Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:34 PM

Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) (52941 Views)

Business Idea For Seun: Start A Newspaper Publication (Nairaland Daily) / Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? / Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Fhemmmy: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
gentle2all: Firstly, glory be to God Almighty for the great ideas He has blessed man with.
I have a dream that very soon Nigeria will be transformed, I have a dream that the ideas to transform Nigeria is here with us, I have a dream that the youth have the capacity to transform Nigeria. I believe in the youth of this nation, from the speech of the CBN governor on youth and transformation, the governor revealed that the transformation of Nigeria is in the hands of the youth that God gave this great nation, this is attainable and reachable through crowd funding.

The youth can create more entrepreneurs leading to more companies and more employment. Have you ever imagine if 1,000,000 youth out of over 65,000,000 put resources together and form mega industries that will give birth to other companies? For the short time I have been on Nairaland I have come across a lot of God-given wonderful ideas from Nigerian youth but one major factor is lacking which is trust, there is a saying that the people you do not trust cannot trust you.

If we believe in God and trust ourselves the youth can achieve a lot with their resources. If 1,000,000 trustworthy and sincere youth invest just N100 only through crowd funding, believe me in short time we will have industries in Nigeria to employ youth, we have the population to make these industries grow, entertainment industry will experience biggest boom. I love virgin ideas when he mentioned WiFi in Universities, if we have this uncommon investment of N100 put together by 1,000,000 youth, we will install WiFi hotspot in all the federal polytechnics and universities manage by youth. N100 is a very small amount even if you decide to put into fixed account for 5 years @20% interest which you and I know that no bank in Nigeria will give such interest even if you are ready to fixed 10,000,000 for 5 years. Please the gurus in the house help me compute N100 fixed for 5 years at 20% my result is N248.832k. Imagine what you and I will reap as profit from 1 billion naira investment for 5 years if the fund is well managed, believe me it is a transformation for life, every Nigeria bank will be lobbying for the fund to be deposited in their bank.

From history, I read that people of the world decided to build a tower(Babel) from earth to heaven, they came together and agreed, they had one mind, one purpose one vision and one mission to build to heaven, they started and continue to build and it got to certain stage the God Almighty discovered that the people are determined and achieving the aim so he used His supremacy to disorganize them, that is power of crowd with uniformity and vision.

N100 cannot yield much for you in 5 years but can bring forever profit if put together by 1,000,000 people in less than one year. Let us build a mega investment that will last for long term that our children children will benefit from. Please look into the future of this crowd funding, what do you see? I see mega industries like Telecommunication, I see Refineries,I see Cement factories, I see sugar factories etc for Nigerians, I see the biggest investments in Africa, I see investment and financial liberation revolution that will catapult youth, young entrepreneurs and Nigerians from mediocrity into unending life of surplus and overflow success that Nigeria and Nigerians can never recover from if trust, sincerity are embraced while corruption and capitalism are discouraged among youth and young entrepreneurs.

Excellent post and a good way to motivate our people . . . Now let us come back to reality, forget about Nigeria being what it is, it will be almost impossible to get 1,000,000 youths with like mind and honest head to come together and make this happen.

I will suggest something that could be done with lesser investment money with still a good ROI that needs like 100K each and bring together like hundreds of people that could make it happen.

Dont get me wrong, i wish more people could see the life in your post cos i could read beyond what you are yet to say, but "some" would rather use their 100 Naira to eat point and kill, cos many blvs in "you only live once"

Come up with something cheaper and lesser people and it will be:
1. Easy to manage
2. Cheaper to do
3. Quicker to achieve.
But i so much duff my hat to you

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by gentle2all: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
There is nothing new under the sky that is impossible or not achievable, with man it seems impossible but with God all things are possible. A man failed 1,000 times to make bulb give light, he did not stop until he achieved it, some people argued that iron could not fly, irons are flying all over the world now from one location to another, today it had become history,the dream is achievable with God and your campaigns, we need to let people understand and believe that the business or investment is for them and their children children, awareness and campaign are what we need, we can as well make the small group a reality while planning for the biggest one.

