Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports (1656 Views)

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested / Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by tyson55(m): 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
Watertown: The two suspects in Monday's Boston Marathon bombing have been identified as men from Chechnya.

Earlier today they killed a police officer at the MIT campus, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said.

A law enforcement intelligence bulletin obtained by the AP identified the surviving bomb suspect as 19-year-old Dzhokhar A Tsarnaev of Cambridge, Massachussets.

Two law enforcement officials told AP that Tsarnaev and the other suspect, who was not immediately identified, had been living legally in the US for at least one year.

Authorities say the suspects threw explosives from the car as police followed it into Watertown. The suspects and police exchanged gunfire and one of the suspects was critically injured and later died.

Police said in a briefing that the suspect at large is a "terrorist" who "came here to kill people." They are combing the area in his pursuit and have asked residents to stay home and not admit strangers into their houses.

MIT, one of the world's top universities, is situated in Cambridge, Massachusetts, just across the Charles River from Boston where three people were killed and 180 injured in a double bomb attack on the marathon on Monday.

The dramatic developments today came shortly after the FBI released the pictures and video of the two men suspected of planting the bombs, appealing for help to identify the pair who were carrying large backpacks.

Both appeared to be young men, one dressed in a white baseball cap and the other in a black cap. The FBI gave no details of their identities or origin, naming them only as Suspect One and Suspect Two.

Authorities said that a second police officer was wounded in the dramatic nighttime operation which saw heavily armed police swoop on the Watertown district and cordon off a large area of the university and surrounding streets.

Media reports said the events cascaded with a robbery at a gas station followed by the killing of the campus officer and then a car chase to Watertown.

The NBC-WJAR channel showed a film of a man lying on the ground in a street in the town and surrounded by police.

The university warned students to stay indoors as police with rifles patrolled the streets and search helicopters flew above the campus.

http://m.ndtv.com/article/world/boston-marathon-bombing-suspects-are-brothers-of-chechen-origin-say-reports-356286
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Mobsync(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
We've heard.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by superior1: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
They are also both Muslims

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Jenny20(f): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
Are these people just more easily led by the nose, and convinced with lies that they'll find nirvana by murdering innocents.

So much for a peaceful religion.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by idupaul: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
superior1: They are also both Muslims

Please tell them
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by tyson55(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
Double post.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by tyson55(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Al-Qaeda has been active in Chechnya for years and have successfully radicalized the rebels there. Russia has been plagued by Chechen terrorists ever since that have resulted in hundreds of deaths from bombs on trains, planes, crowded theatres and even an entire school full of primary school children, most of whom died. Chechens have been fighting our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan throughout the wars. This is likely connected to Al-Qaeda.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Feedmemore(f): 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
This certainly seems to be a completely justified shooting by police and while I would like to see the second offender captured for information purposes - if he has to eat pavement too - well so be it.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by tomakint: 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
....and they want me to believe this is a RELIGION OF PEACE? PEACE INDEED! undecided
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by wilywily9: 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
ChenChens are Moslems and every moslem is a .........................................st
Chenches are nice people even Osama Bin Laden and Boko Harams are good people
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by tomakint: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Feedmemore(f): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
Capture the remaining suspect and let the waterboarding in Watertown begin. Get to the bottom of this horrific plot.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by kkkp: 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
So wots d big deal Or did anybdy force u 2 accept islam
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by elampiro(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Now, what is the gain?
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Quaritch(m): 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ndi alakuba as usual
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Quaritch(m): 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Feedmemore(f): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
BOSTON (AP) — In May of 2011, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, then a senior at a prestigious high school, was awarded a $2,500 scholarship from the city of Cambridge, Mass., to pursue higher education. Now, Tsarnaev is on the run, described as "armed and dangerous" and suspected of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Two brothers, one now dead, one alive and at large. After hours of only grainy images of two men in baseball caps to go on, a portrait gradually started emerging Friday of the men suspected in the attack.

Tsarnaev, 19, and his older brother, Tamerlan, who was killed during a violent night in Cambridge, had been living together on Norfolk Street in Cambridge. An uncle, Ruslan Tsarni of Montgomery Village, Md., told The Associated Press that the men lived together near Boston and have been in the United States for about a decade. They came from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's page on the Russian social networking site Vkontakte says he attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, graduating in 2011, the year he won the scholarship, which was celebrated with a reception at City Hall, according to a news release issued at the time. Before moving to the United States, he attended School No. 1 in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim republic in Russia's North Caucasus that has become an epicenter of the Islamic insurgency that spilled over from Chechnya. On the site, he describes himself as speaking Chechen as well as English and Russian. His world view is described as "Islam" and he says his personal goal is "career and money."

Tsarnaev appeared in the video released by authorities on Thursday, identified as Suspect Number 2, striding down a sidewalk, unnoticed by spectators who were absorbed in the race. He followed Tamerlan by about 10 feet. He wore what appeared to be a gray hoodie under a dark jacket and pants, and a white baseball cap facing backward and pulled down haphazardly.

Tamerlan was stockier, in khaki pants, a light T-shirt, and a dark jacket. The brim of his baseball cap faced forward, and he may have been wearing sunglasses.

