Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically - Religion (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically (331493 Views)

6 Signs That You Are Being Attacked Spiritually / Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (197) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2015
“Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.” (John 11: 1)

That is the Focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional today.

Our Focal Scripture introduces Lazarus of Bethany. Lazarus was described by the city of Bethany. One of the meanings of ‘Bethany’ is ‘house of misery’. So, Lazarus was described by the ‘house of misery’. Lazarus’ identity was overtaken by the negative identity of his city; the negativity in his city became his portion.

Friend, hear God’s prophetic word: the negativity in your city shall not be your portion. The negative things that happen around you will not happen to you; you shall not be a victim of the negative things happening in your nation; you won't be a victim of any negative trend that is affecting others around you; your life won't be a reflection of everything that is wrong in your operating environment.

God says, when national tragedies and natural disasters befall others, it won't be your portion; when a negative trend swallows other businesses, your own business won't be swallowed; when other people’s careers are cut short, yours won't be cut short; your destiny won't be an advertisement of everything that is wrong around you.

Your destiny is not tied to what happens in your city; your destiny is in God’s hands, and is defined by what God says concerning you. Don’t be scared of any affliction in your city; it won't come near you. Don’t lose sleep on account of what is not in order around you; you won’t be a victim and an advertisement of negativity.

Stay connected to God and forget the bad news in the city. If Jehovah is involved in your life, when others are afflicted by the negativity in the city, you shall be Continuously Congratula
ted.

Prayer : Lord, the negativity in my city or nation will not afflict me, in Jesus’ name!
Amen. ave A Wonderful Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by samplet(f): 9:54am On Apr 22, 2015
enm thanks for the prayer point, @blessedbeads thank for the sermon.
@all that are going for renounciation tomorrow may God cancell all the problems after you renounce in Jesus name.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2015
Gd mrn g8t conquerors may 2day be a wonderful day 4 us all
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by mikuut: 11:43am On Apr 22, 2015
blessedbeads:
Gd mrn g8t conquerors may 2day be a wonderful day 4 us all

amen, thanks to all that put prayers for us here.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by aderome(f): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
please Godssent reply my email.

@blessedbead amen to that prayer remain blessed.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:51am On Apr 23, 2015
“Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.” (John 11: 1)

Whilst Lazarus was described as Lazarus of Bethany, Bethany was described as the city of Mary and Martha. Lazarus was described by the city, but Mary and Martha became the definitions of the city of Bethany. Lazarus lost his identity to the city of Bethany; but Bethany lost its own identity to Mary and Martha.

Mary and Martha became so strategic and important that in the entire city, their names rang a bell easily. They became so famous that the best way to describe Bethany was to mention their names. They became prominent and positively useful, and their names became the city's description.

Friend, God says, you will be the new definition of your city; you will be the new definition of your career and business; your name will ring a bell to the extent that your city will be known by your exploits; you will become so strategic that when the names of important people are mentioned in your city, your name will also be mentioned; you will become so powerful that even those in the corridors of power will bow to you.

You are the next big thing that will happen in your city; you are about to break forth on all sides and become the hottest property in town; you are about to redefine your city for the better; you are about to step out of obscurity and step into undeniable visibility and relevance; God will empower you to be different in your city; you shall be a city set on a hill.

Mary and Martha were Jesus’ close friends, they had a relationship with Jesus, and naturally, they became the new definition of Bethany. Stay close and connected to Jesus, and you will be the new definition of your city.

Prayer : Lord make me the new definition of my city and environment, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Splendid Thursday.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:10am On Apr 23, 2015
Goodmrn wonderful conquerors on this thread hope our 9th was good ,and for evry one of us going for renuociation today ,as we renounce our sins and evry thgn holding us frm our testimonies may the good lord use his power to destroy wat need to be destroy and repair what need to be repair
,and he shd give us a testimony that will announce us because God is not wickEd...
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by waistbead: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Our marriage had been fantastic and interesting .Five years of bliss and still counting ..We have a lifetime ahead of us .We have our challenges but together we have been able to whether the storm.We try to take each day as it comes and every challenge comes with a lesson which must be learnt.........Happy wedding anniversary to mio......

