Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption (11197 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria / Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by solomon111(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
seanet01: You can continue with your deluded fantasies but watch your misstyping fingers else Thunder locate your airhead.
Bingo
fucck off you offemmanu lout.
God punish you.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by kalunomics(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
See what thirst for power can do to people. ACN is hell bent on taking the seat come 2015 that they forget the ethics of being a patriotic citizen!
What did y'all hypocrites say when achebe told the truth about the civil war? Even Fashola on the launch of book in the states said, it is not good to be stire what has settled down, meaning hide the truth from Igbo tribe posterities... And y'all hypocrites supported the move right here on NL.

That documentary serves solely, as one of the tirade of virulent disparaging crusade against the GEJ's administration. It is not and was never intended to serve as a wake up call for Nigerians to quest for good governance and accountability.

They never thought of the damage it will do to the country in the international community, as longs as it fulfills their selfish desires. Even as any sincere person would attest that GEJ's administration is not the best but better than the erstwhile C-in-C and all in the past.

That's why when i read through Ghana/Nigeria, Kenya/Nigeria et al bashings, i just laugh at my fellow country men stúpidity.
Clowns!!! It won't be long before i laugh again in the bashing threads!!
I always hear people say Nigerians deserves what they get and now I subscribe to that fact.

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Rossikk(m): 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: Very good move by the FG.
The FG are doing their best to promote Nigeria's image,some idiotts are trying to destroy it.
Nigeria is not the only country with poor people.

nairaman66:

For the records- There is no Image of Nigeria to be protected! Get it?

He said ''promote''.

Why twist what he says?

Is ''promote'' too difficult to attack, hence your replacing it with ''protect''?
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by OmoTier1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
ROSSIKK... did I not caution you to stay clear off PDP politics and stick to posting pictures of Lagos and other beautiful places in Nigeria on NL? ..You no dey hear word shocked
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by seanet01: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
^^^^^^^
The boy dey wan eat with devil
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by seanet01: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: fucck off you offemmanu lout.
God punish you.
Your lack the basics of coversation.
Courtesy and Respect.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by solomon111(m): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
seanet01: Your lack the basics of coversation.
Courtesy and Respect.
yeah right.
Hypocrite
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by NeoXVI: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
The FG are doing their best to promote Nigeria's image,some idiotts are trying to destroy it.

Can't believe a Nigerian youth said this shocked
You papa must be in govt, else you must have lost your mind.
Promote Nigeria's image by pardoning convicted embezzlers, and generally being corrupt and clueless?

Best way to promote your image as a govt is good governance, you slowpoke. You cannot stifle freedom of speech in the name of promoting image

2 Likes

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by NeoXVI: 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: you think it is silly?
Smh.
How does making a film about poverty in Nigeria,solve poverty?
So there are no poverty in other parts of the world?
Is this not the sort of selective and partial journalism,we accuse the western media of?
Since Nigeria is the only country with dirty linen,keep on washing it in public and disgracing yourselves.
Na una sabi.
*am out*

Very weak arguments. The essence of journalism is not necessarily to seek solutions, or promote an opinion or point of view, but to EXPOSE THAT WHICH IS, through reportage, to the public eye thereby helping the public form their own opinions and encourage public discourse on the issue.
What he did would surely do both of those, and probably become a catalyst for either shaming leaders into doing better or encouraging the public to vote out the perpetual under-performers.
That has always been the role of the press, and countries generally don't make progress with a stifled press. That's why dictatorships don't work. Do you get it now?

2 Likes

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Litmus: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2013

Totally agree with Solomon. I'd actually go further and urge the so-called poor of Nigeria to shut up! Work hard and talk less. The reason Asia and other parts of the world has progressed more than Africa is significantly because the West, through the Media creates division in Africa between authority and common man, between rich and poor. In this way, the Media, imbued in the people of Africa a sense of entitlement and expectation diametrically opposite of the stage of development of their nations.

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Dibiachukwu: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
How come no one has made a movie on boko haram.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by 360command: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
He should have posted it on youtube or nairaland make we watch for free. y him gas go NFVCB wen him no b white ? Not even chinese or north korean journalist fit expose their govt, dem dey sell the tape or documentry to the white .

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1: ROSSIKK... did I not caution you to stay clear off PDP politics and stick to posting pictures of Lagos and other beautiful places in Nigeria on NL? ..You no dey hear word shocked

hungry dey wire am na cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
By this time next year, FG will ban TV networks from broadcasting criticism on political figures.

Is this FG's way of officially making Nigerians and the rest of the world oblivious of Nigeria's condition?
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Gooogle(m): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
kalunomics: See what thirst for power can do to people. ACN is hell bent on taking the seat come 2015 that they forget the ethics of being a patriotic citizen!
What did y'all hypocrites say when achebe told the truth about the civil war? Even Fashola on the launch of book in the states said, it is not good to be stire what has settled down, meaning hide the truth from Igbo tribe posterities... And y'all hypocrites supported the move right here on NL.

