Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 (3924 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Included In FIFA14 Even After Winning Afcon 2013 / Pls Help: Where Can I Download PES 2013 Bluetooth To My Nokia x2-01 / FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by ghostofsparta(m): 2:24am On Apr 15, 2013
Time, moving quickly as it always does at this time of the year, has left me in a bit of a daze. It barely feels like yesterday that 2012 was rolling around, and now 2013 is just around the corner; beckoning in yet another six month period where I will consistently fill out the year part of dates on forms incorrectly. 2013 won’t be all about mistaking the date though, as graphics and processing power are set to improve, as they always do with time. Whilst we get old and decay, PCs and consoles only get better, meaning that we’ll have some of the best looking games yet gracing our doorsteps in the coming months. We’ve lined up 25 of the best for your perusal.

Do you think that PC gaming is running away far from consoles in terms of technology? What games are you looking forward to in 2013?

SOURCE:
http://gamingbolt.com/25-most-visually-appealing-games-of-2013

1. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

The first Sniper: Ghost Warrior had pretty decent visuals that were let down by sketchy gameplay. Now that its sequel is set to adopt Crytek's incredible CryEngine 3 though, we can only hope that both aspects of the game will be improved immensely.

2. Dead Space 2

The original Dead Space games have been fantastic examples of how a little bit of visual polish can go a long way. With Dead Space 3 truly [i][/i]pushing the current generation of consoles to the limit, it's visuals are likely to make the horror all the more real.

3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

The Metal Gear games have always been about the awesome visuals and, with Platinum Games heading the awesome looking spin-off, it's likely this tradition will be continued in a big way.

4. Bioshock Infinite

Early trailers for Ken Levine's upcoming masterwork have been damn impressive but, whilst the game looks technically amazing, it's the fantastic artistic design of the Bioshock series that is the truly exciting aspect of this upcoming first person action adventure romp.

5. SimCity

Will Wright's management classic returns in 2013 and, whilst the series has never really been about the graphics, developer Maxis's decision to use the controversial GlassBox engine should add a whole new level of detail to the game.

6. God of War: Ascension

The God of War series has never exactly been a slouch when it comes to graphics, and Ascension seems set to raise our expectations even higher. The multiplayer mode is also a nice inclusion too.

7. Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

The scale of the average RTS often excludes it from lists that focus on graphical excellence, but Blizzard's strategy classic makes it exempt from this usual categorisation. Though it's often more zoomed out than your average action game, Heart of the Swarm will still give the kind of detail you want on the Zerg forces to make it a shoe-in for best visuals of 2013.

8. Gears of War: Judgement

Back in 2006, it was the graphics that first endeared us to Gears of War. I'm sure the innovative cover system and excessive amounts of gore had a decent hand in it, but it was the beautiful visuals that initially strike when starting up Gears of War for the first time. Things aren't too different today, and we await Judgement's 2013 release with great anticipation.

9. Dead Island: Riptide

Dead Island had a great scope with its vast open world island, but its technical flaws prevented it from being taken seriously as a AAA retail title. Returning in DLC form with Riptide, the Dead Island series will certainly be able to wow us with its visuals in a more cost effective package THIS YEAR.

10. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

The original Amnesia was (and still remains) one of the scariest games ever made. Part of its awesome atmosphere was created through some absolutely crisp visuals, and we can only hope that the 2013 sequel will retain this absolute visual cacophany of terror.

11. Arma 3

2010 saw the dawn of Arma 2, and the PC FPS was changed for good. Arma's belligerent dedication to realism extended to its awesome graphics, and its legion of creative mods also shared these gorgeous visuals. We can only anticipate how Arma 3 will look based on this.

12. Battlefield 4

Battlefield 3, in spite of its limited campaign, offered some outrageously good visuals. Admittedly, it only ran at 30 FPS but, with Battlefield 4 launching sometime next year, it seems like these kind of visuals could be on the horizon at a higher framerate.

13. Beyond: Two Souls

David Cage had a false start in the visual department with Fahrenheit, but my did he up his game for Heavy Rain. With Heavy Rain offering some of the best visuals for the time on PS3, Beyond seems like a decent contender for best graphics of 2013 already.