We can realize 10,000,0000 investor out of the 65,000,000 youth through awareness and campaign although it will cost money. 10,000,000 should be our minimum target out of 65,000,000 youth or 165,000,000 Nigerians, my fellow citizens we can achieve it with prayers, adverts, campaigns and awareness in churches, mosques and many other places.It is not mine or yours business, it is our business, it is our investment. The dream is to create a mega investment for Nigerians alive and yet unborn. Our first mega investment is Telecommunication industry, everybody will buy into it, if 10,000,000 investors will keep subscribing into their own business, I know they will not allow their investment to die, jobs will also be created for the youth, believe me there is still room for us in telecommunication industry, telecommunication will give birth to funds for other investments, let people know that this is their business, some citizens have started campaigning to the families and friends, likewise myself.

This is the campaign strategy:

Ask your family members or friends where can you invest or they can invest N100 for 5 years with interest, they may shout N100!! or where can they fixed N100 for 5 years, the answer is that it is not possible, you then tell them it is possible, they will be eager to know, you then suggest and explain this project to them, to invest N100 for 5 years for themselves and their family which they will enjoy for life. Thank God for technology, A friend of mine said he is ready to invest N100 for each member his family when I discussed with him, I told him it is our business, I am going to do like wise, can you imagine that is to say we may experience more than 10,000,000 investor because a family may be investing for 2 to 10 children, and this will be recorded as investors because they are part of the population.

If iron could fly and bulb could give light after 1,000 experiments then with God and you fellow citizens this dream is achievable. Let us dream BIG.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by samseen02(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Get business ideas in Nigeria that you can start with little capital. just follow this link... http://wealthmeans..com
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
First we need a platform that youThs will trust. The platform could be in form of a mobile apps with a website to update donations and members. Then we need a facebook page to connect and iNform people about this projectp, we would probably need a bank account that is not accessible to any individual of the group., finally we need an administrator.

With all this, we are ready to go.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Emmelix(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
mrnestyy1985: First we need a platform that youThs will trust. The platform could be in form of a mobile apps with a website to update donations and members. Then we need a facebook page to connect and iNform people about this projectp, we would probably need a bank account that is not accessible to any individual of the group., finally we need an administrator.

Your right the word TRUST is key in persuasion,influencing and selling.

But the question is since you started these trend how many have gone back to think and do something for themselves? Am not much of a crusuader.

Reading through the thread I see some asking for investors when they have not even put anything on ground.the excuse they give themselves is how can you start a business or company without money whereas money is Just one of the numerous things you need to start.

Mr Ernest Felix thank you so much for trying to spark that hidden light in Nigerian youth.
Also great job with your forum.tried signing up thou but couldn't.

Felix there is something I need us to work on send an email to me Onyeahara@gmail.com and I will brief you;its something am sure you will take pride in when we solve or offer solution to the problem.I mean a true entrepreneur will.

Ps..I followed you on twitter looking forward to you following me @emmelix
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by gentle2all: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2013
mrnestyy1985: First we need a platform that youThs will trust. The platform could be in form of a mobile apps with a website to update donations and members. Then we need a facebook page to connect and iNform people about this projectp, we would probably need a bank account that is not accessible to any individual of the group., finally we need an administrator.

Thank you for your contributions, in addition, the floor is open to web designers to give us a demos of website that can handle this project taking into consideration that this is a large database project. I will also like to inform youth that the name of the company should be suggested after which board of Directors will be chosen for registration of company name with CAC before opening of account. While that is going on we need to make a choose a bank to handle the deposit.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by ymkz: 3:31am On Aug 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Excellent post and a good way to motivate our people . . . Now let us come back to reality, forget about Nigeria being what it is, it will be almost impossible to get 1,000,000 youths with like mind and honest head to come together and make this happen.

I will suggest something that could be done with lesser investment money with still a good ROI that needs like 100K each and bring together like hundreds of people that could make it happen.

