Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (39049 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Paris Terrorists Attack / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested / Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by OmoTier1(m): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Boston Marathon hit by explosions 2 dead and 64 injured [/size]

[size=18pt]Video Link to exact time of explosion.[/size]... https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Live: Boston Marathon explosions Live

Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon race have left an unknown number of people injured.

Video and photographs from Boston show a scene of confusion, with emergency services descending on the scene and bloodied spectators being taken to a medical tent.

"There are a lot of people down," said one runner quoted by AP news agency.

The incident reportedly came about three hours after the winners crossed the line.

AP said there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the bridge that marks the finish line. Another loud explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Stragglers heading for the finish line were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

The Eastern Massachusetts branch of the Red Cross has set up a disaster response centre in the area.

Source :http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22160691

Police say two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried on Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

Police wove through competitors as they ran back towards the course.

"There are a lot of people down,'' said one man, whose bib No 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina.

He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg.

A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line.

Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Update : http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/04/2013415191144419266.html

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Tolexander: 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
Maybe the boko things don hit US be that!

Similarities between boston and maiduguri!
Maiduguri(Borno state) north east nigeria.
Boston(massachusett state) north east US

4 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by OmoTier1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
Boko thingz... better watch it... the dark eyes are crawling over the net... cool
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Tsmooth1(m): 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Another plot to spoil Islam name. I knw they would definately blame it on Muslims. Allah knows the best.

45 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by OmoTier1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
T-smooth:
See this one reserving space... is your brain too dull to engage in discussion ?

6 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Goldie20: 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
FBI/CIA Things. lipsrsealed smh

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
THE CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME TO ROOST AND BEING A COUNTRY BOY MYSELF, CHICKENS COMING HOME TO ROOST NEVER MADE ME SAD, IN FACT IT MADE ME GLAD

3 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
If a White dude is responsible, its not a terrorist attack! Its only a terrorist attack if a muslim/arab is responsible.

6 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Tolexander: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Viewing this topic:
Omo_Tier1(m), Seun(m),
Joeadamu86, T-smooth(m),
OAM4J, Dr. Joe(m), hustla242 and
18 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by omolara512(f): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Fucking hell, that shit is all over my tv

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Morgan1092(m): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
T-smooth:
Another plot to spoil Islam name. I knw they would definately blame it on Muslims. Allah knows the best.
I d laf *in Obj's voice*

3 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Too bad. My thought are with the injured and their families.
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by coogar: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
engineerd: If a White dude is responsible, its not a terrorist attack! Its only a terrorist attack if a muslim/arab is responsible.

political undertones have to be behind violence to make it terrorism. most times, white dudes just lose their senses and kill people with no attempt to achieve any political goal!

5 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Salex007(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
Thank God it is not NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by mike404(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Religion of piss students @ work

2 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by 50calibre(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Seeing it in TV now. Looks like al Qaeda don strike again.
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by OmoTier1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
How weird that this is happening on the day North Korea is celebrating their Founder's birthday , yet no rocket went of in North Korea but bombs going off in the US Could this be the small miniaturized nuclear bomb they were referring to?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
See this one reserving space... is your brain too dull to engage in discussion ?
he is after first and second to comment tins
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by armyofone(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
I try to stay away from gatherings.
may God help the injured.
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Bonapart(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
T-smooth:
my friend will u shut upsad every story tells must involve totoise

7 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
Waiting for those BIGOTS that will say its the work of Al Qaeda and SIGNS of END TIME __I pray that those that were injured should get well soon.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by kcpumpin(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
North Korean rhetorics really roaming about my mind. Get out of mind joh. Silly
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by iamswizz(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
boko
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
More pics

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by JeSoul(f): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
Damn. And to think I was contemplating going to watch today. Decided not to cos I didn't want to deal with the traffic. Wow. This is messed up.

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by brownlord: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
Thank God say them never stamp my US visa, chai where man won run go now, boko haram dey bomb nigeria, my step father land, even my father land wey i be won go dem still go bomb, see yawa

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by theripper2: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
T-smooth:

Dem never start football match, u don dey shout offside. Oya na Mormons . U don happy now? Guilty conscience.

57 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by armyofone(m): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
JeSoul: Damn. And to think I was contemplating going to watch today. Decided not to cos I didn't want to deal with the traffic. Wow. This is messed up.

Thank goodness you stayed at home.

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by pekelepekele(m): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
choi see what science has brought to the world . After they discovered how to make guns they didn't stop there , They went further by creating bombs and from bombs to atomic bombs . I am sure one day they will create the one that will wipe off the whole world
Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by neyyo: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=20pt]Hope say North Korea never go find trouble? Ehen me I dey talk my own now ooo! [/size]

1 Like

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
THE ILLUMATI HAVE SAY NO TO OBAMA SOUL MICROCHIP, AND GOING BOOM ON NEWS IN SEXY SEUN PANT! SAY NO TO TEMPTING SLIMYEM IN ORDER TO BE BIG BUDDHA BRA!

2 Likes

Re: 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? by OmoTier1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
More Pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Zimbabwe's Mr. Ugly 2012 Reclaims Title / Kenyan Soldiers Give A Thirsty Buffalo Water To Drink (Photos) / Four Of The Youngest World Leaders In One Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.