Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... (1144 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Question For Atheists And Religious People / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2013
(For those that don't know, Abdulsleek was my username when I was pretending to be a muslim)
https://www.nairaland.com/1106220/confessions-abdulsleek-lessons-learnt

I have been in Nigeria for almost a month now and I have mentally killed about 10 people. I just feel like beating the crap out of them. Why? Because they readily assume that I am a christian and then I have to play along just for peace sake. In my mind, I really feel like slapping the shyyt out of the person's face but in reality, I smile and say we thank God". angry angry angry

I was talking with a supplier who claimed that Jesus saved his business through prayers and then asked me which church I usually go to (not even whether I'm a christian). Am I going to avoid taking the opportunity to get discounts/favours from the supplier by lying that I'm a christian that goes to the same or a similar church with him?
. Praise tha lord!!!! smiley

The point of opening this thread is to find out if atheists are ready to lie that they are christians or will take the high road of telling the truth that they are atheists despite the consequences?
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by ooman(m): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2013
I once visited the dentistry section of LUTH where I stated that I had no religion in a form I was given.

I also claimed Nontheism when I went to fill my NIMC form. Atheism for NATIONAL ID CARD. The last time I claimed xtianity after learning the truth of atheism was years ago when I filled voters card info.

I have always been outspoken for some years now in any situation. Most situation around me is business and business is formal. Am not a beggar so I dont care what others think as long as they want to do business with me, if not, I will find another merchant.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 13, 2013
ooman: I once visited the dentistry section of LUTH where I stated that I had no religion in a form I was given.

I also claimed Nontheism when I went to fill my NIMC form. Atheism for NATIONAL ID CARD. The last time I claimed xtianity after learning the truth of atheism was years ago when I filled voters card info.

I have always been outspoken for some years now in any situation. Most situation around me is business and business is formal. Am not a beggar so I dont care what others think as long as they want to do business with me, if not, I will find another merchant.

So you are an open atheist in Nigeria? I recall that you live in the north................

Ehem, so you aren't afraid of the consequences? Loss of business opportunities, clients etc? Some people will ven stit on you for saying that you dont believe in God.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by ooman(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2013
Well the goodnews is that am not based in Nig. though I visit alot and travel all over the country for business. I once stayed in Kano for some times but who would "live" in such a place where the weather is erratic to begin with.

My business gives me the upper hand.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2013
ooman: Well the goodnews is that am not based in Nig. though I visit alot and travel all over the country for business. I once stayed in Kano for some times but who would "live" in such a place where the weather is erratic to begin with.

You arent based in Nigeria? Lucky bast@rd!

Anyways, have you been in any situation where you had to lie that you were a christian or muslim?
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by ooman(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

You arent based in Nigeria? Lucky bast@rd!

Anyways, have you been in any situation where you had to lie that you were a christian or muslim?

Situation where I had to lie? NOPE

BUT

I ve been in situations where i had to pretend am a xtian, attend prayers and bible studies because at such times, my atheism doesn't matter, its just about pleasing the people around.

HOWEVER

Whenever anyone ask me about religious convictions, I tell them I have none, if they push further, then I expose my atheism. Some are shocked, some simply dont believe, they prefer to believe am only joking but those close to me know that am serious about it
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2013
ooman:

Situation where I had to lie? NOPE

BUT

I ve been in situations where i had to pretend am a xtian, attend prayers and bible studies because at such times, my atheism doesn't matter, its just about pleasing the people around.

HOWEVER

Whenever anyone ask me about religious convictions, I tell them I have none, if they push further, then I expose my atheism. Some are shocked, some simply dont believe, they prefer to believe am only joking but those close to me know that am serious about it

The part i hate most is going to church to please others! Listening to a fraud preaching fairytales from the pulpit and watching people put their hard earned money into offering.bdo u enjoy going to church?
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by ooman(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

The part i hate most is going to church to please others! Listening to a fraud preaching fairytales from the pulpit and watching people put their hard earned money into offering.bdo u enjoy going to church?

Well it depends on the kind of "others" you please. If you think they are worth it, then you should.

I get so bored when it comes to the preaching part, so bored that I would start feeling sleepy, but I bring out my mobile and do some reading, working or browsing. That is how I save myself on such sundays.

concerning offerings, I pay all. But tithes? NEVER.

