Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,787 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection (4346 Views)

Do We Really Worship An Almighty God? (tough Questions For Tbaba) / Holy Quran 5:55-tbaba You're Invited Here / Honest Reasons Why I Am Not A Muslim! (for Tbaba). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by tbaba1234: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
This piece would contain personal reflections. May Allah help me deliver it in the best of ways.

The messenger asked us to recite Surah Kahf every friday. My favorite time for doing this is just after Fajr prayers. For many muslims, it is a friday ritual but it offers them very little in terms of actual reflection. We recite the Arabic but lose the value of reflecting on this incredible surah

Why are muslims asked to recite this surah so often? I have found that for myself reflecting on this Surah every week makes everything better, i am given guidance on how to face the struggles of life and how to handle situations in ways that would please the creator.

We face numerous tests in life and this surah summarizes all the tests a man faces in his life in four remarkable stories. The surah also offers practical ways of dealing with theses tests.

Test of Faith

In a time, when shamelessness is so pervasive, many muslims have dropped the standards of shame and decency in order to 'fit in'. It is everywhere, On TV, On the internet, on billboards, on Nairaland. We are living in an age where shamelessness is order of the day. Many muslims have compromised their faith in this regard, we see religious (praying) muslims engaged in premarital relationships even when they know it is wrong.

In the midst of all this mess, is a muslim trying to live the life of a muslim. A young lady who wears the hijab inspite of the strong opposition from her muslim family, a brother who tries to keep his beard faces all kinds of opposition from his muslim family. Religion vs culture. You want to follow islam but you have to reject certain cultural practises. Corruption is normal to the people, but Islam preaches against it.

There are many people caught in different situations where their faith is been tested, they might even want to compromise... It could be in the work place, at home or in school.

Allah gives of a story of youths caught in a similar situation, they had gone against the culture and idols of the fathers. They ran away from a situation that was dangerous and unbearable for them.. Then the help of Allah came:: Allah saved them from possible disbelief.

The same applies to those struggling to keep the values of their faith, migrate away from the influences that could cause you to compromise your islamic values and the help of Allah will come..

For safety, you must swim against the tide..

But swimming against the tide is difficult, so Allah offers practical advice a few ayahs after the story:

Surah 18:28 Content yourself with those who pray to their Lord morning and evening, seeking His approval, and do not let your eyes turn away from them out of desire for the attractions of this worldly life:b do not yield to those whose hearts We have made heedless of Our Quran, those who follow their own low desires, those whose ways are unbridled.

Get support that will swim with you against the tide. Get good company... Just like the youths supported each other. Good company will support you..

This principle is reiterated in Surah Asr: All of man is drowned in loss except those who realise they are in loss and swim against the tide, they need support in this difficult swim so they call others...

With deep reflection, a muslim facing a test of his faith has practical steps to take to stay firm..

Test of wealth

For some of us, we are blessed with a lot of wealth. Sometimes we begin to think that we deserve it all... It is afterall our hard work. For some of us, we do not have much and we despair because of our state.

Surah kahf then migrates to story of two men, the first a man with a multiple farm lands that were fully yielding but he wronged himself, think his wealth would never pass away. He made his wealth an ilah(Something to be worshpped loved and obeyed) besides Allah and Allah took it all away.... The second, a poor righteous man

Allah reminds us of the what this life really is and what we should aim for, in the preceding Ayat:

45 Tell them, too, what the life of this world is like: We send water down from the skies and the earth’s vegetation absorbs it, but soon the plants turn to dry stubble scattered about by the wind: God has power over everything.

46 Wealth and children are the attractions of this worldly life, but lasting good works have a better reward with
your Lord and give better grounds for hope.

(Surah 18:45-46)

Whether we have wealth or not, The most lasting thing in this life are the good works we leave behind. Every other thing is not that important.... Everything in this life would turn into dry stubble... We have to keep focused on the main priority.

Test of knowledge

Everyday we make the request: Ihdina alssirata almustaqeema

guide us to the straight and wide (dangerous) path upwards,

As long as we are alive, we still have struggles, as long we are still in the earth’s atmosphere climbing upwards , we struggle with gravity pulling us down…… The higher up, you go the more dangerous, it is… If a person takes one step up a ladder and falls, he is fine but if one takes 99 steps up a ladder and falls he is finished. Not only does he fall on the earth , he goes deep into the earth

Allah describes this in surah Araf. The Quran describes former pious and knowledgeable believers who went astray as going depth into the earth, clinging to it , clinging to their desires, and they could have been raised high… (rough translation)

[Prophet], tell them the story of the man to whom We gave Our messages: he sloughed them off, so Satan took him as his follower and he went astray– if it had been Our will, We could have used these signs to raise him high, but instead he clung to the earth and followed his own desires– he was something like a dog that pants with a lolling tongue whether you drive it away or leave it alone. Such is the image of those who reject Our signs. Tell them the story so that they may reflect. (Suurah Araf :175-176)

Allah is describing people of knowledge here, people who Allah gave status by means of their knowledge but they became materialistic and they went after this world. Allah compares them to dogs.. Allah does not even say they are like dogs, He said they are something like a dog suggesting a dog is better…

Allah compares such a person to a drooling dog, they are hungry when they are hungry or not… They are addicted, they become like filthy animal and they used to be amazing people. Allah gave them the opportunity of going so high but they went so low…

The higher up this path you go, the scarier it gets, the more dangerous it is… There is no such thing as safe status in Islam. You are never safe…

A reflection on self

I fear for myself sometimes, i write a lot of threads on Islam here. Over the last few years, Allah has blessed me with knowledge but i realise that i still know nothing. I am obliged to share the little i know... I have to maintain high standards for myself in my private life because Allah demands it. Like Allah says:

How can you tell people to do what is right and forget to do it yourselves, even though you recite the Scripture? Have you no sense? (Surah 2: ayah 44)

Real knowledge of religion leads to humility and there is always someone who knows more.

