Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (248005 Views)

Poll: What's your verdict?

These bad people are lying against the man of God.: 50% (130 votes)
There's a strong possibility that allegations are true.: 49% (129 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2008
A_K_O:
Your pride should not be in the fact that you belong to a '''unified''' sect, but that you are on your way to heaven and will get a good reward there.
Good. Then we hope to stop seeing further RCC bashing from you .
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by donnie(m): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2008
@Wealthyman

I agree with you 100 percent.

But you see, we shouldn’t expect them to stop their blasphemies just because you warned them.

The bible talks about the sons of Eli who despite warning from their father did not stop their sinful ways because God had planned to destroy them.

Now that list of yours can actually be extended to include Enconium, and many of them soft sell magazines. They've all gone under.

Where are those pastors who openly declared their intention to bring Pastor Chris down and fought to ensure it was done?

They have all gone under with disgrace. Their churches are becoming deserted places. The grace of God is no longer seen in their ministries.

Now the same press that helped them in their fight against Oyakhilome has turned against them. Not even the departure of a member from their congregation happens unannounced as they go to the papers and not only announce their departure; they speak arrogantly and in a derogatory manner about their pastor. How sad.

Stories of immorality, divorce and so on . . . they actually reaped multiplied harvest of what they sowed.

Even PFN was not spared because they sanctioned the actions of these MOG and allowed themselves to be misled joining their campaign.

In fact I think it is high time Christians came out from behind these names and classifications and actually stand for what they believe, that is if they actually believe anything.

Can you imagine? They thought they were smarter than God. They blasphemed against God and His work in their country and then went to invite Benny Hinn as though it is not the same Holy Ghost working in Nigeria that works in America.

Well, we all know what happened. Accusations and counter accusations of fraud. They pointed fingers at each other. Even their big names were not left out of this disgrace. The press had a fill day. They made it seem like it was merely a failed business venture . . . as though there were no miracles or testimonies of salvation from the crusade. Till date, the national body of PFN has not been able to organize a single crusade that will impact this nation. They advertised that it will be a 10 million man crusade while I just laughed. Just about 300 000 showed up. Talking about God's judgment? I have seen it happen in Nigeria.

I heard (even though I don’t know how true) that Christ Embassy was approached to provide workers for the Benny Hinn crusade and that Pastor Chris responded saying that it was not time for Benny Hinn to come to Nigeria. Whether it was true or not, that response sounded prophetic.

A few months after, God asked Pastor Chris to come to Nigeria from SA to organize a crusade for the Nation. It was the Good Friday Miracle Night in 2006. Boy! The nation had not seen anything like that before and even till date. The impact of that crusade is still being felt till today.

All of Lagos stood still as 3.5 million Nigerians gathered at the Lagos Ibadan expressway to hear and receive a message of repentance from sin and wickedness from the man of God. Several television stations in Nigeria and around the world showed the program live allowing millions of others to witness the event and partake in the blessing.

It was so glorious to see . . . the young, the old, the rich the poor, the drug addicts, robbers, prostitutes, captains of industry, politicians, and dignitaries before the Lord in repentance, praying for forgiveness. Some knelt down, others prostrated, many shed tears while some lifted their heads and hands to God.

Those who did not attend were given the tapes and CDs at their, schools, offices, business places etc. as several thousands of these materials were distributed freely nationwide.

And the testimonies were mind-blowing. Apart from the numerous healings recorded, there were many other kind of demonstrations of the supernatural power of God. I remember that of a couple whose child was abducted several years ago. The abductors were at the crusade and heard the message from the man of God, repented of their actions and returned the child to the parents. That could only be by the power of God.

I heard of another lady (a teacher) who stood her ground refusing to partake in exam malpractice despite pressure from every side.

Nigeria has not been the same again ever since that crusade.

I know there are many who still wouldn’t recognize these obvious signs . . . and that is because they have been blinded.

If God can deal in such a mighty way with the nation, silly comments from misinformed or demon influenced Nairalanders is a small matter.

The lesser is included in the greater.

