Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically - Religion (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically (332046 Views)

6 Signs That You Are Being Attacked Spiritually / Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (197) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Gd afternoon g8t conquerors hope all of us r fine and wonderful ,jus checking on us all .there is alwys light @ d end of the tunnel .let's relax and wait ,prayer fully with patience God is wrking @dadsonval snd me mail blessbeads7@yahoo.com so I can book 4 u 2mrrw dat is if u will be dere on d 19th and 21th
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
@dadsonval what God saint is saying is dat somone shd assist u to get to cct ,jus get in touch with me I will xplain better
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Dadsonval(f): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
@blessedbeads, ive sent u a msg, but to make it faster, kindly send a msg to me. I'l call u back
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Godssent: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Good evening children of God, may we all not labour in vain in the Mighty name of God.

Dadsonval:
@manoda, thnk u very much. God bless U, i dont want my husband to know, i want to go and come back same day, even if i come back home late plsss!

@Dadsonval, the above post you made is a very wrong decision, please, always let your husband know where you are going to, is dangerious for a woman that is trying to conceive to be going to where-ever alone without her husband's knowledge," it is better for you not to go to C.C.T instead of going there without informing your husband, because every form of sin including what people call little lies, is highly prohibited at C.C.T. AM TALKING FROM MY EXPERIENCE. advice: do not go there, if you are hiding it from your husband, because God is truely working there and He knows our little lies and He does not joke with such.

Dadsonval:
@Godsent, i'm very happy that u replied me, a big AMEN to that cos i want to carry my own twins this year. Plss, i have called your number several times to let u know my condition but it was a man that picked d calls.

where did you get my number? am asking because my phone number is not on the thread, I only posted my email address, but I have never posted my phone number on the internet, or is it servant Vic's number you are referring to as my number? PLEASE NOTE: MY PHONE NUMBER IS NOT ON THE INTERNET.

Dadsonval:
@Godsent, I dont know what u meant by this: Enm or anyone should please help this fellow, if you can, ttc race is not a one man's race, you need positive people aroun to achieve it. Thnks

WHAT I MEAN IS THAT THEY SHOULD RESPOND TO YOUR REQUEST QUICK, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT FEEL NOT WELCOMED OR FEELING AS IF YOU ARE ON YOUR ONW.

please in this ttc issue, do not go to any place for solution without telling your husband where you are going to, even if is medical doctor you want to see, is good for you to let your husband know, so that he can contribute in sharing idea as in what next. GOD BLESS US ALL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
@Godsent thank u 4 the explanation. May the good lord help us so we dnt miss our step ...Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2015
G8t conquerors good mrn hope we all had a good 9th rest ,may the good lord bless us mightily this day .Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2015
“And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved...but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”
(1 Samuel 30: 6)

That is the Focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional today.

In our Focal Scripture, David’s men turned against him and spoke of stoning him; he lost his wives and children to the Amalekites, he was in distress, surrounded by men who were equally distressed and affected by the raid, and some men wanted to make him a victim of a collective misfortune.

When no one was willing to console David, he braced up and encouraged himself in the Lord his God. He didn’t find encouragement from people around him, and he looked inward to find it; he couldn’t find anyone to speak the right words to him, so he spoke those words to himself.

Sometimes, we are faced with situations and circumstances, where no one can encourage us. Sometimes, the people around us are as distressed and discouraged as we are, and cannot encourage us; sometimes, the people we expect encouragement from are people who don’t care about what is discouraging us.

Friend, when there is no one to encourage you, encourage yourself and move on. When people can't find the right words to console and placate you, encourage yourself. When people are not interested in speaking words of hope to you, speak words of hope to yourself. When encouragement is absent around you, find it within you.

David encouraged himself, and he led his men to recover what they lost. When you encourage yourself, you are simply preparing for recovery.

Encourage yourself when no one else can; encourage yourself when all hope is lost; encourage yourself against all odds, and you will pull through despite your challenges.

In Joshua 1 vs. 6, God said: “Be strong and of a good courage…”.

Prayer : Lord, give me grace to encourage myself when no one else can, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Splendid Thursday.