Musa(alayhi salam) thought he was the most knowledgeable until he met Khidr. We learn that there is always someone more knowledgeable..

Humilty is the key:

Like Musa said:

Moses said, ‘God willing, you will find me patient. I will not disobey you in any way.’ (surah kahf :69)

This story also teaches us that there is profound wisdom to whatever difficulty you are facing, it may be for the greater good even if you do not see it. Be patient and realise that Allah is the best of planners.

A test of power

Justice should be the watchword of one in power like Dhul qarnayn, help people even if you can not understand their language.....

The surah ends with a very valuable lesson:

Be sincere:

Say, ‘I am only a human being, like you, to whom it has been revealed that your God is One. Anyone who fears to meet his Lord should do good deeds and give no one a share in the worship due to his Lord. (surah kahf :110)

12 Likes

Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by tbaba1234: 2:39am On May 31, 2013
A reminder!!!
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by sino(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2013
tbaba1234: A reminder!!!
Jazakumullahu khayran for the reminder, it has been very helpful to me.
May Allah strengthen us, especially, we the youths ameen.
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by tbaba1234: 10:15am On May 31, 2013
sino:
Jazakumullahu khayran for the reminder, it has been very helpful to me.
May Allah strengthen us, especially, we the youths ameen.

Wa iyyakum
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by indoorlove(m): 12:22pm On May 31, 2013
Nice insight! Pls can i contact you privately?
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by naffysa(f): 12:22pm On May 31, 2013
Islam is Peace, luv, Confidence, Hop, Happiness ,Tranquility, contented, Forgiveness, Joy, Good, Perfect and son on- Alahmdulilah we are Muslims ( Thank u brother, may Allah increase in Knowledge) Amin

2 Likes

Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by WizPrince1(m): 12:24pm On May 31, 2013
Hmmm... Islam for Muslim... Am a Christian... Let Love Lead!

1 Like

Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 31, 2013
jazakallahu khaeran ya akhii
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by condralbede(m): 12:29pm On May 31, 2013
just passing by....
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by chakula: 12:35pm On May 31, 2013
Ya subhanallah what a nice article, although the write up is quite long but however I will manage to check thru for the benefit of myself.

Jazakallah!
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Utchry: 12:57pm On May 31, 2013
REPENT for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. JESUS CHRIST is THE WAY, THE TRUTH & THE LIFE. No one cometh unto the Father except through Him. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord & Saviour & be saved from eternal damnation.

A word is enough for the wise!

3 Likes

Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by creserve: 2:53pm On May 31, 2013
Jazakallah! Pls dont be provoked to join issues with any munafikun.
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 31, 2013
From your post you sound like a sincere christian, Please I urge you to read the book "Is the Bible God's Word? By Ahmed Deedat. You can get an E-copy here http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Deedat/Is%20The%20Bible%20Gods%20Word%20[deedat].pdf

You should also watch Ahmed Deedat's debate with Reverend Jimmy Swaggart here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlA22NNFlDw&hl=en-GB&gl=NG

Utchry: REPENT for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. & be saved from eternal damnation.

1 Like

Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Walexz02(m): 3:42pm On May 31, 2013
May Allah increase your knowlegl
Lllj
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by tbaba1234: 5:48pm On May 31, 2013
indoorlove: Nice insight! Pls can i contact you privately?

mail: tbaba1234@yahoo.com
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by tbaba1234: 5:49pm On May 31, 2013
Jarus: jazakallahu khaeran ya akhii

Wa iyyakum
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by thrugemaster(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2013
i comment my reserve
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Chromablesimple: 6:33am On Jun 01, 2013
Utchry: REPENT for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. JESUS CHRIST is THE WAY, THE TRUTH & THE LIFE. No one cometh unto the Father except through Him. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord & Saviour & be saved from eternal damnation.

go and sell Jesus to d lost sheep of ur folks. Muslims know more about Jesus than u any christian do, if today christians live by the dictates and practice of Jesus, Islam and christianity would be on the same page.

From all the op said above, nothing inspires u, I am not suprise, it has been said that salvation is by the will of God Almighty.
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2013
Untolerant Bigots hiding my post?
Piss be unto you (the mods of this section) angry
Re: Tbaba's Friday Mornings - Spiritual Rebirth And Reflection by Rilikoko(m): 11:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Was Eve Created From Adam's Rib? / For Muslims Who Believe The Bible Is Corrupt / Muslim's Paradise, And Christian's Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.