Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu (11422 Views)

Anambra Central Senate Poll: INEC Shuts Out PDP, APC / PDP: Buhari Thinks Dasuki Wants To Be President / 2015: We’ll Reclaim South-west States —pdp National Vice Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2013
…say ruling party’ll lose 32 states

* ACN holds last convention, approves merger into APC

Prominent opposition party leaders yesterday vowed to wrest power from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2015 elections, describing the reign of the ruling party as “years of the locust.”

Former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd); Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; National Chairman, Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Chief Bisi Akande; the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC; and the All Nigerian People’s Party, ANPP, also threatened to resist any attempt to rig the 2015 elections.

In a veiled reference to President Goodluck Jonathan’s mandate given to the PDP leadership to win at least 32 states instead of its present 23, the opposition leaders said the reverse would be the case in 2015, stressing that the All Progressive Congress, APC, would win 32 states in 2015.

They spoke at the ACN national convention in Lagos yesterday where 4,761 party delegates approved the merger of the party with other opposition parties ahead of the 2015 general elections.

In his solidarity message, Buhari said that the merger would stop political corruption in Nigeria, noting that the APC would rescue the country from the PDP and provide good alternative leadership.

He said that the merger was a unique opportunity for Nigerians to vote for people “with a mission and vision that can translate to good governance that is different from election riggers of the past.”

His words: “I am here to let all Nigerians know that there would be a transfer of power to APC by 2015 general election. Also, I must say here that an average citizen of this great country is tired of insecurity, unemployment among the young graduate, epileptic power supply and unaccountable of pension fund. I want to repeat that there will be a change in the political history of this our great nation come year 2015.”

Akande described the PDP’s almost 14-year rule at the federal level as years of locust, which had drawn Nigeria backwards.

He said: “In the over 13 years that the PDP has been in power, not only has it failed to deliver on its promises, it has infected all institutions of state with its moral infirmity, aversion to the rule of law and entrenched monumental corruption never seen in the history of this country.”

CPC National Chairman, Prince Tony Momoh, said that the merger was being formed to take over power from the PDP and to bring about change and accountability to Nigerians.

He also boasted that come 2015, PDP would lose 32 states to APC.

His words: “This merger talks have come to stay. I am amused by the PDP’s recent statement that they are going to win 32 states during 2015 general elections. I believe that they are speaking the opposite because I am very confident that PDP will lose 32 states in 2015.”

The former governor of Lagos State said that it was very unfortunate that people who did not have vision and solution to the problems of the country were at the helm of affairs.

“This is not the way a great nation is being governed when heartless people put the interest of few individuals to replace the collective interest of the majority,” he said.

Tinubu noted that the merger ‘is a political storm ready to sweep away the reign of terror, poverty, penury, hopelessness, unemployment visionless and political stagnation created by the ruling party.”

His words: “This convention portends the coming of great political change. A storm is brewing. Don’t be frightened. It is a positive storm with a positive wind.

“Those things that have no roots and offer no solution to the plight of the people shall be swept away. This storm will change the political terrain forever. I am not afraid of this storm. I welcome it because the storm is – our new vision; our new party.

“We must join hands with like minds and create a larger wall that will give room for robust politicking, internal democracy and selfless leadership that will rescue the country from the grips of political jobbers who find themselves at the corridors of power.”

“Our people have had enough of having nothing. The current government’s trademark is to throw empty words and hollow action at our problems as if doing nothing will cause our troubles to leave from sheer boredom. Instead, trouble mounts. If this is the government’s idea of transformation, I will have none of it. It seems their notion of change is to go from slow motion to no motion at all.

“If they want to stand still, that is their right. However, they have no right to force the whole nation to stagnate with them. We have things to accomplish and progress to make for the good of the people.

“To rescue Nigerians from the plight of the misgoverned, we must join hands with like-minded progressives in other parties and organisations. We must sacrifice our current partisan identity to create a larger one capable of assuming leadership at the national level. This and only this offers the best chance for Nigeria at this stage.”

On the exit of the ACN from Nigeria’s political space, Tinubu said: “For us, this is not a sad ending; it is the beginning of a great beginning. Let us do what is right so that when history writes its account of this day, it shall write that we lived up to our moral duties by doing what the moment required.”

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola called on the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to play the role of an unbiased umpire to ensure that the merger is delivered.

He said playing the role of a true and unbiased umpire in the merger plan would not only be in the interest of the Commission to clear itself of any prejudice but also in the national interest as a result of the benefits that would accrue from a successful merger of the parties.

On the plans of the ruling party for the next elections, Fashola said: “We are beginning to hear from the ruling party the number of states that they are going to win even before the dates for the next elections have been fixed.

“I say that the most successful football club in the world does not know how many goals it will score against it weakest opponent unless it has reached an agreement with the referee.

