Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Designer Makes Diamond Iphone For £10 Million - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Designer Makes Diamond Iphone For £10 Million (911 Views)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / How Do I Configure My China Phone (fake Iphone) For Internet Use? / Free Mep 0 Reset For 10 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Designer Makes Diamond Iphone For £10 Million by miqos02(m): 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
British luxury designer Stuart Hughes has created a £10 million, solid-gold bodied, diamond-encrusted iPhone 5.
The phone, which underneath its special shell, is no different from any iPhone in terms of hardware components, was commissioned by an unnamed Chinese businessman as his regular day-to-day handset.

Called the Black Diamond because it features a 24-ct black diamond where the home key should be; it also has a solid gold chassis.

If that wasn't enough, it is decorated with what Hughes says are 600 flawless white diamonds set in gold on the back panel, while the Apple logo, now in solid gold takes on a three-dimensional quality and has also been enhanced by the addition of a further 53 diamonds.

One other notable difference, and one that could soon become a reality on all smartphones, is the use of sapphire glass rather than the standard Gorilla Glass to cover the iPhone's display.

Sapphire glass is used to create body armour and only a diamond is stronger or more resistant. However, at current prices, a sheet of such glass costs 10 times more than Gorilla Glass.

Although this was a commission, Hughes is more than happy to produce another Black Diamond, if a consumer has £10 million ($15 million) to spare.The phone, which underneath its special shell, is no different from any iPhone in terms of hardware components, was commissioned by an unnamed Chinese businessman as his regular day-to-day handset.

Called the Black Diamond because it features a 24-ct black diamond where the home key should be; it also has a solid gold chassis.

If that wasn't enough, it is decorated with what Hughes says are 600 flawless white diamonds set in gold on the back panel, while the Apple logo, now in solid gold takes on a three-dimensional quality and has also been enhanced by the addition of a further 53 diamonds.

One other notable difference, and one that could soon become a reality on all smartphones, is the use of sapphire glass rather than the standard Gorilla Glass to cover the iPhone's display.

Sapphire glass is used to create body armour and only a diamond is stronger or more resistant. However, at current prices, a sheet of such glass costs 10 times more than Gorilla Glass.

Although this was a commission, Hughes is more than happy to produce another Black Diamond, if a consumer has £10 million ($15 million) to spare.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/2013/04/15/designer-makes-diamond-iphone-for-10million

Re: Designer Makes Diamond Iphone For £10 Million by RichDad1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Holly Molly!!!!! That's almost #2.5billion. But seriously,putting a #200 SIM card into such phone not amount to stupidity? Anyways, I'm expecting the designer to get me a platinum sim to use with it so I can call God directly to know when the world is coming to an end. cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 5c Is Apple Off Their Rockers????????????????????????????????????? / Tecno Phantom Z Review Beyond Specification / Problems Smartphone Users Face In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.