Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? (11345 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / 6 Things You Must Not Do Before You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by oluomad(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
See question! Why shouldn't I??
And this rubbish made FP!! Mtshewwww

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by chygoz3(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
I wouldn't really call what I do sleeping. It's more like going into a low energy state in which I'm not actually awake but will be aware of what is going on around me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by mysticgal(f): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
i use to think i was abnormal,even if the journey is 16hours i wont sleep.why?cos i imagine the bus is gonna pass my bustop.hmm
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by mysticgal(f): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
truthfully de last tym i slept was me going to gawgs,lemme say 5mins to my destination an agboro hit the bus bringing me to full conciousness
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by GboyegaD(m): 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
Yes, I sleep more than Jonah did in his days whenever I am travelling. Wetin concern me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by byns: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Lmao! She must be a deep sleeper, grin .
NAH! SHE MUST BE A LEARNER grin grin
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by lond07: 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
chygoz3: I wouldn't really call what I do sleeping. It's more like going into a low energy state in which I'm not actually awake but will be aware of what is going on around me.

The bolded - Hibernate - No; Sleep - No; Screen Saver - Yes grin grin
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
greatgod2012:

you must be a good observer then.
I have observed that when i travel, i observe everything i see along the journey, i even ask questions from those who sit beside me, i always want to know about every junction, every tree i see.......funny?, yes, i know but its kind of relieveing ones tension.
bros, sorry o, junction de cloud?
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Temismith(f): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sleeping in a bus is stil better naow! I know som1 dat sleeps on a bike(okada)! Lols. Funny dou, but its true gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by nenergy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
Guilty! Especially when heading home after a stressful day. With Lagos traffic,you can spend up to 3 hours on the road. But i make sure i'm sitting at the extreme and all my valuables safely tucked away.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by High247(m): 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
greatgod2012:

lol at stinking saliva.....

So, u mean some people can sleep off in a journey of less than 15 minutes?, if yes, then, e get as e.... be o...........
...not on a saturday morning when u r coming back from a night vigil...no try hardmanism abeg else u go fall comot from door..i tell u
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by sagytariusTM1: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
[b]Heck no! This is one strong factor as to why pple die in road accidents.
Besides praying to God for safe-journeys, we should also play our own role in being safe all through the journey by being on wide alert.

When we are asleep, we become unconcious of our immediate environments and the movements of our bodies are defined by the movement of the vehicle.

And when the mishap occurs, u'll see peoples head-butting dangerous parts of the vehicle. Some are even trown out of the window, and next thing is.... he's dead.

Now, I'm not saying you won't die or sustain injuries if u are awake but while u're u are awake and fully aware of the second-by-second events going on around you, you can easily position yourself for the least impact!

On several occasions when I don't get enough sleep during the night before my travel, I still muscle-out keeping awake all through the journey. It may appear difficult apparently, but I must stay awake!

My 2shillings.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by alextayo(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
YES!!!!! I sleep in public transport and its nothing to be ashamed of. I usually close late from work and wont get home until 10pm - 10:30pm everyday and i must be out of bed by 4am-4:30am to meet up with 5am deadline of leaving for work or else i will be late for. You dont just condemn people for sleeping in public bus without knowing the conditions that makes them to sleep. @Poster: Sleep has nothing to do with fine boy or pretty lady.....my advice... sleep if you can......

5 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by ojofu(m): 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
If u are in lagos, i will not blame u if u sleep in a bus. Imagine someone that closes from work by 5pm, get home by 10pm because of lagos traffic, Let say, slept by 11pm and he is expected to wake up by 4am to start another day. Why will a guy like this not sleep when nature calls is demanding for his birthright. Abi na office una wan make he go sleep?
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by acufes(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sleeping in a commercial vehicle is totally dependent on the individual.
Formerly, I hated it, but on this day, I was in this car and the driver was driving in a manner that made kept my heart in my mouth. So I just thought to myself that since it is no one's wish to wake up and die in an accident that day. Moreover, I can just simply confess my sins and have a blissful sleep. When we get to our destination, I'll thank God and if the guy decides to run into on-coming trailer, I won't know... dassal! cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Judolisco(m): 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Even private i wont slip no matter how far
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by uzoexcel(m): 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
u ddnt mention the start point of ur destination?u going from oweeri or bayelsa to those afore-mentioned places
vivian chinaza: Yes I do sleep in public vehicles but it depends on the distance of the journey. For instance, if I'm going to Phc or Warri, there won't be need for sleep, but if I'm going to Abj or Lag? I'd definitely sleep at some point. I do not snore tho.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
I sleep all d tym in the public bus bt it's only on interstate transport not in town-service bus
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by BBDelta(m): 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
vivian chinaza: Yes I do sleep in public vehicles but it depends on the distance of the journey. For instance, if I'm going to Phc or Warri, there won't be need for sleep, but if I'm going to Abj or Lag? I'd definitely sleep at some point. I do not snore tho.