“As if that was not bad enough, we are already hearing also from them that they will go back to do what they always know how to do best. But this time, it will not happen.”

Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun said the four participating parties in the merger were determined to ensure the success of the exercise, adding that despite the pessimism expressed by some Nigerians at the possibility of the success of the merger plans, the successful holding of the convention had demonstrated that it was possible and that Nigerians were also committed to change.

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola said the successful holding of the convention represented the death of unemployment, violence and power failure in Nigeria, adding that the struggle to salvage Nigeria must not commence in 2015 with the general elections but in 2013 with the Anambra State governorship elections during which the APC must take over the governorship of that state.

Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha said hope had returned to Nigeria with the successful merger plans as the country’s political landscape would never be the same again, adding that the PDP should start to prepare to be in the opposition from 2015 as the government to be formed by the APC would be people-centred.

Former governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, said that the merger of political parties was the best that had ever happened to Nigeria, adding that there was no going back until an alternative good government was provided to the people of Nigeria.

In his goodwill message, former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and ACN presidential candidate in 2011 elections, Nuhu Ribadu noted that the birth of a new political system, christened APC will give a new hope to Nigerians and the era of corruption which has been the hallmark of the ruling party will be a thing of the past.

Some of the other dignitaries at the event were; Governor Adams Oshiomole (Edo), Chairman of the merger committee, Chief Tom Ikimi; ACN National Secretary, Senator Lawal Shuaibu, the party’s national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed; former governors Olusegun Osoba (Ogun), Niyi Adebayo (Ekiti), Chris Ngige (Anambra), John Oyegun (Edo) and Achike Udenwa (Imo), Senate Minority leader, George Akume, ACN members of National and States House of Assembly and former PDP chairman, Chief Audu Ogbe.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 19, 2013
look at thieves assembled together..ACN is Aggrieved Ex-PDP Members. Old sour wine in New bottle. what has changed? Nathing!

4 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Adurangba(f): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2013
They will lose as usual, go to court, lose and try again in 2019.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by outrage: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2013
Ameeen!!!!!!!

Eyyah, but they are looking old! cry

1 Like

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Adurangba(f): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2013
outrage: Ameeen!!!!!!!

This is why this nation seems to be retrogressing, no chance for the youth. Old cargoes who have been in power since independence are still gladiators in the political landscape.

1 Like

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by PointB: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2013
Look at their faces!
Association of muslim bigots, and boko haram terrorist sympathizers!

16 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by outrage: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2013
PointB: Look at their faces!
Association of muslim bigots, and boko haram terrorist sympathizers!
Really dude!? Its getting boring. *yawns

3 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by PointB: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2013
outrage:
Really dude!? Its getting boring. *yawns

That's an inkling of the 2015 campaign tactics. Better start getting use to it.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Lilimax(f): 8:31am On Apr 19, 2013
outrage: Ameeen!!!!!!!
Truly they are all looking old and expired. We need new and young breed politicians. These ones will have nothing to offer the country.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by PointB: 8:38am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Tuly they are all looking old and expired. We need new and young breed politicians. These ones will have nothing to offer the country.

Perfectly articulated!

These bunch of old, tired, and retired politicians are certainly out for one thing and one thing only - to snatch the future from the the young ones for the benefit of their today. Individually and collectively, they have nothing new to suggest, let alone offer. Their basic, and only intention, is to acquire power for the sake of it, and never for the purpose of service to the nation. Their thinking is, 'if the shoeless Jonathan can become president, why not us privileged men'? Alas they have failed in advance.

Nigeria will certainly see beyond their messianic facade, to their selfish hearts!

4 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by inaluf: 8:40am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Truly they are all looking old and expired. We need new and young breed politicians. These ones will have nothing to offer the country.
Don't mind them, they are just wasting their time although i respect Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by nairaman66(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:

The old ones are the experienced onces!! Although, it's obvious they have hijacked the future..grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Is it your Jonathan and Bamanga that is new?

8 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Gbawe: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2013
Adura_ngba: They will loose as usual, go to court, loose and try again in 2019.

Learn to spell first. Silly illiterate. People like you shame our education system. Rather than address your own deficiency you are always here in hatred of those who are far better than the demons you support. Olodo.