That documentary serves solely, as one of the tirade of virulent disparaging crusade against the GEJ's administration. It is not and was never intended to serve as a wake up call for Nigerians to quest for good governance and accountability.

They never thought of the damage it will do to the country in the international community, as longs as it fulfills their selfish desires. Even as any sincere person would attest that GEJ's administration is not the best but better than the erstwhile C-in-C and all in the past.

That's why when i read through Ghana/Nigeria, Kenya/Nigeria et al bashings, i just laugh at my fellow country men stúpidity.
Clowns!!! It won't be long before i laugh again in the bashing threads!!
I always hear people say Nigerians deserves what they get and now I subscribe to that fact.

I cant imagine I took my time to read this. I need some milk abeg.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by mikolo80: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Can't believe a Nigerian youth said this shocked
You papa must be in govt, else you must have lost your mind.
Promote Nigeria's image by pardoning convicted embezzlers, and generally being corrupt and clueless?

Best way to promote your image as a govt is good governance, you slowpoke. You cannot stifle freedom of speech in the name of promoting image

GUY U'VE SAID IT ALL.D MUMU DE FOLLOW CHOP D NATIONAL CAKE NA WHY IN DE SUPPORT D GOVT. IF TO SAY HIM DE FOLLOW US SUFFER NA thunder him for de fire govt YANSH wit. no WAHALA enjoy the calm before the storm.OUR TIME IS COMING AND AUGEAN STABLES WILL BE CLEANED OUT
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by nenergy(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Censorship ko, Banning ni.
Download here:
FUELLING POVERTY The Movie | Wadup
http:///fuelling-poverty-the-movie-download/

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Abbott(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
Parnassuss:

solomon111:
: Very good move by the FG. The FG are doing their best to promote Nigeria's image,some idiotts are trying to destroy it. Nigeria is not the only country with poor people.

Pathetic.

.........If Obj or a man with spine was doing this to you then I would understand but its this PUSSY, this puny weakling coward that cannot speak to woman reporter like a man that has defanged you!!! Nigeria is soooo pathetic

Whew! That's apt!
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
ayolinger: If we won't be allowed to view or get the message officially or legitimately, is there a way we can get it unofficially or Illegitimately?

https://www.nairaland.com/1124317/video-removal-fuel-subsidy-ishaya

Documentary Feature about the culture of greed and corruption in Nigeria articulated through the Fuel Subsidy Scam of 2011.

A film by Ishaya Bako supported by the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA).

Fueling Poverty (2012)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVq10BwzQoI

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Sirdayor(m): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
where is citizen fundamental right if u can't xpres ur dspleasure about issues u don't like?
I have watch many american film that has to do with the corouption & other injustice within american governmen system. Why didn't their government ban such?
It is unfortunate that some pple can even suport our government on this. I pity our future in ds country, if u can't xpres yourself as a citizen.

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Remii(m): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Now I believe there will be no more poor Nigerians by 00:00hrs Jan 1, 2014 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Fresh Airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Capnd143(m): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Satellite is even going to far, just put excerpt on YouTube, Facebook and get the twitter song going, FG will realise that in this day and age, censorship is almost a waste of time!
lol. You forgot the FG HAS THE POWER TO JAM ALL RADIO WAVES IN THE COUNTRY AS WELL AS BLOCK NIGERIANS FROM ACCES TO INTERNET!
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Mattin(m): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2013

When Nollyhood or whatever they call themselves releases a delusional film, NFVCB wont do anything about that and everyone will rush to grab the so-called copy but a 30minute movie that will wake up sleeping Nigerians like you and begin to make government take responsibility for their action, you are there backing them...
Suffering and smilling!

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Ribaman(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Litmus:

Totally agree with Solomon. I'd actually go further and urge the so-called poor of Nigeria to shut up! Work hard and talk less. The reason Asia and other parts of the world has progressed more than Africa is significantly because the West, through the Media creates division in Africa between authority and common man, between rich and poor. In this way, the Media, imbued in the people of Africa a sense of entitlement and expectation diametrically opposite of the stage of development of their nations.

