Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:20 AM

Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land (11241 Views)

Omosede Igbinedion Empowers Women With Sewing Machines & Cash - Photos / Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / FG Revokes Licences Of ABC Transport Courier, Nine Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by EkoIle1: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2013

Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land

Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomhole announced the immediate revocation of thousands of hectares of land in Ofada town held by the Esama of Benin and father of ex-governor Lucky Igbinedion, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion. iReports-ng.com learnt that the governor is miffed over reports that Igbinedion gave the hectares of land ceded to him by government out to commercial farmers who in turn pay annual rents in millions of naira to him.

[b]The farmers on the land recently complained to the governor of incessant harrassment by Chief Igbinedion over delays in the payment of rents which they have been paying for years. The withdrawal of the land measuring 101,548 hectares from individuals who failed to meet the terms for which the land was dereserved for them, especially the Benin high chief and others in his shoes was announced today in a statement signed by Major Lawrence Loye (rtd), Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Public Utilities.

The statement reads: “this is to inform the general public that Edo State Government has approved the revocation of all parcels of land measuring 101,548 hectares dereserved in the Forest Reserves for the purpose for which they were released to the beneficiaries.

“Under this administration, it is unacceptable for any person or bodies to use land released to them for purposes other than for which it was dereserved.

“All Cocoa farmers and other farmers currently farming on the dereserved land and paying royalties or land rent to individuals or third parties are hereby directed to stop such payments forthwith.

“The said Cocoa farmers and other farmers are hereby further directed to contact the Honorable Commissioner for Environment and Public Utilities for regularization of their stay in the aforesaid land.

“It therefore becomes an offence to intimidate or harass persons that are currently farming on the said revoked land as such will be visited with the full wrath of the law.”[/b]

http://ireports-ng.com/2013/04/16/oshiomhole-revokes-igbinedion-others-101548-hectares-of-land/
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
WOW!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Na me be this?!! shocked shocked shocked

Omo no be joke o! shocked shocked shocked shocked

So this juju work?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Mua!! onye i'zizi i'kwu okwu na thread a.k.a 1st to comment!!!! shocked shocked

Chukwu Nna idi ebube.. Ekene diri gi!! Otito diri gi.. In short, idi 3 much..

Sorry!! @ Topic!!

But why?! angry

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by BlackPeni5: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
Time to buy mine...but wait, it might be revoked again.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
ok
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by seanet01: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nice move.
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by omoodeogere(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
and me too
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by hrmkz: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Where two elephants fight..the grass suffers.
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by rozayx5(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
ok
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by EASY39(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
e ku ise oluwa
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by bakila: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Okija_juju: WOW!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Sorry!! @ Topic!!

But why?! angry

Wetin idi do you now. Na person name be that.
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by 32D: 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
[size=14pt]well done governor, pls do more by revoking his chieftaincy titles, close down his university too, let him know nothing lasts forever [/size]

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
SimonAndal: HE WANTS TO GROW FEMALE PARTS FOR USE IN SEXY STEW. ILLUMATI MUST ENTER SEXY SEUN PANT!

Simon - what is the meaning of this?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
32-D:
[size=14pt]well done governor, pls do more by revoking his chieftaincy titles, close down his university too, let him know nothing lasts forever [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Okijajuju1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Keneking:

Simon - what is the meaning of this?

Dont tell me that you didnt know that Simon is wanted by all the Federal, State and local government agencies for escaping from Yaba left!!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by trix1: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2013

Sorry!! @ Topic!!

But why?! angry

I find it hard to believe you are almost 40!

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by abdulrahman1984: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
nice move. i luv osho baba 4 that
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
trix!:

I find it hard to believe you are almost 40!

Hahahahahaaaaaaa grin

Dude lighten up!!

40 or not, Life is too short not to enjoy!!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by ZUBY77(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2013

Sorry!! @ Topic!!

But why?! angry

Now i understand why maclatunji and sexkillz banned you
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Good! Go Mr governor. At least somebody is not afraid to carry out his duty to rid off past leader stolen properties. I am in support of your action.
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Nacl: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
GOD HELP THE COMMON MAN ON THE STREET.. NIGERIA HAS BEEN SOLD! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by 32D: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

why i no go hate juju master
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Abok1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2013

This show of respect to the masses ahead of some individuals who believe they are lords over others, is highly commendable, considering the calibre of people involved.
This to me is the true meaning of democracy which should be government for the people, not for some group of selfish individuals, who are already comfortable and making millions in profit, and rather than being satisfied with what they have, they would rather collect the little from the poor masses.

A classic example of the rich feeding fat and getting richer at the expense of the poor.

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Capnd143(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Oshio well dawn! Next please.
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Angel778(f): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Good move!
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Gennyz(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
am happy to hear tht
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by kadree(m): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
If U̶̲̥̅̊ like sef,revoke dat him mustache wey e D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ take sieve beer.we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ in support of U̶̲̥̅̊,we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ur back like shell.
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dis is d best tin osho has done in his 2nd tenure. 85% of all land @ okada & its evirons is owned by d esama. Nice move bro!!
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by free2ryhme: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
Lets see hw it lasts
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by henryadex(m): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
The i million hectares of land belonging to OBJ in Abuja needs immediate revocation and the one he illegally took by decree at Ota
Re: Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land by DonaldGenes(m): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
seanet01: Nice move.
Seconded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Serving Senators, Ex Govs Pass Vote Of Confidence On Modu Sheriff / Fuel Scarcity May Hit Lagos, Other South-west States Today - Daily Independent / FCT Minister Suspends Mining, Quarrying Activities In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.