When they start praying, I normally leave the auditorium because prayers does not just bore me, it also annoys me.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by alfaman2: 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
The best thing about being an atheist is the lack of belief. True atheists don't believe anything so they say anything they want depending on the circumstances as long as the end is a satisfactory outcome. To a real atheist, the phrase "I believe in jesus, the son of the living god" means exactly the same thing as "I believe in the great power of Satan", or "I worship the boiling flying spaghetti, the only one that can save my soul", or "The Central Square art is circular", etc. They are all meaningless statements about imaginations to a real atheist and if you fell different from saying any of them, then you need to question your atheism.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
alfaman2: The best thing about being an atheist is the lack of belief. True atheists don't believe anything so they say anything they want depending on the circumstances as long as the end is a satisfactory outcome. To a real atheist, the phrase "I believe in jesus, the son of the living god" means exactly the same thing as "I believe in the great power of Satan", or "I worship the boiling flying spaghetti, the only one that can save my soul", or "The Central Square art is circular", etc. They are all meaningless statements about imaginations to a real atheist and if you fell different from saying any of them, then you need to question your atheism.

"true atheists"? You channeling Frosbel or something?

I dont care about the meaning of those phrases, what I do care about is the fct that I'm forced to lie due to the religious nature of Nigeria
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
ooman:

Well it depends on the kind of "others" you please. If you think they are worth it, then you should.

I get so bored when it comes to the preaching part, so bored that I would start feeling sleepy, but I bring out my mobile and do some reading, working or browsing. That is how I save myself on such sundays.

concerning offerings, I pay all. But tithes? NEVER.

When they start praying, I normally leave the auditorium because prayers does not just bore me, it also annoys me.

Same here. However, there is no one worth going to church for.....except it is a burial or wedding. Anything outside these two is annoying....so so so annoying.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by alfaman2: 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

"true atheists"? You channeling Frosbel or something?

I dont care about the meaning of those phrases, what I do care about is the fct that I'm forced to lie due to the religious nature of Nigeria

It is not a lie if it is meaningless.

Is "my wonder butterfly is cricket snow" a lie?
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
alfaman2:

It is not a lie if it is meaningless.

Is "my wonder butterfly is cricket snow" a lie?

It is a meaningless lie but still annoying
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Blacklight: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
It is punishing, hard to be irreligious in Nigeria and downright dangerous to profess it.

But can the discrimination and prejudice against the irreligious be rolled back by forever acquiescing to religion? Does this acquiescence serve any positive ends, even if narrow? I have my doubts as to the benefits, even personal, of avoiding discrimination and prejudice by perpetually playing religious.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
Blacklight: It is punishing, hard to be irreligious in Nigeria and downright dangerous to profess it.

But can the discrimination and prejudice against the irreligious be rolled back by forever acquiescing to religion? Does this acquiescence serve any positive ends, even if narrow? I have my doubts as to the benefits, even personal, of avoiding discrimination and prejudice by perpetually playing religious.

Good questions. Pretending to be religious until one is self sufficient
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good questions. Pretending to be religious until one is self sufficient

....is d way to go
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by dorox(m): 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
I can see that logicboy and ooman are beginning to bond, pretty soon they'll be as close as twins.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Areaboy2(m): 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

I was talking with a supplier who claimed that Jesus saved his business through prayers and then asked me which church I usually go to (not even whether I'm a christian). Am I going to avoid taking the opportunity to get discounts/favours from the supplier by lying that I'm a christian that goes to the same or a similar church with him?
. Praise tha lord!!!! smiley

Praise da lord again my brother!!!

When the average mentality in Nigeria changes, only then will I bother to argue with anyone why I don't believe in the idea of god.

Until then, if "praise the lord" is gonna get me a bargain, then fck it! praise him grin grin grin
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by ooman(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
^^^you are using the name of god in vain. hell is your destination
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Areaboy2(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
ooman: ^^^you are using the name of god in vain. hell is your destination

Praise da lord to that too..

can I have a pint of lager while I'm at it too? hehehehe.. We'll both meet in hell and have a cracking party there wink
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
dorox: I can see that logicboy and ooman are beginning to bond, pretty soon they'll be as close as twins.

We have always been good friends.....there wasjust a case of pseudoscience that split us apart
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
Area_boy:

Praise da lord again my brother!!!

When the average mentality in Nigeria changes, only then will I bother to argue with anyone why I don't believe in the idea of god.

Until then, if "praise the lord" is gonna get me a bargain, then fck it! praise him grin grin grin

Agreed. Couldnt agree more.

Nigeria is not a place you should claim to be irreligious especially if you are not self sufficient
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by jayriginal: 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Same here. However, there is no one worth going to church for.....except it is a burial or wedding. Anything outside these two is annoying....so so so annoying.