#irefusetobesad

2 Likes

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by enm(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
waistbead:
Our marriage had been fantastic and interesting .Five years of bliss and still counting ..We have a lifetime ahead of us .We have our challenges but together we have been able to whether the storm.We try to take each day as it comes and every challenge comes with a lesson which must be learnt.........Happy wedding anniversary to mio......

#irefusetobesad

Congrat sis
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:09am On Apr 24, 2015
“It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.” (John 11: 2)

Our Focal Scripture beams the spotlight on Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus. Mary anointed Jesus with ointment and wiped His feet with her hair; she broke her alabaster box at Jesus’ feet. An alabaster box cost one year’s wages in the oriental milieu; so Mary was remembered for sacrificing one year wages at Jesus’ feet.

Mary was described by her past positive action; she was remembered because of her sacrifice at the feet of the Master. No one else broke an alabaster box at Jesus' feet; so Mary was remembered for doing something strategic that no one else did.

Friend, glean a lesson: take actions that will cause you to be remembered for good; take actions that no one else is taking at the moment; take actions that will set you ahead of the crowd; take actions that will qualify you for special mention before the kings and princes of this world; let the works of your hands be so amazing and strategic that people will have no option but to remember you for the good things you have done.

Let your impact be such that will cause men to remember you; let your competence and commitment be such that will cause your name to ring a bell; let your career performance be so outstanding that you will be missed when you are not there; let your actions be noble and noteworthy; let your today’s actions be good enough to attract tomorrow’s remembrance.

What you do in life is what you will be remembered for. If you do wrong things, be careful, it might become your identity; if you do what is right, be cheerful, it will win you a positive reputation.

We will only be remembered by what we have done. Start doing what you want to be remembered for.

Prayer : Lord, give me wisdom for good works, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Enjoy A Fabulous Friday.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Gdmrn my good people on this thread, I knw we all had a beautiful sleep. @waistbead may ur home be more bless and sweeter than it is now and may all ur hrt desires be granted, I wish u Happy marriage anniversary in jesus name. Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by humilitatem(f): 7:17am On Apr 24, 2015
Good morning glorious conquerors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @waistbead, Congratulations on your anniversary, It is the Lord's doing. Let the mercy, favor and glory of God overshadow you and your family throughtout the remaining months of this year, Amen. @all, Trust we all are bouncing in the Lord. May your testimonies surprise your friends and shock your enemies in Jesus name, Amen. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by sotum2: 10:35am On Apr 24, 2015
waistbead:

#irefusetobesad

Congratulations to you.

@ blessedbeeds, how was yesterday service?
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by SonOfDavid91(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
@g8t conquerors...... I say good evening all.... The experience of feet washing as @ yesterday after renunciation was beyond what I can keep to myself, for d 1st time, my eyes see beyond the sky. Come see people battling with the spirit of stagnation, while praying the prayer points given to( I wash my hand, I wash my feet away from stagnation) them.
As if that one was not enough, there was a particular lady that even surprised me, not up to 2mins she started praying the feet washing prayer point, her gift from God that has been stolen away from her by evil forces was restored by God.
Feet washing testimonies loading.........I am the next testifier, You are the next testifier!!!!!!@g8t conquerors...... I say good evening all.... The experience of feet washing as @ yesterday after renunciation was beyond what I can keep to myself, for d 1st time, my eyes see beyond the sky. Come see people battling with the spirit of stagnation, while praying the prayer points given to( I wash my hand, I wash my feet away from stagnation) them.
As if that one was not enough, there was a particular lady that even surprised me, not up to 2mins she started praying the feet washing prayer point, her gift from God that has been stolen away from her by evil forces was restored by God.
Feet washing testimonies loading.........I am the next testifier, You are the next testifier!!!!!!
@g8t conquerors...... I say good evening all.... The experience of feet washing as @ yesterday after renunciation was beyond what I can keep to myself, for d 1st time, my eyes see beyond the sky. Come see people battling with the spirit of stagnation, while praying the prayer points given to( I wash my hand, I wash my feet away from stagnation) them.
Feet washing testimonies loading.........I am the next testifier, You are the next testifier!!!!!!
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:30am On Apr 26, 2015
“It was that Mary which anointed th :-Xe Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.” (John 11: 2)

It is remarkably noteworthy that Mary broke her alabaster box at Jesus' feet and wiped His feet with her hair. No one else ever did what Mary did for Jesus. Jesus said concerning Mary: “Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her” (Matthew 26: 13).