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Dadsonval(f): 8:53am On Mar 12, 2015
@blessedbeads, i cant thank u enough for ur kindness, calls, msgs, etc to me, u're blessed IJN amen. I pray that God and my family will reward u greatly IJN amen
@Godsent, thnk U very much ma, may God continue to strengthen u d more. I have demanded so much from my husband for medications, to some pastors and for t fare to see a pastors in far places but no good results ma. Even my parents and i are not in good terms cos they are tired of spending money. I'm not working again due to my illness, i'm afraid of asking him money for my tfare and accomodation to CCT cos my place is far, if i ask, he would tell me to go but he would never give me a kobo cos of my experiences. Plsss ma, i wish to come to CCT on thursday and spend 3days there. what should i do? I cry everyday seeing myself in this situation, i never hoped for this in my life!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
@dadsonval ,God will attend 2 u and change ur Story he is not wicked
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
My Night Thought:

"When a life loses a sense of ACCOUNTABILITY, it becomes its own Lord, leading itself to Monumental Errors and Phenomenal Mistakes".
Goodnight({}) .
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello everyone.pls blessedbeads you've got mail.thanks
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bolliejay(m): 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
blessedbeads:
My Night Thought:

"When a life loses a sense of ACCOUNTABILITY, it becomes its own Lord, leading itself to Monumental Errors and Phenomenal Mistakes".
Goodnight({}) .

Hi Blessedbeads

Thanks for the good work here. May God Almighty reward you greatly.

You are yet to post focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional for the day. hope all is well ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gdday @g8t conquerors ,@bolliejay I am good is just dat I couldn't get 2days own I am sorry pls @ monoda I got the mail pls I will snd u the prayer point @9th or 2mrrw mrn .
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:31am On Mar 14, 2015
This is the lord doing it is marvelous in my sight,it is the lord doing I wil praise him. Lord I am so g8tful for adding another year to my age !Father I thank U. I am plus one today

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:32am On Mar 14, 2015
“...but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”

When David was faced with the loss of his wives and children, and was threatened by his men with stoning, he encouraged himself in the Lord his God. David’s men were warriors under his command, but they turned against their commander. In military terms, they committed mutiny, but David still encouraged himself in the Lord.

The word ‘encourage’ as used in that scripture comes from the Hebrew word ‘chazaq’. Another meaning of ‘chazaq’ is ‘fortify’. So David fortified himself in the Lord. He was surrounded by men who were set to betray and stone him, and he fortified himself. There was a battle for recovery that needed to be fought, and David fortified himself.

Friend, when issues arise to weaken you, fortify yourself in the Lord. Strengthen yourself through fasting and prayers; fortify yourself by reading and confessing God’s word; fortify yourself by soaking yourself in God’s presence. Fortify yourself with midnight prayers; fortify yourself against the devices of the enemy; fortify yourself against the men who are ready to stone you.

If you are unfortified, enemies will make a mess of your destiny. If you are unfortified, you may face attacks that will reduce your destiny to rubbles. If you don't strengthen yourself through intense prayers, you may not withstand the attacks against you. If you are unfortified, you will be vulnerable to the enemy.

David fortified himself, and he fought back and recovered everything he lost. If you have been weakened by what happened to you, fortify yourself before you face another attack.

Fortify yourself, and you will repel the attacks of the enemy; fortify yourself, and you will fight back and defeat the enemy.

Prayer : Lord, give me grace to consistently fortify myself through prayers and the Word, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Restful Saturday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bolliejay(m): 9:59am On Mar 14, 2015
blessedbeads:
This is the lord doing it is marvelous in my sight,it is the lord doing I wil praise him. Lord I am so g8tful for adding another year to my age !Father I thank U. I am plus one today

Happy birthday to u. Wishing you long lyf and prosperity. May u continue to grow in the Lord's strenght. Bigger U IJN
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by waistbead: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2015
blessedbeads:

Happy birthday...wullnp
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by humilitatem(f): 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
@blessedbeads, May God continue to bless and uplift you in every area of your life. Wishing you many more years of God's goodness. Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ all, Trust we all are bouncing in the Lord. @ Dadsonval, welcome to this great thread of conquerors. Please I know its not easy but do not stress and worry yourself too much. "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD;trust also in him;and He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 34: 4-5. Please do not put your trust in man or in a Pastor but only in God. I will advise you read this thread from the beginning so you will understand what am saying. You will learn from the experiences of others who have shared their story especially Godssent. Have a beautiful weekend.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by mum2bsoon: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
HBD @ blessedbeads, may u b blessed among ur peers. U shall stand out n mk xploit
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by samplet(f): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
blessedbeads:

happy birthday, I wish u many more blessed yrs ahead in Jesus name.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
I am so g8tful to God and I appreciate evry one of u dat snd me txt,sms ,calls and gift ...may the good lord grant u all ur hrt desires...Amen @samplet ,@mum2besoon,@humilitatem @waistbead @bolliejay @dadsonval and evry other I didn't mention ur names I luv u all for making my day
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:27am On Mar 15, 2015
“And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”