Dont get me wrong, i wish more people could see the life in your post cos i could read beyond what you are yet to say, but "some" would rather use their 100 Naira to eat point and kill, cos many blvs in "you only live once"

1. Easy to manage
2. Cheaper to do
3. Quicker to achieve.
gentle2all:

Thank you for your contributions, in addition, the floor is open to web designers to give us a demos of website that can handle this project taking into consideration that this is a large database project. I will also like to inform youth that the name of the company should be suggested after which board of Directors will be chosen for registration of company name with CAC before opening of account. While that is going on we need to make a choose a bank to handle the deposit.

if i may, kindly permit me. i think you are putting the cart before the horse.

whats the point of setting up a body when you havent chosen a project? or have you chosen #3 already?

being a firm believer in bootstrapping, i believe Phemmy's approach is more realistic.

groups of 5 to 10 people working on projects of N100k or less, then growing on to bigger projects.

based on my views on the 10+ ideas the OP dropped, i think it might be easier to start with say 12 & 13, then proceed on to any of 10, 7 & 3 before ending with any of 3,6 & 8. (Based on capital required and whether they are online or offline ventures).

13 ONLINE ECOMMERCE STORE (short term, good revenue potential)
12 Church E-business Idea - Blogging About Nigerian Churches (short term, good revenue potential)
10 Movie/Music video Rental Site (short term, bookswap might be better)
8. Clothing Fashion Brand (short term, offline, lots of hardwork involved)
7. Social Network platform for NYSC members (short term, low revenue potential)
6. Internet Service Provider idea (short term - offline, capital intensive)
3. Social Investment website for Nigerians (short term - regulatory and structural issues)

11 How you can be an inventor of a local Nigerian beer (medium term, offline, regulatory issues)
5. Jamb Past question and Answer Website (medium term - already exists)
2. Nigerian Escrow website (medium term - already exists)

9. Nigerian Government Eform website (long term - regulatory bottlenecks)
4. Thesis Database for Nigerian University Thesis (long term - will require too much data)
1. University graduate database (long term - will require too much data to gain traction)

The major hindrance with these kinds of collaboration will be the auditing and accounting aspects.

Luckily, theres an existing payment processor that has escrow services (if required) and can also help with accounting.

I believe if the small projects like 12 & 13 (which might require less than N150k) are successfully handled, it will be easier to move on/roll over/expand to the bigger ones. if they fail, the losses involved should be minimal for the 10 - 20 lionhearts who will have signed up to share the risk.

bye for now.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by bobojoshua(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2013
mrnestyy1985: Why a Nigerian should not venture into domain flipping e-business.

On this topic,i am going to elaborate on why the domain flipping business is not suitable for Nigerians and give better ways to profit from domain ebusiness.

I used to be a domainer(buying and selling domain) some years ago until i stopped after i discovered the truth about domain flipping.i made some money from domain flipping because i understood the business of flipping domain.i was in the market even before the flipper.com website was built.i used websitebroker.com,Godaddy.com and sedo.com.

I bought domain,integrate the popular google blogger to it and share it to generate traffic as the more traffic you generate increases the value of your domain during sell.i ensure my domain name is short,easy to remember and its always a dot come domain because i am sure i will sell it sooner or or later. The most priced domain i sold then was worth 1300 dollars and it only cost me 12 euros to hold the domain for 2 yrs.i have sold other domains ranging from 300 dollars to 800 dollars which was over a thousand percent profit.THis is how i found my domain then.i simple as GOOGLE my best friend by typing in the word into google search and google returns a result showing me the amount of times the search term appear on its search engine.then i make my choice.sometimes i am lucky to find a short word,phrase of 6 letter domain name. I current have some existing domain like www.estatescanner.com,www.brokersprice.com and a few more which i have held for more than 3 yrs now and will keep them for more years bcus i believe in this names.

I know some basic html coding which i learnt from my best friend google.i which i can learn some programming then it would be much better but their are just people who are gifted programmers.

