Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31302 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by cnwamo(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
@op my solution is simple, if you really love the girl and don't want to pay such ridiculous amount simply impregnate her and I assure you when the family finds out, they will beg for 100k as bride price
Mtchew!!!!!! See this maga wan carry 2million dash dem, oga come and fund my RN-BSC online degree I need 3million more but 2million for a start is ok.
Make I send my account number?
Maga!!!!!!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by igweOn(m): 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
nt only five million, na five hundred million too fake abeg. Commot for road mk i pass abeg.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by NemzySeries(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pls aw much does a trailer of cows cost?......dere a beta finz dat amount can b invested in joor!!!!!!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by RKVINTLTD: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hi
The lady love u & u love her. Fine.

My elder advice is, If you can afford the bill please pay & take your wife for ever.

If u do not have the money, just ask your lady to come & spend some days with u for some days & make unlimited love with hot sex like marraton sex, get her pregnant, She will be the one to beg her parents on your behalf, let us see if they will not quickly accept what u can afford.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Ilaje44(m): 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
pDude: Lmao. I will use 2 million to invest in goats and chicken business. It is more valuable than buying an IMO girl for that price

BEREM, what sayeth thou?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Preshnenye(f): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
u are a big lier poster,please if u dont hv better things to post just go and sleep ok.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Mogidi: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dude let me help you and am willing to do this at a fraction of the cost. For that cash I could get you 10 Yoruba girls willing to satisfy your most deviant sexual dream. Hit me up and lets talk.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 10:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mogidi: Dude let me help you and am willing to do this at a fraction of the cost. For that cash I could get you 10 Yoruba girls willing to satisfy your most deviant sexual dream. Hit me up and lets talk.
how sure are you that the op likes yoruba girls?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by dnawah(m): 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
pDude: Lmao. I will use 2 million to invest in goats and chicken business. It is more valuable than buying an IMO girl for that price
if the same girls,no eat chicken & goat pepper soup ur business no go move. gringrin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by dnawah(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
In my vila,u go use dat money,change go remain 2 feed ur wife 4 2 yearsgrin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks
‎u are nothing but a blooooody attention seeker and liar too!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by besticality: 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Thank God say I don tell Blessing say I no deh do again before her parents self go deh ask me for 5m. Ndigbos, una no deh try @ alllll
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

@OP, am Igbo and from Anambra state. The general consensus among Igbo guys in general is never marry an Imo girl unless you have too much money to waste on bride price. Heck, even Imo dudes hardly marry babes from their states because of this issue. They usually ask for huge sums of money in the name of bride price as if they want to recoup all the money they have spent bringing up the lady from birth and they usually try to justify it by saying that their daughters are worth more than what you are asked to pay. My cousin is having her traditional wedding next month to an Imo dude and everything he was asked to bring wasn't even up to 500K. My advice to you is this, put your foot down and ask them to bring it down to less than a million and if they refuse to do (which is the most likely outcome) forget her and move on. True, you might think you don't have time and you probably can't let her go. Trust me, if she really wants to be with you, she will stand by your side when you present your case to her folks.

P.S. Another rule of thumb is that Imo girls tend to spend many years in their father's house because they tend to chase potential hubbys away with the bride price thing. I hope she knows that else let her better find and hook a big fish fast to avoid that fate.
You are a big disgrace τ̲̅ȍ Anambra State!!We have dis-owned you for even believing And giving audience to this cooked up story!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 17, 2013
Kai! Dis naija film script no get part two walahi talahi!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by micmiloz(m): 1:16am On Apr 17, 2013
Biafrannnnnnsssssss grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by realpeople: 1:21am On Apr 17, 2013
Thats a blatant lie
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by holar2ge(m): 2:02am On Apr 17, 2013
Bros,this is not a kind of thing to discuss in this place..u for don see me personally......
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by bosun11(m): 2:56am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan:

Exactly! Or even Dangote/Wizkid.

Davido sef is capable
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by bashydemy(m): 4:42am On Apr 17, 2013
If this story is true then OGUN kill all the family, How on earth will i pay such amount am i mad? so you pay 5milla now and few years she go file for divorce and want to claim or share your property with you crazy dey worry the family. 200k Naira highest.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 17, 2013
chioma134: Liar! My younger brother married from Mbaise November 2012. The parents did not collect a dime as bride price.

Like I said, I could be wrong as we are in an advanced society where everyone is being exposed and educated.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by santafe(m): 5:47am On Apr 17, 2013
@OP

You are a bloody liar and an attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Gudnews1(m): 6:46am On Apr 17, 2013
Bullshit! Who wants 2beliv dat story? Aldou d imo ppl cn b so ruthles in marital charges, bt if dis is true, ditch dat gal nd run 4ur dear life. Our women r worth more dn millions, bt no bride price is worth even a mil... Wht were u evn thinkin, givin d golddiggers 2 mil, I think u shld rada splash it on beggers
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2013
bashy_demy: If this story is true then OGUN kill all the family, How on earth will i pay such amount am i mad? so you pay 5milla now and few years she go file for divorce and want to claim or share your property with you crazy dey worry the family. 200k Naira highest.
BACK TO SENDER
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by MSQUARE28(m): 7:06am On Apr 17, 2013
WHO DOES D PARENT THINK SHE IS, D PRESIDENT GIRL OR WAT DAT'S STUPIDITY. I CLD BET U D LADY KNEW ABT D MONEY
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by mopol2(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2013
good topic .... hope imo people will change these hungry way
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by minijasper03(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2013
Thats a lie,i'm from imo state n i watched the news whereby my governor signed a bill into law that henceforth the bride price in imo shld be put at 5k.so let the authorities knw.ITS FRAUD
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by DBADGUY: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2013
how come you give such false story about people and paint their reputation the wrong colour. its really unfair. am from imo state we dont accept money like that as a bride price rather we issue a list of items to the suitor which could be high depending on the greed of the parents or the kins men. but not 5M, it has never happened. so check ur lies before you post them cos karma will definitely find you. angry angry angry
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Finestlex(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks
. Am from imo state and Orlu precisely... Never heard of a thing like this... When my first sister got married, the bride price was 20k only.. Coupled with the drinks, boxes of clothes, food etc.. The only thing that belonged to the elders were the things on the list ie 4packs of cigarette, one pack of maggi, etc.. My dad took only 2k out of the 20k and gave back 18k to my sister's hubby to take care of her daughter.. So which part of Orlu is your shawtry from?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2013
D BAD GUY: how come you give such false story about people and paint their reputation the wrong colour. its really unfair. am from imo state we dont accept money like that as a bride price rather we issue a list of items to the suitor which could be high depending on the greed of the parents or the kins men. but not 5M, it has never happened. so check ur lies before you post them cos karma will definitely find you. angry angry angry
whats ur point?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2013
After my brother's father-in-law asked for 2 million. My brother told the girl that if he pays that money, none of her family should come to his house after marriage. If they come, he would charge them for the room and any food they eat.
She finally pleaded and it was reduced to 1.2 with kolanut money and other stuffs
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by TonyMonti(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2013
My good friend you dont have problems, forget her. Come to my place, there are alot of beautiful, educated, young and homely girls that will accept your proposal and their parents are willing to collect #20,000 as bride prize.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ladies, When Will You Learn That Already Made Men Will Never Respect You? / "I Can Actually Make Your Boyfriend Mine" - Nigerian Lady / Silifat Wura (Widow Of Oko Oloyun) Remarries 2 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.