Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

My Fresh Job Part II - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Fresh Job Part II (984 Views)

My Fresh Job Part V / MY Fresh Job Part 4 / My Fresh Job Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:04am On Apr 14, 2013
Please give your comment about this website. I need some creative inputs on how the website can look better.

Link is here

Constructive criticisms are welcome. If you notice any wrong thing, pls suggest ways it can be corrected. (Thats how we know those who are good. cool)
Thank you.

[size=16pt]A[/size]fols[size=16pt]N[/size]etworks

Re: My Fresh Job Part II by ojochidem(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2013
The features under OUR EXPERTISE are not visible enough. You can change the FONT COLOUR from light-blue to WHITE.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:02am On Apr 14, 2013
You tried.
Why not bring the logo up and nav links down?

Your nav links codes look somehow unprofessional.
There is no need putting a <div> and an <ul> inside an <a href>.
Just do like this:

<ul>
<li><a class="...">Home</a></li>
</ul>

Instead of using lots <p> tag to break the address info, why not simply use <br/>?

Your images have no alt descriptions.

The color of 'OUR EXPERTISE' list of links on the homepage is dull. Again you applied transition effect on the a:link, but not also on the a:hover. Apply in both so that the transition will be more smooth.

You should advise them to redesign their logo. Law Firms are known for their classical logos.

Thank u.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by solid3(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2013
The website is not bad, but there is great room for improvement. Here are a few things u can do to make it better:
1. Your text and background should have more contrast, some of the text are lost into d bg.
2. There are empty spaces all around, get good images to fill 'em up.

What I can say for now. Wish you God speed. You are getting better bro.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by greenmouse(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
@graphicplus, Mr reviewer, I can see your comment, lolz
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by sisqology(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
Afols, why are you always re-designing your site? You know what I mean wink
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
sisqology: Afols, why are you always re-designing your site? You know what I mean wink

I am not f4ucking redsigning my website. Click d link on signatur to go to my website and d link above to view/review/criticize my work.

@graphic plus I kno u to b a king pin in criticising website, please let me hav more of it here, I want to improve.

@solid thanks, buh can u suggest anyimage u think wld fit in to d empty spaces?

@greenmouse still waitin for ur review.

Where is my dear yawa-ti-de, Brand-new-moderator, Slyrox for security checks, soloqy, dhtml
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by UncleJJ(m): 4:11am On Apr 15, 2013
What is this site about ?
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2013
UncleJJ: What is this site about ?

Hello cry
Since u seen to be a JJC, d website is a charge and bail Law Firm website.

@graphic plus, what did u say dat made ur post hidden?
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by miracle4(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2013
sisqology: Afols, why are you always re-designing your site? You know what I mean wink
bro are you being harsh , do you mean to say that he is using web template ? all he needed was a review
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

@graphic plus, what did u say dat made ur post hidden?

I said you should first implement the reviews we have earlier suggested before asking for more.
I visited the website this morning and nothing has changed.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by sisqology(m): 8:08am On Apr 15, 2013
Some are still not getting it. What I meant is: the structure of your website, is the same as this and d same as the first you told us to review.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2013
sisqology: Some are still not getting it. What I meant is: the structure of your website, is the same as this and d same as the first you told us to review.

Now I understand u ar very confused, what is same with the following webstes:
www.afolsnetworks.com
www.afolsnetworks.com/greenzone/index.html
www.afolsnetworks.com/24law/index.html
www.valvestockcapital.com
I have other works pending as subdomain on my domain, but wont let them out.
Sisqology, take ur time, I wont take it lightly with u next time.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by mckanute: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
Positve
1) Loads fast, got a GRADE B with YSlow
2) Easy to navigate

Points of improvement:
1) Too blurred, your color choice is deplorable. What's your point of reference; experts have one. See how the nytimes.com, guardian.co.uk, thedailybeast.com use colors and fonts in different ways.
2) Ask yourself; What has the watch got to do?
3) Buy a logo if you can't make one. Very important.
4) Put in only what is necessary, see point 2). The bottom logos might not be necessary if they have no links. Think about it. Also take care of horizontal white lines esp those at the footer. They aren't so necessary.
5)Learn to how Compress components with gzip. Its saves end-user's bandwidth - fastens download of website

1 Like

Re: My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
mckanute: Positve
1) Loads fast, got a GRADE B with YSlow
2) Easy to navigate

Points of improvement:
1) Too blurred, your color choice is deplorable. What's your point of reference; experts have one. See how the nytimes.com, guardian.co.uk, thedailybeast.com use colors and fonts in different ways.
2) Ask yourself; What has the watch got to do?
3) Buy a logo if you can't make one. Very important.
4) Put in only what is necessary, see point 2). The bottom logos might not be necessary if they have no links. Think about it. Also take care of horizontal white lines esp those at the footer. They aren't so necessary.
5)Learn to how Compress components with gzip. Its saves end-user's bandwidth - fastens download of website

If all reveiws are like this, we would be better. Thanks.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by mckanute: 8:58am On Apr 16, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

If all reveiws are like this, we would be better. Thanks.

You're welcome cool
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nice work, bro. It shows that you are really improving. But please work on your own website. It still needs real retouch.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by Napolitano(m): 5:06am On Apr 17, 2013
I like it. It looks great
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
Napolitano: I like it. It looks great
Thanks man. I appreciate.

yorme: Nice work, bro. It shows that you are really improving. But please work on your own website. It still needs real retouch.
I have to keep getting better, no other option. But as for that my website, it would still be that way o for sometimes, cos nna meen, adim too busy kita.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

I have to keep getting better, no other option. But as for that my website, it would still be that way o for sometimes, cos nna meen, adim too busy kita.

....lolz...i understand...same situation over here.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

Lolz...I understand...same situation over here
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by sisqology(m): 12:40am On May 09, 2013
yorme: Nice work, bro. It shows that you are really improving. But please work on your own website. It still needs real retouch.
Re: My Fresh Job Part II by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2013
sisqology:
yorme:
Nice work, bro. It shows that you are really
improving. But please work on your own website. It still
needs real retouch.

ehn, u hav come again abi. Why cant u just like d post and go? If I gbab u ehn. . . grin

(1) (Reply)

Chitika Users,please I Need Your Help! / Top 10 Most Pointless Websites In The World / Link Building: 7 Things That Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.