. . . Ignore them . . . we know their end.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by donnie(m): 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2008
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by shawn123: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2008
We have disabled, paralysed, mentally retarded, ill people all over the streets of Nigeria. How come i havent seen any of these men go on the streets and heal them. It is soo amazing how we think in Naija!!!!! I wonder why miracle is more common in Naija than any other place in the world ooooooo
Governors = curropt
senators = curropt
House of Reps = curropt
some pastors don follow join sef, Naija egbami oooooooo!!!!!!!! embarassed
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by casibbsy: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
its so unfortunate that there are pple who have allowed themselves to be used by the devil to label pastor Chris as bogus and fake, but let me say this , wait one day when you will get in a situation that only needs God's intervention , then you will be sorry for yourself , when you have no option but go to Pastor Chris. i'm zimbabwean and i tested HIV in 2002, i got kaposi sarcoma (cancer which is an oppotunisitic infection), in 2005 i could hardly walk, i watched myself dying, i developed swollen glands in my limbs and lower jaws, my lips became so red with thrush, i lost all my pubic hair due to fungal infection and developed very sours on my pubical area and bums, i lost my hair. my legs were very black and developed tumours which will bleed none stop, i was burning! i was on ARVs but they were of little help. in 2007 27 August , i went to SA to attend Pastor Chris' Healing session, he prayed for me on 12 August, and ever since that i ahve been completely healed, i stopped taking ARVs, my hair has grown back, the tumours dried and disapeared, the thrush varnished. Pliz for your own sakes dont joke with the man of God , you are bringing damnation to yourselves, for anyone with doubts, i can send you my pictures before and after i'm healed and even Doctors letters confirming my healing, if you want to joke, joke with something else not with God!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2008
We have disabled, paralysed, mentally retarded, ill people all over the streets of Nigeria. How come i havent seen any of these men go on the streets and heal them. It is soo amazing how we think in Naija!!!!!

good question, why aren't these people going on missionary work and spreading the gospel of miracles and blessings
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by shawn123: 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2008
casibbsy:

its so unfortunate that there are people who have allowed themselves to be used by the devil to label pastor Chris as bogus and fake, but let me say this , wait one day when you will get in a situation that only needs God's intervention , then you will be sorry for yourself , when you have no option but go to Pastor Chris. i'm zimbabwean and i tested HIV in 2002, i got kaposi sarcoma (cancer which is an oppotunisitic infection), in 2005 i could hardly walk, i watched myself dying, i developed swollen glands in my limbs and lower jaws, my lips became so red with thrush, i lost all my pubic hair due to fungal infection and developed very sours on my pubical area and bums, i lost my hair. my legs were very black and developed tumours which will bleed none stop, i was burning! i was on ARVs but they were of little help. in 2007 27 August , i went to SA to attend Pastor Chris' Healing session, he prayed for me on 12 August, and ever since that i ahve been completely healed, i stopped taking ARVs, my hair has grown back, the tumours dried and disapeared, the thrush varnished. Pliz for your own sakes don't joke with the man of God , you are bringing damnation to yourselves, for anyone with doubts, i can send you my pictures before and after i'm healed and even Doctors letters confirming my healing, if you want to joke, joke with something else not with God!

hey dude i must warn you not all Nigerians are dump okay. save you fake ass stories for the comic. Not even the comic would buy this one. So tell us the truth how much were you paid to come and give this story en, common tell us now, lol, can you guys imagine, do you think we are living in the 80's. Now tell me who will buy this story?? Pele no be only damnation embarassed thank God you are not Nigerian like you claimed!!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bomata: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2008
shawn,
how can u say all that ,thats just too much for u to say pls are you born again.,my heart weeps for you,there are things that are just too much for us to say,they are high things we shouldnt get ourselves involve in no matter what,am not saying you shd validate it but pls
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bomata: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Quote
We have disabled, paralysed, mentally retarded, ill people all over the streets of Nigeria. How come i havent seen any of these men go on the streets and heal them. It is soo amazing how we think in Naija!!!!!

good question, why aren't these people going on missionary work and spreading the gospel of miracles and blessings[/font]