14. Company of Heroes 2

Company of Heroes has one of the highest metacritic scores for an RTS title ever, and a part of this is certainly down to the production values. With a decent 7 years since the original, 2013 will be a good year for RTS fans with the dawn of COH2.

15. Crysis 3

It's Crysis. Little else needs to be said.

16. Grand Theft Auto 5

Grand Theft Auto started out as a largely unambitious top down piece of 2D dirge that was held up by its shock factor. GTA3 turned things around massively, and in 2012 GTA5 is arguably the most anticipated title currently. Part of this is due to the visuals, which we know will be truly excellent.

17. Grid 2

As someone who generally detests racing games, Grid wasn't exactly number one on my priorities list when it launched back in 2008. That said, the photorealistic visuals it sported won me over somewhat in the end, and in the same way I'm sure its 2013 will do the same to plenty of people when it launches next year.

18. The Last of Us

Naughty Dog were known for their tight platformers in generations past, but this generation has been all about the production values with their awesome Uncharted series. Now they're moving onto the post-apocalypse survival genre with the Last of Us, but it still looks every bit as good.

19. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Though the Final Fantasy continues to generate into a mere pastiche of its former excellence, it has kept the graphical fidelity that made it such a mainstay of the 32-bit era. Final Fantasy XIII was particular good to look at, so its return in 2013 is likely to attract our eyes, if not our hearts and minds.

20. Lost Planet 3

Lost Planet has been a series that just keeps on going. The first one was mediocre at best and, whilst the next one made a real stride in terms of visuals, it still had a few gemplay issues. Let's hope Lost Planet 3 can make yet another leap and fix the series myriad gameplay problems.

21.Metro: Last Light

Metro 2033 was a hugely ambitious title that weaved epic production values into an incredibly personal bildungsroman narrative. That said, the all important stealth elements of the game were awful, so if Last Light can fix these bits whilst maintaining the graphical quality of the series, 2013 will be a mighty fine year.

22. Remember Me

Recently unveiled at this year's Gamescom a few months back, Remember Me turned a lot of heads with its cool memory altering mechanics. That said, its graphics were no slouch either, with a cool atmosphere and crisp animations adding an even greater flair to this already exciting looking new IP.

23. Star Wars 1313

When the trailer for Star Wars 1313 came out at E3 in June, that was when most of us really began to see what next generation visuals would look like. Speculation still remains whether Star Wars 1313 will launch next year, or much later on a next generation console, but one thing is for sure: It looks damn good.

24. Watch Dogs

This was the star of this year's E3 alongside Star Wars 1313. The visuals were stunning, with realistic facial movement, detailed environments and awesome rain effects like nothing we'd seen before. Add the cool hacking mechanics on top of that, and we have a real contender for game of the year in 2013.

25. Europa Universalis 4

The Europa Universalis games have never been the flashiest or most in your face of RTS titles, but they've always done what they do incredibly well. Come 2013, they'll be doing their thing even better. Though EU4 might not have the same maximilist detail of competing titles, its smooth and slick looking interfaces are still mighty impressive. Bring on 2013!
Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by bikerboy1(m): 2:37am On Apr 15, 2013
25?, and am seeing just two. Where are the rest?
Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by ghostofsparta(m): 2:48am On Apr 15, 2013
Keep reloading bro, I'm still updating
Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by ghostofsparta(m): 4:27am On Apr 15, 2013
Dunno why Injustice: Gods Among Us isn't inlcuded
Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by ichidodo: 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
**Blows cobwebs off his Ps3***
Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by delors(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
It's gat to be my fav of all time - Mortal Kombat! Playing since 1993, still playing in 2013 grin grin grin grin Ol' soldier never dies.

Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by ghostofsparta(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
@Delors
I'm yet to find anyone who can beat me in MK Trilogy.
Re: 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 by chidanzy(m): 8:42am On Nov 22, 2013
Men ! Dunno wha to say buh cool ! CoooooL !!!!

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Purchase A Chess Board? / Modding To The Next Level: Xbox360 & Ps3 Laptop! / Val Gaming Solutions Now In EKSU....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.