Why i stopped selling/flipping domain

1. There are currently No unique domain available for register.the only way to buy a unique domain is to buy an existing name and most people with existing domain name have priced it so high that we with little capital can never afford it.
2. I realised that the europeans and americans are so brilliant that they have created a software apps that can scan all dictionary and rank unique words or phrase that could be a hit in domaining.

Why i will not buy a dot Ng domain

Nigeria,most of us are aware of the current Nigerian shakie existence.alot of political instability and many people are agitating for a broken Nigerian.because im a problem finding,i always expect the worst to happen in every situation.
In my opinion,buying a Nigerian dot NG domain is like buying a land with no documentation.why? What if tomorrow there happens to be war in Nigeria and at the end of the war,Nigeria seize to rename.the yorubas will have a name probably oduduwa republic,igbos-biafra and hausas with the own name as well as the niger delta.it means your investment are gone.ie the dot Ng domain will face extinction.i might be wrong in my opinion but i welcome any opposition to my opinion.a business idealist do not say GOD forbid rather the avoid the worst.

How can one still profit from domain flipping

Yes, you can still profit from domain flipping /domain selling if you understand and avoid the donts.here are some of my donts in domaining
1. Never expect to find a unique name worth 10 dollars or less.i did advice you if you want to start flipping domain.u should be prepared to buy an existing domain for more than 400-100000 dollars
2. Dont expect to make money by reselling your domain instantly after purchase.i did advice to keep it for a few years. A domainer must be very patient.its like buying a land and selling it after some years.
3.try to get traffic to your domain.there are a couple of free open source scripts available online.Im sure most Nigerians are not aware of this site http://sourceforge.net/ where you can see free open source ecommerce script to create your own ecommerce site like konga and the rest.All you need is a domain name and a hosting accout.then you upload the script and your online store is set for operation.You dont need to spend any or so much money creating an eCommerce site.
4.you can try to use some yoruba,igbo,hausa unique short words if you want an african domain.this is because,if in future Nigeria sieze to exist.peoples dialect will be very valuable on online search engine.An investor always think about the future.

In my coming threads,i will share my opinion on buying/investing in properties in Nigeria or in regions that are not your ethnic origin.

Feel feel to discuss this my opinion on domain flipping and i will appreciate any logical critics.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Fhemmmy: 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
ymkz:

if i may, kindly permit me. i think you are putting the cart before the horse.

whats the point of setting up a body when you havent chosen a project? or have you chosen #3 already?

being a firm believer in bootstrapping, i believe Phemmy's approach is more realistic.

groups of 5 to 10 people working on projects of N100k or less, then growing on to bigger projects.

based on my views on the 10+ ideas the OP dropped, i think it might be easier to start with say 12 & 13, then proceed on to any of 10, 7 & 3 before ending with any of 3,6 & 8. (Based on capital required and whether they are online or offline ventures).

13 ONLINE ECOMMERCE STORE (short term, good revenue potential)
12 Church E-business Idea - Blogging About Nigerian Churches (short term, good revenue potential)
10 Movie/Music video Rental Site (short term, bookswap might be better)
8. Clothing Fashion Brand (short term, offline, lots of hardwork involved)
7. Social Network platform for NYSC members (short term, low revenue potential)
6. Internet Service Provider idea (short term - offline, capital intensive)
3. Social Investment website for Nigerians (short term - regulatory and structural issues)

11 How you can be an inventor of a local Nigerian beer (medium term, offline, regulatory issues)
5. Jamb Past question and Answer Website (medium term - already exists)
2. Nigerian Escrow website (medium term - already exists)

9. Nigerian Government Eform website (long term - regulatory bottlenecks)
4. Thesis Database for Nigerian University Thesis (long term - will require too much data)
1. University graduate database (long term - will require too much data to gain traction)

The major hindrance with these kinds of collaboration will be the auditing and accounting aspects.

Luckily, theres an existing payment processor that has escrow services (if required) and can also help with accounting.

