Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 (381533 Views)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
lawalidriso: Please can any one help on when exactly Nigerian Navy form is comming out. Thanx
Which form? Recruitment abi shortservice commissioning?
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
lawalidriso: Please can any one help on when exactly Nigerian Navy form is comming out. Thanx
The form has been on sale since June 3rd and will close July 12, just fews days from now so quickly go and purchase the pin with your ATM or let me know if you need my assistance.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
emmanuel4fire: Quantitative reasoning.
1. When some technological improvements had been made, it took an hour less than before to manufacture a certaing tool. The same time is now needed to manufacture 30 tools as was needed earlier to manufacture 24 tools. How much time does it require now to make one tool?
A. 5hrs
B. 4 hrs
c. 3hrs
D. 3.5 hrs
2. Amber works 20 days a month in naira per day for m months out of the year. Which of the following represents her monthly pay?
A. m/20d
B. 20d
C. 10md/6
D. 20d/m
E. 20md
Bros this your own get as e be ooo

I think A. 5hrs for no 1; I think no. 2 is D - 20d/m
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by omoguess: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
SailorXY:
Bros no vex, abeg explain jejely how u take solve this one
20% of 30= 6
30-6=24
20% of 24=4.8
24+4.8=28.8
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dmajesticjoe: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
SailorXY:
Bros no vex, abeg explain jejely how u take solve this one
omoguess did a great job but let me put it clearer. u first reduce 30 by 20 percent and u'll be left with 0.8*30=24, so that u now increase the result(24) by 20 percent to get 24*1.2=28.8. OR u say 30-(20/100)*30=24 then 24+(20/100)*24=28.8.pls contine the good job bro
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^Ohk noted, good job. I was fast tho
SailorXY:

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
I have been super busy today so I didnt hav †нэ opportunity to solve the questions. But I gave one of my friends who studied computer science (who I knew to be a maths guru) the first question to solve without giving him the options and he insisted the answer is -8 (which wasn't even in the options).

Now am not great in maths as a matter of fact, am rotten when it comes to anything more than 1+1=2 (heck, I had F9 in WAEC!). Buh I used my "cunny cunny" way to solve d question and I got 5 (which is option A).

Now am confused because when I showed my friend the steps I followed b4 I got 5, he laughed so much tears came out of his eyes. So I showed him the options and he was incredulous. He said "this is a 419 question". I told him it's GMAT and he insisted I sent him the whole questions to solve. Needless to say, am still waiting for his solutions (lolz).

@Sailor, can you please post the steps to how you got the answer for †нэ 1st question. Thanks.

@Emmanuel, this ur own questions na another thing Oo°˚˚˚°.

Please guys bail me out and give steps to how you arrive at ur answers 4 †нэ mathematical questions.

P.S: Sorry for †нэ long epistle.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
@Sailor, can you please post the steps to how you got the answer for †нэ 1st question. Thanks.

@Emmanuel, this ur own questions na another thing Oo°˚˚˚°.

Please guys bail me out and give steps to how you arrive at ur answers 4 †нэ mathematical questions.

P.S: Sorry for †нэ long epistle.

We didn't get the same answer na
I just equated the expression to zero
a^2+3ab-b^2=0 then substituted the values u gave. My method may be wrong tho
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
SailorXY:

We didn't get the same answer na
I just equated the expression to zero
a^2+3ab-b^2=0 then substituted the values u gave. My method may be wrong tho

And what was ur answer?

Dont let me even tell you how I got mine cos u r likely to rotfl with laughter.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
oluamid: Like I promised, here are some GMAT questions.....