12 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Gbawe: 8:47am On Apr 19, 2013
Personally, I think a cohesive and fastidiously implemented plan will defeat the PDP. Only folks who don't 'get out much' will take the pro-PDP hacks here seriously. The truth is that Nigerians are truly fed up of the PDP. Nothing has cemented the fact that the Party is a bad and worthless gamble more than the "I voted for GEJ and not the PDP" confidence Nigerians placed in Jonathan that Mr.President managed to dash spectacularly to universal chagrin. It is now obvious that no PDP President can deliver the brave fundamental changes Nigeria needs to thrive.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Lilimax(f): 8:48am On Apr 19, 2013
nairaman66:

The old ones are the experienced onces!! Although, it's obvious they have hijacked the future..grin
Their thinking pattern is often retarding grin. We need fresh and young politicians that will brace up with
the advancement of the world. Nigeria has been stagnated for too long. All these old politicians are being recycled for long yet the country has never moved forward.
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Lilimax(f): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2013
Gbawe: Personally, I think a cohesive and fastidiously implemented plan will defeat the PDP. Only folks who don't 'get out much' will take the pro-PDP hacks here seriously. The truth is that Nigerians are truly fed up of the PDP. Nothing has cemented the fact that the Party is a bad and worthless gamble more than the "I voted for GEJ and not the PDP" confidence Nigerians placed in Jonathan that Mr.President managed to dash spectacularly to universal chagrin. It is now obvious that no PDP President can deliver the brave fundamental changes Nigeria needs to thrive.
I've never supported PDP as a party although I voted for GEJ. My view is that why must it be the same set of Old politican that will want to rule the country?. We have dwelth in the same position for too long. We need to move forward and it begins with the person that will be voted into power. If an old politician picked the ticket in this merging, I will not vote for him. My opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by ckkris: 9:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Then accept Roaches Okorosha

1 Like

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Gbawe: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2013
Keneking: Is it your Jonathan and Bamanga that is new?

Please don't mind them. This is what our vacuous, empty barrel looters parading as leaders, like GEJ et al, have always relied on. I.e the notion that Nigerians are their own worst enemy to the extent it can always be taken for granted that they will keep each other distracted while they get on with the business of looting. The main problems of Nigeria that must be tackled , for the nation to make significant progress, are well-defined and have been repetitively illustrated over time by the finest brains in the world. Suffice to say no President since 1999 has shown even the minimal will and genuine commitment to tackling these fundamental problems miring Nigeria in the quicksand of stagnation and underdevelopment.

What we have seen from PDP Presidents since 1999, and will continue to see under them, is gradualism. Sadly, many here are driven irredeemably by the adrenalin of emotion, sentiments and bias so it is impossible to make them ever see what is obvious. To balanced folks, it is obvious that the greatest fundamental woes of Nigeria, the sort capable of derailing nations, remain callously ignored by the PDP. The situation today is more deplorable than ever and this is why the international community is rising up daily , ditching the unspoken commitment to diplomatic decorum, to criticise the GEJ-led Government scathingly and mercilessly.

Other non-Nigerian leaders and analysts are uncomfortably watching a highly callous and ultra-incompetent man leading his Nation towards the abyss and this makes for very unpleasant viewing for them. So much so they have to comment out of sheer exasperation. When Reuters leaked a report in which the Ribadu Petroleum task force, many months ago, advised the Government to shut down an unacceptable avenue of corruption and theft against Nigeria - i.e selling our crude through traders as the only major producer to do this - other leaders must question what manner of leader GEJ is with how he not only tried to openly compromise the Ribadu task force but has actually done nothing months after receiving recommendation regarding fundamental solutions that can tackle fundamental problems. Well, my own prayer is that political sophistication comes to Nigerians quicker than is happening because if we were uniformly sophisticated then there would not be a Nigerian alive unable to discern that PDP = gradualism and gradualism = PDP.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gradualism

grad·u·al·ism (grj--lzm)
n.
1. The belief in or the policy of advancing toward a goal by gradual, often slow stages.
The principle or policy of achieving a goal, as political or economic, by gradual steps rather than by sudden and drastic innovation.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Lilimax(f): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2013
ckkris:
Then accept Roaches Okorosha
No, I will not accept Him. He has been eye that position for a long time subtily. I have been following his leadership in Imo state smiley
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by nairaman66(m): 9:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Their thinking pattern is often retarding grin. We need fresh and young politicians that will brace up with
the advancement of the world. Nigeria has been stagnated for too long. All these old politicians are being recycled for long yet the country has never moved forward.

Rightly said! To them, the country has gone places! They connive with foreign TV stations to paint a monalisa picture of Nigeria in other to gain cheap popularity. I am using the recent constant Cable Broadcast in CNN as a case in point.

I believe a Movement Of The People Enlightenment should commence come 2015! If we can't, God can cool
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by lacasa: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2013
aas long as PDP is dumped, fine by me.

14years of mis-rule is enough for a change.

"Only fools keep going the Wrong way Over and over again"

7 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Demdem(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2013
This is good music to my ears. The killer party headed by the retardeen must die.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Gbawe: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax: I've never supported PDP as a party although I voted for GEJ. My view is that why must it be the same set of Old politican that will want to rule the country?. We have dwelth in the same position for too long. We need to move forward and it begins with the person that will be voted into power. If an old polician picked the ticket in this merging, I will not vote for him. My opinion though.

