Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance (4653 Views)

NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by wilxz(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
An open letter to the governor of Lagos State.

Sir,
This is to bring to your attention the perceived injustice being perpetrated by the Ministry of Special duties, in lagos state, I am a youth corp member serving with the newly oriented batch A. We were meant to believe that the state government will be paying corp members posted to Government secondary schools some form of allowance. After the orientation we all trooped down to the office of the Ministry of special duties for the onward process of our state allowance, we were then told to submit our NYSC posting letter and to return in two days time for collection of our stamped letters and bank form for the payment process. On getting there on the requested day, some where given the bank form and majority of us weren't given. And no reasonable reasons was given to us. This has caused a lot of bitterness and rancour amongst the corp member, some of who have decided to have a nonchalant attitude towards the delivery of their services in their respective schools.
Sir, these are some of the questions bothering on the minds of corp members.
1 what was the criteria for the selection of the corp members who are to be paid.
2 Is the rumour about paying only 600 corp members true?
3 Is there a form of selection process across tribal line, religious line, state of origin or federal character on which the selection is based.
4 Is it based on "First come first serve" or knowing "The oga at the top"
5 Is the payment a political propaganda to boost the popularity of the state, as the state paying the highest allowance to corp member.
We are seeking for answers, as to know how we can fight for our right and also to know who is short changing us. The motto of the NYSC says service and humility, we are ready to give our services, but where injustice prevails, the service and humility would be compromised.
We plead with our amiable governor to wade into this issue. The motto of Lagos state says Justice and progress. Let's us all practice what we preach.
Thank you.
Eko o ni baje.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by ednut1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
afta runsin ur service to lag, ur talkin about injustice, coruptn everywhere, u hv no moral right to complainabeg manage ur 19800

4 Likes

Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by weezii(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
hahahhahahahahaha somehow funny bt nt totally funny.

He better act ASAP cos those guys aint joking i can see
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by wilxz(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
ednut1: afta runsin ur service to lag, ur talkin about injustice, coruptn everywhere, u hv no moral right to complainabeg manage ur 19800

For your information, I didn't pay anybody anything to get posted to lagos, it was by Gods grace, not everybody has that amount of money to waste on runsin,

Pls moderate, help get this to the front page to get the authorities attention.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by ednut1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
wilxz:

For your information, I didn't pay anybody anything to get posted to lagos, it was by Gods grace, not everybody has that amount of money to waste on runsin,

Pls moderate, help get this to the front page to get the authorities attention.
gods grace indeed, u know before say na 600 pple dem go pay, go ur rules book, a corper is nt meant to protest hahahahahaha, abeg manage ur 198
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by wilxz(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
ednut1: gods grace indeed, u know before say na 600 pple dem go pay, go ur rules book, a corper is nt meant to protest hahahahahaha, abeg manage ur 198

Who said anything about protesting, I just want our governor in Lagos state to be fair in his dealing, if he is even aware that its only 600 people, that is being paid, cos the payment comes from the ministry of special duties. They may just be the one who decide to pay just 600 corp members and keep the rest for themselves
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by fuckluv(f): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
@Op sorry, i feel ur pain. I believe fashola is reading this and ll get to u. But in the mean-time, make do with the 19800. Sorry ehn cheesy grin
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by EmmyDe25(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2013
@Wilxz, nice one. Na d same boat we dey o. Dat ministry of special duties is filled with unscrupulous nd a debauched set of pple, who deals in a vry shaddy manner. There has bin a loud cry by d Batch C on why only 610 corpers wl be paid out of ova 3000 corpers deployd to d state, but nothing has been done till ds vry moment.
Why dont u just forward ds write-up to any of those national dailies? Am sure that wud be our best bet.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2013
sorry about dat, buh it has always been like datfor u 2 get d state allowee, u either get it by first come, first serve basis or by connections ooo....dey will sure gv u 2 options, its either u get a rejection letter from dem 2 go somwhere else or u write a letter of voluntary service, whch wld be attachd 2 ur lettr n u can't complain again....dats lagos fr u...serving in lagos nau isn't so wonderful again #no thanks 2 NYSC's new reforms#
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by sweetkevisco(m): 3:57am On Apr 20, 2013
Tell me why,we will not then sleep with female secondary school students.since i cant collect my alawee in cash,it wil be in kind.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by Godside: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2013
wilxz: An open letter to the governor of Lagos State.