GMAT Practice Test
GMAT Quantitative
Problem-solving
Solve these problems and indicate the best of the answer choices given. All numbers used are real numbers.
1. If a = 3 and b = -2, what is the value of a2 + 3ab – b2?
A. 5
B. -13
C. -4
D. -20
E. 13
2. 34 is what percent of 80?
A. 34%
B. 40%
C. 42.5%
D. 44.5%
E. 52%
3. Jack and Kevin play in a basketball game. If the ratio of points scored by Jack to points scored by Kevin is 4 to 3, which of the following could NOT be the total number of points scored by the two boys?
A. 7
B. 14
C. 16
D. 28
E. 35
4. Factor the following expression: x2 + x – 12
A. (x – 4) (x + 4)
B. (x – 2) (x + 6)
C. (x + 6) (x – 2)
D. (x – 4) (x + 3)
E. (x + 4) (x – 3)
5. The average of six numbers is 4. If the average of two of those numbers is 2, what is the average of the other four numbers?
A. 5
B. 6
C. 7
D. 8
E. 9
Please check the answers if its correct.
1. B
2. C
3. C
4. E
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10. A
11. E
15. E
question 12, 13 and 14 has typographical errors and as such is unclear to me.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
dmajesticjoe:
omoguess did a great job but let me put it clearer. u first reduce 30 by 20 percent and u'll be left with 0.8*30=24, so that u now increase the result(24) by 20 percent to get 24*1.2=28.8. OR u say 30-(20/100)*30=24 then 24+(20/100)*24=28.8.pls contine the good job bro
final price= %loss* % gain * actual price.
If 100% of the actual price was sold at a loss of 20% there it will be 100%-20%= 80% =0.8 loss . If 100% of the actual price was sold at a gain of 20% it will be 100% of the actual price + 20% gain to give us 120% which is = 1.20.
Then applying the formula.
Final price= 0.8 * 1.20 * 30 = 28.8
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
oluamid:

And what was ur answer?

1. -20
2. 42.5
3. Maybe 7??
4. (X+4)(x-3)
5. ...
6. 71
7. 0.0075
8. $30
9. ...
10. Maybe 1/9??
11. 480
12. Unclear
13. Unclear
14. I don't understand it
15. ...
16. E
17. D
18. C
19. B
20. E ?maybe?
21. A
22. D
23. D
24. C
25. A ?maybe?
26. D
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
emmanuel4fire: Quantitative reasoning.
1. When some technological improvements had been made, it took an hour less than before to manufacture a certaing tool. The same time is now needed to manufacture 30 tools as was needed earlier to manufacture 24 tools. How much time does it require now to make one tool?
A. 5hrs
B. 4 hrs
c. 3hrs
D. 3.5 hrs
2. Amber works 20 days a month in naira per day for m months out of the year. Which of the following represents her monthly pay?
A. m/20d
B. 20d
C. 10md/6
D. 20d/m
E. 20md
Answer to question one:
1. Let X denote hour. If it took x hour before technological improvement to manufacture certains, then when some technological improvement had been made it will took less then an hour ( X-1) to manufacture certain töols.
Therefore
Remember 24 tøols were manufactured before technological improvement but now 30 can be manufacture at same time.
That is
20 tools were produced in x hour, while 30 tools in x -1 hour. Applying the formular
20x= 30(x-1) expand we have
24x= 30x -30 collect like terms we have 20x-30x= -30
-6x=-30 obey the rules. Minus cancel minus we have 6x=30 divide both sides by 6
x=4 hour
2. Its as simple as multiplying how many days he words per month by amount he earns per day. If he works 20 per month at lets say d naira per days then his monthly pay would be 20 days per mönth times d naira which is = 20d.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
Answer to question one:
1. Let X denote hour. If it took x hour before technological improvement to manufacture certains, then when some technological improvement had been made it will took less then an hour ( X-1) to manufacture certain töols.
Therefore
Remember 24 tøols were manufactured before technological improvement but now 30 can be manufacture at same time.
That is
20 tools were produced in x hour, while 30 tools in x -1 hour. Applying the formular
20x= 30(x-1) expand we have
24x= 30x -30 collect like terms we have 20x-30x= -30
-6x=-30 obey the rules. Minus cancel minus we have 6x=30 divide both sides by 6
x=4 5 hour
2. Its as simple as multiplying how many days he words per month by amount he earns per day. If he works 20 per month at lets say d naira per days then his monthly pay would be 20 days per mönth times d naira which is = 20d.
SailorXY:
From ur workings, your answer should be 5hrs for question 1?? I was right then... The second question, I think not devoting a letter for naira makes it confusing *nice idea tho, very informative*
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
oluamid:

And what was ur answer?