In our Focal Scripture, after the loss of his wives and children and the wives and children of his men, David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. The word ‘encourage’ as used in that scripture is derived from a Hebrew word ‘chazaq’.

One of the meanings of ‘chazaq’ is ‘to be firm’. So David faced adversity, and he responded by increasing his firmness. David’s response to his challenge was laced with firmness.

Friend, in 2015, be firm. Be firm about your convictions and commitments; be firm about your resolutions and choices; be firm about the things you don’t want to do anymore; be firm about the changes you need to implement; be firm as you pursue the needed improvements in your life; be firm about relationships you don’t need anymore; be firm about attitudes you no longer wish to exhibit.

One thing is certain: lack of firmness will cause you to be swayed by the wind, and you will end up moving in any direction the wind blows. Lack of firmness will make you vulnerable to people around you who are firm in their own decisions and resolutions.

If you fail to be firm as you face your battles, you just might lose the battles you have the capacity to win; if you fail to be firm, you may take good decisions that you can’t act on.

David encouraged himself in the Lord, he got firm in response to the attack of the enemy, and he fought back and recovered all that he lost. Firmness will propel you to new heights and give you results that fear and cowardice will rob you of.

Firmness without crudeness is the way to go. Be firm.

Prayer : Lord, give me grace to be firm without being crude, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Splendid Sunday.

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:41am On Mar 16, 2015
“...but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”

When faced with the loss of his wives and children, as well as the threat of being stoned by his own men, David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. Like we earlier observed, the word ‘encourage’ comes from the Hebrew word ‘chazaq’, which also means ‘be urgent’. David responded to his challenge with some urgency.

Friend, be urgent, and act with urgency; when you take good decisions, don’t delay in implementing them; act fast, don’t waste time. If God gives you ideas that will move you higher, act fast and do something about them quickly. If God brings opportunities your way, take them quickly before someone else does. If God opens doors for you, walk in and take your place before the door is shut.

Discard procrastination; stop delaying yourself; stop postponing things you can do immediately. Don’t wait for things to become complicated before you take the actions you should have taken on time. Don’t allow the unique ideas and opportunities before you to be overtaken by events. Act fast, and be urgent in all your ways.

If David was not urgent in his response to the attack of the Amalekites, just maybe, they would have had enough time to escape with his wives and children. His failure to act fast would have cost him a lot. If you lack urgency in your approach to life, be careful, you just might be losing more than you are aware of.

Slow and steady will not always win the race; some urgency will make things happen fast and with ease. Urgency will take you to the top faster.

Prayer : Lord, I choose to act with urgency, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Blessed Monday And A Fruitful Week Ahead.

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:58am On Mar 17, 2015
“7. And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David. 8. And David enquired at the LORD…” (1 Samuel 30: 7, cool

In Old Testament times, there were Kings and there were Priests. Kingship and priesthood were completely different. A priest was not expected to do the work of a king, and vice versa. There was some separation of powers, and everyone stayed in his lane.

In our Focal Scripture, David commanded Abiathar the priest to bring him the ephod, and he went on to enquire of the Lord. The ephod was handled by priests; enquiring of the Lord was a priest’s job; but after David encouraged himself in the Lord, he did a priest's job. He worked on himself, and he stepped into multiple roles.

Friend, if you work on yourself, you will step into multiple roles. If you improve yourself, you will do more than you are currently doing; if you fortify yourself spiritually through prayers and increased depth in God’s word, you will step into new roles in ministry; if you strengthen your competence, you will be amazed at how you will take over other people’s jobs and roles.

Multiple roles are for those who are willing to do more than what others are doing; multiple roles are for those who see beyond the limitations of their current roles and become good enough for bigger roles; multiple roles are not products of mere wishful thinking; you can only take up multiple roles if you become good enough for it, and if you become better than you are currently.

