Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo (2812 Views)

Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning / 2015 Prophetic Declaration - Of Oyedepo, Adeboye,w.f. Kumuyi & Oyakhilomhe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by DrummaBoy(m): 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
OP
Pastor Kun has given the answer you seek. Its idol worship. Period!
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 2:03am On Apr 17, 2013
Haven't you heard of God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob Before...God showed the children of Israel mercy because of the promise he made to Abraham...And according to winners mandate given to Bishop Oyedepo by God "AND NOW THE HOUR HAS COME TO LIBERATE THE WORLD FROM ALL OPPRESSIONS OF THE DEVIL THROUGH THE PREACHING OF THE WORD OF FAITH AND AM SENDING YOU TO UNDERTAKE THIS TASK"....This is an assignment and promise f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ those who understand...so far God can tell Moses to tell the Israelis that God of their father..God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob Sent him to them then I don't see any reason why its wrong to pray with his name to God whereas winners pray with even pastor Adeboye's name...I got the potency of using those names when I was seeking admission without knowing anyone at the school...prayed with his name also and I worked up to my school registra who never paid my parents attention a month before then and told them admission had closed f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ the year collected my documents and God did it true him nw I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ less than 3 months am gonna be I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 300 level at uniosun...I know someone will ask if I was there when God gave the mandate all I know is God has said It and I believe it and that settles it...TANX
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 17, 2013
doubleportion:
because oyedepo is a prophet of God, & when you blieve d prophet of God you will prospèr. am only typing tbis for the understanding of those that need it cos i know that many of you are atheist!

A pastor or a prophet?
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by shdemidemi(m): 8:22am On Apr 17, 2013
See how myopic our people are.
Will they still pray to God of oyedepo if thesame man don't have a car or a house.
Will they still be crying to the God of oyedepo if the man is blind or sick
Our people measure Gods blessings by car, house, private jets and other worldly things they see.
The number of cars or houses determine the level of your faith in their church. If you have not received then your faith is probably not passing God's credit check.

Oyedepo is not preaching the same gospel founded by Christ.

If you really want these things, try get a good job and work hard just as Apostle Paul told the church.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 9:23am On Apr 17, 2013
shdemidemi: See how myopic our people are.
Will they still pray to God of oyedepo if thesame man don't have a car or a house.
Will they still be crying to the God of oyedepo if the man is blind or sick
Our people measure Gods blessings by car, house, private jets and other worldly things they see.
The number of cars or houses determine the level of your faith in their church. If you have not received then your faith is probably not passing God's credit check.

Oyedepo is not preaching the same gospel founded by Christ.

If you really want these things, try get a good job and work hard just as Apostle Paul told the church.

Remember its only the blessing of God that maketh rich and added no sorrow...not by power nor by might but by the spirit of the Lord and by strength alone shall no man prevail...farmers only makes effort God yield crops...so your prosperity does not depend on how hard you've laboured but how sufficient is God's blessing and grace on your life and the works of your hands...If God does not built the house, the labourers are just labouring I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ vain...may we not labour I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ vain all.
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 9:24am On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by shdemidemi(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2013
mayorall:

Remember its only the blessing of God that maketh rich and added no sorrow...not by power nor by might but by the spirit of the Lord and by strength alone shall no man prevail...farmers only makes effort God yield crops...so your prosperity does not depend on how hard you've laboured but how sufficient is God's blessing and grace on your life and the works of your hands...If God does not built the house, the labourers are just labouring I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ vain...may we not labour I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ vain all.

Fantastic verses, good to read.
But How does these verses apply to me as a Christian.

1 tim 6 v9

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

This is what the bible told Christians about riches.

Being overtly rich that the prosperity ministries preach is out of covetousness and greed. It is a deviation from the good news of Christ.
Closer to Judaism but far from Christianity cos they hardly draw quotes from parts of the Bible directed to Christians, when they do they take quotes out of their original context to
Validate their selfish gospel.
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

It's not the same thing,catholics use Mary as an intermediary ,they ask her to intervene for them whereas the other ones pray directly to God but using God‘s blessings in Oyedepo or any other successful person as exemple only! !!maybe Oyedepo followers should explain this better ,I tried lol .

Mary can intervene for no one !!!

oh, I got you wrong then, so you are an Oyedepo 'worshiper' ?

grin
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2013
teniyi: This is the fundamental mistake that is being made by about 80% of the world christian population. Instead of asking from God, they ask from Jesus and instead of worshipping God, they worship Jesus in derogatory of God.
The same still applies here.

