Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (346770 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:58am On Sep 23, 2014
Akwa Ibom Ayaya! YAY

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2014
happy birthday to my dear state
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 10:12am On Sep 23, 2014
wish my state the very best on its anniversary
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2014
@ujoime the pictures you sent of the men on bike please where is that and the two lovely building what are they?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Happy birthday Akwa Ibom

4 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Chekitaut: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Good people, Good atmosphere.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
wishing Akwa Ibom A happy birthday: this is what state of the art construction looks like, compare the model in pic 2 and 4 with the actual construction in 1 and 3 you notice the resemblance.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Governor's Office Uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 3:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Uyo Airport Akwa Ibom State.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 3:24am On Sep 24, 2014
smiley

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 3:26am On Sep 24, 2014
cheesy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 3:29am On Sep 24, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2014
@ATOUKE is that u?
will congratulate all akwaibomites here in the state n in diaspora for the successful celebrations of the 27th anniversary of our beloved state.
God bless akwaibom state
GOD BLESS AKWA ABASI IBOM STATE
GOD BLESS IBB
GOD BLESS ATTAH
GOD BLESS AKPABIO though he messed up along d line, playng politics over governance.
n dont despise me if i say God forgive BUHARI, D 1985 coup was what gave birth to the creation of this our state, imagine if Buhari was still in power, i dont think AKWAIBOM STATE would hv even been coined not to talk of setting committees to deliberate n looked into. buhari with this i have more reasons not to vote you.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
@Atuoke seems the tank farm for the airport been constructed by Oando is complete?

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
akpanakwaibom: @Atuoke seems the tank farm for the airport been constructed by Oando is complete?

Sorry i dont know. the tanks dipicted in the picture are water tanks.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2014
@atuoke thanks bros the tanks are huge is this for the whole airport or just for fire fighting people?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2014
@atuoke thanks bros do you have any report on the new terminal building i don't think installations has started already?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2014
please need more and more pics on this thread to make it grow whenever i see the enugu thread am always jealous wish it was this thread.please we need pics not just of the beauty of our state but also of the bad not too good and the worst
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
How comes nobody is talking of the new terminal being constructed anymore? They started long before the ones being built in Enugu, Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt, yet those ones have reached advanced stages!

The last pic of it i saw was from years ago when they were at the foundation level!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
to the best of my knowledge i think the fabricated part would be shiped from outside and once it arrives it would take long for the airport terminal to be ready
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
our own akwa united defeated Giwa fc of jos 2 goals to 0 keep it up boys we are so proud of you
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Akwa united keeps improving in the league ever since they gain promotion .if they keep this spirit in the next 2 to 5 years they would be a force to reckon with in the Nigeria league
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by akpanakwaibom: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
@ujoime and Atuoke please what information do you have on the new international airport terminal?

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
IGBOSON1: How comes nobody is talking of the new terminal being constructed anymore? They started long before the ones being built in Enugu, Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt, yet those ones have reached advanced stages!

The last pic of it i saw was from years ago when they were at the foundation level!

You mean the FG airport terminal projects built by Chinese contractors using Chinese loans? Are you comparing that to a state project? WTF man! when a state govt tackles the kind of cutting edge projects that AKSG is handling then we can talk of comparison. Or are you now comparing a state govt to the FG?

The Akwa Ibom airport terminal is not concrete based structures as the ones the FG are building, The Akwa Ibom terminal is made of steel trusses and glass which are currently being fabricated in Europe.

The concrete foundation has been prepared and is awaiting the arrival of the steel and glass components. once they arrive it will be put together like Lego blocks which is how modern buildings are done this days. The Maintenance repair and overhaul building at the Ibom Airport was built in a similar fashion the steel/ metal components came from china.

Has anyone seen the design of the Chinese built terminals in Abuja, lagos etc yet? or are we busy blindly celebrating terminals that may turn out to be disappointing in design, apperance and appeal when completed? but the design of the ibom airport is there for all to see and like the stadium that doubters swore will not be built, they will be quiet once the fabricated components parts start arriving and assembly begins, If there are adequate funds the Ibom airport terminal will be completed in record time and in style making it the most contemporary and modern aviation compliant terminal in the country just like their stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
all4naija:
You are proud of substandard infrastructure. It is time you demand for something better. Please, don't be a mediocre!
My brother honestly all I see here is celebration of mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice pictures Atouke. please keep them comming

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
First event scheduled for Akwa Ibom Stadium complex "2014 edition of Akwa Ibom Christmas Carol Night (20,000 singers) will be happening live at Ibom International Stadium. 2013 edition of the Carol Night (9,999 singers) held at Uyo township stadium on the 21st December 2013." culled from http://ibomstadium.com/event/

The Event is an Annual Thanksgiving Service organized by the state for which it currently holds the Guinness World record for hosting the biggest carol Singers in one place. the 2014 event is also expected to break a world record.

Before the above event on the 21st of December 2014 there will be an opening soccer match between the Nigerian Super Eagles and a foreign national team the state governor disclosed this information on the 27th anniversary celebration of the state creation recently. As at press time the governor was still making his mind on the choice of Ghana, South Africa or the Cape Verde National team.

The governor has constituted and Advisory team headed by Mr Paul Bassey of CAF, to Advise The state on the choice of a suitable National team for the grand opening of the Stadium.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
concrete work complete on 12 floors of the Four Points By Sheraton Ikot Ekpene

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
ujoinme: First event scheduled for Akwa Ibom Stadium complex "2014 edition of Akwa Ibom Christmas Carol Night (20,000 singers) will be happening live at Ibom International Stadium. 2013 edition of the Carol Night (9,999 singers) held at Uyo township stadium on the 21st December 2013." culled from http://ibomstadium.com/event/

Before the above event on the 21st of December 2014 there will be an opening soccer match between the Nigerian Super Eagles and a foreign national team the state governor disclosed this information on the 27th anniversary celebration of the state creation recently. As at press time the governor was still making his mind on the choice of Ghana, South Africa or the Cape Verde National team.

The governor has constituted and Advisory team headed by Mr Paul Bassey of CAF, to Advise The state on the choice of a suitable National team for the grand opening of the Stadium.

WOW Good news I hope they Get the German National team Since the Stadium Is built by Germans. And Am Surprised at the speed at which the turkish construction Giant is using in building the four points by sheraton at ikot Ekpene. I was at the site recently and i was totally blown away.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Atouke:

WOW Good news I hope they Get the German National team Since the Stadium Is built by Germans. And Am Surprised at the speed at which the turkish construction Giant is using in building the four points by sheraton at ikot Ekpene. I was at the site recently and i was totally blown away.

German National Team? thats a long shot bro. Which country is cape verde? I dont want the super Eagles playing the black stars, The Super Eagles may lose and that will not be a good history/begining for the stadium!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by jazzydee: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
ujoinme:

German National Team? thats a long shot bro. Which country is cape verde? I dont want the super Eagles playing the black stars, The Super Eagles may lose and that will not be a good history/begining for the stadium!

The super eagles should play the Fiji National team or any country we can beat 7-0 for the opening game.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by jazzydee: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
ujoinme: concrete work complete on 12 floors of the Four Points By Sheraton Ikot Ekpene

fantastic Akwa Ibom is doing great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.