Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? (25477 Views)

Pampers Vs Napkin / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by jpcomrade: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
I have seen children of different ages using pampers without knowing when actually they should stop,is it a thing of discretion for the parent to determine when their children should stop or what do the health experts recommend as the right time to stop children from using it.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by kilimanjaro(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Me too wana know

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by SisiKill1: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
The day you send them to go bring their own diaper and they do it, it is time to stop. cheesy cheesy

But for real age, I'd say about 2 years old. You can start by halfsies i.e introduce them to normal underwear during the day and at night let them wear diaper. Should you decide to do this. . .be ready to work with them on potty training. Some people think you can just put a child in underwear and viola. . .they are potty trained. Nah Uhn! Nope! It ain't magic. . .no matter what them diapers marketers try to tell you.

So before you buy that underwear and chuck the diaper. . .make sure you are ready to go the distance. The last thing you wanna do is confuse the child by doing it half-assed.

15 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
Really hard to tell.depends on individual child development,I think.

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
Sisi_Kill: The day you send them to go bring their own diaper and they do it, it is time to stop. cheesy cheesy

But for real age, I'd say about 2 years old. You can start by halfsies i.e introduce them to normal underwear during the day and at night let them wear diaper. Should you decide to do this. . .be ready to work with them on potty training. Some people think you can just put a child in underwear and viola. . .they are potty trained. Nah Uhn! Nope! It ain't magic. . .no matter what them diapers marketers try to tell you.

So before you buy that underwear and chuck the diaper. . .make sure you are ready to go the distance. The last thing you wanna do is confuse the child by doing it half-assed.

Very well said Sisi . . . cool cool

4 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
No definite time to stop,once he still pees and poops on himself,I keep the pampers on him.Is better to start potty training early if you have the time,If not,the child has to be on pampers till he is old enough to comply to instructions.

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Winners72(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
It really depend on the child's development. Some children @ a tender age of 1+ already know wen to wee and toilet. Why some @ 3 still don't become conscious of their toilet habits. So it depends buh on the average, I will say 2 years.

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by ZACHIE: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
Now, get it right. It is not Pampers. The correct word is diapers.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Na una dey make Ghanians dey yab us

13 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by devour129: 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Really hard to tell.depends on individual child development,I think.
you are right but it also includes the commitment of the parents.some parents just careless and even at that some kids still wean themselves our of there diaper .some parents believe is the day care duty to wean the kids so they don't bother.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Dygeasy(m): 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
Study your kids closely and properly. You just might discover some G.A..Y traits in him. If that's the case, forget it, he's gonna need pampers for a long time yet to come.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by coalcoal1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
I think it depends on the child and the kind of potty training received from the parents especially the mum. I must give kudos to my wife for that. (we saved plenty money ...lol)
My first daughter stopped using diapers at a year and 4 months. We taught her how to make signs and she adapted perfectly. My other two kids stopped at a year and 6 months.

I remember when we visited a friend when my first daughter was still a year and 4 months and we asked to use the toilet for my daughter. They were surprised my daughter could make signs while their 3 year old boy still uses diapers

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by souleymon(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2013
ZACHIE: Now, get it right. It is not Pampers. The correct word is diapers.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Na una dey make Ghanians dey yab us

Does it Matter, We Speak Better English than them

4 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by MMM2(m): 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
When ever d baby wants 2 stop use pampers cry
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by ZACHIE: 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
souleymon:

Does it Matter, We Speak Better English than them

ahahahha
me i no know ooooo

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by zeefever: 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
The right age is when he/she is ready to get married.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by benswagtt(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
grin as 4 boys na wen d kokolo don big
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by MEILYN(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
na wen d pikin stop to shitt nd piss nah

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
Some are not really the pampers but the trainers to introduce the child into a life of no pampers . . . Till a child stop wetting bed, not easy to decide when to stop and it is an individual thing, some kids stops early while it took some longer, but parents helping the kid with potty training helps a lot.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by benswagtt(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
grin op u sef u get tym o. Ask momsi wen sh stop u 4rm usin am na
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Soso990240(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
Op whch kind questionin be dis? even at my age,i still de use pampers..bt only wen i get runnin stomach.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
Every child is different
Every child matures at a different pace so it is hard to pin an age as the right age to end this or start that
Every observant parent will know when the child is ready to move on to the next phase

The question should have been " what is the right age to start potty training"
IMHO,18-24 months is a good time to start

When the child actually gets out of diapers completely is a function of the child and how firm and consistent the potty training exercise is
The method for potty training is the subject of another thread altogether

Mothers should not feel overwhelmed because the neighbors kid is now walking while yours is still crawling

My two cents

5 Likes

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by mysticgal(f): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
the age of two should be a good age to stop wearing diapers,by then the baby should know how to make signs of i want to use the toilet.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by ozodimgba(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
What in the first place necessitated the use of pampers? Is it not because the child was too young to alert the parents or whosever, that he or she needs convenince? So the child should stop using pampers the day he or she can be able to let his or her parents or whosoever taking care of him or her that he or her needs convenient and should be directed appropriately. For me i dont see any need for medical expert's advice as pampers is used necesarily for conveniece instead of medical reasons.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by mumumugu(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
I still use pampers. It makes my ass fat. And sexy
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by denzel2009: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
Gay people use it till dey peme
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by jydessd(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
when a child develops the habits of being uneasy with the diapers usually at age of 2-3 years
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by alstacs(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
coal_coal: I think it depends on the child and the kind of potty training received from the parents especially the mum. I must give kudos to my wife for that. (we saved plenty money ...lol)
My first daughter stopped using diapers at a year and 4 months. We taught her how to make signs and she adapted perfectly. My other two kids stopped at a year and 6 months.

I remember when we visited a friend when my first daughter was still a year and 4 months and we asked to use the toilet for my daughter. They were surprised my daughter could make signs while their 3 year old boy still uses diapers

This your 4 month old must be an angel to be making signs at that age.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
alstacs:

This your 4 month old must be an angel to be making signs at that age.

Ha ha ha ha . . . You mean oh.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by favouredseed(f): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
When the child can communicate , then gradually teach him how to use d potty.
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by DICKtator: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hey!!! GAEMEN/Gaybriels uses pampers!!!
They don't outgrow that Poo(no pun intended)
grin grin grin grin
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by DJDOLA(m): 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
MEILYN: na wen d pikin stop to shitt nd piss nah
wat is d meanin of dis?
Re: When Should A Child Stop Using Pampers? by Kolade9(m): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
At 38

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Save My Marriage / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.