I have to wholeheartedly agree !

SATAN has really conned the religious world and removed all emphasis from GOD the Father who really is the provider of ALL that there is, all that we have , he actually provided the sacrificial lamb which is Jesus Christ for our salvation, yet hardly any worship goes to GOD , it goes either to Mary, Jesus ( who is worthy ) and the the Holy Spirit.

But what about Yahweh, the one and true GOD.

We have truly derailed 'a million miles' away from the TRUTH.
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2013
frosbel:

Mary can intervene for no one !!!

I know that,
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

1 tim 6 v9

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Being overtly rich that the prosperity ministries preach is out of covetousness and greed. It is a deviation from the good news of Christ.
Closer to Judaism but far from Christianity cos they hardly draw quotes from parts of the Bible directed to Christians, when they do they take quotes out of their original context to

Argument closed...I can see you don't really know much about the people we are talking about here...Takia
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

I know that,

grin
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by shdemidemi(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
mayorall:

Argument closed...I can see you don't really know much about the people we are talking about here...Takia

Enlighten me about the people you are talking about then..I could be mistaken
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by PastorKun(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Enlighten me about the people you are talking about then..I could be mistaken
mayorall:

He can't enlighten you as he has his false teachings have been exposed with biblical truth hence he is closing the argument and scampering
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Kun:

He can't enlighten you as he has his false teachings have been exposed with biblical truth hence he is closing the argument and scampering

Jealousy Ŋ go kill una sha...
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by shdemidemi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
mayorall:

Jealousy Ŋ go kill una sha...

Jealousy of what? Explain what people i didn't understand in your earlier post.
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by christemmbassey(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
mayorall: Haven't you heard of God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob Before...God showed the children of Israel mercy because of the promise he made to Abraham...And according to winners mandate given to Bishop Oyedepo by God "AND NOW THE HOUR HAS COME TO LIBERATE THE WORLD FROM ALL OPPRESSIONS OF THE DEVIL THROUGH THE PREACHING OF THE WORD OF FAITH AND AM SENDING YOU TO UNDERTAKE THIS TASK"....This is an assignment and promise f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ those who understand...so far God can tell Moses to tell the Israelis that God of their father..God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob Sent him to them then I don't see any reason why its wrong to pray with his name to God whereas winners pray with even pastor Adeboye's name...I got the potency of using those names when I was seeking admission without knowing anyone at the school...prayed with his name also and I worked up to my school registra who never paid my parents attention a month before then and told them admission had closed f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ the year collected my documents and God did it true him nw I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ less than 3 months am gonna be I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 300 level at uniosun...I know someone will ask if I was there when God gave the mandate all I know is God has said It and I believe it and that settles it...TANX
i never heard anytqing MORE FOOLISH than this!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by obyrich(m): 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
mayorall: Haven't you heard of God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob Before...God showed the children of Israel mercy because of the promise he made to Abraham...And according to winners mandate given to Bishop Oyedepo by God "AND NOW THE HOUR HAS COME TO LIBERATE THE WORLD FROM ALL OPPRESSIONS OF THE DEVIL THROUGH THE PREACHING OF THE WORD OF FAITH AND AM SENDING YOU TO UNDERTAKE THIS TASK"....This is an assignment and promise f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ those who understand...so far God can tell Moses to tell the Israelis that God of their father..God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob Sent him to them then I don't see any reason why its wrong to pray with his name to God whereas winners pray with even pastor Adeboye's name...I got the potency of using those names when I was seeking admission without knowing anyone at the school...prayed with his name also and I worked up to my school registra who never paid my parents attention a month before then and told them admission had closed f̤̣̈̇я̲̅ the year collected my documents and God did it true him nw I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ less than 3 months am gonna be I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 300 level at uniosun...I know someone will ask if I was there when God gave the mandate all I know is God has said It and I believe it and that settles it...TANX
When you graduate pray in the name of GOd of Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg and our own darling Dangote. These men are by far richer and more respected worldwide than Oyedepo!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Jerrygotswagg(m): 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Am still waiting for mod to take dis to FP cos I dnt understand a single ans here ooo
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
frosbel:

grin

No I don't know him ,I am a. God worshiper
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by wazobiaforu(m): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
God of Dangote = for bussiness minded NL

God of Messi = for footballers

God of GEJ = for who want to be a committee

God of Seun Osewa = for those who want to have internet forum

God of Obasanjo = for those who want to become president after prison

God of Wazobia = for those who dont want to discriminate

If its has to be base on archievement then just look arround on who has archived that particular post you are aiming at .....mtcheeeeeew