What Mary did for Jesus qualified her for eternal fame and remembrance; what Mary did for God took her out of the book of shame and planted her name in the book of fame. She became famous by what she did for God; she became famous because of a sacrifice she made to God; she became famous because of what she gave up to please God.

Friend, what you give up to please God will cause you to become famous. Whatever sacrifice you make in a bid to please God will close the door of shame and open the door of fame; whatever you give up to please God will lay a foundation for eternal remembrance; whatever you sacrifice in your walk with God will cause your name to be written in gold.

If you are doing nothing for God, be careful, you are laying the foundation for your own obscurity. If you are not sacrificing your time, efforts, resources, finances, etc in order to please God, you are getting set to live a life that may never be remembered. If you do things for yourself and do nothing for God, God has nothing to lose, but you have everything to lose.

Mary’s sacrifice cancelled out the shame of prostitution and gave her a platform for generations unborn to read and learn from her story. Do something for God today and always; it is your key to eternal relevance.

Prayer : Lord, give me a heart of sacrifice, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Super Sunday.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 5:38am On Apr 26, 2015
Gdmrn g8t conquerors Happy sunday to u all @sotum2 sorry for not replying ur massage since ,thursday service was g8t ?after renunciation we did feet washing come and see how God came mightyly in our mist. So many wonders and testimonies.and again yesterday deliverance God visited evry one for healing and deliverance, it was awesome in God presence
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2015
Happy sunday to every one from blessbeads
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by SonOfDavid91(m): 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
THE UNQUESTIONABLE GOD...... @everyone following this thread, I was on the deliverance ground yesterday in CCT deliverance ministry and I witnessed what this God is doing through Servant Vic. After the healing session, people with instant testimonies stood up to testify to the glory of God in their life.
A man testified that when ever he decided to go on fasting, ulcer could not allow him to fast as he will but during the healing session, as Servant Vic instructed everybody to lay their hand on any area they need healing, according to this man, he said he lay his hand on his chest and as the servant of God spray the blessed water on his chest where he laid his hand and he began to feel how the pain was moving away from his chest like a moving object and that is how he got his own healing instantly among other's testimonies.

There is also this family that just came to the service for their first time( mother and her 2 children). As it was told by the mother (because after the healing session, the son of this woman who could not speak clearly received his healing and the 15yrs old boy sang a song to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil) said his son has been suffering this affliction for the past 15 yrs. To my surprised, this family has not even done renunciation but God still do that which him alone can do!!

@g8t conquerors....God is really changing people's story in CCT and he has proved to me that He is not a wicked God with all this instant testimonies+!!!!!

Same God of yesterday, today, & forever who has done all these can still do it for you and I if we belief in him!!!!

@ blessedbeads... happy Sunday to you as well!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
@sonofdavid I am fine and happy sunday to u also, thanks for ofloading the testimony , I would hav done that yesterday if not for my phn that I can't use to type massage much now because of the screen dat is broken....@ the thread wonders is happening in CCT ,pls any one beliving God marital settlemen come with ur point of contact on thursday and if u want break though buy new shoe as point of contact ,for a new job get a new shoe as a point of contact because das what u will wear to ur new office and for business bring ur business contact also to cct on thursday and if u r believing God for baby get new dresses as point of concant....God is set to do great things on dat day...

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by SonOfDavid91(m): 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
@ thread...... In addition, this coming Thursday (30/04/15) is Holy ghost encounter service in CCT deliverance ministry.
Let us bring our strong reason to the God who is not wicked!!!
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by aderome(f): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
SonOfDavid91:
@ thread...... In addition, this coming Thursday (30/04/15) is Holy ghost encounter service in CCT deliverance ministry.
Let us bring our strong reason to the God who is not wicked!!!

thank u for posting pls, wat time will the holy ghost encounter commence.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by waistbead: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thanks great conquerors for all d powerful prayers and wishes..

@blessedbeads, I didn't go for renunciation again.devil is a looser I and dh had a misunderstanding on wednesday so he refuse to drop me at d park on Thursday....pls dear when is d next renunciation?

