Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Power Of Prayer And Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Prayer And Fasting (772 Views)

The Power Behind Sex / A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family / PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Prayer And Fasting by Sunbellar: 3:31am On Apr 13, 2013
In the past you may have been disappointed that your prayers were not answered. But do not lose faith....God is not a mute unfeeling Being. He is love itself. He has not finished with you.

Prayer should be consistent, lifting up our holy hands and submitting our life totally to God.
Jesus commands us in luke 18:1 Men ought always to pray, and not to faint. Every conquring christian must be a prayerful christian.

Our conscience bearing witness with the Holyghost whether we are children of God.

Paul reveals the secret of his answered prayers in Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself to have always a conscience void of offense toward God and toward men.

This is only when faith comes into play because a dead/condemned conscience cannot please God. John 4:24 God is a Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

When we are right with God, then our prayers becomes effective and powerful as James 5:16 says Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Brethren, we need to pray as we make our daily walk right with God. As the devil is growing ravenous appetites for souls as the endtime approaches, God is moving in his mighty power to redeem and to save through speedy answers to our prayers.

But some prayers cannot be answered without fasting. Stubborn and terrible problems demands that we submit ourselves to God in fasting and prayer.

The apostles experienced this in Matthew 17:21 However this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. " Jesus did rebuked the devil because he is God and commanded the disciples to pray and fast in such situation. Thank you and God bless you for you time.

*21 Great Quotes on Prayer :*

●" The greatest thing anyone can do for God or man is pray." - *S. D. Gordon '*

● "Prayer is where the action is." - *John Wesley*

●" Prayer does not help our ministry. Prayer is our ministry." - *George Izunwa '*

● "Satan does not care how many people read about prayer if only he can keep them from praying."
- *Paul E.Billheimer.* : .

● "Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees."
- *Corrie Ten Boom*

● "Satan trembles when he sees the weakest Christian on his knees."
- *William Cowper*

● "I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach."
- *Charles Spurgeon*

● "The man who mobilizes the Christian church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelization in history."
- *Andrew Murray*

● "We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties."
- *Oswald Chambers*

● "There is no other activity in life so important as that of prayer. Every other activity depends upon prayer for its best efficiency."
- *M.E. Andross*

● "He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day." - *John Bunyan*

● "I have seen many men work without praying, though I have never seen any good come out of it; but I have never seen a man pray without working."
- *James Hudson Taylor*

● "Prayer is not learned in a classroom but in the closet." - *E. M. Bounds*

● "We must begin to believe that God, in the mystery of prayer, has entrusted us with a force that can move the Heavenly world, and can bring it's power down to earth."
- *Andrew Murray*

● "Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His' voice in the depth of our hearts."
- *Mother Teresa*

● "Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done."
- *C.S. Lewis*

● "The more you pray, the less you'll panic. The more you worship, the less you worry. You'll feel more patient and less pressured."
- *Rick Warren*

● "I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer."
- *Martin Luther*

● "Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work."
- *Oswald Chambers*

● "He who kneels the most, stands the best."
- *D.L. Moody* encourage others by sharing ....

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Prophet T B JOSHUA / Happy New Month Nairalanders! / Is It A SIN For Christian Girls Add SEXY To Their Nicknames ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.