Why can't you simply support what is best for our collective interests?

Who paid you off? I recall you clamoring for federalism a few months back.

My olodo friend, pray who started the 'generalisation' you referred to. Were you not the same crooked fellow who introduced 'you people' into the discourse? How could you turn around to vomit the crap in bold?

In any case, my support for equal states per zone does not delimit in anyway my support for true fiscal federalism. But being the propagandist that you are, I expect you to suggest that both are mutually exclusive.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by nduchucks: 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
PointB:

In any case, my support for equal states per zone does not delimit in anyway my support for true fiscal federalism. But being the propagandist that you are, I expect you to suggest that both are mutually exclusive.

Speaking from both sides of his mouth and telling listeners not to point it out cheesy

It is obvious to all that more states do not support the idea of true federalism. We really need 6 states or less, be a big boy and admit it.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by PointB: 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Speaking from both sides of his mouth and telling listeners not to point it out cheesy

It is obvious to all that more states do not support the idea of true federalism. We really need 6 states or less, be a big boy and admit it.

How does more fiscally viable, ethnically homogenous states negates the idea of true federalism. I doubt you even understand the concept let alone support it.

Your mention of it is simply to distract from issue at hand; a shameful attempt to portray yourself in some positive way knowing fully well that your northern cabal will not willingly accept true fiscal federalism.

hypocrite!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Ngwakwe: 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Can you elaborate the statement below if it means anything different from Regionalism which you said was also never advocated by others except Ohanaeze?

ndu_chucks:

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by ikweremilitant: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:
so if north is not moving forward odas shoud not.state police no,pib no,snc no,resource control no,true fedralism no,state creation no.but coruption yes nepotism yes, mismanagement yes nd yet some fools frm d west will choose to aliey wit dm in d name of knowng too much let me see who will come here nd call gej a reterd agan

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by ewet: 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
I concur with the reps on the issue of voiding state creation.it is a total waste of time and will serve no reasonable purpose but only fiefdoms for some politicians to use as cash cows. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

On the issues of autonomy to LGS and SASS.How can the NGF reject this, it is highly preposterous,wht manner of democracy are we running.The govs have made it obvious tht they are bare faced double speaking liars.In one breath its more powers to the states and in same breath they want LGS and SASS to be mere puppets.Wht kind of democracy are they practicing.Thy are obviously pretenders who do not blif in the tenets of democracy but are dictators by all intent and purposes.Lets see the voting pattern,who voted for and who voted against and lets know the wolfs in sheep skin. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by emkaygeorge(f): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
the 26 states+ FCT has not been fully managed and they are talking of creating gini..... abeg mba
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by ewet: 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
sheriffman: New states will never be created cos of the Following reasons
1. The South East caucus in the Assembly are not united.
2. Most states want another out of it.
3. The Northerners knowing what it will mean will not allow it.
4. The South East need to do something beyond waiting for the National Assembly.
has the SE eva bin united.Thy are a confused lot who are too egoistic and lack commonsense to knw tht threr is strength in unity.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Ngwakwe: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
If you run out of ideas on intellectual contribution as per this thread, please allow others to continue from where you stopped without making such hyper sensitive statements that have the capacity to derail this thread

ewet:
has the SE eva bin united.Thy are a confused lot who are too egoistic and lack commonsense to knw tht threr is strength in unity.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
ayobase: RUBBISH!
Why can't they pass the 6yrs single tenure instead of the divided by 2 8yrs single tenure!

Let a President come and prove his/her worth for a 6yrs....SIMPLE!

Not by washing plates for 4yrs and using the next 4yrs to eat from it......another will come and wash for 4years.......and the procudure continues!

Sir, you cannot "prove your worth" without being given another "chance/incentive" to do so.

A 4yr term gives you an incentive to work hard for another 4yr term.

A single 6yr term and you can say "F**ck You!" to the populace and bounce with the Nation's treasury if you feel like. This is GEJ's plan.

P.S: His original plan was to be President for as long as possible (Possibly Life). Notice that he put forward this bill--- not only less than 3weeks after he became President--- but also after returning from his First official State visits to Cameroon and Uganda to visit Paul Biya and Yoweri Musevini; two of the world's most vicious and longest serving dictators. And you know how they got to become rule for so long?! By deceiving their people with "Single-Term Tenures"! By the time the people realized what was going on, it was too late and the general populace was too weary to fight. Pockets of rebellions formed in the different parts of those countries and the government(s) --or at least Uganda---are in a constant daily battle with rebels. This is what corruption causes, it eventually leads to a break down in security, law and order. And this what is presently happening in Nigeria. GEJ's sins are too numerous and too costly for Nigeria. Why cant Nigerians just see this and boot this crook and his fellow charlatans out of anywhere resembling the corridors of power?
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Sike(m): 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
SMH
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Akiika: 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Numbers of state shouldn't be more than 15, LG councils should be autonomous. There should be no allocation given to Governors or any constituency project fund to members of congress. Federal Government should implement projects at states directly. The only problem is that the Fed. gov't's profligacy is next to none. But with a virile anti-corruption law and ever-watchful congress (if they don't get free money), we'll benefit the dividend of democracy.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by league11(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
LEvuls:
Do u work there?
Tribalistic mogue...we ask u the reasons..ewu gambia dika gi

if u dont like another person's story then write your own. d guy is on point
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by SporoX: 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
We are definitely gonna be in this mess until a revolution takes place. A country where fools rule? Or you think these useless people are better than you are or are more intelligent than you are? What are they even doing? Do they really work? They should go to where people crushing rocks are working. This country needs to get rid of its plagued sicknesses starting from the president. Judgement should start from him, then roll all the way down. Even slashing all this their wasteful usage and spendings including their salary. Its supposed to be a volunteered positions, a selfless service and a token should be received for doing this. Not receiving all this bogus money. FYI, Southerners are more dumb than ever. The Northerners can suffer a dime even if the country gets divided
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by c33b33(m): 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
saintneo: Why reject state creation, LG & State Assembly autonomy?
Only state creation was rejected in that your list,try to read well.
Re: Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation by Engineer96(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Let us stop wasting our time concluding on things that has not been concluded.
The last time I checked, Nigeria has a bi-camera legislature. HOP is just an arm of the national assembly and let's not forget that nothing becomes a law in Nigeria without both houses approving it.
Igbo has more vocal voice in the senate while the abokis has more vocal voice in the lower chamber.
Let's keep our finger crossed and wait for the outcome of that of the senate and the approval of the joint committees.
Something will definitely be added to while some will also be removed from either HOR or/and senate recommendations .
Let's wait and see what happens at the end.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EdoDecides: Blind Man Assisted By His Daughter To Vote (pics) / Give Us Land For Air Peace’s Aviation Hub, Ugwuanyi Pleads With FG / Saraki, PDP, 15 Pro-Saraki Senators Plan To Attack APC Senators – Yekini Nabena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.