Good,since you know that u can as well start that missionary work,even if it is just 1 person in a day,the heaven will rejoice afterall the bible gave us all the commision,GO YE INTO THE WORLD,
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by shawn123: 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ bomata
dont get me wrong k. all am saying is the story form that dude is crap, all you need to know the story aint real is just littly education. Am not condeming anybody or anything, all am saying is i know a true story from what is in a Nigerian film okay. This is why we seize to move foward in Nigeria, when you get a bad dream you believe one of your relatives has to do with it or when you have an accident you believe someone has gone spritual on you when you havent serviced or had the breaks checked in months.  shocked i hope you are not a young man or girl cos if you are one will begin to loose more hope in this country if we have people in our generation that think just the way the fellow does!!!!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by shawn123: 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
bomata:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Quote

good question, why aren't these people going on missionary work and spreading the gospel of miracles and blessings[/font]

Good,since you know that u can as well start that missionary work,even if it is just 1 person in a day,the heaven will rejoice afterall the bible gave us all the commision,GO YE INTO THE WORLD,
totally out of point? please read again and understand. abi are you not educated. read the post again, shocked we are talking about miracle healing of paralyse people, example let a blind man see again, make a handicap normal again, we have a lot of people in the teaching hospital living with HIV , he can as well go and heal them, Now thats doing God's work , wink
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bomata: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2008
SHAWN,
don't get me wrong k. all am saying is the story form that dude is crap, all you need to know the story aint real is just littly education. Am not condeming anybody or anything, all am saying is i know a true story from what is in a Nigerian film okay. This is why we seize to move foward in Nigeria, when you get a bad dream you believe one of your relatives has to do with it or when you have an accident you believe someone has gone spritual on you when you havent serviced or had the breaks checked in months. i hope you are not a young man or girl because if you are one will begin to loose more hope in this country if we have people in our generation that think just the way the fellow does!!!!

u know a true story from nigeria film,NIGERIA FILM.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by shawn123: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2008
mumu, have you heard of typo error before. i dont blame you, u are probably a new computer user, cry
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by shawn123: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2008
shocked wait a minuit, its not even a typo . The post says Nigerian film. oh my God, this guys is blind. that is why you must have been seeing miracles when indeed its nothing, grin
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2008
imhotep:

Good. Then we hope to stop seeing further RCC bashing from you .

Good. And vice versa, right?

note that much of what you call bashing is a genuine desire to know.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 22, 2008
A_K_O:

Good. And vice versa, right?
Does not follow. You were the one making justifications here and there.

A_K_O:
note that much of what you call bashing is a genuine desire to know.
I seriously doubt this.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 11:13am On Apr 22, 2008
imhotep:

Does not follow. You were the one making justifications here and there.

Well then good luck in the 33,000 vs 1 battle. cheesy
Still does not make a unified church.

I seriously doubt this.
Well, I have a very strong 'protestant' background. Growing up, I heard a lot about the workings of the RCC but didnt understand why it was different because I wasnt taught and I couldnt find certain things in the bible I read. So here comes nairaland with loads of catholics, use it to find out exactly whats up.
By now, you should see that my disagreement is not synonymous with your idea of hatred and envy, I dont even see the need for envy.

You might as well seriously doubt this, it doesnt make it any less true.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2008
A_K_O:

Well then good luck in the 33,000 vs 1 battle. cheesy
Still does not make a unified church.
Protestants are the ones dividing the church for reasons best known to them.

A_K_O:

Well, I have a very strong 'protestant' background. Growing up, I heard a lot about the workings of the RCC but didnt understand why it was different because I wasnt taught and I couldnt find certain things in the bible I read. So here comes nairaland with loads of catholics, use it to find out exactly whats up.
By now, you should see that my disagreement is not synonymous with your idea of hatred and envy, I don't even see the need for envy.
You might as well seriously doubt this, it doesnt make it any less true.
The teachings of RCC are very very well documented. There is usually very little reason to go into protracted arguments about anything. Check here for online copy of the Cathechism (teachings) of the RCC => http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm.
This is taken from the Vatican's website.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by nadys: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2008
o my God i call this people protestants they are speaking against the man of God this is just the battle of the lord
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by idupaul: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2008
o my God i call this people protestants they are speaking against the man of God this is just the battle of the lord
ur just a gullible fool, which kind man of God , shine ur eyes oh, who gave him man of God, my friend cool down those guys are jst feeding fat on your foolishness.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Idupaul