I don't think there will be anyone mocking anyone, we are here to prepare ourselves. But it will be better if you share questions you have the workings like emmanuel4fire, that way we will be certain we are right or wrong in case we meet similar questions both in & out of military aptitude tests.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by italkalot: 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
1) http://www.service.nigeriannavy.gov.ng/ OR 2) http://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/Home.aspx

The first seems official, but when i click the "start application" link, nothing happens. 1st also says its the only official recruitment site. 2nd wants me to pay money for the form, but link work.

Help please. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 5:41am On Jul 09, 2013
Answer Key
Quantitative
Problem-solving
1. B. Simply substitute the given values for a and b and perform the required operations.
2. C. This problem is solved by finding x in this equation: 34/80 = x/100.
3. C. Every possible combination of scores is a multiple of 7, since the two terms of the ratio have a sum of seven.
4. E. To solve this problem, work backwards. That is, perform FOIL on each answer choice until you derive the original expression.
5. A. A set of six numbers with an average of 4 must have a collective sum of 24. The two numbers that average 2 will add up to 4, so the remaining numbers must add up to 20. The average of these four numbers can be calculated: 20/4 = 5.
6. C. Prime numbers are those that are only evenly divisible by one and themselves.
7. D. Simple Multiplication.
8. D. Multiply 30 by 0.2 and subtract this from the original price of the shirt to find the sale price: $24. Then multiply 24 by 0.2 and add the product to the sale price to find the final price.
9. C. There are 12 inches in a foot and 3 feet in a yard. Four and a half yards is equal to 162 inches. To determine the number of 3-inche segments, divide 162 by 3.
10. A. If it takes 3 people 3 1/3 days to do the job, then it would take one person 10
3 1 days: 10
3 =
× . Thus, it would take 2 people 5 days, and one day of work for two
people would complete 1/5 of the job.
11. E. There are 60 minutes in an hour, so Dave can deliver 240 newspapers every hour. In 2 hours, then, he can deliver 480 papers.
12. C. Since 4 is the same as 22, 46 = 212. When dividing exponents with the same base, simply subtract the exponent in the denominator from the exponent in the numerator.
13. B. Substitute the given values and solve. Resolve the parenthetical operations first.
14. A. Convert 20% to the fraction 1/5, then multiply by 12/5. The resulting fraction, 12/25, must have both numerator and denominator multiplied by 4 to become a percentage.
15. E. This problem can be solved with the following equation, in which x = the total 1
capacity of the tank: 3
1 +
= x
2 x .
Data sufficiency
16. E. The two statements establish only that Alice is paid more than both Jonathan and Deborah; they do not indicate which of these latter two is paid more.
17. A. Since the cubes of a and b will retain the original sign (whether positive or negative), it will be possible to assess the relative sizes of a and b.
18. A. If the two shorter sides add up to 4 inches in length, the two longer sides must be greater than 4 inches, meaning that the perimeter will be greater than 8 inches.
19. B. The first statement only establishes that a is a positive number; it does not require that a is an integer.
20. C. 60 is the only integer between 40 and 70 that is a multiple of 2, 4, and 5.
21. A. The first statement establishes that the larger group constitutes half of the total amount of marbles, which means it must be equal to 25 marbles.
22. D. For (1), the fact that a positive number multiplied by b has a positive product establishes that b is a positive number. For (2), any positive number with a negative sign placed in front of it will become negative, indicating that b is a positive number.
23. B. It would be possible for x and y to be negative numbers and still satisfy the conditions of (1), but it then would be impossible to satisfy (2).
24. C. As long as the sum of all five test scores can be calculated, it will be possible to calculate the average score.
25. C. In order for (1) to be true, y must be either positive or zero. Therefore, according to the terms of (2), y must be odd.