It is indeed your opinion and you are entitled to it. Yet, it is an opinion, inspected in the light of brutal logic and the Nigerian reality, that is flatly wrong. We all hanker after "youth in leadership" with realising that it is our innate prejudice that make us blind to the obvious i.e "youth in leadership" has happened and has been soundly discredited as one more touted panacea to our woes that has, in reality, not turned out to be valid.

Has youth not already had a chance? Bankole, Yar Adua and GEJ can all be deemed relatively young. How old are most Nigerian Governors? What other type of 'youth' are you then looking for and what level have they not reached? Has the experiment with 'youth' and a "departure from the past" , in the form of Yar Adua and GEJ, not shown Nigerians that it is time for us to stop discriminating and time for us to simply look, as is done successfully elsewhere, at the history, achievement and lifestyle of those who want to lead us?

3 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Sweetlemon(f): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2013
See, Tinubu is no saint! He's a thief sef.
But there are thieves and there are thieves.
Tinubu is the kind of thief we need now at the this particular point to help us do some really dirty work that a clean guy or a good guy will find too disgusting.
let's look at it this way, if you are a neat person and allergic to dirty things/places, you certainly wouldn't want to do some dirty work like clearing your gutter or stuffs like that. you employ someone who is used to filth.
There's just too much filth in the Nigerian system now and we need what I would call a very 'bad-good guy' to do this dirty job. We need him to clear out the filth to create way for a good guy to come in to do the good stuffs. It's like when you want to move into a new house, you clear out the dirt and scrub places before you start furnishing the house.
let's give ACN/APC a chance people, I am very sure they have something much more better to offer us than PDP. Just check out their membership and track records and compare it to PDP. ACN is not a saint party but you can see brilliant minds among them not just empty praise-singers and follow-follow people that mostly makes PDP. Please let's rid ourselves of sentiments. Sentiments will only rob us blind and lead us to our graves with frustration. I am a south-southerner. Proudly Akwa-Ibom, but I can't stand GEJ and his cohorts
God bless Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by nkemKalu: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2013
ocman: look at thieves assembled together..ACN is Aggrieved Ex-PDP Members. Old sour wine in New bottle. what has changed? Nathing!
....YES ACN IS AGGRIEVED EX-PDP MEMBERS WHO DOES NOT LIKE THE STEALING GOING ON IN PDP....AND AFTER SEVERAL COUSELLING PDP DOES NOT SEEM TO CHANGE AND THEY HAD TO LEAVE FOR ACN. THEY MUST JOIN HANDS TO PUSH OUT THOSE THIEVES CALLED PDP

4 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by DJDOLA(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2013
No youth among dis fooools sha
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by nairaman66(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2013
Sweetlemon: See, Tinubu is no saint! He's a thief sef.
But there are thieves and there are thieves.
Tinubu is the kind of thief we need now at the this particular point to help us do some really dirty work that a clean guy or a good guy will find too disgusting.
let's look at it this way, if you are a neat person and allergic to dirty things/places, you certainly wouldn't want to do some dirty work like clearing your gutter or stuffs like that. you employ someone who is used to filth.
There's just too much filth in the Nigerian system now and we need what I would call a very 'bad-good guy' to do this dirty job. We need him to clear out the filth to create way for a good guy to come in to do the good stuffs. It's like when you want to move into a new house, you clear out the dirt and scrub places before you start furnishing the house.
let's give ACN/APC a chance people, I am very sure they have something much more better to offer us than PDP. Just check out their membership and track records and compare it to PDP. ACN is not a saint party but you can see brilliant minds among them not just empty praise-singers and follow-follow people that mostly makes PDP. Please let's rid ourselves of sentiments. Sentiments will only rob us blind and lead us to our graves with frustration. I am a south-southerner. Proudly Akwa-Ibom, but I can't stand GEJ and his cohorts
God bless Nigeria!

Hmm.. Between two thieves, the lesser thief we'll choose come 2015 period!! grin.
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Okijajuju1(m): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2013
If to say na beans, PDP for don commot for Aso Rock since.....

PDP till another truly non-Tribal political party is formed from scratch..

2 Likes

Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by RiKKies: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2013
All stage set.
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2013
Buhari will still contest in 2019 sha...
Re: 2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu by ajos(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2013
aso rock here we come 2015...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Prepared For Edo Governorship Election Despite Security Reports / Buhari Constitutes Committee On Autonomy Of State Legislature (FULL LIST) / I Wasn’t Consulted To Be On Bayelsa APC Campaign Council — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.