Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

What is a 'Good' Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What is a 'Good' Job? (6409 Views)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) / Help Me To Get A Good Job And You Get My 1st 1year Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
I've heard people describe a Good job in several ways. Which of these describes it best:

A. One dat pays the bill
B. One dat has a Good job security
C. One dat gives u career fulfilment
D. One dat gives u tym for other things
E. One dat increases ur competency
F. One dat gives ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ more than I can spend in a month
G. A combination of any two above
H. none of the above.

Which of these is ur current job, then which one is a 'Good' job?
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
The least a Good job can be is A and D
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Lagusta(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
Is it called a good job, a dream job or an ideal job

Because all those options make up the dream or ideal job, which can never exist....

Well, to me a good job entails all of the above except E,G and H. I can build my competence myself in other fields....
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
Lagusta: Is it called a good job, a dream job or an ideal job

Because all those options make up the dream or ideal job, which can never exist....

Well, to me a good job entails all of the above except E,G and H. I can build my competence myself in other fields....

Hmmnn, a dream job will not a generic description, cos it will vary as much as the world's working class population.

A Good job should provide basic life needs.
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Lagusta(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
leatherman:

Hmmnn, a dream job will not a generic description, cos it will vary as much as the world's working class population.

A Good job should provide basic life needs.

on point tho...
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Phonon: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
One that utilizes your skills and talents to the optimum and pays you an amount commensurate with your efforts.

2 Likes

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
Phonon: One that utilizes your skills and talents to the optimum and pays you an amount commensurate with your efforts.

True that! Ehhmmm, but in most companies, those at d bottom of the organogram work more but gets paid lesser than those higher on the organogram. Is certificate or experience d effort u're talking about here?
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Phonon: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2013
Well,those at the bottom of the organogram have to work a lot to make their boss's life easy.Of course,you would do all the physical work but the decision-making responsibility lies with someone higher.You might not be paid as much as your boss considering all your work but when the 's*** hits the fan',your boss would be taking a greater hit.In the end,the experience garnered doing the work will provide monetary rewards eventually.

swtchicgurl:

True that! Ehhmmm, but in most companies, those at d bottom of the organogram work more but gets paid lesser than those higher on the organogram. Is certificate or experience d effort u're talking about here?

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by swtchicgurl: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
Phonon: Well,those at the bottom of the organogram have to work a lot to make their boss's life easy.Of course,you would do all the physical work but the decision-making responsibility lies with someone higher.You might not be paid as much as your boss considering all your work but when the 's*** hits the fan',your boss would be taking a greater hit.In the end,the experience garnered doing the work will provide monetary rewards eventually.

True

2 Likes

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Freiburger(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2013
A good job is one that after paying your bills, you still got enough to put aside for the raining days, anything less than that is slavery.

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by aminho(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2013
You are nice in bed
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Damojo: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Any job that allows me to wake up at 7am, avoid 3MB traffic, wear jeans and T-shirt, close at 5:30pm, gives me the opportunity to travel round the world on study tours and puts over 8M/annum is a good job. God bless GE!

2 Likes

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by buklan4realyah(f): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2013
A good job is the job that is very convenient for staffs,
resume by 8am nd close by 4pm
salary is very very ok for taking care of the family
go for leave at d appropriate time..

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2013
DOING WHAT YOU LOVE

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by stevebond007(m): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2013
In ibo man's lang --- "oyel compaNy"

1 Like

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by eforce: 9:11am On Apr 17, 2013
A good job
A- {pays the bills}This doesn't make it a good job, a lot of people work in places that pay the bills but are under stress and robbed of their happiness.
B-{ has a good job security} Yes! You can have the job has long as you want too, but this however might hinder you from taking on bigger challenges in life especially if you are making a living only from that Job.
C-{gives career fulfilment} yes! a career is what you have purposed to pursue in life, if the job is in that particular line of career that aligns with your destiny then yes, otherwise, a career development in something that isn't priority for you is a waste of time.
D- {one that gives you time for other things} Yes! if those other things are actually what you love to do and want to eventually do otherwise , you wouldn't any other time apart from family time from a good job that is meant for you.
E is the same as C, F is the same as A.

Seeing a job in the right light is very essential for youth development and destiny fulfillment as we have to constantly ask ourselves certain questions any time we receive a job offer. Here are such questions.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/03/job-offer-questions-to-ask-yourself.html
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by tellwisdom: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2013
Good job, is when people like cecilia ibru,akingbola, deducts our money into her own account to amount in billions undecided
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by MrUzo: 9:14am On Apr 17, 2013
D one that pays my bill and give me less stress

This dog is for sale oo

3 Likes

Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 17, 2013
A good job is defined as "entrepreneurship" i.e doing and following ur passion without giving a blEep abt society and its allies.
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2013
A to F answers the question.
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by oluomad(m): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2013
All of the above!!
A good job should be able to provide your needs all the time, buy u a car, pay ur bills, train ur childdren, build u a house!!
But achieving these things depends on the financial education the individual has, someone can still be earning little yet turn it to a fortune!!
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by oluomad(m): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2013
Mr.Uzo:

This dog is for sale oo

Oga carrry ur dog enta market na! Stop wasting spaces here! The time u waste here, if u go to market u will have many customers! Pls stop wasting spaces here! Thanks
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by 4tunebest(f): 9:32am On Apr 17, 2013
'C' is the most important for me. Even if I can afford to pay my bills but not fulfilled on the job, then it ain't worth it for me. There is more to life than money. Fulfillment counts
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2013
b and f
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Jaysleeves(m): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2013
Cute dogs
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by 32D: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=14pt]A good job is ANY job that can help u meet ur financial obligations and at the same time propel u towards fulfilling ur career goal and aspiration.[/size]
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2013
WHY DO HUMANS WANT DOGS ? THESE ARE FILTHY BEASTS THAT BELONG IN THE FOREST SOMEWHERE. JUST BECAUSE THE WHITE MAN DOMESTICATED THE BEASTS AND KEEP THEM DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME. THEY ARE CALLED JACKALS IN ANCIENT DAYS. THE BEASTS BELONG IN THE JUNGLE NOT IN YOUR HOUSE
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2013
How many of you get Good Job ? Ya all working for Nairaland.. Jobless Nigerians
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2013
Mr.Uzo:

This dog is for sale oo

UZO na only you get good job here.. How much?
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2013
Amnesty and politics re d best paying job un nija for now
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2013
ighoosagie: Amnesty and politics re d best paying job un nija for now
Militants re paid #100,000,
Boko haram will be paid #75,000,
Nysc corp members re paid #19800,
Re: What is a 'Good' Job? by Kaymisola(f): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2013
You are so wrong! D is a definitn of a good job...you don't hv to leave home too early, close very late plus u still have tym for oda jobs...n stil make yur money! author=leatherman]The least a Good job can be is A and D[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtb Recruiting / Latest On Immigration,prisons And Customs! / Job Vacancies In Nigeria For Ond Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.