Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari (16299 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare / I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 18, 2013
National Mirror 18th april, 2013 -

Former Head of State and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in 2011 elections, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday declared that he would contest the 2015 presidential election.

He promised not to disappoint Nigerians if voted him as president.

Buhari said he would embark on the desired transformation, stressing that the elections of 2003, 2007 and 2011 lacked fairness “as people’s votes were not allowed to count.”

He noted that this was responsible for lack of meaningful development in the country.

Buhari, therefore, urged the electorate to ensure that their votes count in the elections and engage in grassroots mobilisation for credible persons to be voted into positions of leadership.

The ex-head of state, who stated this yesterday during the North-West Zonal CPC Contact and Mobilisation Committee meeting in Kaduna, said that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had almost destroyed the entire system in the country.

He stressed that urgent actions were needed to put the country back on the right track to bring dividends of democracy to the people.

Buhari, who is also the Chairman of the CPC Board of Trustees, BoT, urged the party faithful and Nigerians to support the All Progressives Congress, APC, a coalition of political parties determined to wrestle power from the PDP.

“In 2015, if given the mandate, I will uphold your trust,” he added.

Earlier, the National Coordinator of the Contact and Mobilisation Committee, Senator Solomon Ewuga, said the North-West meeting was aimed at sensitising party members to the planned merger and appoint committee members for the zone.

He said that the Kaduna State CPC governorship candidate in 2011 elections, Alhaji Haruna Sa’eed, would be the North-West Zonal Chairman of the Contact and Mobilisation Committee, while the state chairman, Ahmadu Yaro Coca-Cola is the State Coordinator.

Ewuga, however, urged the party members to ensure that the merger talks became a reality.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by obisage(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2013
i know Buhari can not afford not to stop contesting.
sometimes i wish he could be given like 1 yr trial period to rule Nigeria.
because he has cried enough,
sometimes he crys as though the transformation of Nigeria only lies in his hands

16 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2013
You have my vote Sir, I would campaign for you like i did in 2011 for the future of our children.

Btw
Hilarious name
Ahmadu Yaro Coca-Cola

28 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by alfaman2: 8:09am On Apr 18, 2013
Obiagelli: You have my vote Sir, I would campaign for you like i did in 2011 for the future of our children.

Btw
Hilarious name
Ahmadu Yaro Coca-Cola

Another lost soul.

29 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2013
Old man!! Nigerians would never vote you in, just use your time and money for other meaninful things sir! As for the post of president,you won't smell it again. We are tired of picking from the recycling bin. Fresh,young and energetic individuals like Obama e tal abounds in the country and we are ready to vote for them. Sir with boldness and due respect to you,I urge you to retire from active politics and face your family biko. We dont want 70 years and above in power again

34 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 18, 2013
Buhari is a failure
He will remain a failure.
Even if he contests again, he would still fail!
I have no business with failures.
Clueless boko haram sponsor undecided

28 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Super1759: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2013
tufiakwa!!!
Abomination that buhari will step into aso rock..

21 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by TableLeg(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2013
alfaman2:

Another lost soul.

How is she a lost soul?

You and your ilks are one of the problems hindering Nigeria's progress ....

Someone came up here to declare her intention to vote and campaign for Buhari, and you are saying she is a lost soul?

What crime is she committing?

Fu...cking pleb!

34 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Omexonomy: 8:21am On Apr 18, 2013
If nigerian fails to bring buhari into power nigeria will be consume by BOKO HARAM and DOG and BABOON WILL SOAK IN BLOOD. Civil strife and fury will encumber all of nigeria. All in all in the name of of Osama bin Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by vizboy(m): 8:22am On Apr 18, 2013
Since he his the only candidate that APC can come up with instead of people like fashola or oshiobaba. I would rather vote clueless GEJ that these old Rag. THE DEVIL I KNOW IS BETTER THAN THE ANGEL I DONT KNOW

10 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 18, 2013
This is a good news to all nigerians. Congrat to GEJ. We can't afford to vote any religious bigot and a man who truncated democratically elected govt in 1983. Congrat to team Goodluck and to all Nigerians. God bless us all.