I believe if the small projects like 12 & 13 (which might require less than N150k) are successfully handled, it will be easier to move on/roll over/expand to the bigger ones. if they fail, the losses involved should be minimal for the 10 - 20 lionhearts who will have signed up to share the risk.

bye for now.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by bobojoshua(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
mrnestyy1985: 13. OPEN/CREATE AN ONLINE ECOMMERCE STORE WITH LESS THAN #5000 naira &TIME

Hi guys,Finally i have been able to answer all your queries and feedbacks.thanks for the compliment and i will like to continue with creating an ecommerce site tips as promised.

I will sound like a Nigerian teacher during this process so pardon me if you feel insulted.The truth is that in order to start a successful ecommerce store,you have to spend your time in dedication.Remember your ecommerse site is your baby.

I will try to explain some basics laws you must note.These are the tools you need to create an ecommerce store.

1.domain name
2.Ecommerce Open Script
3.Hosting Account
4.File Ziller

Step 1:
Too bad the two things you have to pay for is a hosting account and a domain name.depending on the registerer you wish to use.a domain name could cost about 9dollars and a hosting account for 1 year might cost up to 18dollars.if you are lucky,you could get better offers during discount period with free hosting.Thats why you will need the 5,000 naira.I use godaddy for my domains because they give me more flexibility and better offer.feel free to check out this registeres
godaddy.com
ipage.com
justhost.com

there are other naija registerers so feel free to explore those with genuine best offer.The reason why i advice to get a hosting account for atleast 1 year is because,it takes time to have your ecommerce store running effectively depending on your marketing approach.

Step Two:
You will need an ecommerce Open source script. An open source scripts are scripts that are as a result of public contribution so they are offered free for people to use.they have been programmed to make it very easy for a novice to install on his hosting account anf get his site running in minutes without the need for programmers or experts. in a simple term, Open source ecommerce script are free.it can be customised to suit your taste and you can recreate it.
There are couple of Open Source Ecommerce script available for download.these are a few..

http://www.prestashop.com/
http://www.opencart.com/
http://www.zen-cart.com/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/

feel free to explore them,view their template and make your choice.After you make your choice,you will need to download this script to your desktop or laptop.

Step 3:

At this state,we have out domain name,our hosting account and our ecommerce script.The next step is to use a file uploader for which i have already stated on the list.File Ziller is an Open source free File uploader that enables you to easily upload your ecommerce script to your webhosting account with ease.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

download the file ziller software from the link above to your desktop/laptop,extract and install it to your computer.After the install,you will need to log in to your webhost account to get some basic details which you need to login into the file ziller to enable you securely upload your ecommerce script to your webhost account.

depending on your domain registerer,you have to click on your account after you login to your domain account and you must look for the botton "hosting" for me with godaddy it is web hosting.click on it and creat a hosting account.the system will explain systematically how you can do that.what you need from the end result is your
Host eg. www.yourdomainname.com
host username: xxxxx
password:xxxx

when you get it.the next step is to open the file ziller software.on the left top click file-click site manager and then click New site fill in the neccessary information using the details you extracted.on the logon type select Normal and then click connect

The program should load and then you will be connecting to your hosting account.

Now the next step is to locate your desktop which you will find on the left side of the software.locate where you saved your script and then click on it,highlight all the file in the script by click CTRL A to highlight and clicking right tab to open a tab-then upload. the files shouls automatically start uploading to the right side of the program which is your hosting account folder.When finished,depending on the ecommerce script you downloaded,you will then need to go to your site as in www.yoursite.com and you will be automatically directed through the installation process.

You will need to create a database account through your hosting account.
This are the info you need from your database account
Database:
username:
Password:
Hostname:

Final stage before your site is ready for you to start customizing it with your logo,text and uploading products through your admin page.

you need to create a username and passpord for your admin.this enables you to enter yoursite and edith or upload any content with ease.i did advice to browse a demo of the script to see how easy it can be to install an install an ecommerce store.