How do you know that you don't snore Don't tell me nobody complained, remember you are in a public vehicle and in most cases no friends / relations to give you that kind information.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
If the journey is long, then YES!! In bus, plane, ship, car, train...as long as the journey is more than 2 hours, sleeping takes priority.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Morgan1092(m): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
I try my best 2 be awake wen inside vehicle. But at times i slp cos i may nt cntrl it, and dis mostly happen wen am traveln a long distance. And its always as a result of insomnia dat i always hav a 9t b4 my journey.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Blackteeth(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
All of you guys saying you cant sleep in a public vehicle should be gratelful that you slept good the previous night. If you underestimate the power of nature, try not sleeping very well the precious night and let me still hear you say you didnt sleep in a public vehicle in a 20 minutes journey.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Morgan1092(m): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
mysticgal: i use to think i was abnormal,even if the journey is 16hours i wont sleep.why?cos i imagine the bus is gonna pass my bustop.hmm

mysticgal: truthfully de last tym i slept was me going to gawgs,lemme say 5mins to my destination an agboro hit the bus bringing me to full conciousness
Only u? Hmmmm. Whc 1 we go tek na
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by chygoz3(m): 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
lond07:

The bolded - Hibernate - No; Sleep - No; Screen Saver - Yes grin grin
LMAO at Screen saver. I think that best describes the condition.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
all the time
I love sleep
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by apacheguy: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: It's understandable if it's a long distance journey of over 8hrs.
But if it's between a short distance of one state to another which is between 1-2hrs i.e: Plateau to Kaduna State, it's not good.
However, if you wanna sleep, carry dark shaded glasses for your face if you are the shy type & place your head where you ll not likely rest it on the shoulder of the passenger(s) beside you.
------------------------
Last Bullet: Some people can't even hold their sleep for 30minutes when they are in a commercial vehicle. Imagine a short journey in a BRT from Ketu Mile 12 to Ojota in Lagos which is not up to 15minutes if the road is traffic free. You ll see people dozing off like fowls wey get bird flu.
The most annoying are those that ll rest their heads on your shoulder, snore & even drop a litre of stinking saliva on your cloth. Damm it's just so irritating.
Guy u wicked o, wat abt if d pers cant help it nko, dt litre of daliva, na offering, jst manage am,
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by edrys(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
But if it's between a short distance of one state to another which is between 1-2hrs i.e: Plateau to Kaduna State, it's not good.
However, if you wanna sleep, carry dark shaded glasses for your face if you are the shy type & place your head where you ll not likely rest it on the shoulder of the passenger(s) beside you.
------------------------
Last Bullet: Some people can't even hold their sleep for 30minutes when they are in a commercial vehicle. Imagine a short journey in a BRT from Ketu Mile 12 to Ojota in Lagos which is not up to 15minutes if the road is traffic free. You ll see people dozing off like fowls wey get bird flu.
The most annoying are those that ll rest their heads on your shoulder, snore & even drop a litre of stinking saliva on your cloth. Damm it's just so irritating.
No be their fault na Lagos life be dat, imagine going to work as early as 5am, just to beat traffic nd getting home around 11pm @nyt. that's y they sleep at each opportunity.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by edrys(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
------------------------
No be their fault na Lagos life be dat, imagine going to work as early as 5am, just to beat traffic nd getting home around 11pm @nyt. that's y they sleep at each opportunity.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by apacheguy: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Temismith: Sleeping in a bus is stil better naow! I know som1 dat sleeps on a bike(okada)! Lols. Funny dou, but its true gringringringringrin
Una no go scatter pers head wt laughter o, i no fit, babe pls small small
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by BlackPeni5: 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
I hardly sleep in public vehicles. I only sleep when i'm riding an Okada.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by NotNairalandi(m): 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
As I woke up I saw the guy sitted beside me coming down,I hv to jump down immidiately,but as the bus left my eyes come clear...I found out that I drop at Okija while I'm supposed to drop in Onitsha down fly-over...mehn I hv to enter another bus to Onisha...vex no allow me greet my mum because that was my last kobo

3 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by funnyx(m): 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
alextayo: YES!!!!! I sleep in public transport and its nothing to be ashamed of. I usually close late from work and wont get home until 10pm - 10:30pm everyday and i must be out of bed by 4am-4:30am to meet up with 5am deadline of leaving for work or else i will be late for. You dont just condemn people for sleeping in public bus without knowing the conditions that makes them to sleep. @Poster: Sleep has nothing to do with fine boy or pretty lady.....my advice... sleep if you can......

Men! This is one reason why I hate Lagos and can never live there, waking up 4am everyday! that type of lifestyle can shorten one's life but wetin man go do, I respect Lagosians for their energy and hardworking attitude.
@OP
I have never slept in public transport even if I'm travelling from Ibadan to Kano but when I'm travelling by air, especially night flight (long haul) I'll definitely sleep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With Omegatron In Benin / Why Do Africans Call Black Americans And Black Caribbeans Akatas / How Do You Know A Man That Really Loves You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.