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by ayox2003: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2013
"This man will never stop contesting. What kind of person are we dealing with here? I know he doesn't have a swiss account and his reputation is strong but we must use the media, religion and tribalism to nail him. Let's deploys all our full resources to taint his image once again, while we appear clean, godly and attend religion gatherings. Note: Henceforth, all religious gatherings MUST be attended. We also know Boko Haram is a burning issue in the minds of Nigerians, we must use it as a tool to rope him and the north. Let's nail this man once and for all." - Chairman 40 Laptops Campaign committee.

Frawzey

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by dridowu: 8:27am On Apr 18, 2013
2015 is a matter of daz. We will c
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Super1759: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2013
this is the problem we have in nigeria. Why are we this power-hungry? Instead of working with the govt to better our nation.
Buhari has never shown any interest in the insurgency we are suffering from.
He is just planning how to get aso rock or kill people to get it by-force...
We don't need recycling of old fooooools.
Buhari has nothing to offer that we don't have.
He will be respected more if he becomes an elder-states man.
What is his input in the ongoing insecurity issue?
What is input in the decay of infrastructure?
What is his input in the religion fracas?
What is his input to settle or reduce rate of unemployment.
He is just power hungry to come and suck the remaining blood and scope his own loot. No anymore man

16 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Toktee(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2013
alfaman2:

Another lost soul.
No you are a lost soul cos you have no direction in your life,can you point out the acheivement of the person you vote for in the last election;i pity ur generation yet unborn

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by ochukoccna: 8:34am On Apr 18, 2013
ayox2003: "This man will never stop contesting. What kind of person are we dealing with here? I know he doesn't have a swiss account and his reputation is strong but we must use the media, religion and tribalism to nail him. Let's deploys all our full resources to taint his image once again, while we appear clean, godly and attend religion gatherings. Note: Henceforth, all religious gatherings MUST be attended. We also know Boko Haram is a burning issue in the minds of Nigerians, we must use it as a tool to rope him and the north. Abati and Okupe, do your thing. Let's nail this man once and for all. PDP! Power! PDP!! Power!! PDP!!! Power!!!" - Chairman PDP 2015 Campaign committee.

Frawzey
Why are you leaking PDP strategies on NL? undecided cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 18, 2013
Just imagine the president of America in 1984 coming back to re-contest again in 2013. Ditto other progressive nations. Buhari contesting elections again will be the height of STUPIDITY.

In addition if someone who shed tears and vowed never to re-contest elections again cannot to stand by his words, how can we trust him in other things?

22 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 18, 2013
Why did Buhari overthrow a Democratically Elected Government of Shagari ?

A: He was born to rule, and to rule again.
B: He is a nominated Boko Haram negotiator
C: He promised to make the country ungovernable and promised tears and blood.
D: He is Ayatollah Ibn Mohamed
E: All of Above.

18 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 18, 2013
Some fools are already asking for the achievements of the person we voted in power in 2011. Well, though these achievements stare them in the face, the ACN/CPC e-cockroaches have continued to live in DENIAL. Nonetheless, we'll continue to remind them of these achievements, which include:

1 Electoral Reforms: before GEJ came to power, elections in Nigeria were shamelessly and brazenly rigged. GEJ came to power and immediately instituted a clean up of our electoral system. Whereas in the past it was unthinkable for the ruling PDP or incumbents (that have not fallen out of favour with Abuja) to lose elections, elections are now fairly contested with possibility of opposition parties winning. As at the last count, opposition parties, under this new dispensation, won state gubernatorials elections in Anambra (2010), Nasarawa, Ogun, Oyo, Edo (2012), Ondo,etc and several legislative elections.

2 Electric Power Supply: The govt of GEJ inherited a seriously challenged power sector. The average power generation as at 2009/2010 was below 3,000 megawatts
http://www.nasirschronicles.com/?p=85 http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4224&Itemid=42

GEJ immediately went to work using a well thought out Power Road as the template to transform the sector. The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), the regulator of the sector, which was previously unknown, has been reformed with energetic and credible leadership and is now a house-hold name. The 17 successor PHCN companies are being privatised in an unprecedented transparent process. The Transmission Company of Nigeria has been concessioned to Manitoba while the Bulk Purchaser has been created to buy power in bulk from power private power generation companies and engender confidence for private sector participation in the sector. The NIPP projects (power plants, distribution and transmission facilities) and gas projects are being pursued with renewed vigour and urgency to bring many of them to quick completion.

