Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

I Used To Be A Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Used To Be A Writer (759 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / There Was A Girl I Used To Know / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Be A Writer by G50member(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Time was when I used to write and write well. My english teachers and friends who read me always admired my writing skills. Of course I had no plans for my skills so recently it occured to me I had forgotten what it was like to write.
I pondered on what happened then I remembered I grew up and while I hussled in order to find my feet in life, I forgot to write.
Lately however as I read some very serious writers hear in the mold of breathing, molly, ishilove, mazi and plenty others, am wondering if I can write again.
What do you think?
Re: I Used To Be A Writer by Hydronium(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
Stop wondering! put your hand to the plough!
Re: I Used To Be A Writer by Ishilove: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
G-50 member:
Time was when I used to write and write well. My english teachers and friends who read me always admired my writing skills. Of course I had no plans for my skills so recently it occured to me I had forgotten what it was like to write.
I pondered on what happened then I remembered I grew up and while I hussled in order to find my feet in life, I forgot to write.
Lately however as I read some very serious writers hear in the mold of breathing, molly, ishilove, mazi and plenty others, am wondering if I can write again.
What do you think?
Yes you can. If it's in you, it will flow out when it's time.

The secret about writing is consistency. Take a pen and write a paragraph daily. The subject could range from your thoughts, the day's happenings, memories etc. If it is in you, it will begin to flow out of its own accord.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Be A Writer by G50member(m): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2013
Hydronium: Stop wondering! put your hand to the plough!
Thanks! I should start again sometime soon.

Ishilove:
Yes you can. If it's in you, it will flow out when it's time.

The secret about writing is consistency. Take a pen and write a paragraph daily. The subject could range from your thoughts, the day's happenings, memories etc. If it is in you, it will begin to flow out of its own accord.
Hydronium: Stop wondering! put your hand to the plough!
Thanks! Your advice is very practical and hands on.
Re: I Used To Be A Writer by Hydronium(m): 12:10am On Apr 16, 2013
G-50 member:

Thanks! I should start again sometime soon.

Thanks! Your advice is very practical and hands on.

and just in case, if you need any help , there's this article i prepared for short story writing. you could just look it up....
https://www.nairaland.com/1255650/introduction-prose-writing-how-write

(1) (Reply)

Oh Amadioha ! The great god of Thunder ! / Hold On To Me - Part 1 (music Inspired) / Paintings On The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.