Burials and weddings wouldnt exhaust the possibilities for me. I am a music lover and I would go to church for quality music.
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by mazaje(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
I still go to church in Nigeria sometimes, mostly to meet up with some friends and business partners. . .People still think am a weird kind of christian because i let them know that i don't believe in all the mythical stuffs like juju, and many of the silly mythical stories we hear about, like people turning into tubers of yams, bullet proof juju, people disappearing and turning into animals, witches and wizards etc. I am never afraid to go where people claim are hunted with evil spirits etc(all those crazy superstitious stuffs). Some times I tell people that they re not suposed to pray but do their best when they are dealing with me, i always tell them that what man needs to do must be done by man himself, use your abilities and god will help you, don't just sit and pray because it never works etc. . .Am just a weird and unconventional Nigerian christian to them. . .

Now that I am financially independent and doing very well, most people are afraid to challenge my views on religion because they feel I will be offended and it will affect our relationship, if it does they believe they won't get something from me . . .

Nigerians mostly care that you have money and you are going to give them, that is all they care about,if you have money and you will give them, they will worship you, they will say things behind your back but once they see you they will always worship you if you are rich, so now am free, my wealth buys me freedom to do and say what I want with regards to religion which i still find very surprising. . .I think its best to just lie that you are a christian for now till you are rich then you can always let them know. . .They will still roll with you as long as you are rich, they will still worship you as an atheist as long as you have money. . .Because that's what Nigerians mostly care about. . .Money and nothing else. . .
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 14, 2013
mazaje: I still go to church in Nigeria sometimes, mostly to meet up with some friends and business partners. . .People still think am a weird kind of christian because i let them know that i don't believe in all the mythical stuffs like juju, and many of the silly mythical stories we hear about people turning into tubers of yams, bullet proof juju, people disappearing and turning into animals, witches and wizards, am never afraid to go where people claim are hunted with evil spirits etc(all those crazy superstitious stuffs).Some times I tell people that they re not suposed to pray but do their best when they are dealing with me, i always tell them that what man needs to do must be done by man himself, use your abilities and god will help you, don't just sit and pray because it never works etc. . .Am just a weird and unconventional Nigerian christian to them. . .

Now that I am financially independent and doing very well, most people are afraid to challenge my views on religion because they feel I will be offended and it will affect our relationship, if it does they won't get something from me . . .

Nigerians mostly care that you have money and you are going to give them, that is all they care about,if you have money and you will give them, they will worship you, they will say things behind your back but once they see you they will always worship you if you are rich, so now am free, my wealth buys me freedom to do and say what I want with regards to religion which i still find very surprising. . .I think its best to just lie that you are a christian for now till you are rich then you can always let them know. . .They will still roll with you as long as you are rich, they will still worship you as an atheist as long as you have money. . .Because that's what Nigerians mostly care about. . .Money and nothing else. . .

Haha......i like that.

Once one is financially independent, there is very lititle that can hold one back.........

Stilll, i hate church music
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by woky: 6:53am On Apr 14, 2013
ooman: Well the goodnews is that am not based in Nig. though I visit alot and travel all over the country for business. I once stayed in Kano for some times but who would "live" in such a place where the weather is erratic to begin with.

kano??
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by ooman(m): 7:25am On Apr 14, 2013
woky: kano??

Yep, the highest muslim occupied state in Africa, i read
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by alfaman2: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is a meaningless lie but still annoying

JeSoul是同性戀

To you, is the above meaningless or a lie?
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 14, 2013
alfaman2:

JeSoul是同性戀

To you, is the above meaningless or a lie?

Meaningless
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by mazaje(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Haha......i like that.

Once one is financially independent, there is very lititle that can hold one back.........

Stilll, i hate church music

I still go there to entertain myself, see how hopeless and gullible people are and facinate myself with people's stupidity. . .I TIRE for Nigerian pentacostal churches and the Nigerians that attend them. . .Can't these people see that the pastors are OBVIOUSLY telling LIES?. . .
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
mazaje:

I still go there to entertain myself, see how hopeless and gullible people are and facinate myself with people's stupidity. . .I TIRE for Nigerian pentacostal churches and the Nigerians that attend them. . .Can't these people see that the pastors are OBVIOUSLY telling LIES?. . .

Many are blinded by the pastor’s swagger
Re: Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians...... by alfaman2: 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Meaningless

But it makes perfect sense to my chinese friend.

This is what I mean. To a non-chinese "JeSoul是同性戀" makes no sense. To a non-theist, "Jesus is the son the livng God" makes no sense. It doesn't therefore matter whether they are lies or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Bible Really Against Homosexuality? A Rabbi's Exegesis / Please Can Tattoo Take One To HELL / Inri Christo, 66-year-old Brazilian, Believes He Is A Reincarnation Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.