Is your pastor a man of God? if yes, how did you know?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by NParade: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2008
God in heaven knows the truth behide the Pastors to me i know that is a big lie Pastor chris is more than that but all the same God has the final judge so w8 for that day to come b4 u judge

1 LOVE cool
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by idupaul: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
Is your pastor a man of God? if yes, how did you know?

My pastor does not going about calling himself man of God, that phrase is for charlatans .

God in heaven knows the truth behide the Pastors to me i know that is a big lie Pastor chris is more than that but all the same God has the final judge so w8 for that day to come before u judge

You I know you are an embassy member, My friend ur just part of the factor of production for these multi million naira behemoth empires u call church and those CEO s u call pastor. guy shine ya eyes.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2008
@idupaul

you are either a comedian or some clown

so because your pastor doesnt call himself a man of God makes him genuine?

Anyone that joins issues with you after reading this is equally a clown.

You deserve to be ignored henceforth
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by idupaul: 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
@idupaul

you are either a comedian or some clown

so because your pastor doesnt call himself a man of God makes him genuine?

Anyone that joins issues with you after reading this is equally a clown.

You deserve to be ignored henceforth

@ you
for ur information I am catholic and have no business calling anyone daddy or pastor.

And i think ur the clown , punk
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by rite2salas(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2008
There are loads of beggars, lepers and disabled people every where in NIGERIA. why don’t they go and perform a street miracle just like the street magicians then we can believe in their so called miracles.  angry
FYI, Its all fake and stagged angry undecided
Another blatant error from a Popular pastor angry
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by soababa(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2008
Na wa o, all d same God dey o and i believe say he sabi those wey dey truly serve am. all days for the thief but just one day for the owner. one day we shall know the truth
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by casibbsy: 7:37am On Apr 24, 2008
SHAWN123

you can say whatevr you want, but you wont take my miracle away from me, besides i openly declared that i have full proof of my condition before and after the miracle from doctors, if you want , you can take me to any doctor of your choice who can prove that i'm HIV negative! have you ever asked yourself why the so called man refused to give his details? dont you think he is the fake one? i invite you again to get all of my records from the doctor and my full identity and the pictures i was taken before and after the miracle, if its not enough , you can take me to any doctor of your choice, then maybe it will dawn to your mind that miracles are really, your unbelief will not stop God from using Pastor Chris from performing niracles to give back life to those who could have died. iI HAD FULL BLOWN AIDS BUT NOW IM HIV NEGATIVE, IM CANCER FREE AND I HAVE RECEIEVED MY LIFE BACK BECAUSE OF PASTOR CHRIS, TAKE IT OR LEAVE BUT THATS WHAT GOD CAN DO FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH IN HIS WORD. may the good Lord bring an understanding of His word as you read thru this beautiful testimony of mine!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by idupaul: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2008
I HAD FULL BLOWN AIDS BUT NOW IM HIV NEGATIVE, IM CANCER FREE AND I HAVE RECEIEVED MY LIFE BACK BECAUSE OF PASTOR CHRIS, TAKE IT OR LEAVE BUT THATS WHAT GOD CAN DO FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH IN HIS WORD.

I believe you , This your PR stunt sucks man, It won't work , cancer and AIDS ke , Am not saying that miracles don't exist, what am saying is that u are lying. tongue tongue
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Amarao(f): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2008
Well Whatever the case may be Judge not so that you will not be Judged.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by purpul(f): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2008
Only God Knows those dat are His. Let's be careful what we say about God's mouthpiece. We avnt bin made judges over d affairs of others.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by nekkyo(f): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2008
in my own opinion, i think he is very gifted in taeching the word of God. God gifted us differently as individuals and ministers too. for the miracle God knows best

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.