Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie (729 Views)

Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Half Of A Yellow Sun Confirmed As Nollywood’s Most Expensive Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie by JuanDeDios: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2013
AS THE RETURN OF CINEMAS ASSURES PRODUCERS OF RETURNS ON THEIR INVESTMENTS

At about N1.27bn ($8mn), “Half of a Yellow Sun” is the most expensive Nollywood flick yet, BusinessDay reports. The movie adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s novel of the same title was shot at the Tinapa Film Studio, Cross River State, SE Nigeria, and the United Kingdom. The film, which is currently in its post-production stage, was directed by Biyi Bandele. It had most of its cast and crew flown in from abroad, featuring some top British and Nigerian actors as Chiwetel Ejiofor (Kinky Boots, American Gangster, 2012, Salt); Thandie Newton (Mission: Impossible II, Crash, The Pursuit of Happiness); and Genevieve Nnaji.

Nollywood is currently placed third in the world in terms of output and revenue. Robert Orya of the Nigerian Export-Import Bank put the revenue the Nigerian film industry has generated in the last three years at between $300 million and $800 million. Victor Okhai, a filmmaker, told BusinessDay that it is expected that the quality of films will improve. He put this down to two factors—the thumbs down constantly received by Nollywood filmmakers at international film festivals and the return of cinemas. He said the return of cinemas which enables the producers to make money outside the pirate-ruled open market also discourages bad production, as flaws get magnified on the big screen.

For more:
http://www.234globe.com/story/325/Half+of+a+Yellow+Sun+is+Nollywood%27s+Most+Expensive+Movie.html

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie by Localamos(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2013
Looking forward to the movie
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie by martyns303(m): 7:43am On Apr 13, 2013
Finally a movie out of the N10 mill budget
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie by Akshow: 8:04am On Apr 13, 2013
I remember reading it on Nairaland that genevive got the axe for the role and it pissed me off big time. Happy she is in the cast else i for no wash am
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Is Nollywood's Most Expensive Movie by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Akshow: I remember reading it on Nairaland that genevive got the axe for the role and it pissed me off big time. Happy she is in the cast else i for no wash am

no wash am,clean am, u hear. grin

(1) (Reply)

Whats Hapenning To Game Of Thrones / Suicide Squad Movie Review / 'empire’ Season 3 Spoilers: 6 Things To Know Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.