Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect (1074 Views)

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested / Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:42am On Apr 19, 2013

Im NOT A Terrorist... I Was Just Watching The Marathon
A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect fought back tears as he told how he begged police to help him clear his name.
Sulahaddin Barhoum clutched a handful of his own running medals on a red, white and blue ribbon as he told MailOnline of his terror at being falsely accused.
The 17-year-old Moroccan, who moved to the U.S. with his family four years ago, said: 'Late last night friends started calling and emailing me – they said my photo was all over the internet, that I was a suspect in the Boston bombing.

Innocent: Track star Sulahaddin Barhoum, 17, pictured with his sports bag and running trophies is terrified that claims he was a Boston marathon bomb suspect have put his family in danger
'I was terrified, I have never been in trouble and I feared for my security,' he said.
'At 1.30am I called a friend to take me to the state police – I walked in to the lobby and told them I thought I was wanted by the FBI. They didn’t know what to make of it.
'I had my papers with me and I gave them my social security number so they could check me out.
'They didn’t even take me into a private room. They made some calls, then said I was free to go.
He continued: 'I was there about 25 minutes but I was very frightened. I still am – my photograph is all over the internet and I worry that someone, a mad person, might come after me and my family.
'I have two little sisters, aged three and seven, and a 15-year-old brother. We have no protection.'
Sulahaddin and his 'hero' running coach were spotted by security cameras moving around near the finish line of Monday’s marathon before the bomb blasts.
The coach, who is in his mid-thirties, was wearing a white baseball cap and black jacket. Sulahaddin wore a blue tracksuit top. Both were carrying backpacks as they jockied to get the best spectator position.
'We were there to watch the fastest runners,' said Sulahhadin, who has represented his school and South Boston at track events.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311248/Sala-Barhoum-track-star-teenager-denies-involvement-Boston-Marathon-bombing-picture-widely-circulated.html#ixzz2QrTRqTAs
Re: A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:44am On Apr 19, 2013

Finger-pointing: Sulahaddin Barhoum, pictured with his coach, right, had his picture sweep the internet after they were picked out from the crowd at the Boston Marathon
Re: A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:46am On Apr 19, 2013

Questions raised: Internet commentators raised questions about the men because of their bags, which seemed to be heavy
Re: A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by gunuvi(m): 2:57am On Apr 19, 2013
My 50 cents to you is just to jejeli relocate back to Morocco.
Coming from an Arab country in Africa and being mistakenly linked to such bomb blast is a serious 'gbege' in a country filled with insanity people who moves around with guns..
We still need you back in Africa.

1 Like

Re: A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 19, 2013
Americans eh! Whenever there is chaos they either blame the black "guy" or any asian looking "guy"

1 Like

Re: A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by elampiro(m): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2013
A changing world.
Re: A teenage boy wrongly identified as a Boston bombing suspect by TableLeg(m): 8:50am On Apr 19, 2013
Crazy .... 4Chan should be shut down immediately for its role in the propagation and wrongful accusation of the innocent kid and his coach!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of Thomas Sankara, One Of Greatest Sons Of Africa. / Passenger Harasses Donald Trump's Daughter Ivanka On Flight And This Happened! / Joe Biden : Adonijah Sets Himself Up As King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.