Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Brand And Corporate Communication Forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Brand And Corporate Communication Forum (756 Views)

We Know Its Corporate Slavery, Yet We Stay / Unpaid Daar Communication Workers Halt Operations(photo) / Linguistics And Mass Communication: Which Is The Better Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by edith82: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2013
Pls any brand and corporate communication person in the house? let's share ideas.
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Yes..once worked as Public Relations Mgr in a large multinational company; also a master's degree in media and communication. So lets go
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by Emperoh(m): 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
@Keneking, where you at SMC?
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 18, 2013
Sure...
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by freakyamanda(f): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hi folks, thnks for creatin dis thread cos i av a lot of questions on dis career as am just going into it. I studied ind physics in skul but am enrolin for a mazters at SMC cos i love media but i dont know d professional structure of d career, i hope am doin d right thingthing
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by Emperoh(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
freakyamanda: Hi folks, thnks for creatin dis thread cos i av a lot of questions on dis career as am just going into it. I studied ind physics in skul but am enrolin for a mazters at SMC cos i love media but i dont know d professional structure of d career, i hope am doin d right thingthing

By the time you are thru at SMC, you will get to know the very many facets of media and communications.

But three usually stand out!

marketing communications which is usually a mix of Public relations, advertising, new media, media buying, media independents and its associations

Journalism which is basically TV, radio and newspaper new reporting, editing, documentary screening and scripting and the likes.

Media enterprise which is basically all about providing content for media houses. Also involves lots of business ideas. Magazine, fashion/showbiz communication, media management etc

Also involved in this field is corporate communication, internal and external comms, media relations (an aspect of PR0.

All the same, it's a lucrative field if you know what you are doing.
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
Emperoh- gbam! !! !!!
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by freakyamanda(f): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thank, apart from d masters, wht other certs nd skills do u need to succeed in the career
Re: Brand And Corporate Communication Forum by Emperoh(m): 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
depends on the career part u choose.
But if IMC, then you will need an Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) certificate and then Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) certification.

NUJ membership is also essential if you intend doing journalism

(1) (Reply)

Fisheries Or Urban And Regional Planning / How Much Do "Cohess03" Earn In Federal Medical Sector? / Learning To Speak Up When You’re From A Culture Of Deference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.