Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 AM

Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? (41572 Views)

OMG: Cossy Fires Back At Haters Over Exposed Boobs Criticism / Nigeria: 8 Best Celebrity Kisses Of 2014 / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Kaymisola(f): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
I kinda agree with this list but hey he skipped out Karen Igho...lolz, enjoy:
According to Segun Adekoye - "In this age, everyone has a Blackberry. Everyone has a blog. There are over 5000 entertainment blogs in Nigeria. Everyone wants to break the news but only a few get exclusive content so everyone copy-pastes whether it is true or a lie. In this era, everyone is a celebrity. If you hit the red carpet of events, and a hundred blogs can post your pictures, same pictures and repeat that procedure 4 times in a month, you are a celeb. You can make statements. Fashion statements. You can go to Twitter and start a Tweet war. Dahz all.
The problem with overexposure is that your news does not become news eventually and people go like “oh Tonto.. Now what? Unto the next abeg”. Who are the 8 celebrities in Nigeria who get more press, media attention than they need for their health. In no particular order, Segun Adekoye lists them below.

1. Tonto Dikeh
Tonto Dikeh understands that Nigerian bloggers want news as they are unable to create for themselves, so she gives it to them. She always wants to be in the news. Tonto wants to be seen on TV. She wants to be heard on radio, so she ventured into singing. She wants to be seen on Twitter so she starts Twitter wars and goes controversial. She likes the media attention. She’s making money from it. This is one celeb that overexposure works for and she knows how to handle it.

2. Mercy Aigbe
On Nairaland, on the web, Mercy Aigbe pictures as much as the Google Search results for “Make Money Online”. The funny thing about Mercy Aigbe is that she can take hundred pictures of the same cloth at the same time on the same spot. Then came the issue of husband beating and the denials and video responses and press releases and ENOUGH of Mercy Aigbe already.

3. Dencia

Who is Dencia? I dunno. A musician who’s in love with her own looks. She loves to pose. She loves wild dresses. She loves to wow. I see pictures of her all over the internet. I think her face is more popular than her voice. I haven’t heard her song before but I heard she’s into music. You think i’m ridiculous. You can say it again.

4. Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa, a lady fair and fine. Toke is always on the news. On the red carpets. On her vlog which is becoming more widely accepted. On-air. Toke is practically in your ears, in your face… in your mouth. I believe she enjoys the media attention.

5. Annie Idibia

Annie has always been on the eye of bloggers, but ever since her traditional marriage to Tuface Idibia, she’s been kept even under more scrutiny by the press. Annie Idibia’s outfit to this… Annie Idibia’s outfit to that… Annie Idibia’s wedding dress… Annie Idibia’s wedding invitation. Annie should expect more though. Her overexposure is just about to start. She should check it.

6. Davido

Davido is always hitting the headlines. Either for a questionable pose with a fan in nocturnal circumstances or something else. When he parted ways with his manager, he was the topic for a while. Twitter dissing, singing or photography, Davido should calm down.

7. Tee Billz

Formerly fairly known as the Tiwa Savage’s manager, the tall dark dude has become more exposed than he should ever since he proposed to the “Love me Love me” crooner. Tee Billz has also posted pictures of himself using the toilet in Burj Al Arab in a gesture that signifies he’s realy seeking public attention.

8. Jim Iyke

Even before he started his Jim Iyke Unscripted reality TV show, he had always been in one form or the other on the news. From occassional bouts with Blogger Linda Ikeji to controversial fashion statements he makes such as the one he wore to AMVCA, Jim Iyke should be one of those topping the list.
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/04/nigerias-8-most-over-exposed-celebrities.html#more

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
HMM GOOD LIST
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by hrmkz: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
who for top the list... TD
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by lovetterrison(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Freiburger(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
Because Paparazzi too wan chop.
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by enemmo(f): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nice.

Great writing.

Hmmm but am expecting to see Eva Alordiah there
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
some of those names made me revisit my dictionary, for the meaning of celebrity....

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
What of Boko Haram, are they not over exposed celebrities? They should top the list biko.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Mutaino7(m): 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
They said it was necessary to comment so here i am commenting.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Koolking(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
The list is not complete without Karen Igho...wait ooo is she even a celeb or a party freak? She will definitely be seen at my 4years old cousin's party next week.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
...and Nairaland has been so helpful in exposing them

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by israel007: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
My Uti nko

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by enesy4u(m): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
U bloggers should shut d Fvck up, 4 a while at least
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Zumarocket(f): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by goldfish80(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
How about the fat girl Toolz?
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by PurestBoy(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hmmm. . So no more meaningful info on nairathrash again?
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Temismith(f): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
As long as tohto dickay is dere, den d list is complit wink gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by enesy4u(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
D mods on nairaland should wise up... Dey dont even knw d article dat should b on d front page nd d one nt 2 b.

