Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion (20421 Views)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Develop This Building Plan To Roofing (photo) / How Much Are You Willing To Pay For This Building I Wanted To Sell? / Got 3.8 Millions , Buy This Building ,picture Attached. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by Samuel360: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2013
Just on Thursday I was driving with some friends around the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja and one the questions I was asked is "what is this building?" One of my guys got curious and wanted to know more about this architectural masterpiece on Gana Street, Maitama Abuja.

Now I have the answer, the owner of the 'powerful' house has opened up.
In a chat with Leadership, Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar, chairman of AA Oil Limited, said he acquired the plot of land where the structure was erected in 2005 from an indigene of Zamfara State at a cost of N1 billion. Aliyu, who trained as a building technologist before venturing into oil business, said that he financed the building from his personal savings, as he did not obtain any mortgage from any bank.

“This building belongs to me. I bought the land occupying this building around 2005 from one man from Zamfara State. I bought it for N1billion because of the location. Thereafter, a thought came to me. By the way, I am a builder. I specialize in building houses of model quality. Any house I build is usually very special.

"The whole idea about that is just for everyone to know that it is very possible to replicate the type of things we see in overseas countries in Nigeria. So, I resolved that since I had the opportunity of acquiring this land, I would put up a structure that would be equal to none in the entire city and maybe the country.”

Read More:: http://www./profiles/blogs/this-building-belongs-to-chairman-of-aa-oil-he-bought-the-land-fo

1 Like

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by chucky234(m): 9:12am On Apr 19, 2013
Absurdity

1 Like

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by talktimi(m): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2013
See levels, the man obviously has taste.

5 Likes

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by skillmachine: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Can't see anything special there.
Looks like one of those old buildings abroad.
Well, what do I know. To many, anything abroad is fantastic.
Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 19, 2013
I asked a cab driver if he knew who owns dis house and he said he didn't know, but he can swear it belongs to a thief!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by baynix(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2013
[size=40] E Be Like House Wey Vampire Dey Stay!! [/size] undecided undecided
Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by mekaboy(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2013
Subsidy building.
Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
The Building is very beautiful and the only building in comparison to it will be the Pope House on Pope John Paul Street 9 a few blocks behind this). The Masonry and craftsmanship is not in doubt. I witnessed the buildings construction and I can tell you the building is really beautiful. The only draw back is the lack of space and also it's location on a busy road intersection.

The value of the land is not in doubt as there was a structure already on ground when it was bought. The owner demolished the old structure and rebuilt the house on it's grounds. The value of the land is even cheap since un-developed properties in maitama and Asokoro as well as Aso Drive easily tip the 1 billion naira mark.

4 Likes

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by goldfish80(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
No comment, till I enter inside the house.
Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by Baba419(m): 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
So alhaji bought the land for 1BILLION and built this edifice just to prove a point lipsrsealed
Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by dasparrow: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
@Post

I see! I saw the building too and wondered what it was. It looks like a library of congress or a court house in Washington DC or something. It had white people's statues all over outside the premises of the building. I thought it was some museum or something but never saw people entering or exiting the building. So the building is just standing there like a trophy on a shelf on a busy intersection. Too much money I say!

2 Likes

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by josite: 6:29am On Apr 20, 2013
the man deserves to be congratulated. Now even if his kids are useless and he has already taken the pain to ensure they did not sell the house after he dies, he will for ever be mentioned whenever anybody passes by and wish to know who owns the edifice. AND THAT IS THE SENSE IN BUILDING MONUMENTALLY AND GENERATIONALLY when you have the means to do so.unlike many he doesn't need his kind to perpetuate his name after him. BUILD THIS IN YOUR village and u will forever b remembered in that village even if u choose not to go to the village. I say congratulations to the owner.

NO estate is as real as real estate, be wise and build monumentally and generationally/

2 Likes

Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by otokx(m): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
dasparrow:
@Post

I see! I saw the building too and wondered what it was. It looks like a library of congress or a court house in Washington DC or something. It had white people's statues all over outside the premises of the building. I thought it was some museum or something but never saw people entering or exiting the building. So the building is just standing there like a trophy on a shelf on a busy intersection. Too much money I say!

That too much money belongs to some people in Nigeria
Re: This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion by Focusmind: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
How much did he pay as Tax? He must have something to do with government. The kind of money they call in this country.

FIRS and government will not bother to follow up with the wealthy for them to pay their fair share of tax. Rather they will be busy harassing struggling businesses. The rich in Nigeria makes so much money in property yet pays nothing as tax.

Go to UK and see the contribution of property tax to the coffers of Her Majesty Revenue and Customs. The rich should know that paying their fair share of taxes will enable certain basic things to be fixed and helps curb the menace of joblessness and poverty ravaging the majority of the people.

The rich in Nigeria should be held to an account for them to pay taxes. I can bet you that as a middle working class, I pay more taxes than these billionaires.

Nigeria is a world of two extremes. Extremely poor and stupendously wealthy people.

(1) (Reply)

Furniture & Interior Decoration Company / Cost Estimate for Roofing Different Houses Across Nigeria / What Can One Build On A 30FT X 120ft (half A Plot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.