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 5:53am On Jul 09, 2013
italkalot: 1) http://www.service.nigeriannavy.gov.ng/ OR 2) http://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/Home.aspx

The first seems official, but when i click the "start application" link, nothing happens. 1st also says its the only official recruitment site. 2nd wants me to pay money for the form, but link work.
Help please. Thanks.

Use the 2nd link. It's not a scam. U'd be ask to pay 2,500 using ur verve or master card. Also, you will be charged 100 as bank charges/processing fee bringing d total money to be paid to 2,600. After †нэ payment a confirmation msg containg pin and reference code will be sent to †нэ email u provided during †нэ payment. It is with these that you can log-on to †нэ page and apply. Make the payment fast as sale of forms stops by 12 july.

Help please. Thanks.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 6:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Critical Reasoning
For these questions, select the best of the answer choices given.
26. The latest movie by a certain director gets bad reviews before it opens in theatres. Consequently, very few people go to the movie and the director is given much less money to make his next movie, which is also unsuccessful.
What can be inferred from this scenario?
A. This director makes terrible movies.
B. The general public does not pay attention to movie reviews.
C. The movie reviewers were right about the first movie.
D. Movie reviewers exert influence on the movie quality.
E. The director will not make another movie.
27. The most important determinant of success in life is education. Even children from broken or dysfunctional homes tend to establish themselves as solid citizens so long as they obtain a high school education. On the other hand, children who fail to earn a high school diploma are much less likely to avoid prison, welfare, or divorce.
Which of the following statements most effectively strengthens the above argument?
A. A recent study demonstrated a link between education and lifetime earnings.
B. Most federal prisoners receive a high school diploma while incarcerated.
C. Research indicates that college graduates from abusive homes are more likely to be arrested.
D. Individuals with heart problems are more likely to have postgraduate education.
E. Children from functional homes are more likely to attend preschool.
28. (1) All A are B.
(2) Some B are C.
Which of the following is true?
A. All A are C.
B. No A are C.
C. Some A are C.
D. No C are A.
E. None of the above.
29. Shakespeare is the greatest writer of all time. This is because he wrote the greatest plays, and the greatest writer is the one who composes the greatest works.
Which of the following statements most effectively challenges the reasoning above?
A. This argument disproves its own premise.
B. This argument uses ambiguous language.
C. This argument assumes what it claims to prove.
D. This argument introduces irrelevant evidence.
E. This argument fails to make a clear claim.
30. In the 2000 local election, only 28% of individuals between the ages of 18 and 25 voted. In the 2004 local election, however, candidates made more of an effort to appeal to these younger voters, so turnout was slightly higher at 39%.
Which of the following pieces of information weakens the above argument?
A. The candidates for city council were ages 55, 72, and 64.
B. The turnout among voters between the ages of 35 and 44 was 42% in 2004.
C. Turnout among African-Americans between 18 and 25 decreased from 2000 to 2004.
D. The polls stayed open later on Election Day in 2000.
E. In 2004, a referendum on lowering the legal age for purchasing alcohol to 18 was on the ballot.
31. Members of Congress should not be paid. After all, members of the school board receive no payment, and are therefore not beholden to any particular group.
Which of the following facts most significantly weakens the above argument?
A. Members of Congress can also serve on the school board.
B. Being in Congress is a full-time job, while school board members have time to pursue other occupations.
C. Congress only is in session during part of the year.
D. Members of Congress typically have been successful in their prior professional lives.
E. Members of Congress are not allowed to show favoritism to any particular group.
32. All German cars are safe. Dale drives a German car, so his car is safe.
Which of the following arguments contains logic that closely resembles that of the preceding argument?
A. The newest cars often get better gas mileage. Helen has a new car, which must get better gas mileage.
B. A few of the candidates for governor are women. Dr. Lopez is a woman.
C. No brands of natural peanut butter contain preservatives. The peanut butter in Dave’s cabinet contains preservatives.
D. Every shark has a tailfin. The hammerhead is a kind of shark and therefore has a tailfin.
E. Some days of the week are Saturdays and Sundays. Today is neither Saturday nor Sunday.
