Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Hollywood Vs Bollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood Vs Bollywood (1287 Views)

Hollywood Vs Bollywood. / Hollywood Vs Bollywood / Hollywood Vs Bollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2013
In as much as Bollywood brings it when it comes to story telling, it falls short on everything else.

I remember the yore days when I used to Cherish Indian Movies like Toofan, Jawaani, Mard, etc. Whenever I recall their memories, their respective music come to mind. I particularly loved Jawaani and watched it(still does) on numerous occasions, mainly because of beauty of all the songs in it.

But nowadays, it's starting to get boring watching Bollywood. When it comes to Romance, they still rocks though especially when the female and male character start to lip-sync to the background music(C'mon folks, don't be deceived. They are not the real singers). It all rhymes when they do it like that, and it brings out the message loud and clear - Romance is in the air.

But they kill the buzz when they dabble into action. Simply put, they are quite ridiculous. After watching Dus, and Don to name a few I decided it's time to voice my opinion on this matter. Watching them trying so hard to imitate their Hollywood counterparts in gun fights and stunts is sooo sad. And to make matters worse, they infuse the irritating Music and dance every 30 minutes, hereby halting any momentum and connection to the audience, they may have started to build-up on.

Bollywood should stick to Romance and Leave Action and Sci-fi stuffs to the big boys - Hollywood, until they are ready.

This post is already too long so I will stop here and return later with my perceptive on Hollywood.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
HOLLYWOOD might not be known for it's musicals, but if you want high quality high budget sci-fi blockbusters, then it's the movie industry you would wanna lean towards. It's also jack of all trade, so much as you can practically watch a movie of any category in that industry. Be it romance, Documentary, Thriller, Horror, Science Fiction, Erotica, Biopic and comedy, Hollywood carters for it all.

What's the point of continuing this write-up anyway? Hollywood beats Bollywood by a mile, or maybe more.

Where as Bollywood has a tunnel vision and somewhat rigid in their approach to film making, Hollywood is quite flexible and more broad minded when it comes to film making.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by stefanlover: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hollywood even when bollywood was exciting.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: Where as Bollywood has a tunnel vision and somewhat rigid in their approach to film making, Hollywood is quite flexible and more broad minded when it comes to film making.

That's a very interesting point. Culture could play a factor in the 'tunnel vision' style of their films. We (Nigerians) sometime write & make stuff that is so 'holy-holy' perfect and without conflict due to our Praying & Fasting Plc deceptions.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
VillageBoi:

That's a very interesting point. Culture could play a factor in the 'tunnel vision' style of their films

Exactly. It's mainly due to the restrictions put in place by their cultures. India has always prided itself on being a secular nation, in in some large extent, they are. But I have never seen a Bollywood movie with a making out scene. I could be wrong though.

A lot of censoring is placed on their movies, thereby cutting out the realism a little nùdity would have generated.

Hollywood takes the cake on that one as well.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Exactly. It's mainly due to the restrictions put in place by their cultures. India has always prided itself on being a secular nation, in in some large extent, they are. But I have never seen a Bollywood movie with a making out scene. I could be wrong though.
A lot of censoring is placed on their movies, thereby cutting out the realism a little nùdity would have generated.

True, I have not seen any 'making out' in a Bollywood movie. They pride themselves on 'tight slaps' grin

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2013
VillageBoi:

True, I have not seen any 'making out' in a Bollywood movie. They pride themselves on 'tight slaps' grin

Lol! Which one come be "tight slaps" again.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Lol! Which one come be "tight slaps" again.

They always say "I will give you a 'tight slap'" in their films... it's so funny.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
VillageBoi:

They always say "I will give you a 'tight slap'" in their films... it's so funny.

Lmao! Never knew that a slap can be tight before oo!
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Lmao! Never knew that a slap can be tight before oo!

Hahahaha. Yeah they call them tight slaps... it's even become a part of their 'language'... type it in Yotube and na Bollywood/Indian stuff go full screen. When I first hear am from one of my Naija friends I told an Indian friend let's give out 'tight' slaps'... she laff tire, till tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viW9OzWpVBc

I love the 'Hollywood' version lolol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTmVLHXn3H4
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by stefanlover: 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

You are wrong. You hear what I say? You are so wrong. Bollywood is worst than hollywood in nudity nowdays.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by stefanlover: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
stefan lover:
You are wrong. You hear what I say? You are so wrong. Bollywood is worst than hollywood in nudity nowdays.

Lol. Two 'music videos' and one film clip with nothing in them and that is far more daring than 'Hollywood'? Chuckle, giggle... groan!!
You are very far from proving Dan wrong!! And I'm still yet to see one... remember what's in a music video for a film may not be what is in the film... and if all this is actually in the films you are still wrong! However, I did understand your point. It is 'daring for Bollywood' but definitely has not got a smidge on what has been seen in mainstream Hollywood.
I take it you have never seen a Hollywood film past the 'Hays Code' era?

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
stefan lover:

VillageBoi:

Lol. Two 'music videos' and one film clip with nothing in them and that is far more daring than 'Hollywood'? Chuckle, giggle... groan!!
You are very far from proving Dan wrong!! And I'm still yet to see one... remember what's in a music video for a film may not be what is in the film... and if all this is actually in the films you are still wrong! However, I did understand your point. It is 'daring for Bollywood' but definitely has not got a smidge on what has been seen in mainstream Hollywood.

I have nothing more to say on that matter again oo. VillageBoi don steal my thunder.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:
I have nothing more to say on that matter again oo. VillageBoi don steal my thunder.

Sorry my brotha, I was expecting the videos to be 'mmmmmmm' but there was nothing at all in them... oh well, fingers crossed lol.

Even 'conservative' Naija music videos dey shake booty pass that.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by stefanlover: 4:31am On Apr 17, 2013
VillageBoi:

Offcourse you will say that, in this generation that have become so morally corrupted I expect no lees from you. But anyone who knows Indian cinema knows that they never even used to kiss on screen before let alone stimulating se..x on stage.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:33am On Apr 17, 2013
stefan lover:

Offcourse you will say that, in this generation that have become so morally corrupted I expect no lees from you. But anyone who knows Indian cinema knows that they never even used to kiss on screen before let alone stimulating se..x on stage.

They are just trying to step-up their game to attract more local and foreign market, but failing miserably at it.

The fact still remains that Bollywood will never in the near future "bare all" like their Hollywood or European Counterparts, because it's simply against their moral aptitude.

Just sometimes ago a popular Bollywood actress got her pictures burnt on public by angry fans simply because she allowed her self to be kissed on stage by Richard Gere.

Hilarious, if you ask me. If the fans could go ga-ga over such minor occurrence, what would have happened if it had went further than that?

India is a nation of people with strong moral code and highly religious(not fanatically though), so it stands to reason that the majority of the local market - which let's face it - makes up 80% of Bollywood's over-all market, will stop patronizing them if Bollywood decides to really step-up their game.

I watched the YouTube's clips you posted again and then realised something; That's the best Bollywood can go in terms of "making-out" in front of a camera. And it's relatively safe for the performers because they are not very popular just yet.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2013
^ Well said Dan.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood by VillageBoi(m): 9:39am On Apr 17, 2013
stefan lover:

Practically ever 'cinema' has had something they never used to show on screen. It's all in history... back in the days if a woman flashed an ankle men would faint in the street... just saying.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From The Premiere Of Judith Audu’s Just Not Married / The Conjuring 2 Review / Grow Your Hair Long And Thicker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.