You are so out of touch vis-a-vis the dynamics of everyday reality, that the term "reality" ought to be redefined for you and your ilk.
Did you actually re-read what you posted here? This country must be doomed!
'Thanks' to Seun, this is a faceless forum. The anonymity it affords enables you type to spew your bigoted remarks without any proper soul searching.
Let me conclude: any Nigerian youth who thinks all is well with this country right now must be feeding fat from the national trough, and/or some family member of his/hers is eating more than their fair share of the national cake.
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by cronsberg: 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
Please submit this documentary to Aljazeera(the only global news station that ain't afraid of showcasing thought provocking documentaries). Infact there is this really interesting four part documentary they're showing now called the '7 sisters' . its about how the 7 major oil conglamorates (shell, bp, Elf, total, chevron e.t.c) sponsored dictatoships for decades and in the mean time stealing oil from those countries. From iran to venezuela, sudan to libya, Nigeria to congo, the 7 sisters in collusion with CIA toppled leaders and installed dictators, they killed millions and stole billions, really thought provocking and interesting documentary.
So please submit this one to Aljazeera, upload it to youtube, burn it on millions of cd's and distribute it quitely. THE TRUTH MUST PREVAIL

4 Likes

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by moshoodn(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
WE ARE ET THE EDGE OF A STEEP PRECIPICE...

SHOULD WE FALL OFF JUST BECAUSE WE WANNA LOOK GOOD BY COVERING OUR MESS IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE PLANET?

OR... SHOULD WE JUST RETRACE OUR STEPS BY REALLY LOOKING INTO THIS MESS WE ARE IN AND ACKNOWLEDGE IT??

NAIJA, LET'S DECIDE NOW!!
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by OkparaIgbo: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
I watched the documentary and whilst it depicted the fraud of fuel subsidy and why Dr Ngozi Okonji Iweala was 100% right when she said it must GO.!, I had to agree with the comment that was stated by someone thus "I hope you saw from the documentary that SE and SS Regions weren't involved..do you know why? How many times have Nigerians protested the killings of these lot or are they not part of Nigeria anymore? Hypocrisy at its highest."

So I ask Nairalanders why hasn't the following tribes joined or protested the killings of the Igbo et.all in Nigeria or are they not more important than the issue that is been agitatetd over and if yes is the answer, then why don't you allow my people to leave this ruins called nigeria.. angry angry
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by ebankole: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
really?

this is so annoying i just help bet comment..really?
we all ken the FG gov does not know the common street of lagos talkless of ogun qnd the rest,why covering what maY help u identify the pain of the common man..i guess thay shud ban boko then if they can LOL...mtcheeeew..
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by nedostic: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Quite a fascinating and emotion-laden real-life documentary mixed with the Nigerian intrigues and resilience as well in action! Even if NFVCB places a ban on it, its difficult to really stop people from watching it for the fact that it is available online. Censorship my foot!This just shows how hypocritical some government agencies could be!

BTW: That corruption has gone viral in Nigeria is no longer news but the onus is on every Nigerian to make a change within his or her immediate milieu.
Agreed leadership in Nigeria is failing not just within the public sector but also in families.
I think most of us are complaining of corruption because we lack opportunities to be directly involved in governance. Lets be fair to ourselves and have a rethink of some of the things we do as well within our immediate environment.How transparent are our dealings with others?

Take for instance, a market woman who sells 'egusi'(melon seed) in the market place with 'measurement' cups stuffed with paper inside it in a bid to make more profits. So who then is defrauding or seemingly cheating who here? Government officials or poor-to-poor fraud?

This is also in parallel with a passenger who voluntarily entered a commercial bus and claimed to have made payment to the bus conductor even when he is fully aware that he is lying and a bus conductor who cheats his driver by telling the driver that only 10 passengers entered into the bus whereas they were more than 10 passengers as well as the bus driver who habitually shortchanges his boss(bus owner) and would always lie about engine knock even when there are proofs that the bus driver was seen transiting passengers from one location to another.
What am I trying to illustrate here? That we as Nigerians live and eat in a "cyclical corruption" or what economists would call vicious cycle of corruption.

We need to own up to the fact that one way or the other most of us are either religiously or irreligiously enmeshed in this evil called "corruption". Methinks, what is at play within Nigeria is corrupt mentality amongst most Nigerians.
I beg to be corrected wit this assertion that "in Nigeria, corruption is much more pervasive amongst the poor and this ugly trend is what is at play in the political landscape"

This country called Nigeria can only be fixed when we all we decide to pay less attention to materialism. Our value system and ethics need to change.Unfortunately, our religious bodies and community leaders have failed us in this regard.
I am sorry to disappoint religious folks here that God cannot fix Nigeria we have got to fix Nigeria ourselves by living right and emphasis should be on hardwork and less on this get quick-rich syndrome!

1 Like

Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Venchy: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2013
[size=15pt]Military in disguise, This BABA SUWE 's (GEJ) government is very different, so so KURU KERE KURU KERE.[/size]
Re: NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption by Demdem(m): 12:19am On Apr 14, 2013
Excellent documentary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi’s Performance At Debate Has Improved Our Party’s Profile — PDP / Inec Has A Server And The Result Shows Buhari Lost. / Train Attack: PDP Singles Out Amaechi, El-Rufai, Alleges Complicity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.