Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,896 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level (19993 Views)

Which Set Of University Students Study The Hardest (most) / Would You Study The Same Course Again? / Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by AjanleKoko: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2013
gudugudumeje: NUC / Okebukola /OBJ followed it with the mistake of private univs;

Private university system in Nigeria is not so bad. I think with time, they will evolve properly, the junk ones will collapse, and the very good ones will rise to the fore. Mind you, they're not responsible for setting the agenda; government is. They just want to provide a viable alternative for young Nigerians who are hopelessly screwed by the public education system.
Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by SBabaJ(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
The Assertion That Most Nigerian Undergrads Study The Wrong Majors Is True. A Victim Myself, Due To The Fact That My Dad Excelled In The Sciences And He Would Have Me No Where Else But The Sciences, Even Though My Interests/Aptitude As A Child Were Different. The Only Way Out I Know, Which I Employed, Is To Give Whatever Major You're Studying Your Very Best. Do Whatever You Can, Legitimately, To Excel There(After All, It's For 4,5 or 6 Years.). Changing Course Thereafter Is Easier Than Otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by hipinnacle: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
the onus and responsibility is on us as individual. we need to ensure with all the tenacity and talent embedded in us to create our own part. I wouldn't agree less that Nigeria government is one woe altering destinies but nevertheless, this should make us stronger and rise to the occasion.

Also, ur course of study is not and will never be a determinant of one's progression in life. we should not get confused about it; school is just for exposure and knowledge and its not meant to shape our destinies. u are not a victim of what you studied but u are a victim of how wrongly you apply it to ur life.

This assertion of many young ones and graduates alike getting confused and molding things up on the course they study and their career life spur me to write a career tips for fresh graduates and undergraduates; you can check it out and read to ur delight; http://startandgrowrich.com/hot-career-insight/two-terrific-reasons-why-you-still-remain-jobless-and-under-employed-since-graduating-1st-series-74.html

or go to www.startandgrowrich.com to get direction to your career journey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2013
hipinnacle: the onus and responsibility is on us as individual. we need to ensure with all the tenacity and talent embedded in us to create our own part. I wouldn't agree less that Nigeria government is one woe altering destinies but nevertheless, this should make us stronger and rise to the occasion.

I love that, as long as we see obstacles and dont see them as a tool to propel us to our destinies, we will continue to wallow in pity and yet do nothing about it.
Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by yinks26: 4:44pm On May 03, 2013
Sir I cm acros one of your old topics,am an elect elect engrn student,am abt to strt my IT bt aftr ridin your topic,I realisd I ws makin a bg mistk regardin my motive of workin wia I wntd to work cs I'm evn. Very poor in practicals,so sir I wnt u to hlp me wit places I cn gt ril bg tym practical knwldge in lagos.I'll b very grateful.....y.akindele@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by betaessays: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by LordIsaac(m): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nice one OP. Just liƙe other Nigerian students, I am currently taking a seconɗ ɗegree. The system, eɗucation structure, taƙes away not less than 4years of your life. Well, I thinƙ Goɗ ƙnows whƴ. The whole thing starteɗ when I was born a Nigerian. So I will ƙeep on pushing till his will for me even here comes to pass.
Re: Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level by Alphaman007: 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year / NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing / Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.