Power generation peaked at 4,500 megawatts late last yr. About 1,000 megawatts was lost 2wks ago due to maintenance works on some gas pipelines but the maintenance works is over and power generation is now at over 4,000 megawatts with expectation of reaching 4,600 megawatts in the next few days.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129989-nigerian-power-generation-rises-above-4000mw.html

3 Road Sector: though the govt inherited a network of dilapidated federal roads, it has intervened massively in the sector. Many of the ongoing projects the govt inherited have been brought to COMPLETION, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).

Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; and the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc

Bad portions on almost all federal roads all over the country, not mentioned above, were fixed under a massive intervention called Project Safe Passage. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Enugu-Portharcourt roads were among roads that received attention under Project Safe Passage.

4 Aviation: massive re-modelling of Airports have taken place in just under 2yrs. These Airports include Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos, Kano, Yola, Jos, PH, Kaduna, Calabar, Lagos and Abuja.

Also cargo terminals are being built in select Airports, building of international Airport terminals, etc,etc

5 Rail Transport System: Only recently the Lagos-Kano rail line was completed and commissioned. The govt spent a whopping N24billion to rehabilitate and restore the Lagos-Kano rail line after decades of dilapidation.
http://www.nanngronline.com/section/general/fg-spends-n243bn-on-rehabilitation-of-railway-track-md

Other massive interventions in the rail sector include:

**Inter-city passenger train services have been introduced in Minna-Kaduna route, Kaduna-Kano route and Kano-Nguru route; while intra-city services are already operational in Lagos, Kaduna and Kano states.

The Minna-Kaduna route for instance generates about N500,000 per trip up from initial N14,000 per trip when train services started along that route about a year ago.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116884-nigeria-railway-generates-n500-000-per-trip-on-minna-kaduna-route.html

6 Education: the education sector has seen some stability compared to the past (reduced strikes). 12 brand new federal universities have been created,etc,etc

For more https://www.nairaland.com/1183538/jonathan-working-haters-talking-new

For pictures https://www.nairaland.com/1190163/dump-pictures-video-federal-govt (as at late last yr)

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 18, 2013
But Wait ohhhh, I have been shouting

Buhari/Fashola

Wot bout

Buhari/Oshiomole of Edo

For those of you saying you want PDP out but you don't want Buhari are only deceiving yourselves.

He's d only one dat has a grassroots support worth "12M peeps from his core North.

Imagine winning d whole SW n a Few SE for him

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by harmless011: 8:39am On Apr 18, 2013
Buhari why can't you groom a younger nigerian and support him for 2015, must everything be about you. You are 70 and above you deserve to retire from active politics.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Super1759: 8:42am On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Why did Buhari overthrow a Democratically Elected Government of Shagari ?

A: He was born to rule, and to rule again.
B: He is a nominated Boko Haram negotiator
C: He promised to make the country ungovernable and promised tears and blood.
D: He is Ayatollah Ibn Mohamed
E: All of Above.
E

1 Like

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by ochukoccna: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Just imagine the president of America in 1984 coming back to re-contest again in 2013. Ditto other progressive nations. Buhari contesting elections again will be the height of STUPIDITY.

In addition if someone who shed tears and vowed never to re-contest elections again cannot to stand by his words, how can we trust him in other things?
Shut up there you gaseous windbag
He said 2011 was the last elections he would contest for but he didn't VOW?
What of your principal who said so and even has a written agreement to that effect but is now speaking gibberish through Abati,Gulak, Okupe and your likes aka laptop squad
Ebele who went on national TV to deny PDP's internal zoning arranement yet hounded the Reps for breaking it too by electing Tambuwal over Akande is now trustworthy?
If he has something to offer over this corrupt,inept,visionless and nepotistic dunderhead from the creeks,let him run
RUN BUHARI RUN
SAI BUHARI

14 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2013
. I wonder what makes this Man think MATURED MINDED NIGERIANS would vote for him
With due respect Sir,contest for the position of Governor of Your STATE.Maybe some ill thinking indigenes of your state might Vote for You!!!