[b]Note:[/b]Owning/creating an ecommerce store is easy but maintaining it could be difficult and takes time.but i will shared an easy taught out strategy to fully market your ecommerce and start getting targeted visitors to your shop instant.

Also not that because of the e-payment system in Nigeria,you will have to use the payment on delivery method or the bank transfer method.if your target customers live abroad,you might consider using paypal and moneybookers.this are free payment operators but they take commission on transfers but its much better than autorize.net credit card method because you have to pay a monthly fee.

Like i told you.Im going to teach you an easy way to create and operate and market your ecommerce store plus.i will show you how you can stock your store with products.

By the way,I gave you guys an Assignment. what are your answers and opinion. lol

have a good nite rest.got to work tomorrow

visit my forum for more tips
http://africanpark.com/

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Peddylove(f): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
To learn how to make money online goto www.onlineincomeng..com
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by oloyedejamiu: 8:07am On Aug 17, 2013
i am implementing one of the ideas listed above on my project website @ http://jamtechproject.com. You can check it out.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Olucheye(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by megajay1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ op, please involve me in this your wonderful escapade to move Nigeria's e-world forward,
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by megajay1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
instead of our ppl wasting time on nonsense scams and internet fraud, dy can put there heads togeda in dis
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by whatalife: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
@op i have ran this hotspot wifi setup before made over N11 Million from my cafe and wifi hotspot in 3 years the wifi hotspot has just 18 regular clients paying btw 10k and 15k per month
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by OXCUBA: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2013
CTRL + DELETE
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by olad2020: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2013
Hi mrnestyy1985, good job.
I came across your thread before, u also made a comment in another forum that lead back to this writeup. I'll like some clarification on one of your comments, kindly emall me wendy@etisalatng.blackberry.com
Thanks
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
How Bright Biogas System Work

Bright Biogas Make Use Of A Relatively Simple, Well-Known, And Mature Technology. A Biogas System Comprises A Large Tank, Or Digester. Inside The Tank, Bacteria Work Symbiotically To Convert Organic Waste Into Methane Gas Through The Process Of Anaerobic Digestion.

Every Day, The User Of A Bright Biogas Feed The Bacteria Inside The Digester With Household By-Products Such As Market Waste, Kitchen Waste, And Manure From Livestock.

The Methane Gas Produced By The Bacteria Inside Bright Biogas Can Be Used For Cooking, Lighting, And Other Energy Needs.

Waste That Has Been Fully Digested Exits The Bright Biogas In The Form Of Organic Fertiliser And Is Good For Fish Meal
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
NAIJAFUND..THE FIRST NIGERIAN CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM DEBUTS

For some of us, we know but for many other people, do not know what crowd funding is all about. It is a concept where a project/idea is funded by a number of people who believes in such an idea whether for profit or not.
This is a new concept being embraced in the world right now to fund businesses. It is a concept which will really help many people in Nigeria. Talents abound, ideas abound but the complaints most times is that there are no funds to finance such ideas. In a country where the percentage of youths that are unemployed is skyrocketing every year, it is imperative for such platforms to exist where coordinated attempt as to raising money is available.
Unlike other developed Nations where the level of trust is high with the users, we have a level of trust too in this Nigerian crowdfunding but protection of investors or funders are of utmost importance which is one of the most important factors taken into consideration. As an investor, you are to an extent very safe in commiting your funds for a venture either profit or non-profit.
The site is administered by seasoned business consultants and business developers as well as Non-Governmental personnels who can screen NGO projects submitted at the site while the former screens the profit making ventures/projects/ideas submitted to the platform. I am also a member of the admin and my large following on my thread speaks volume coupled with my experience as a business developer and an author of a sought after business ebook through nairaland, linkedin and so on.

I therefore welcome you to www.naijafund.com. Sign up today, start posting your projects, start funding businesses and start making your dreams and other people's dreams to come true.

Who knows you might be funding the next Bill Gates or funding the next facebook.

