Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven (2816 Views)

Amaechi, Fashola, Ajimobi, Enelamah In China (Pictured) / Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles / Serena And Venus Williams Live In Lagos, Meets Gov Fashola (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by bluehorizo(m): 5:14am On Apr 08, 2008
The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, will start Nigeria‘s first football reality television show tagged The First Eleven Football Reality TV Show, on Tuesday.

The event, scheduled for the Union Bank Sports Ground, Surulere, Lagos, will have the Lagos State Commissioner of Sports Ademola Adeniji-Adele and Commissioner of Home Affairs and Tourism, Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi in attendance.

According to the General Manager, Hurricane Events

Limited, organiser of the show, Bukola Oluwasanya, the event will mark the elimination stages of the show whose aim is to discover young talents and mould them into international stars.

Thirty-six of the participants will make the final selection, out of which members of the public will finally pick 11 through a screening process.

The eventual winners of the show, also sponsored by IGI, First Inland Bank, Lucozade Boost and Nigeria Flour Mills, will take home Geely cars, N1m and a training tour of Europe.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080408358840
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Needlelady(f): 5:21am On Apr 08, 2008
Is that what we elected him to do? reality shows? first it was planting stupid cameras for thieves around lagos and now it's reality show. Does he think he's Ben Bruce the 2nd or D1?
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by coolier(f): 6:08am On Apr 08, 2008
Wonders will never end. "We are in the process of cutting off some fingers, these people are still trying to put on a ring", now why would a state governor turn TV producer/director. If fashola is that interested in sports why doesn't he try to revive the then AAA (Amateur Athletics Association) Sports, Ionian Sports Competitions and a lot of others. Who voted all these people in?
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Arnold1(m): 6:12am On Apr 08, 2008
May be the Punch Newspaper meant the governor will be the first guest on the show.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by darren20(m): 11:34am On Apr 08, 2008
an avenue to embezzle some money again!,who will save Nigeria from this mess,absolute lack of direction and focus,this is unbelievable.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by lucabrasi(m): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2008
please lets quit with this cruxifiction,even if the guy is corrupt which you havnt shown any proof of,its obvious he is doing a lot in lagos state even though he is not up to the first half of his first term,football reality show might not mean much to you maybe because you dont like it but it means a lot to majority of lagosians and they actually think its a laudable programme,how will a leader be encouraged when everything they do is knocked down at conception rather than encouraging them when they do positive things at least
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by ifyalways(f): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
@Poster,Are you sure hes starting a reality show or hes a guest,declaring it open ? undecided
There is a big difference btw the two.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by bawomolo(m): 2:58pm On Apr 08, 2008
,football reality show might not mean much to you maybe because you don't like it but it means a lot to majority of lagosians and they actually think its a laudable programme,

what if there's no power to watch the show cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by coolier(f): 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

please lets quit with this cruxifiction,even if the guy is corrupt which you havnt shown any proof of,its obvious he is doing a lot in lagos state even though he is not up to the first half of his first term,

Doing a lot in Lagos State? The first I heard of the guy he was trying to build a Boat Hotel at a ridiculous whooping sum of about 25 million (euros). Nobody has accused him of corruption yet on this thread, but now - you have rightly said it.

lucabrasi:

football reality show might not mean much to you maybe because you don't like it but it means a lot to majority of lagosians and they actually think its a laudable programme,

Laudable programme? pardon me. I have almost forgotten football reality show is one of the cardinal programmes of the AC!
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by lucabrasi(m): 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2008
bawomolo:

what if there's no power to watch the show cheesy cheesy

fashola or any lagos state governor cannot solve the power problems in lagos,correct me if im wrong but lagos state consumes like half the powere generated in nigeria and its a federal government initiative.

coolier:

Doing a lot in Lagos State? The first I heard of the guy he was trying to build a Boat Hotel at a ridiculous whooping sum of about 25 million (euros). Nobody has accused him of corruption yet on this thread, but now - you have rightly said it.

