Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36824 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor Adeboye Of Redeemed Church Justifies Purchase Ofprivate Jet

Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has justified his purchase of a private jet saying it is necessary for his work.

Mr. Adeboye, one of the most respected Christian leaders in Nigeria and the head of the Redeemed Church that has millions of members across 160 countries, stated this in an interview with global news channel, Aljazeera.

The pastor said “there are things you need,” to perform the task he does as the general overseer.

“When you have to oversee churches in 160 countries, you can’t do that on a bicycle,” he said in response to a specific question on whether he needed to have acquired a private jet.

Though considered unique in his simple appearance and un-flamboyant lifestyle, Mr. Adeboye is one of the increasing numbers of Pentecostal pastors that have acquired private jets, leading to condemnations by some Nigerians.

The other private jet acquiring pastors include David Oyedepo, the head of the Living Faith Church Worldwide; and Ayo Oritsejafor, the current President of the Christian Association of Nigeria.

Despite presiding over churches with hundreds of thousands of poor people, they have all argued that they need the private jets for God’s work.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129374-pastor-adeboye-of-redeemed-church-justifies-purchase-of-private-jet.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=pastor-adeboye-of-redeemed-church-justifies-purchase-of-private-jet

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia

145 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
Very soon it is who can teleport like noob sybort that will matter in their circle.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

Give your life, and he shall cause you to mount up on wings like cockroach
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

Going to meet his Oga @ d top...

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by tobechi74: 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
of course, were u xpecting him to condemn it?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dorox(m): 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
musKeeto: Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

This clip never fails to crack me up grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by RedLight1: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2013

lipsrsealed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
Not Surprised!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by otokx(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
@muskeeto

bless you for the laughter that is good for the heart and mind.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by MEILYN(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
hahahahahaha Naija
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Olamyyde(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
yea right, as if he doesnt have the money to video chat with the pastors of d other branches of the church. At least that would save him money. Later when they ask him if he used tithe money to buy the jet, he go say na book money.

Infact, how does this news stop nairaland mods from putting tonto dike threads on the front page

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by gen2briz(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
I believe baba as order another be that..

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by moneyhungry(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
finally, the LAST MAN STANDING is down.
dear Christians, can't y'all see?... IT'S A SCAM!.
RUN!

25 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by GraceBestowed(f): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!

43 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Anyway in life you can always find reasons to justify any action. It makes life very interesting.
For instance you can even justify having 3 or 4 jets in the midst of poverty stricken members some of whom don't even have access to clean water.

The biggest problem with jet acquisition is that by collecting such gifts from politicians, our pastors find it difficult to defend the poor by talking some sense into our politicians. Rather when our politicians visit them, they just shower prayers for them and not say a word about the situation of the poor and jobless youths in the church.
If religious leaders can no longer speak for the poor, then the country is finished
So one can say that some of our pastors have contributed a lot to corruption in Nigeria.
If you must own a jet, why 3 or 4 when members feed on $2 a day. What happened to youth empowerment/job creation for church members.
Last time I checked, thats not Christ-like

45 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Scarpon(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
na who like better thing he has the money so let him spend it
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by donpetros: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
hmmn, well if it helps him to achieve his assignment then no problem.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nwaoguta(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
How many private jets did jesus own during his time? GOD will judge all dis 419 pastors.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by kevoh(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
shocked Wow, that was super fast! Already on front page! Saw this on aljazeera like 30 mins ago before PHCN struck. Decided to check Nairaland to pass time and GBAM same news already on frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nwa oguta: How many private jets did jesus own during his time? GOD will judge all dis 419 pastors.
Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ziccoit: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
Wisdom most of the times don't reside where it should be. Religion leaders my foot.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
I have said several times that saving Nigeria starts from Churches and Mosques. When the Imams and Church leaders start to say and do the right things, then Nigeria will be better for it.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ebamma(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
And Jesus wept

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by troy20(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
Who is d pope when abeboye is the jesus christ of our time just like someone passionately told me

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by eriegua83: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Do we need jet to go to the creeks and villages especially the northern parts of the country to evangelize?how many jets sorry donkey did christ and his apostles have to preach the gospel. Or how many jets did the missionaries buy to bring us xtianity.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by na2day(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2013

Ol boy this your gif na die o! grin grin grin
Na rapture dey happen or what? grin

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by devour129: 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
@ musketoo you are so funny .laughing like a lunatic at the hospital
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nwaoguta(m): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2013

sharap what do you know about the gospel? By the way how old are you?.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by heykims(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
D man really needs dt 4billion naira worth of witchcraft to oversee his ventures around d world..160 countries my foot!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by obagangan: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
if U need someting to do someting, U get it. chikena cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by alaladakosta(f): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2013

I NO FIT SHOUT OOOOOOOOOOOOO.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Offiah Identical Twins To Be Ordained As Catholic Priests Same Day (Photos) / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.