You are free to ask questions please....Have a nice day!
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
kayjegs: NAIJAFUND..THE FIRST NIGERIAN CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM DEBUTS

For some of us, we know but for many other people, do not know what crowd funding is all about. It is a concept where a project/idea is funded by a number of people who believes in such an idea whether for profit or not.
This is a new concept being embraced in the world right now to fund businesses. It is a concept which will really help many people in Nigeria. Talents abound, ideas abound but the complaints most times is that there are no funds to finance such ideas. In a country where the percentage of youths that are unemployed is skyrocketing every year, it is imperative for such platforms to exist where coordinated attempt as to raising money is available.
Unlike other developed Nations where the level of trust is high with the users, we have a level of trust too in this Nigerian crowdfunding but protection of investors or funders are of utmost importance which is one of the most important factors taken into consideration. As an investor, you are to an extent very safe in commiting your funds for a venture either profit or non-profit.
The site is administered by seasoned business consultants and business developers as well as Non-Governmental personnels who can screen NGO projects submitted at the site while the former screens the profit making ventures/projects/ideas submitted to the platform. I am also a member of the admin and my large following on my thread speaks volume coupled with my experience as a business developer and an author of a sought after business ebook through nairaland, linkedin and so on.

I therefore welcome you to www.naijafund.com. Sign up today, start posting your projects, start funding businesses and start making your dreams and other people's dreams to come true.

Who knows you might be funding the next Bill Gates or funding the next facebook.

You are free to ask questions please....Have a nice day!
I salute your courage. Ride on.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
@Blink182...thanks for the compliment and encouragement. Counting on you and every other person to make this worthwhile...
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kentochi(m): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Good idea
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 2:17am On Oct 31, 2013
@Kentochi....thanks and looking forward for your support and more....
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Sunglow: 6:23am On Nov 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

1. Easy to manage
2. Cheaper to do
3. Quicker to achieve.
Hi we already have something similar to what you have just suggested. You can like us on our Fb page:WWW.Facebook.com/kowric
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by castrokins(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
ewizard1:

Hello... i've been craving for this biz. Could u mail me on ewizard1@yahoo.com? thanks

Let's Look At It Together, Am In...nsidem@unical.edu.ng nsikanumanah@yahoo.com
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
great thread.
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by kayjegs: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2013
The great business ebook's price reduced from N4000 to N2,500 for this xmas. The book has been a blessing to many people in 2013. Plan next year from now. Read through, so you can have a focus for next year to start a business. There is also after sales service from me in the sense that you can ask questions on any area you want clarity on, from the book and you are entitled to free business idea updates.

Check through this threads for business ideas and more info. You can go through the threads from the 1st page to have more idea. From the depth of my heart, Happy Xmas and new year in advance....

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need/3

OR

https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need/2
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by MDCEO1: 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
mrnestyy1985: No 2: Nigerian Escrow website

I believe by now most of us know what escrow service means.Look it up on google.

Problem

You and i know that if we have the opportunity to scam with ease we wont hesitate to grab that opportunity. I have a general law in online business which has been adopted by most white Europeans and Americans.
"Never trust a Nigerian in every aspect concerning money"
Even Goodluck Jonathan the Nigerian president could scam you if he has the opportunity. Agreed? This is because human wants/needs are not satiable.
In my own opinion, Nigerians have not been successful in online business because of the risk that is involved when you deal with Nigerian online.this can be seen in the way the european and amaerican payment service like paypal,moneybookers and the rest of them restrict their service from Nigerians.My reason?we can not trade with Nigerians using paypal because they are so brilliant that they can even claim to own the paypal merchant account and scam you the sum of 50,000 dollars with just a 100 naira air ticket bought from a local cyber cafe that has a 5th hand used outdated computer.

In order to improve trust when doing business with Nigerians online,there has to be a payment service that is able to protect Nigerian as well as the so called magas.

Solution
PayNigerians/NairaEscrow/ProtectMaga/MagaSafe (Think about a unique short domain name)

This website enables buyers and sellers to buy and sell product and services safely when dealing with Nigerians.