the brt bus thingy,the lekki road he has just commissioned,he has unveiled the lagos energy city project,the lekki free trade zone and thats just me not living in lagos and not knowing whats on ground.
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/projects/EnergyDevelopmentProject/Fashola_unveils_N228bn_Lagos_Energy_City_project

Laudable programme? pardon me. I have almost forgotten football reality show is one of the cardinal programmes of the AC!

like i said,football might not mean anything to you but it means a lot to lagosians,go find out how many nigerians are stuck to their tv s when the football season starts or when nigeria is playing any national or international match,what dyu think has been calming people down apart from show biz.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2008
ifyalways:

@Poster,Are you sure hes starting a reality show or hes a guest,declaring it open ? undecided
There is a big difference between the two.

Good question. Does this mean the State Governor is moonlighting as a TV producer LMAO!!!
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by coolier(f): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2008
lucabrasi:

like i said,football might not mean anything to you but it means a lot to lagosians,go find out how many nigerians are stuck to their tv s when the football season starts or when nigeria is playing any national or international match,what dyu think has been calming people down apart from show biz.

Am a football fanatic myself. But am still saying football reality shows should be left to the private sector, it SHOULD NOT be the preoccupation of any serious state Governor. And I believe there are far too many forms of recreation and better things to do with ones time and energy than sitting in front of the f---ing TV and watching a monotonous nauseating football reality show.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by stanech: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2008
Yea this I have said it times without number that the problem of Naija is not the PDP now see what a thief this guy from AC is.

First it was Tinubu now this Bastard of a governor.

May God help us
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by lucabrasi(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2008
dude,guessing you r a politician cause u seem to have some venom directed at ac as a party and absolving pdp of any wrongdoing, wud rather have had obanikoro who cannot construct a full sentence without mistake and whose records as a chairman of lagos island local government is to say the least blighted.

coolier:

Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by lucabrasi(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2008
coolier:

Am a football fanatic myself. But am still saying football reality shows should be left to the private sector, it SHOULD NOT be the preoccupation of any serious state Governor. And I believe there are far too many forms of recreation and better things to do with ones time and energy than sitting in front of the f---ing TV and watching a monotonous nauseating football reality show.

well then,im not a fashola supporter or a politician but i still believe that the guy has done a lot in the short time he has been in power and if after i posted just one of his many reforms you still think he is not doing anything ,then guess you r entitled to your opinions, seeing as you r in the uk im sure you wont realli know if the lagosians living in lagos dont want it dont you think?also im sure you ll rather have these boys running around on a neusating football reality tv show than waiting for you at the airport to rob you or anybody from overseas of your pound or dollars.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by fyneguy: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2008
Are you guys saying Fashola is not trying? Well I have been in Lagos since Oyinlola days. I believe Fashola is quite doing well. Atleast, I'm beginning to see a governor who's serious about infrastructural development.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by stanech: 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2008
lucabrasi:

dude,guessing you r a politician cause u seem to have some venom directed at ac as a party and absolving pdp of any wrongdoing, would rather have had obanikoro who cannot construct a full sentence without mistake and whose records as a chairman of lagos island local government is to say the least blighted.

I am not saying PDP is better than AC dude. what I am sying is that they are Birds of the same Feathers
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by dee02(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2008
stanech:

Yea this I have said it times without number that the problem of Naija is not the PDP now see what a thief this guy from AC is.

May God help us

for fu/ck sake this doesnt reflect any relevancies to the thread
shut up if u wanna get political
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by McOmo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2008
where is Dayokanu grin cool

if I start now . . . .dem go say we don come again cool

well sha . . .am watching the thread tho I have already spotted some dolts, stans and plonkers saying rubbish about BRF . . . .bring it on !!!
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by dayokanu(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2008
Here sir!!!

Well I dont know the details of the TV reality programme but what I don't buy is all these Fashola bashing. All the people criticising Fashola are outside Nigeria( according to their location) is that not funny? Ask your people back at home what Fashola is doing in Lagos right now.