David worked on himself, and when he tried his hands on priestly duties, he got a response from God. God didn't reject David simply because priesthood was not his job. Dare to become better, work on yourself, and you will step into bigger roles.

Prayer Lord, give me grace for greater roles, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Blissful Tuesday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by rupion(f): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
happy birthday blessedbead rear gem, may the Lord uphold you and blesse you for us in this thread, I came late with my birthday wishes bur so sorry was busy all this while planing how we can move to before the election because the way they the politicians are boasting with their tv advert this days is worth taking cover bf the election commence, in God I hid my self an my familyo
happy bufday once again beloved bt you din't give us the last cct programe update I enjoy that alot, a relative that went told me everything that she saw and heard about hersef God will not stop exposing our source of afflictions in Jesus name amen cct is going places until evil forces cease to exist amen.
wishing everyone peaceful election days in advance. welcome to newbies.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
@rupion thanks for d birthday wishes I am g8tful ,sorry I didn't upgrade the last happening in cct last Thursday it was because my phn was dwn dat day ...I will dis thursday by God grace
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
Happy birthday blessedbeads,may Gods countenance shine on you. I didn't get any mail from you thanks and God bless
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2015
“7. And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David. 8. And David enquired at the LORD…” (1 Samuel 30: 7, cool

In our Focal Scripture, David asked Abiathar the priest to bring him an ephod, which he later used to enquire of the Lord. Using the ephod and enquiring of the Lord was a priest’s job. Seeing the wailing men whose wives and children were missing, one expected Abiathar to rise to the occasion, but he didn’t.

When Abiathar was not forthcoming in enquiring from God on the way forward, David took the ephod and enquired of God. Abiathar failed to do his work, and David got it done. Abiathar’s failure was David's opportunity; Abiathar’s failure in his job role led to a scenario where someone else did his job.

Friend, when you fail to play your role effectively, don’t be surprised if someone else takes your job from you while you are still available. If you fail in your assignment, be careful, others are waiting to step into your shoes. If you fail in your role as a spouse/parent, be careful, you might open the doors for a strange man/woman to play your role as a spouse/parent. Any incompetence you display in your career is a highway to irrelevance, obscurity and replacement.

David may not have been trained in priesthood, but he made an attempt in the face of Abiathar’s nonchalance and he got it right. If you take your roles for granted and carry out your assignments shabbily, someone else who may not even be as good as you might just step out and that would be the end of the party for you.

Being available whilst someone else takes over your role is a sign of irrelevance on your own part. You may be God’s best option, but not God's only option.Discern and be wise.

Prayer : Lord, give me grace to be effective in my role, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Wonderful Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2015
@manoda gd morning I hav snt another mail to u again this mrn,check it if u see it let me knw
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by mikuut: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2015
rupion:
happy birthday blessedbead rear gem, may the Lord uphold you and blesse you for us in this thread, I came late with my birthday wishes bur so sorry was busy all this while planing how we can move to before the election because the way they the politicians are boasting with their tv advert this days is worth taking cover bf the election commence, in God I hid my self an my familyo
happy bufday once again beloved bt you din't give us the last cct programe update I enjoy that alot, a relative that went told me everything that she saw and heard about hersef God will not stop exposing our source of afflictions in Jesus name amen cct is going places until evil forces cease to exist amen.
wishing everyone peaceful election days in advance. welcome to newbies.

@blessedbeeads, thank God am not the only late comer on ur birthday celebration, enjoy dis birthday song.happy birthday to uuuuuuuu, happy birthday to uuuuuuuu,
happy birthday to uuuuuuuu, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu blessedbeads! happy birthday to uuuuuuuu, hip hip hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip! Hurarayyyyyyyyyyyyy!
bt wia is d cake? still holding ma saviet paper to collect my share of de cake.

@rupion u are not d only one that is afraid of wats gonna happen on the election tinz,
am thinking of going back to inside my villa until every every is over.
but God will not allow pharoah to destroy the israelites. CCT deliverance and renouciation
is dis wk i wish everyone total dliverance.
I welcome all new members if diaris any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by samplet(f): 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
I dnt have much to post but I thank God my creator for all the favor he has showered on me
I can't hid the wonders of God in my life. there is no day I dnt get favored. may God be glorified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
@mikuut thank u so so much ,really happy for all d wishes .dnt worry ur cake will be snt on nairaland !hahahah

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (197) (Reply)

Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them / Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.