Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Is Traveling Visa A Right? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Visa A Right? (563 Views)

How Is Traveling To Turkey Like? / Who Needs A Statement Account For Is Traveling? / Who Is Traveling To South Africa For The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Traveling Visa A Right? by dotcomnamename: 11:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,

Many people have applied for visas to travel abroad, some were refused while some were granted.

Some applicants met up Embassy Requirements and still refused the visa

My dictionary said PRIVILEGE means:

1. right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most: the privileges of the very rich.

2.a special right, immunity, or exemption granted to persons in authority or office to free them from certain obligations or liabilities: the privilege of a senator to speak in Congress without danger of a libel suit.

3.a grant to an individual, corporation, etc., of a special right or immunity, under certain conditions.

4.the principle or condition of enjoying special rights or immunities.

5.any of the rights common to all citizens under a modern constitutional government: We enjoy the privileges of a free people.

I've learnt a lot from Justwise and Vicjustice here, but i red a statement from Vicjustice that Visa is a privilege and i don't understand what he mean because i am confused by the number 2.

If a visa is not a right, then why the embassies usually quotes sections and acts of their Visa Immigration law indirectly as if if the applicant can provide the requirements then the visa is guarantee.

My question now is: Is Visa A Right?

If not, why?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out / Nigerians Excluded From US Visa Lottery / Spanish Police Arrest 25 Nigerians For ‘sex Trafficking’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.