Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week (1186 Views)

At Least 3 Dead, 10 Infected With Fresh Outbreak Of Lassa Fever Virus In Bauchi / 5 Most important Health Benefits Of MUSHROOMS / Always eat healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by richesng(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Dear Friends,

I want to share this information with you on one of the ways to prolong your years on earth NATURALLY>

25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms 3 or 4 Times a Week - Eating more mushrooms... is good for you.
1. Mushrooms are a good source of nutritional components of food such as protein, carbohydrate, fats, inorganic compounds and essential vitamins.
It is a good source of high quality proteins and minerals. It is an ideal food for vegetarian population.
Mushroom protein contains adequate quantities of most of the essential amino acids compared to those of egg protein, which is supposed to be a standard complete protein.
A few essential amino acids, which are lacking in cereals, are present in high concentrations in mushrooms.

2. Mushrooms are good for people trying to lose weight, this is because they not only contain a small amount of calories, but they are also packed with plenty of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber slows down digestion, so you feel full for a longer period of time.

3. Mushrooms are highly valuable for their anti-pathogenic properties. They are natural sources of antibiotics which help prevent you from food-borne diseases and other infections and inflammations. Having these mushrooms is an easy way to boost your overall immunity.

4. Mushroom consumption inhibits the HIV virus in vitro.

5. Mushrooms is used in the treatment of chronic bronchitis
6. The consumption of mushrooms can also improve your liver and colon functions, reducing your body’s toxicity and your chances for cell mutation and cancers. Reishi in Mushrooms protect the liver from damage by chemical toxins such as carbon tetrachloride

7. Mushrooms enhance longevity, its consumption add years to your life

8. Mushrooms have been scientifically proven to having anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which assist the body in fending off diseases like Polio, Hepatitis B, HIV, Influenza, HSV-1 and HSV-2 as well as the small pox virus.
9. Research had indicated that mushrooms have potential anti-microbial, anti-cancer, anti-hyperglycemic, cardio-protective, and anti-inflammatory activities. The mushroom isolate pleuromutilin was used to create the antibiotic retapamulin.
Conjugated-Linoleic Acid (CLA) in Mushrooms help ward off the growth of breast cancer cells, lowers estrogen in the body, and inhibits an enzyme, aromatase, which otherwise would have helped the body to make estrogen.
10. Mushrooms along with the effect of CLA on breast cancer cells, also improves the overall body’s immune system and may block the onset of tumors. CLA also increases metabolism, fights obesity and prevents fat deposits.

It also fights the hardening of the arteries, prevent food allergies and improve the immune system. In addition to stimulating the immune system, it makes the immune system more effective by providing some of the "essential body friendly sugars.

11. Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins, including riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which help to provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates2. B vitamins also play an important role in the nervous system.

Riboflavin is also known as vitamin B and it plays an important role in metabolism and cell growth. It also helps with producing energy in the body.

12. It is A Great Source of Heart-Healthy Copper- Copper is one of the less talked about minerals that is essential to the body, but that the body can not make on its own. Copper has properties that help protect our cardiovascular system, and just one small serving of mushrooms contains more than 20 percent of the copper we need daily.

This copper also helps your bones stay strong, maintain iron and regulate sugar. If you don’t get enough copper, you may become anemic. Anemic means you lack adequate red blood cells.
13. Osteoporosis is another condition caused by the lack of copper. Osteoporosis causes brittle bones that break easily. It usually happens when you lack calcium in your bones, but copper works to protect bone health as well.

14. Mushrooms contain Niacin. This awesome nutrient increases your good cholesterol levels and lowers your bad cholesterol. It creates energy from carbohydrates and promotes healthy hair, nail and skin. It also reduces high blood pressure, and help to stabilize blood sugar levels.

15. Carbohydrates of mushrooms do not contain starch. Glucose is present in very small quantity and they contain fat in small amounts. Therefore, mushrooms can be recommended as a 'Slimming diet'.

16. Mushrooms are rich in selenium. Its appearance, taste, and aroma, sometimes can stimulate one’s appetite.

17. An Excellent Source of Potassium - Most people think bananas are the high potassium food, but it may surprise you to learn that mushrooms out rank bananas on the potassium chart. Potassium helps the body process sodium and lower blood pressure. So people with hypertension or a high risk of stroke can enjoy tremendous health benefits from a regular dose of mushrooms in their diet

18. Mushroom extract has been linked to some treatments for both migraines and mental disorders.

19. Mushrooms are the only plant food that is a source of natural Vitamin D.

20. Mushrooms can be used as a treatment for colds and flu.

21. Mushrooms are known to help reduce your blood cholesterol, especially the artery clogging low density lipoproteins (LDL). They contain a tremendous amount of B vitamins which promote more efficient energy production, blood oxygenation and prevent the accumulation of blood and body fat.

22. Mushrooms contain eritadenine, a compound that decreases cholesterol levels. It means that if you have an elevated cholesterol level and you want to lower it naturally, you can try eating mushrooms regularly. If your cholesterol level is back to the normal range, you are at a lower risk for atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular problems.

23. Mushrooms prevent thrombosis which is a health condition that produces blood clots in your veins that leads to restricted blood flow.

24. Mushrooms are rich in iron, a mineral which is essential for maintaining good health. Iron improves the circulation of oxygen through your blood. As a result, oxygen and other nutrients are effectively supplied to your muscle cells, brain and other parts of the body.
Iron is also used to treat anemia, so if you are anemic as a result of menstruation or pregnancy, make sure you incorporate plenty of mushrooms into your diet. Iron can also boost your energy level and prevent fatigue.

25. Frequent in take of mushrooms can significantly reduce the occurrence of acne breakouts and skin allergies.
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by dominique(f): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
I don't really like that stuff, has this rubbery tastetongue. I don't know if its sold in its natural form here in Nigeria only the canned ones which I don't particularly care for.
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by richesng(m): 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2013
Yes my brother, you can have it in its natural form and the taste is splendid. Do you know that a lot of people are struggling to have it because of its numerous advantages both nutritionally and its health values? I can't even meet its demand in the market. If you want to live longer and in good health, Mushroom is very very good as you will not spend money again on drugs. A lot of people have given testimonies of their experiences consuming the product. To me, apart from its health benefits to me and my family, it is even a money spinner as I make cool money every day on its sales. Like I mentioned above, the market is wide and needs more suppliers.
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by bolorunfem(f): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
I ate mushroom last when I was a kid, nice stuff, but which local market in Nigeria sells mushrooms? I wouldn't mind introducing it into my family menu if I know where to buy it, natural/fresh I mean undecided
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by dominique(f): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
I also don't mind introducing it into my menu if I can find it in its natural form.
@richesng, its sis wink
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by richesng(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
From what I wrote above, it had shown that I supply the product, just send your phone number or e-mail address and you will get the details
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by mamaoge: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
@Poster, do you still distribute mushrooms?
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by dipsimaris(f): 2:10am On Dec 19, 2013
What of those dat don't ear mushrooms?
Re: 25 Reasons Why You Should Always Eat Mushrooms At Least 3-4 Times A Week by dipsimaris(f): 2:12am On Dec 19, 2013
I mean eat mushroom
cry

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Near Ebola Experience. / Can She Get Pregnant After This....?pls Help... / Photos: Woman Gives Birth On The Road In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.