Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread (5984 Views)

Sunny Ade Vs Ebenezer Obey: Who Do You Prefer? / Which Is Your Favourite Ebenezer Obey Track / Ebenezer Obey And Sunny Ade: The Story Of Two Rivals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
As promised on the thread below, I hereby open the floor for all lovers of Obey music to share their favourite tracks of his music and also to learn about this living legend.
https://www.nairaland.com/1251016/sunny-ade-vs-ebenezer-obey
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
I am willing to learn from others about Obey's music and will also contribute as much as possible according to my knowledge of his music.
As much as I know Obey has been singing since the early sixties and released several albums since then, if you have spotify on your computer you can listen to 'Obey in the 60's Vol 1 and 2, you'll be surprised that those tracks were released in the 60's.

I believe that at some point, due to popular demand and the need to harmonise several of his albums together, Nira sounds started to compile Obey's albums into evergreen songs. Each evergreen songs contains tracks from different albums released in different years and even decades apart.

As far as I know, there is up to 44 evergreen songs, I will try to review the one that I know one after the other. I hope others that knows more about these tracks would also contribute.
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
Evergreen song 1 has the following tracks:
Olomi gbo temi (Baby mi jowo o je ka jo maa gbadun)
Ketekete
Iba f'Eledumare
Ori mi ko ni buru
Gbebe mi Oluwa
Ota mi dehin lehin mi
Eniyan Lasan
Lanre Badmus

This evergreen song is probably the richest of all Obey's evergreen songs, all the tracks are solid, thought provoking and pass accross messages.
The first track is a bomb anytime and anyday, its always evergreen. here is the link to it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwOMSMTwVg4
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
##subscribing##
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 2:42am On Apr 14, 2013
The second track titled ketekete is very popular even among non Yorubas, I've heard how many Hausas, Ibos and even Ghanaians rock this track.
The story in the track was meant to let us realise that there is no way you can please every one:
Ko sogbon to leeda
Ko s' iwa to le hu
Ko s'ona to le gba
To le fi t'aye lorun o

I particularly like where he sang:
T'oba lo si party
Nibi ti won je'gbadun
Ton ba ni ki lo n mu?
To ba ni Coca Cola
Won a ni ko m'aye je
Jedijedi lo maa pa! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
The next track on evergreen song 1 is
Iba F'eledumare
I enjoyed this track anytime it is one of the proper highlife you can ever listen to. In this track Obey praised all members of his band for their contribution to his success.The beats towards the end of the track always made me to remember a film titled Oleku and the way they danced in the portion of the film, it was a proper old school style of dancing and dressing as well.
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
The next track is titled 'ori mi ko ni buru' ( May I never be unfortunate)
This track just like the name suggests is a prayer song:

Ori mi ko ni buru o 4ce
Letter t'Oluwa ba ko ko seni to le pada
Ori mi ko ni buru o.....

Oluwa ko ma gbagbe mi 4ce
Ire kaluku o lowo eleda lo wa
Oluwa ko ma gbagbe mi

very nice and entertaining track and evergreen also it will always be played from generations to generations.
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 2:42pm On May 08, 2013
As I am usually very busy to maintain this thread they way I would love to, I have decided that the best way to keep the thread alive is to provide an evergreen song of the day evry now and then. Anyone who is interested in Ebenezer Obey group on FB can join either of the group below on FB and let us miliki together:
https://www./ebenezerobeyclassicmusicfanclub/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chief-Commander-Ebenezer-Obey/61076345281
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 2:46pm On May 08, 2013
Evergreen song of the day is Evergreen song 39 track one titles 'Orisirisi ore lowa'

here is the Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfFIRu7MBqA
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2013
As usual this track covers a very important part of human life, being a good friend and not an enemy friend. Please sing along with me:
Abi ore to n soju s'aya alaya ni ti e?
Bi emi bi ah! rara emi ko o
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
here comes my favourite track that I am never tired of listening to:
'Ola Oluwa ni mo n je'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbyReO5E9e4
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by funnyx(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
This track is one of those tracks I cannot but wonder how baba commander got the inspiration for its lyrics. The way he sing praises of the Association of Friends is oustanding, please sing along:

“Alhaji Sule Onabiyi Chairman Association of friends mi;
Alhaji Sule Onabiyi, life Chairman Association of Friends mi.
Prince Adeleke Adesina, President Association of friends mi.
First Vice President Engineer Akin Abiola,
Abiola, Engineer Abiola.

Yaradua, Kabi, second vice president Kabi Yaradua mi;
General Secretary Sola Adeyemi.

On bo o, on boo, on boo, Alhaji Sule, (o n booo)
Omo Onabiyi, (on bo oo)
oko Risikat yi o, omo Onabiyi.
Adeleke, Adesina, president oko Iyabode,
omo oba ni ilu ikene, Adeleke Adesina mi,
first vice mi Abiola, Engineer Abiola,
Akin Abiola, Akin Abiola Akin Abiola.
Second vice, kabi yardua,
kabi yaraduaaa oko Roseline mi,
onitemi kabi, kabi yaradua mi.

Sola Adeyemi o, general secretary,
sola Adeyemi mi o, oko ibiye;
Alhaji Fatai Irawo, treasurer mi,
Chief Fafai mi o, treasurer mi”

“up aso aso association, up aso aso association……..”

“Chief Adu Fatai omo Irawo,
Otunba Ademola Adesina,
omo oba ni ilu ikene,
social publicity secretary,
Kolawole Wilky, Ayinde Adesiyan;
Chief Doja Adewopo,
Tayo Olaleye .

(up aso aso association).

“FEMI OGUNLEYE", onitemi Ogunleye,
chief Bayo Osinnowo,
Sinmi o Sinmi o Odunaya mi.
Folusho Badejo, Fatai Kukoyi,
Johnson omo Fasewe, omo olowole,
awo Prince Ayinde Adesinya

(up aso aso association).

Chief Doyin Omololu,
awo Yomi omo olubi,
reliance is reliable,
Segun Majekodunmi,
honorable Funsho omo Kinoshi……….”
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by ayufun: 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
I rep
Re: Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fans Thread by Deborahj(f): 1:16pm On May 15, 2017
Please can anyone help with this Obey track, omo ni yion sin oohh botin sin mama ree.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Thotiana Remix Lyrics – Blueface Ft Cardi B / Best Of Emini Kabex 2019 / BankyW: (Yes/No ) Ft Niyola & Find You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.