33. The Tigers football team usually loses when they score fewer than 30 points. In their game against the Wildcats, they scored 24 points.
Which of the following statements would logically complete the argument with the above premises?
A. The Tigers lost to the Wildcats.
B. The Wildcats are the best football team in the league.
C. The Wildcats probably lost to the Tigers.
D. The Tigers are not a very good football team.
E. The Tigers probably lost to the Wildcats.
34. Dr. Jacobson stood up at the recent town hall meeting and declared that building a new shopping center at the corner of George and Vidalia Streets would be a bad move. He cited transportation department statistics indicating that the intersection would become overloaded with traffic, and would be very dangerous for motorists and pedestrians alike. The mayor dismissed Dr. Jacobson’s opinion, on the grounds that the proposed shopping center is within a block of Dr. Jacobson’s practice.
Why is the mayor’s argument weak?
A. He does not challenge Dr. Jacobson’s argument, but merely challenges him personally.
B. He does not acknowledge the location of his own office.
C. He fails to recognize that Dr. Jacobson would probably welcome a new shopping center near his practice.
D. He does not support his view with statistics from the transportation department.
E. He doesn’t realize that Dr. Jacobson is about to retire.
Sentence correction
These questions present a sentence, all or part of which is underlined. Beneath each sentence you will find five ways of phrasing the underlined part. The first of these repeats the original; the other four are different. If you think the original is best, choose the first answer; otherwise, choose one of the other answers.
These questions test correctness and effectiveness of expression. In choosing your answer, follow the requirements of standard written English; that is, pay attention to grammar, choice of words, and sentence construction. Choose the answer that produces the most effective sentence; this answer should be clear and exact, without awkwardness, ambiguity, redundancy, or grammatical error.
35. If he stops to consider the ramifications of this decision, it is probable that he will rethink his original decision a while longer.
A. it is probable that he will rethink his original decision.
B. he will rethink his original decision over again.
C. he probably will rethink his original decision.
D. he will most likely rethink his original decision for a bit.
E. he probably will rethink his decision a while longer.
36. “When you get older,” she said “you will no doubt understand what I mean.”
A. older,” she said “you will no doubt
B. older” she said “you will no doubt
C. older,” she said, “you will no doubt
D. older,” she said “you will not
E. older”, she said, “you will no doubt
37. Dr. Anderson strolled past the nurses, examining a bottle of pills.
A. Dr. Anderson strolled past the nurses, examining a bottle of pills.
B. Dr. Anderson strolled past the nurses examining a bottle of pills.
C. Dr. Anderson strolled past, the nurses examining a bottle of pills.
D. Examining a bottle of pills Dr. Anderson strolled past the nurses.
E. Examining a bottle of pills, Dr. Anderson strolled past the nurses.
38. Karl and Henry raced to the reservoir, climbed the ladder, and then they dove into the cool water.
A. raced to the reservoir, climbed the ladder, and then they dove into
B. first raced to the reservoir, climbed the ladder, and then they dove into
C. raced to the reservoir, they climbed the ladder, and then they dove into
D. raced to the reservoir; climbed the ladder; and then they dove into
E. raced to the reservoir, climbed the ladder, and dove into
39. Did either Tracy or Vanessa realize that her decision would be so momentous?
A. Tracy or Vanessa realize that her decision would be
B. Tracy or Vanessa realize that each of their decision was
C. Tracy or Vanessa realize that her or her decision would be
D. Tracy or Vanessa realize that their decision would be
E. Tracy or Vanessa realize that their decision was
40. Despite their lucky escape, Jason and his brother could not hardly enjoy themselves.
A. Jason and his brother could not hardly enjoy themselves.
B. Jason and his brother could not enjoy themselves.
C. Jason and Jason’s brother could not hardly enjoy themselves.
D. Jason and his brother could not enjoy them.
E. Jason and his brother could hardly enjoy them.
41. Stew recipes call for rosemary, parsley, thyme, and these sort of herbs.
A. for rosemary, parsley, thyme, and these sort of herbs.
B. for: rosemary; parsley; thyme; and these sort of herbs.
C. for rosemary, parsley, thyme, and these sorts of herbs.
D. for rosemary, parsley, thyme, and this sorts of herbs.
E. for rosemary, parsley, thyme, and these sorts of herb.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 6:37am On Jul 09, 2013
italkalot: 1) http://www.service.nigeriannavy.gov.ng/ OR 2) http://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/Home.aspx