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Ikology(m): 8:49am On Apr 18, 2013
alfaman2:

Another lost soul.
Look beyond her moniker bro, and you will not be disappointed
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 18, 2013
Oya now!
Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Temismith(f): 8:49am On Apr 18, 2013
No be only to run for presidency, fly join am

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by Lilimax(f): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Obiagelli: You have my vote Sir, I would campaign for you like i did in 2011 for the future of our children.

Buhari have contested thrice for presidency and failed, He will still fail again angry . Even if he is the most eligible Nigerian to rule this country, I will not vote for him. He wants to rule us by force. Mbanu!

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by abhosts(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Now I know what it really means to be lucky. This has given GEJ an automatic second Term. Useless Opposition Party.

10 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by 1MCN: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
I'd rather honestly advice the gentleman General not to contest in the next elections mainly cos I think his credibilty has greatly dropped since the past two years following his blood threats, his last election lost and the escalation of terrorism and his obvious lack of show of concern has been factorized by many Nigerians as sponsorship, connivance or other complexities.
His threat of baboon and blood again if he fails to loose in 2015 elections have been variedly interpreted by people. If he calculates his victory from the votes he got last time, I think he might be making mistakes cos even the northern christians are badly agrieved by this insecurity and unending threat to live which they believe is linkable to the muslim politicians in the north, like him.
Am not sure the pogrom the Igbo in the north have faced lately would win him a vote in the east, and even if he wins in all the other 31 states except the east he'll not be returned president-elect according to law. Also, he should bear in mind that there is a growing sweeping political one-mindedness and agreement now between the SE and SS especially for presidency.
His age is a major disadvantage for him. The world seem to be going youthly now. People might see him as them-them (using our local parlance).
If he's truly interested in the welfare of Nigeria and Nigerians, maybe he should bend down low in his party to ensure that the most saleable, young candidate emergies and thereafter put up a vibrant and far-reaching electioneering for him. Then he can control things from a distance. Save if what gives him sleep nights is the title His Excellency GCFR.
But perhaps he just says this to hear what people would say. Or this is just a smoke screen to keep people from their real plans and make people chase after shadow.
God Bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by 1MCN: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
I'd rather honestly advice the gentleman General not to contest in the next elections mainly cos I think his credibilty has greatly dropped since the past two years following his blood threats, his last election lost and the escalation of terrorism and his obvious lack of show of concern has been factorized by many Nigerians as sponsorship, connivance or other complexities.
His threat of baboon and blood again if he fails to loose in 2015 elections have been variedly interpreted by people. If he calculates his victory from the votes he got last time, I think he might be making mistakes cos even the northern christians are badly agrieved by this insecurity and unending threat to live which they believe is linkable to the muslim politicians in the north, like him.
Am not sure the pogrom the Igbo in the north have faced lately would win him a vote in the east, and even if he wins in all the other 31 states except the east he'll not be returned president-elect according to law. Also, he should bear in mind that there is a growing sweeping political one-mindedness and agreement now between the SE and SS especially for presidency.
His age is a major disadvantage for him. The world seem to be going youthly now. People might see him as them-them (using our local parlance).
If he's truly interested in the welfare of Nigeria and Nigerians, maybe he should bend down low in his party to ensure that the most saleable, young candidate emergies and thereafter put up a vibrant and far-reaching electioneering for him. Then he can control things from a distance. Save if what gives him sleep nights is the title His Excellency GCFR.
But perhaps he just says this to hear what people would say. Or this is just a smoke screen to keep people from their real plans and make people chase after shadow.
God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari by dulphines: 8:52am On Apr 18, 2013
Let us grant Buhari Amnesty and allow him rule in 2015!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects / Legislature, Judiciary Autonomy: Govs Oppose Buhari Executive Order 10 / Olamilekan Adeola (Yayi) Declares For Ogun West Senatorial Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.