Sir,
This is to bring to your attention the perceived injustice being perpetrated by the Ministry of Special duties, in lagos state, I am a youth corp member serving with the newly oriented batch A. We were meant to believe that the state government will be paying corp members posted to Government secondary schools some form of allowance. After the orientation we all trooped down to the office of the Ministry of special duties for the onward process of our state allowance, we were then told to submit our NYSC posting letter and to return in two days time for collection of our stamped letters and bank form for the payment process. On getting there on the requested day, some where given the bank form and majority of us weren't given. And no reasonable reasons was given to us. This has caused a lot of bitterness and rancour amongst the corp member, some of who have decided to have a nonchalant attitude towards the delivery of their services in their respective schools.
Sir, these are some of the questions bothering on the minds of corp members.
1 what was the criteria for the selection of the corp members who are to be paid.
2 Is the rumour about paying only 600 corp members true?
3 Is there a form of selection process across tribal line, religious line, state of origin or federal character on which the selection is based.
4 Is it based on "First come first serve" or knowing "The oga at the top"
5 Is the payment a political propaganda to boost the popularity of the state, as the state paying the highest allowance to corp member.
We are seeking for answers, as to know how we can fight for our right and also to know who is short changing us. The motto of the NYSC says service and humility, we are ready to give our services, but where injustice prevails, the service and humility would be compromised.
We plead with our amiable governor to wade into this issue. The motto of Lagos state says Justice and progress. Let's us all practice what we preach.
Thank you.
Eko o ni baje.

I jst hope ds will b resolve on time cuz am also hopin2 servc in lag. It is wel
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by wilxz(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2013
EmmyDe25: @Wilxz, nice one. Na d same boat we dey o. Dat ministry of special duties is filled with unscrupulous nd a debauched set of pple, who deals in a vry shaddy manner. There has bin a loud cry by d Batch C on why only 610 corpers wl be paid out of ova 3000 corpers deployd to d state, but nothing has been done till ds vry moment.
Why dont u just forward ds write-up to any of those national dailies? Am sure that wud be our best bet.

I will try to do that, if you can also bring the attention of others in the same situation, that would also be good.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by wilxz(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2013
sweetkevisco: Tell me why,we will not then sleep with female secondary school students.since i cant collect my alawee in cash,it wil be in kind.

Abeg o!, e neva reach like that, Pls let's first try to project our situation to the governor himself, let he be aware of what's going on and try to resolve it, b4 you start your adventure.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by chygift(f): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
Nice one. I mean, I luv ur spirit. many r out der dyin in silent, bt u were able 2 speak up. Gud job WILX. I believ dt smtn wil b done abt it. And as 4 dose dt r mockin u, dey r ....s.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by Mercyu1(f): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
ednut1: gods grace indeed, u know before say na 600 pple dem go pay, go ur rules book, a corper is nt meant to protest hahahahahaha, abeg manage ur 198
Wats ur own problem na?U sound as if scamers u paid 2 influence ur service 2 Lagos state duped u.Sum1 is saying sumthing serious n u ur here mocking d person
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by ednut1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
Mercy-u:
Wats ur own problem na?U sound as if scamers u paid 2 influence ur service 2 Lagos state duped u.Sum1 is saying sumthing serious n u ur here mocking d person
no vex na, dem scam me truly 50k, but dem gv bk 30 lol
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by Mercyu1(f): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
ednut1: no vex na, dem scam me truly 50k, but dem gv bk 30 lol
U are nt serious.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by EmmyDe25(m): 3:55pm On May 04, 2013
Is there no house for corpers serving in lagos? I mean a thread.
Re: Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance by wilxz(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25: Is there no house for corpers serving in lagos? I mean a thread.

I think NCCF has a house for corpers, dats if u are a christian o!, I don't know for catholic and muslim brother.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Prospective Corps Members Nationwide Peaceful Protest #NYSCLetUsServe / My Nysc Experience At Karaye(kusala Dam), Kano State. / Batch B Stream ll Mobilization Date Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.