Help please. Thanks.
go and apply. Aptitude test comes 20th July. Its their new website. Check their official site www.navy.mil.ng for the newsite. If you still doubt then let me know so I can use my ATM to purchase it for you with my stress fee of 1000 naira.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by KingsleyEze1(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2013
It has been on sale for some weeks now. I believe the sales should be ending 12th of July -or thereaouts. I do know that the exams is on 20th.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dljbd1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
please guys, I'm at Ojo right now but I'm hearing there are two Nigerian Navy Secondary Schools...that of Alakija and Ojo Agbara road. Please reply quick abeg. I need to go back to Arepo today abeg
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by kiuusm(m): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Which form again and where have u been? the closing date is on the 12 this month that is on Friday

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dljbd1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
someone should answer this man na...Lagos people!
dl_jbd: please guys, I'm at Ojo right now but I'm hearing there are two Nigerian Navy Secondary Schools...that of Alakija and Ojo Agbara road. Please reply quick abeg. I need to go back to Arepo today abeg
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
26. D
27. A
28. C
29. C
30. E
31. B
32. D
33. A
34. A or C *can't make up my mind*
35. C
36. E
37. A
38. A
39. D
40. B
41. A
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by mcfrank88: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
dl_jbd: please guys, I'm at Ojo right now but I'm hearing there are two Nigerian Navy Secondary Schools...that of Alakija and Ojo Agbara road. Please reply quick abeg. I need to go back to Arepo today abeg

Oga d Nigerian Navy secondary is the one @ Alakija. Dats Nigerian Navy Secondary sch OJO. Thrs no Navy secondary school @Abara road ooh. They only have Navy Officers quarters @Okoko. We've talk'd about this b4 and clearified ppl. Read old post. Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by mcfrank88: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Calyb: PLS HOUSE, AM SO CONFUSED NOW. WHEN I WAS FEELING THE FORM, I DONT REALLY KNOW IF I WAS REALLY BLIND, I FILLED EVERYTHING EXCEPT MY PRIMARY AND SECONDARY DETAILS. WHAT SHOULD I DO? SOS PLS
@Calyb iwas able to edit and add my primary and secondary sch info to my alrdy submitted form. Just Log in wit ur email I.d and password, den go to update credential, jst try everytin thr, was on it for abt 20mins b4 I arrived @ a place all my info open'd and I ammended it and re-submitted and re-printed all d copies afresh.
Success in editing urs..

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dljbd1(m): 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
mcfrank88:

Oga d Nigerian Navy secondary is the one @ Alakija. Dats Nigerian Navy Secondary sch OJO. Thrs no Navy secondary school @Abara road ooh. They only have Navy Officers quarters @Okoko. We've talk'd about this b4 and clearified ppl. Read old post. Goodluck.
I love you bro...gratitude!
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 10, 2013
Atlast Airforce shortservice 2013 is out. Lets meet here www.nairaland.com/1351878/nigerian-airforce-dssc-recruitmant-2013
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by xykms101: 2:17am On Jul 10, 2013
SailorXY: 26. D
27. A
28. C
29. C
30. E
31. B
32. D
33. A
34. A or C *can't make up my mind*
35. C
36. E
37. A
38. A
39. D
40. B
41. A
34 is A
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 4:14am On Jul 10, 2013
oluamid: Critical Reasoning
For these questions, select the best of the answer choices given.
26. The latest movie by a certain director gets bad reviews before it opens in theatres. Consequently, very few people go to the movie and the director is given much less money to make his next movie, which is also unsuccessful.
What can be inferred from this scenario?
A. This director makes terrible movies.
B. The general public does not pay attention to movie reviews.
C. The movie reviewers were right about the first movie.
27. The most important determinant of success in life is education. Even children from broken or dysfunctional homes tend to establish themselves as solid citizens so long as they obtain a high school education. On the other hand, children who fail to earn a high school diploma are much less likely to avoid prison, welfare, or divorce.
Which of the following statements most effectively strengthens the above argument?
A. A recent study demonstrated a link between education and lifetime earnings.
B. Most federal prisoners receive a high school diploma while incarcerated.
C. Research indicates that college graduates from abusive homes are more likely to be arrested.
D. Individuals with heart problems are more likely to have postgraduate education.
E. Children from functional homes are more likely to attend preschool.
28. (1) All A are B.
(2) Some B are C.
Which of the following is true?
A. All A are C.
B. No A are C.
C. Some A are C.
D. No C are A.
E. None of the above.
29. Shakespeare is the greatest writer of all time. This is because he wrote the greatest plays, and the greatest writer is the one who composes the greatest works.
Which of the following statements most effectively challenges the reasoning above?
A. This argument disproves its own premise.
B. This argument uses ambiguous language.
C. This argument assumes what it claims to prove.
D. This argument introduces irrelevant evidence.
E. This argument fails to make a clear claim.
30. In the 2000 local election, only 28% of individuals between the ages of 18 and 25 voted. In the 2004 local election, however, candidates made more of an effort to appeal to these younger voters, so turnout was slightly higher at 39%.
Which of the following pieces of information weakens the above argument?
A. The candidates for city council were ages 55, 72, and 64.
B. The turnout among voters between the ages of 35 and 44 was 42% in 2004.
C. Turnout among African-Americans between 18 and 25 decreased from 2000 to 2004.
D. The polls stayed open later on Election Day in 2000.
E. In 2004, a referendum on lowering the legal age for purchasing alcohol to 18 was on the ballot.
31. Members of Congress should not be paid. After all, members of the school board receive no payment, and are therefore not beholden to any particular group.
Which of the following facts most significantly weakens the above argument?
A. Members of Congress can also serve on the school board.
B. Being in Congress is a full-time job, while school board members have time to pursue other occupations.
C. Congress only is in session during part of the year.
D. Members of Congress typically have been successful in their prior professional lives.
E. Members of Congress are not allowed to show favoritism to any particular group.
32. All German cars are safe. Dale drives a German car, so his car is safe.
Which of the following arguments contains logic that closely resembles that of the preceding argument?
A. The newest cars often get better gas mileage. Helen has a new car, which must get better gas mileage.
B. A few of the candidates for governor are women. Dr. Lopez is a woman.
C. No brands of natural peanut butter contain preservatives. The peanut butter in Dave’s cabinet contains preservatives.
D. Every shark has a tailfin. The hammerhead is a kind of shark and therefore has a tailfin.
E. Some days of the week are Saturdays and Sundays. Today is neither Saturday nor Sunday.
33. The Tigers football team usually loses when they score fewer than 30 points. In their game against the Wildcats, they scored 24 points.
Which of the following statements would logically complete the argument with the above premises?
A. The Tigers lost to the Wildcats.
B. The Wildcats are the best football team in the league.
C. The Wildcats probably lost to the Tigers.
D. The Tigers are not a very good football team.
E. The Tigers probably lost to the Wildcats.
34. Dr. Jacobson stood up at the recent town hall meeting and declared that building a new shopping center at the corner of George and Vidalia Streets would be a bad move. He cited
Answers please.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dumcy4real(f): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2013
Goodmorning 2 u all am a new face on dis thread pls can some1 help me out have being trying 2 buy nageria navy form online but given olny transaction refrence no, without pin pls kindly help me out tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (145) (Reply)

2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread / Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124