As at today Fashola is the best Governor in Nigeria. Look at Lagos He has destroyed the illegal structures in Lagos State. You need to pass through Oshodi these days to know what is happening . A lot of construction work and lot of beautification projects are going on in the state. This is a governor I am very proud of I can always raise my head anywhere that I voted for this man.

Following the reconstruction and facelift given to Teslim Balogun stadium it now hosts a lot of international and local stadium. Fashola is even lobbying to make sure all Challenge cup finals are played in Lagos.

The eventual winners of the show, also sponsored by IGI, First Inland Bank, Lucozade Boost and Nigeria Flour Mills, will take home Geely cars, N1m and a training tour of Europe.
This is a programme for the youth something to occupy their minds and take it off crime and yahoo yahoo yet people come out here saying balderdash. The fact that you have internet access does not give you the right to abuse it. IGI, First Inland and the private sector are involved and probably bank rolling it. The gov supports it so WTF is wrong with that.

Fashola to get you food, boyfriend, wash your clothes, even bathe for you Na wa Oh!!!. He can only give you an enabling environment to live in Lagos. If you expect Fashola to babysit for you then you have another think coming.

N.B : Can you guys come up with something sensible in form of criticism if not keep quiet
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by oluwdashmi(f): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
@dee02

May God help us

Is it compulsory you talk? Can't u keep quiet if u have nothing sensible to say. What did the guy and Tinubu do to u?
If PDP had gained their way, do you think there would have been anything like road expansion and other development?

Please, mind the way u talk so that when u get closer to such position pple won't crucify your sweat. I am not a football fanatic, so I don't know if the show is ok or not.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by McOmo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Dayokanu

what else can I say that u havent said cheesy
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Here sir!!!

Well I don't know the details of the TV reality programme but what I don't buy is all these Fashola bashing. All the people criticising Fashola are outside Nigeria( according to their location) is that not funny? Ask your people back at home what Fashola is doing in Lagos right now.

Nothing infuriates me more than people assuming that cause you are outside Nigeria means you have no idea what is going on in Nigeria. Do you realize that majority of those outside of Nigeria actually go back about 4 to 5 times a year?? Would you then argue that during the times they are in Nigeria, they have no idea what life is back in the countries where they actually reside in??

As at today Fashola is the best Governor in Nigeria. Look at Lagos He has destroyed the illegal structures in Lagos State. You need to pass through Oshodi these days to know what is happening . A lot of construction work and lot of beautification projects are going on in the state. This is a governor I am very proud of I can always raise my head anywhere that I voted for this man.

I don't know if you have ever heard of Mudashiru. He happens to have been the best and in my view, remains the best governor that state has ever had but time will tell for me if Fashola takes that crown. If you have actually been a part of lagos, you would understand that construction projects are nothing knew in lagos. Yaba and Oshodi markets have undergone face lifts on an almost ungoing basis for the past 20 years in lagos now. One comes in, builds and the other comes in destroys what is left of what was put up by the past and rebuilds and that has been the situation in most of Lagos. For me and many others, I believe waiting to see the result of his work will be best way to judge.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by lucabrasi(m): 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Here sir!!!

Well I don't know the details of the TV reality programme but what I don't buy is all these Fashola bashing. All the people criticising Fashola are outside Nigeria( according to their location) is that not funny? Ask your people back at home what Fashola is doing in Lagos right now.

Following the reconstruction and facelift given to Teslim Balogun stadium it now hosts a lot of international and local stadium. Fashola is even lobbying to make sure all Challenge cup finals are played in Lagos.
This is a programme for the youth something to occupy their minds and take it off crime and yahoo yahoo yet people come out here saying balderdash. The fact that you have internet access does not give you the right to abuse it. IGI, First Inland and the private sector are involved and probably bank rolling it. The gov supports it so WTF is wrong with that.

Fashola to get you food, boyfriend, wash your clothes, even bathe for you Na wa Oh!!!. He can only give you an enabling environment to live in Lagos. If you expect Fashola to babysit for you then you have another think coming.