How it works
example: A seller abroad who supplies goods like clothing and cars contacts a Nigerian importer who is interested in importing cloths for sale in Nigeria.after must communication they buyer agrees and decides to transact with this seller who he or she doesnt know or have not met before. He remembers the ultimate online Law( Never trust any body with money online especially a Nigerian). The buyer or the seller can offer to procure a third party "YOU" that will protect them and ensure smooth secured transaction.

The both party visit your website
Register as a buyer or a Seller
states the given transaction amount or service
click proceed
the admin (YOU) accept escrow and ask the buyer to upload the money. when he upload the money and you confirm it with your bank.you contact the seller securely online to proceed with shipment and provide shipment tracking codes.when the good
s is shiped and the buyer confirms receipt.you can release the money to the seller by local bank transfer.

Happy buyer/ Happy seller that returns to your website again and again and recommends you to other prospective importer.

Other possibility

A)You could also integrate the site with freelance service.i.e people who live abroad that can send this product to you in Nigeria and recieve their payment securely through your site.

How?
A potential buyer who wants to buy something from ebay or other ecommerce site abroad but do not have the payment capability as the shipping address specified bcus most online traders do not send goods to Nigeria.
He or she goes to your site, post a frelance ad seeking for interested freelancer who can purchase the goods in your name and resend it to Nigeria for you for a fee.
interested frelancer contacts you and negotiate payment.then proceed to use the escrow service offered by your site.

B) I also see the possibility for Nigerian government using your platform to issue/award contracts to potential contractor.Money is never released until the contract is completed.this will help to reduce the problem with unfinished contracts as most contractors will strive to complete their contract because they are guaranteed a return on their investment.this can be linked to banks that issue loans to contractors as the contractors can print the pending escrow statement and use it as collateral to secure loan.

You can manipulate their solution in several way to suite your revenue potential. consult me if you need further question and if i have the time,i will gladly reply.

visit my forum for more tips
http://africanpark.com/

Interesting concept.
But I have a question that may make it difficult to implement in our own environment.
We know a lot of Nigerians have a tendency to fraud when they have an opportunity. Its unfortunate, but its true.
Now the question.
What if d buyer is a crook?
As in, What if the buyer refuses to click ''confirm''' to show that he has received the goods (maybe he's ill, or has died, or conveniently 'forgot' to come back and click 'confirm' after receiving the products, or some other wonderful story he may cook up.)? Or if he outrightly denies, saying that he has not received the goods, when infact, he has collected the goods? Or he just wants to suffer the seller and delays in clicking ''confirm'' to show he has received the goods, just to delay payment to the seller and suffer him.
What do you do in such a case?
Re: Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) by Samabu07(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
MD-CEO:

Interesting concept.
But I have a question that may make it difficult to implement in our own environment.
We know a lot of Nigerians have a tendency to fraud when they have an opportunity. Its unfortunate, but its true.
Now the question.
What if d buyer is a crook?
As in, What if the buyer refuses to click ''confirm''' to show that he has received the goods (maybe he's ill, or has died, or conveniently 'forgot' to come back and click 'confirm' after receiving the products, or some other wonderful story he may cook up.)? Or if he outrightly denies, saying that he has not received the goods, when infact, he has collected the goods? Or he just wants to suffer the seller and delays in clicking ''confirm'' to show he has received the goods, just to delay payment to the seller and suffer him.
What do you do in such a case?
My quick reply is this; online sellers should rather run an automatic system of "buy now" button. Online sellers should make use of friend payment merchants. With this you don't need to stay online to respond to buyers or receive calss For already buyers. It automatically send the download link after verifying buyers. Buh both buyer and sellers would need to operate their choiced Payment merchants. I would not want to recommend any so that people won't think I'm promoting any affiliated merchant. Buh, if any one insist I don't mind proferring For them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) / Ugochukwu Udu & Njideka, Emeka Offor Daughter's Wedding: Dignitaries At Event / 21 Top Nigerian Motivational Speakers You Should Connect With!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.