* That is How they prayed when Jesu Oyingbo was alive ( God of Jesu Oyingbo) after he died then they make a song : mi o mo jesu oyingbo, Jesu ti mo mo, apata ayeraye

* God of lion of Judah, when he died then people said he was not a good xtian

* you cant be so sure of someone position with God because he has wealth, there are some small unknown pastors that maybe more Godly than him

PRAY TO GOD DIRECTLY

At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father DIRECTLY, and he will grant your request because you use my name.(John 16:23-27)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by brilapluz(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
wazobia_for_u: God of Dangote = for bussiness minded NL

If its has to be base on archievement then just look arround on who has archived that particular post you are aiming at .....mtcheeeeeew

* That is How they prayed when Jesu Oyingbo was alive ( God of Jesu Oyingbo) after he died then they make a song : mi o mo jesu oyingbo, Jesu ti mo mo, apata ayeraye

* you cant be so sure of someone position with God because he has wealth, there are some small unknown pastors that maybe more Godly than him

PRAY TO GOD DIRECTLY

At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father DIRECTLY, and he will grant your request because you use my name.(John 16:23-27)
hahahahahahahahaha..guy U wan kil person abi?*falls down 4rm bed*
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by obyrich(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2013

PRAY TO GOD DIRECTLY

Remember when Benson Idahosa was reigning? It was god of Papa Idahosa then. I'm sure that god is no longer consulted anymore by members of his church. Gullible hypocrites.
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by christemmbassey(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2013

PRAY TO GOD DIRECTLY

what about god of Cecilia=for bank thieves, god of Ibori=? god of Alama=? god of bamangar tukur's son + other oil subsidy thives, god of John yakubu + other pension fund scammers +ritualists for those who succeed tro blood money. NIGERIA! Good ppl! Great nation!
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Degis(m): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
You children of perdition, on whose neck the stone of destruction have been placed without any pity, why don't you repent and seek knowledge instead of mocking spiritual principles. Winners or pentecoastals don't pray in the name of any mortal man but in the name of Jesus. The appellation, the God of Oyedepo, God of Adeboye etc are meant to validate the Sporitual Concept of Fatherhood in the School of Prophets.

The Bible is littered with such appellations such as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Elijah and Elisah, the God that Paul served etc. these Men are Prophets and as such we being their Sons in the School of Prophets will refer to them as such
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by christemmbassey(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
Degis: You children of perdition, on whose neck the stone of destruction have been placed without any pity, why don't you repent and seek knowledge instead of mocking spiritual principles. Winners or pentecoastals don't pray in the name of any mortal man but in the name of Jesus. The appellation, the God of Oyedepo, God of Adeboye etc are meant to validate the Sporitual Concept of Fatherhood in the School of Prophets.

The Bible is littered with such appellations such as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Elijah and Elisah, the God that Paul served etc. these Men are Prophets and as such we being their Sons in the School of Prophets will refer to them as such
2nd time am reading a very sterile post, are u a christian?
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by christemmbassey(m): 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Degis: You children of perdition, on whose neck the stone of destruction have been placed without any pity, why don't you repent and seek knowledge instead of mocking spiritual principles. Winners or pentecoastals don't pray in the name of any mortal man but in the name of Jesus. The appellation, the God of Oyedepo, God of Adeboye etc are meant to validate the Sporitual Concept of Fatherhood in the School of Prophets.

Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Jerrygotswagg(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
Winners ooo, I cough
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by CandidSeeker(m): 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

1 tim 6 v9

You should study your Bible well to understand that Apostle Paul gave advice to two categories of xtians in that same chapter. You are the one that will choose where you wish to operate from (Poverty or Abundance).

1 Tim.6:17-19
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Note: I'm not in support that ppl pray to the god of any pastor.
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by iamswizz(m): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2013

1. (if you are born again)You think Abraham or David or Oyedepo is greater than you?

2. You think it is because u prayed with his Name that you got the admission?

3. You think its by ur works?
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by Jerrygotswagg(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Seun this should hit front page, i have been waiting for an answer for months now
Re: Why Do Winners Members Always Pray To God Of Oyedepo by lonelydora: 11:18am On Oct 19, 2014
And they accuse Catholics of praying through Virgin Mary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer / N50,000 Per Couple For Marriage Course: Daddy Freeze Reacts To RCCG Poster / Chai !!! See What Aboki Did To This Woman On New Year Day.see Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.