N.B : Can you guys come up with something sensible in form of criticism if not keep quiet

feeling you bre, and i quite agree with you because from reports i got from my family living in lagos is where i personally got my conclusions from and we seem to be forgetting that this man has not even gone half way into his first term and he is being compared to past governors who have spent several years some twice what he has spent presently,some are saying he is the same as the others yet the man is fulfilling what he promised in his manifestoes if that is a sin then i dont know what is the right way to go, nigerians,
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by TheSly: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2008
what if there's no power to watch the show
Abi . . . .maybe na candle we go use then cheesy
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Ibrahym(m): 12:09am On Apr 11, 2008
WTF is wrong with u guys,

Before u start arguing about this issue, u need to confirm
What are the details of the whole reality show? Is Fashola actually full hands on it or just supporting it?, perhaps it may be a good idea, but how much effect will it have? are there other things that might have been done?

On our leaders, wot can i say, we are always complaining and fretting, but were also looking when they were voted in, if u are not comfortable with them now, u can take a cue from the famous late JFK:
'ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country'

wot are we doing?
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Pappy: 11:43pm On Apr 11, 2008
After reading these posts I've come to the realization that Nigerians, by and large, are idiots. There's nobody that can govern Nigeria, I mean nobody! If Fashola farts, he's stupid, if he eats he's eating with government funds, if he goes to the bathroom you'll say he's wiping his ass with embezzled toilet paper. You people are clowns that are used to just bitching like its a pasttime and Nigerians don't know good from bad anymore because we've been living in the reality of beer parlor politics forever.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by SignorZax: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
Abeg make una leave my Fash alone, Go PDP states go see de nonsense wey the so-called Govs. dey do. At least im no steal money, he just dey make sure say we follow enjoy am.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by nazzyon(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2008
Pappy:

After reading these posts I've come to the realization that Nigerians, by and large, are idiots. There's nobody that can govern Nigeria, I mean nobody! If Fashola farts, he's stupid, if he eats he's eating with government funds, if he goes to the bathroom you'll say he's wiping his ass with embezzled toilet paper. You people are clowns that are used to just bitching like its a pasttime and Nigerians don't know good from bad anymore because we've been living in the reality of beer parlor politics forever.

Why do you have to use a collective term?

Are the people you happen to see here the only Nigerians?

As for those criticizing the Governor; it is their own problem. Arnold and other Governors do more than opening a show.

Is it an offence to be honoured?
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Ibime(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2008
Naija is f*cked up. Governor no get better thing to do. It should be written into the constitution that Governors should not patronise sports events, especially local football teams like Sharks, Enyimba etc. It is not in a governors mandate to ensure that his states football team is top of the league.
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2008
nazzyon:

Why do you have to use a collective term?

Are the people you happen to see here the only Nigerians?

As for those criticizing the Governor; it is their own problem. Arnold and other Governors do more than opening a show.

Is it an offence to be honoured?

uummm, If you are trying to claim a governor in America is doing what this article claims to be doing, I say Please be honest, that is not true. Arnold happened to be a body builder and actor way before he ran for governor. His continued involvement in the body building show opening is cause he has been involved in that way before he took office and there is really no reason for him not to now. No other governors I know of is actually involved in such.

Another mistake you make here is trying to compare a governor in a country like Nigeria to a governor in a country like America?? Why do you people continue to make such unfair and unbalanced comparisons?? With the huge gap between life in America for the average american and life in NIgeria alone, why do you convince yourself that such comparisons are legal or even worthy??
Re: Fashola Starts Reality Show: First Eleven by tolutweety(m): 2:46am On Sep 17, 2009
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][i][/i][email][/email]
leave him alone , @least 4 now, he' s still the best working governor by my own rating.
dont get me crucified, im only talking bout ds particular 4 yr term

(1) (2) (Reply)

Globacom Premier League- 3SC vs Rangers. [0 - 0] / Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua / Paul Pogba Celebrates His Wife Zulay On Her 28th Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.