Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Best City In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria (8239 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best City In Nigeria by LadyB(f): 6:04am On May 11, 2006
to the best of your knowledge. what do u think is the best city in nigeria?

in terms of
security
crime
a state of peace of mind
employment
living condtions
life stlye
enviroment
raising kids
state government
general economic stability.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by whiteroses(f): 9:36am On May 11, 2006
abeokuta in ogun state, maiduguri north(christians are welcome there no discrimination)
Re: Best City In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 9:45am On May 11, 2006
I like Lagos. Of course, you have to go to the right parts of the city, but that is the same for just about anywhere.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2006
whiteroses:

abeokuta in ogun state, maiduguri north(christians are welcome there no discrimination)

is maidugiri not the place where christains were attacked over the dannish cartoons issue?

anyway, the best city in nigeria is calabar.
it is the cleanest city
it has low crime rate
things are relatively cheap there
traffic is smooth(i lived there for 8yrs and i saw hold up only 2ice, during unical matriculation day)
the people are social
it's got history
the girls are "sweet and welcoming"
it's a coastal city
it is the best.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by ono(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2006
Two thumbs up for toshh!!!

Calabar rocks!!! It's the best place in Nigeria. Tinapa is coming up. All other dirty places should, well, they know what to do.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by LadyB(f): 7:25am On May 12, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm for now -am thinking lagos.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by Constantin: 11:11am On May 12, 2006
This is beyond any doubt Abuja:new, snazzy and sparkling capital and a place for the NEW AND MODERN NIGERIA
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 3:04pm On May 12, 2006
Cal - A - BAR,
Re: Best City In Nigeria by stanech: 3:11pm On May 12, 2006
Thank you Toshman
Calabar is far far better than any city in nigeria cos its got all it takes.
sometimes when I read articles about calabar I wonder if it is in nigeria.
the projects there are wonderful
Obudu ranch is a paradise and now the free trade zone is da !!BOMB!!
Re: Best City In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2006
Awka is the best with the most lovely people in the country.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2006
Awka Can you tell us some features in awka that make it good.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2006
elphem:

Awka Can you tell us some features in awka that make it good.

it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for that question to be answered. cheesy
Re: Best City In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 9:31pm On May 15, 2006
It is people that make a city thick and in Awka you will find the greatest people in Nigeria
The people of Awka are the friendliest funniest people you will find in the country.You will be hard pressed to find a
better collection of people than Awka people
All other cities in Nigeria are hostile crime ridden places and frankly if wanted such things I would rather travel to Baghdad
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2006
@4play,
when i was a student in nigeria, i heard that another name for local guns is "awka made". well, i dunno wt u may say to that as regards low crime rate in awka. by the way, Calabar has a very low crime rate. u know what calabar means?
c=come
a=and
l= live
a=and
b= be
a=at
r=rest

check it out wink
Re: Best City In Nigeria by sade511(f): 11:55pm On May 15, 2006
If we should start talking about people in MY opinion Ibadan people are real nice, they are funny too.
But I havent been in Nigerian in a while so I cant judge where the best cuty is.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by diddy4(m): 5:35am On May 16, 2006
what the hell are u people sayin here. the best city is ABA jo. imagine, ABA oooo, ABA oooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by rasque(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2006
I have not travelled far and wide within this great country but Ibadan would be my pick of the places I have been to.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by ikamefa(f): 8:59pm On May 16, 2006
i would say owerri in imo state grin if you know your way around and you got enough coins you are bound to enjoy your self grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 9:05pm On May 16, 2006
Owerri is cool, i grew up in owerri, but these days owerri is getting too dirty for my liking while calabar is just clean. almost like europe. their governor has vision.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2006
My vote for Nigerias BEST city would go to Jos in the central plateau area of Nigeria.  The landscape on the way there stretches out to distant horizons in breath-taking beauty, and reminds one of the rolling plains of the American West. The weather in that part of the country is mid-70's cool like an endless European Summer, and the population density of the area is relatively low in comparison to most other places in Nigeria.  One only hopes that the sectarian violence in some of the Plateau State's remote regions tapers off soon.

My vote for the ABSOLUTE WORST inhabited location on planet earth goes unhesitatingly to LAGOS, that litter strewn, decrepit,  traffic-jammed, crime ridden, riot plagued, smelly, ridiculously overpopulated cess-pool of haphazard and unplanned substandard construction that squats like a festering boil on the ocean shores of Nigerias south west coastline.  "They say that happiness is looking at Lagos in your rear-view mirror".
Re: Best City In Nigeria by sade511(f): 8:18pm On May 17, 2006
Depends where you go to in Lagos.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2006
Jakumo

U are right Lagos is a mess. Thanks!

@Sade

The whole Lagos is a complete Mess. Including Ikoyi, VI, Lekki,Ikeja,Aja, Epe, Surlere, Yaba ETC.

@Diddy
I wanted to die, did someone say Aba? Please there is no need for Homer choices here. Aba is not a city anymore. It is a dirty market.

@Topic
Best city i will say with all those factors above, has to be CALABAR! Jos might be a close second, but their Governor (Dariye) is a clown.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by sade511(f): 9:02pm On May 17, 2006
What about Victoria Island?
Re: Best City In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 9:04pm On May 17, 2006
@Sade

It sounds like you have been out of Nigeria for a while. Read the requirements Ladyb has above. I added VI to my list.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by sade511(f): 9:07pm On May 17, 2006
Oh, I didnt read it and I havent been in Nigeria for a LLLOOOONNNGGG time.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by dblock(m): 6:30am On May 18, 2006
lagos and ibadan are the best. Hey for some people culture and chaos are it.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by beyunce(f): 9:23am On May 18, 2006
Abuja
PH
Calabar.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2006
@ beyounce the best in the three you mentioned
Re: Best City In Nigeria by kilo4uall(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2006
beyunce baby gat it all but she is 4getting one ABA!!! shocked grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by diddy4(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2006
kilo4uall:

beyunce baby gat it all but she is 4getting one ABA!!! shocked grin

yes she is aba is the best of them all. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 2:45pm On May 18, 2006
Aba is d aopposite of wat we r talking here embarassed
Re: Best City In Nigeria by larger20(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2006
Abuja, victorial island and ikoyi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apapa Gridlock Ultimatum: We’re Making Progress, Ensuring Sustainability — FRSC / 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja / It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.