I don't care what it is now, for I know my dream must stand tall...

#iamnotgivingup....
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2015
“Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.”
(John 11: 5)

Our Focal Scripture announces Jesus’ love for Martha, Mary, and Lazarus. Luke 10 vs. 40 has this to say about Martha: “But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me”. So Martha was a woman of service.

Martha was willing to work alone even if others were not willing to work; she prepared meals for Jesus if He came visiting; she served even if no one helped her; she served as if her life depended on it. Martha had the heart of a servant, and she was loved greatly by Jesus, and got His attention when Lazarus died.

Friend, serve God with everything you have in you. Serve God with your skills and abilities; serve God with your time and resources; serve God with all your strength; serve God even if people around you are not serving Him; serve God even when it is not convenient; serve God through every available avenue in church and in the society; service may not seem glamorous, but there is nothing as glamorous as serving the King of Kings.

A heart of service will attract God’s attention. Your service to God will cause God to show you love and remember you for good; your service to God is an investment that will pay off someday; your service to God will speak for you; your service to God will open doors for you.

What service are you rendering to God? What service are you contributing to God’s kingdom? Whatever your service is, do it as unto God; approach your service to God with an attitude of excellence.

God is interested in your service to Him, and He won't fail to honour anyone who serves Him. Serve God, and He will unlock His love towards you.

Prayer : Lord, give me a heart of service, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Pleasant Monday And A Fruitful Week Ahead.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by aderome(f): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2015
aderome:

thank u for posting pls, wat time will the holy ghost encounter commence.

thanks @blessedbeads, somone shld pls respond t my post concerning d above quetion.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 9:26am On Apr 27, 2015
Goodmrn g8t conquerors happy new week @waistbead whn the nxt renunciation is fixed I will display it
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 9:37am On Apr 27, 2015
@aderome goodmrn is starting by 8am ,I am sorry if I delay to answer
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by aderome(f): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Ok thanks.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Our God is not wicked ,he will attend to us all...hav a g8t day
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:44am On Apr 28, 2015
“Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.”
(John 11: 5)

Our Focal Scripture speaks of Jesus’ love for Martha, Mary and Lazarus. Luke 10 vs. 39 has this to say about Mary: “And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word”. So Mary loved to sit at Jesus’ feet to hear His word; she had deep commitment to Jesus; she had a relationship with God; she could give up anything to listen to Jesus.

Friend, deepen your commitment and devotion to God; increase your hunger and thirst for God’s word; increase your time of prayers and devotion to God; draw nearer to God each new day; spend time with God, alone with God; spend time listening and meditating on God’s word; set aside some time everyday to fellowship with the Spirit of God. Increase your affinity for God, His word and His presence.

Your relationship with God matters more than what you do for God; your relationship with God is your connection to God’s divine nature; your hunger for God’s word is the foundation for the revelation you will receive from God through His word; if you are not close to God, He may not come close to you.

Mary had a history of being a prostitute, but she walked away from sin and sat at Jesus’ feet. It doesn’t matter what sin you’ve been involved in; walk away from it and go close to Jesus. Discard every lifestyle that keeps the Lord away from you; discard every weakness that stops and stunts your spiritual growth; discard relationships that deplete your spiritual content; run away from anything in conflict with your relationship with God.

Jesus loved the same Mary who loved to sit at His feet to hear His word; there is a level of love you may never experience from God until you chase after Him and feed on His word.

Prayer: Lord, give me grace to be close to You, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Have A Blissful Tuesday.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by aderome(f): 9:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Lord give me d grace to be more closer to you remove d on & off spirit for me amen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by SonOfDavid91(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
FOOD FOR THOUGHT..... Prayer seeks for wisdom, not simply answers. It looks for courage, not simply help. It seeks for the gift of persistence, not only quick solutions. God bless glorious conquerors. Have a great day!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by SonOfDavid91(m): 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
aderome:
Lord give me d grace to be more closer to you remove d on & off spirit for me amen.

God is not wicked, but there are some situations a times where all we need to do is just to help oneself!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (197) (Reply)

Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them / Sincere Milk — "Righteousness Rises"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.