Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,668 members, 7,770,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

A Brain Test Question. - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / A Brain Test Question. (22399 Views)

A Brain Teaser! Guess The Names Of The Countries / BRAIN TEST Your Ability To Think Fast / Brain Test: How Brilliant Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Brain Test Question. by Cornel88(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
A quick brain test: A teacher said
to one of his students, 'how I
wish yesterday was tomorrow,
today could have been friday'. On
what day did the teacher make
this statement? Explain.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by harlos: 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2013
I don think soote i dey bang my hand for ground say i never still get am... M coming back to give the answer.....

Wait for me.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by harlos: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
He made the statement on sunday.

2 Likes

Re: A Brain Test Question. by MrOON: 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
The Teacher can make the statement at anyday of the week. No specific day.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by opeano(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
So sure abt dis. Its on a sunday.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by Cornel88(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
opeano: So sure abt dis. Its on a sunday.
can you analyse pls?
Re: A Brain Test Question. by harlos: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
The teacher said he wish yesterday which is saturday should be tomorrow, which means if tomorrow is saturday then today will be friday, and yesterday is saturday then he is saying it on sunday.

Hope u understand it this way cos i'm not good in doing explanation.

1 Like

Re: A Brain Test Question. by Cornel88(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2013
harlos: The teacher said he wish yesterday which is saturday should be tomorrow, which means if tomorrow is saturday then today will be friday, and yesterday is saturday then he is saying it on sunday.

Hope u understand it this way cos i'm not good in doing explanation.
correct bro. Final answer, sunday.

1 Like

Re: A Brain Test Question. by rakel05(f): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
wednesday grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brain Test Question. by harlos: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
rakel05: wednesday grin grin grin
wednesday abi
Oya explain...

1 Like

Re: A Brain Test Question. by rakel05(f): 4:40pm On May 07, 2013
harlos: wednesday abi
Oya explain...
if u r on wednesday then repeat the statement.
how i wish yesterday been tuesday was tomorrow which is on thurday the n the next day which is on friday is today.
are u cleared grin

1 Like

Re: A Brain Test Question. by ARareGem(f): 12:38am On May 09, 2013
^True.

The answer could be Wednessday or Sunday. They're both correct.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by harlos: 4:03pm On May 10, 2013
ARareGem: ^True.

The answer could be Wednessday or Sunday. They're both correct.
Sunday is the correct answer no pkisinpkisingrin

1 Like

Re: A Brain Test Question. by Cornel88(m): 10:57am On May 20, 2013
Just sunday, no wednesday.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by Bamdy4: 7:03pm On May 20, 2013
ts weds
Re: A Brain Test Question. by Ade5(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2013
It's Sunday
Re: A Brain Test Question. by maxit2(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
IT'S DEFINITELY SUNDADAY

Just follow the statement one by one and you will get it.
if yesterday[Y] was tomorrow[T]
Now from the above sentence, the value you get as Yesterday and Tomorrow are the actual values associated with the current time. Cos at the time of making the statement, YESTERDAY and TOMORROW as referenced can only mean the true yesterday and tomorrow.

From the above, only Y & T can be said to be the REAL values. Whereas any other day is considered imagined. The task therefore becomes to find values for Y & T.

In the world of the assumption, If today is really Friday, it means YESTERDAY[y] is Thurdays.
Remember that YESTERDAY[y] can only be true when yesterday[Y] is tomorrow[T].
Therefore, the teacher made the statement on a Wednesday where we actually tomorrow[T] has to be fictitious YESTERDAY[y] to make the fictitious day a friday.

Mind the Capital and small Letter. Yy and Tt.

Capital letter[T,Y] is for the ACTUAL while small letter[y,t] is for the fictitious
Re: A Brain Test Question. by Walexz02(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Cornel88: A quick brain test: A teacher said
to one of his students, 'how I
wish yesterday was tomorrow,
today could have been friday'. On
what day did the teacher make
this statement? Explain.
no specific day coz even the day he made the state was fictitious.
Re: A Brain Test Question. by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 09, 2013
The answer is Wednesday

Explanation: In her proposed assumption she is shifting present time yesterday (Y1) two (2) days into the future, by making her yesterday (Y1) day of the week her tomorrow (t) day of the week. In that her assumed future day of the week, her today (T2) is a friday and therefore her yesterday (Y2) Thursday. Since her assumed yesterday (Y2) is two (days) in the future of her real yesterday (Y1), her real yesterday (Y1) is two (2) days in the past from her assumed yesterday (Y2);

Y1 = Y2 - 2day
Y1 = Thursday - 2days
Y1 = Tuesday

Of course our intention is to discover what day of the week is her real today (T1). Since every today is a day ahead of yesterday (real or assumed), then therefore her real today (T2) is real yesterday (T1) plus one (1) day;

T1 = Y1 + 1day
T1 = Tuesday + 1day
T1 = Wednesday

PROOF: since her real Today (T1) is Wednesday, her real Yesterday (Y1) Tuesday and her real tomorrow (t) Thursday. She now assumes the value of her proposed yesterday (Y2) be the value of her real tomorrow (t), this makes her proposed yesterday (Y2) have the value of Thursday (same as her real tomorrow (t)). Therefore her assumed Today (T2) is a day ahead, which is friday.

NB: I am a software developer, I solve problems for a living.

(1) (Reply)

What Is On The Mind Of Poster Above You? / Second Vowel Letter Game. Volume ll / (Forum Game) Artists Names In Alphabetic Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.