Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,876 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:45 AM

Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website (24018 Views)

Can You Design A SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE From Scratch ? / How To Create A Social Networking Site Like Facebook Using Wapka / Creating A Social Networking Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Michky: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
Listen up boy. Good site you gat there. However, The world doesnt need another social network. I really wish your site makes it but how you will do it is my worry. I'd have suggested you spend your time gathering more experience till you eventually get that big idea that would make you the next best thing. Dont waste your time promoting failure. Search for a good idea and build another site. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Fantacy1(m): 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Thank God 4 such a young creative mind. God bless Nigeria
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by dokia: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
good job, this is what I like to hear!

------------------------------
Best way to call nigeria: http://www.smileandtalk.com
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by javadoctor(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
Great
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by CLIQBOY(m): 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
the guy try sha..but i created my first site at the age of 13 using html and i have 11000+ members now..
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by hammedkola(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
Nice job....but to say the fact, the colour is NOT just it
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Raymondgabriel(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
Na so boi. Kip it up! So many graduates dey fyn work while 14yr old boi dey sef employed...
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Revolva(m): 12:30am On Apr 20, 2013
grin umm tiv boy.....well its ok sha at 14 ....well he should develop this site weller..oo e no easy to maintain website oo....just check myne @ signature
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Youngsage: 12:55am On Apr 20, 2013
How did he join facebook at 10
when the minimum age for signing up for it is 13years
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by WhyAWhy(m): 1:48am On Apr 20, 2013
Pain: Well, its not good to discourage a young boy..but you dont use an open source shell, modify the template and claim you have invented a website! We need to come to terms with the fact that websites are just like the notebooks of yester-years. You cant claim to have innovated by buying an exercise book off-the-shelf and creating a slum-book out of it!..Or did you ever do that We need to help our nigerian kids manage the transition from the paper age to the electronic age and not swell their heads out of proportion.

What will happen when he wakes up to discover he was no genius?

You took the words out of my mouth

With http://grou.ps/ you can replicate the same site. So creativity = zero

Just like someone saying he built nairaland ground up with html etc.... it's all open source technology that's available to any "i.d.i.o.t" out there.

We should encourage genuine innovation and creativity. BBC will NEVER feature stuffs like this because it's obviously not an innovation.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Feranchek(m): 2:24am On Apr 20, 2013
Nairaland, d guy 1 ovatake u oooo!!! i hope sey u no b AWILO LOGONBA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by jidewin(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2013
Slyr0x:

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/boy-14-launches-website-for-social-networking/
Excellent discovery and excellent post.This type counters negative images foreign media portrays us with. Kudos boy!!! wink cool
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2013
Na the responce I get when I try access the hopeless site...Mtchew.

Even in 20yrs time a Nigerian can never build a social networking site as awesome as facebook. Even Seun Osewa!!!

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Seun(m): 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
Donpuzo: Even in 20yrs time a Nigerian can never build a social networking site as awesome as facebook. Even Seun Osewa!!!
This has nothing to do with Nigeria. No human being from any country in the world has been able to do that. Not even the USA.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
Seun you are wrong, what will you say of Twitter, it is even gaining more grounds than facebook. And in few years time an American or someone from a technologically advanced nation will build a site that will replace facebook.

Why I made mention of Nigeria and you in particular is not because we majorly lack the prerequisite skill. But the capabilities at our disposal in this part of the world just won't permit!

I won't entirely rule out the issue of skill. But I think other factors militate against technological progress!
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by caustical: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
My advice for the young man is to remove "the" from the website just like Sean Parker advised Mark Zuckerberg.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by dansmog(m): 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn: ^
shyzai YAHOO
thank you
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Idenyijoshua(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
Wow, this is wonderful.
I must sai dat I'm impressed
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by nicetime: 1:16am On Apr 21, 2013
Carry on my boy! U are the true son of my uncle, is me your brother yes i mean nice time grin
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by anitank(f): 2:05am On Apr 21, 2013
nice
but the site looks like a place where kids come to play and draw with pencil and crayons
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Awofy: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2013
I have said this many time,we don't have a problem in this country the ony problem we have is our leader they are passionless and vision-less . imagine if the power in Nigerian stay for a years without am tell u people will bring glory to Nigeria,it would funny that our economy will be the strongest in the world.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Awofy: 9:52am On Apr 21, 2013
anitank: nice
but the site looks like a place where kids come to play and draw with pencil and crayons

u have problem do ur own and let see.. a 14 years old come up with this and all what and you compliment is to gooffed, imagine who he will be when he got to you age.get a life.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by anitank(f): 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
Awofy:

u have problem do ur own and let see.. a 14 years old come up with this and all what and you compliment is to gooffed, imagine who he will be when he got to you age.get a life.
U gott me wrong. Did u see d part where I said "nice"??
I only meant the SN site might attract only young teenagers who are about his age and below........but then maybe that's the idea.
I didn't remember saying anything contrary or badmouthing the young boy's efforts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Website Name / What Is A CAPTCHA And What Is It Used For In Web Browsing? / 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.