Abi tonto dike dey pay una?
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by NigerianAsshole(f): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
No photo? No skin? *Walks out hissing*
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by shayoor(f): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
​kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥...,i don hear, next
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Rick9(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kaymisola: I kinda agree with this list but hey he skipped out Karen Igho...lolz, enjoy:
According to Segun Adekoye - "In this age, everyone has a Blackberry. Everyone has a blog. There are over 5000 entertainment blogs in Nigeria. Everyone wants to break the news but only a few get exclusive content so everyone copy-pastes whether it is true or a lie. In this era, everyone is a celebrity. If you hit the red carpet of events, and a hundred blogs can post your pictures, same pictures and repeat that procedure 4 times in a month, you are a celeb. You can make statements. Fashion statements. You can go to Twitter and start a Tweet war. Dahz all.
The problem with overexposure is that your news does not become news eventually and people go like “oh Tonto.. Now what? Unto the next abeg”. Who are the 8 celebrities in Nigeria who get more press, media attention than they need for their health. In no particular order, Segun Adekoye lists them below.

1. Tonto Dikeh
Tonto Dikeh understands that Nigerian bloggers want news as they are unable to create for themselves, so she gives it to them. She always wants to be in the news. Tonto wants to be seen on TV. She wants to be heard on radio, so she ventured into singing. She wants to be seen on Twitter so she starts Twitter wars and goes controversial. She likes the media attention. She’s making money from it. This is one celeb that overexposure works for and she knows how to handle it.

2. Mercy Aigbe
On Nairaland, on the web, Mercy Aigbe pictures as much as the Google Search results for “Make Money Online”. The funny thing about Mercy Aigbe is that she can take hundred pictures of the same cloth at the same time on the same spot. Then came the issue of husband beating and the denials and video responses and press releases and ENOUGH of Mercy Aigbe already.

3. Dencia

Who is Dencia? I dunno. A musician who’s in love with her own looks. She loves to pose. She loves wild dresses. She loves to wow. I see pictures of her all over the internet. I think her face is more popular than her voice. I haven’t heard her song before but I heard she’s into music. You think i’m ridiculous. You can say it again.

4. Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa, a lady fair and fine. Toke is always on the news. On the red carpets. On her vlog which is becoming more widely accepted. On-air. Toke is practically in your ears, in your face… in your mouth. I believe she enjoys the media attention.

5. Annie Idibia

Annie has always been on the eye of bloggers, but ever since her traditional marriage to Tuface Idibia, she’s been kept even under more scrutiny by the press. Annie Idibia’s outfit to this… Annie Idibia’s outfit to that… Annie Idibia’s wedding dress… Annie Idibia’s wedding invitation. Annie should expect more though. Her overexposure is just about to start. She should check it.

6. Davido

Davido is always hitting the headlines. Either for a questionable pose with a fan in nocturnal circumstances or something else. When he parted ways with his manager, he was the topic for a while. Twitter dissing, singing or photography, Davido should calm down.

7. Tee Billz

Formerly fairly known as the Tiwa Savage’s manager, the tall dark dude has become more exposed than he should ever since he proposed to the “Love me Love me” crooner. Tee Billz has also posted pictures of himself using the toilet in Burj Al Arab in a gesture that signifies he’s realy seeking public attention.

8. Jim Iyke

Even before he started his Jim Iyke Unscripted reality TV show, he had always been in one form or the other on the news. From occassional bouts with Blogger Linda Ikeji to controversial fashion statements he makes such as the one he wore to AMVCA, Jim Iyke should be one of those topping the list.
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/04/nigerias-8-most-over-exposed-celebrities.html#more

K
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Regiblinkz(m): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
Leave this people alone ƔφU̶̲̥̅̊ jobless bloggers
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by shegeto(m): 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
nnafather: What of Boko Haram, are they not over exposed celebrities? They should top the list biko.
lolzzzzzz
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by ypzilanti: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
Seriously, he posed on a toilet? Because it was at Burj Al Arab? And then posted it online? grin
What a fame LovePeddler. That singular act (if true) says all you need to know about the man. Tiwa don enter one chance...
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by MMM2(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
Money's a restless bitch. If you're not careful you might wake up one morning and she'll be gone
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by toluxa1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Cossy nko?
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by toluxa1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
I dnt even know half of the people on that list
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by neksummi(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
OK. We don hear. That doesn't stop me from doing what we're rocking here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all/19
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
israel007: My Uti nko
gay, oniranu lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by metti(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
tongue tongue
Mutaino7: They said it was necessary to comment so here i am commenting.
What have you commented? Kid!!!!!! tongue
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by legendarysegzi(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Who be this wey dey post rubbish!u must be high on propane. Loser!
Re: Nigeria’s 8 Most Over Exposed Celebrities - Who Agrees? by Rossikk(m): 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nigeria's 8 most over-exposed/overhyped celebrities?

1 -Tonto Dikeh
2 -Tonto Dikeh
3 -Tonto Dikeh
4 -Tonto Dikeh
5 -Tonto Dikeh
6 -Tonto Dikeh
7 -Tonto Dikeh
8 -Tonto Dikeh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Says Olamide Is A Ritualist [watch This Video] / Duncan Mighty Storms A Pant Store To Buy A Dozen Of Pants For His Wife / Mo Abudu Celebrates Her Driver Of 20 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.