According to the website spotcrime.com, Tamerlan was arrested for domestic violence in July 2009, after assaulting his girlfriend.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by imperiouxx(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
This other still at large

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
Jenny20: Are these people just more easily led by the nose, and convinced with lies that they'll find nirvana by murdering innocents.

So much for a peaceful religion.

So much for the stolen pic you have got on your profile.. undecided
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
This is an opportunity for America to invade Chechnya and probably Russia in the fight against terrorism and terror... We just can't allow these people to deny us(in the West) our freedom... America must show Russians and chechens who the real boss... Invade Russia and Chechnya now - time to show them what we did to the Iraqis and Afghans.grin

God bless America. grin
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by infonubia(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
The FBI released the identity of the two suspects in connection with the Boston Marathon explosion. These two brothers are from Russia's Chechnya Caucasus, a region plagued for many years by a bloody on-off Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars since the Soviet Union broke up in 1991.

The USA Today reported this about the region:

Militants from Chechnya and other restive regions in Russia's volatile North Caucasus have targeted Moscow and other areas with bombings and hostage-takings for more than 20 years. The allegations of ties to Monday's Boston bombings are the first connection of terror attacks in the United States.

Predominantly Muslim, Chechnya declared independence from Russia in November 1991. A full-scale separatist war broke out in 1994 and lasted through most of the 1990s. It was only after a second wave of Russian military action in the early part of the last decade that Chechnya fell under firmer Russian control.

Already, the older of the two brothers have been confirmed dead while the younger brother, identified as Dzhokhar Tsaenaev, a 19 year old who lived in Cambridge, just outside of Boston, is on the run.

This revelation buttresses my thoughts on Tim Wise's article about White privileges at it relates to the Boston Marathon bombing, where I tried to explain why Whites aren't suspected when an act or terror is perpetrated.

For now, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that Dzhokhar will be caught (preferably alive). Kudos to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies that sprung into action since the tragic incident.

www.infonubia.com
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by tyson55(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
Any Russian will tell you that Chechens are NOT Russian. They always fought for Islam. Anytime something goes BOOM in Russia - 99% its Chechens. They run criminal rackets all over Russian cities and are known hard core killers. Chechens also are mercenaries for jihad all over the world. You will find them fighting in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Syria and Lybia. When the media says "foreign fighters - they are almost always referring to Chechens. These are the people who did the Beslam massacre of hiundreds of kids. Now you get the picture.
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
[size=13pt]An excerpt from Yahoo:[/size]

The suspects' uncle told the local CBS News station that the pair had lived in the country since 2002. The uncle, when told that one of his nephews was killed, replied that he deserved it. “He deserved his. He absolutely deserved his,” Ruslan Tsarni said. “They do not deserve to live on this earth.”

Tsarni said he learned his nephews were suspects by reading a Russian language news source. "Since these people do have association to me by blood, I say they're barbarians," he added.

In an emotional press conference later, Tsarni said his nephews had brought shame upon his family and called them "losers." He said they were not "able to settle themselves" and were "angry at everyone who was able to."

"Dzhokhar, If you're alive, turn yourself in and ask for forgiveness from the victims, the injured and those who left," he said. "He put a shame on our family. He put a shame on the entire Chechnyan ethnicity. Turn yourself in."
He added that he hadn't been in touch with the family for several years, but would not say why.

"I'm ready to kneel in front of them and ask their forgiveness," Tsarni said of the victims of his nephews' crime. "I respect this country; I love this country ... this country that gives everybody chance to be treated like human being." Tsarni said he and his family are Muslims, but that anyone who connects the crime to religion is a "fraud."
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
tyson55: Any Russian will tell you that Chechens are NOT Russian. They always fought for Islam. Anytime something goes BOOM in Russia - 99% its Chechens. They run criminal rackets all over Russian cities and are known hard core killers. Chechens also are mercenaries for jihad all over the world. You will find them fighting in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Syria and Lybia. When the media says "foreign fighters - they are almost always referring to Chechens. These are the people who did the Beslam massacre of hiundreds of kids. Now you get the picture.

Utter bolex!!

Why did Russia fight so hard to keep Chechens as part of Russia?

So they're terrorists now because the chicken has come home to roost... However, when the CIA was using chechens for their covert operations against Russia, they were saints no? When the US used them as mercenaries in Libya, they were saints, no? They also work for US in Syria and have killed thousands of people there...

Suffice to say, America is the architect of its own downfall - so save my that crap about chechens not being Russians.. The only thing America can do now to bring them to justice is to attack Chechenya like it did in Afghanistan - failure to do so would mean America is a weak country lol... Let's get it popping with the Russians!!

2 Likes

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Jenny20(f): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
shymexx:

So much for the stolen pic you have got on your profile.. undecided

What a reckless accusation...

Do you know me from Adam ?
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2013

How do you know they are both Moslems?

By the Way Timothy Mcveigh of the Oklahoma bombing and Adam Lanzai of the Sandy Hook elementary were not Moslems
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
Jenny20:

I know you from Eve. The Tattoo on your boobs look "Similiar" familiar
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by polokor60(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
shymexx:

Utter bolex!!

Why did Russia fight so hard to keep Chechens as part of Russia?

So they're terrorists now because the chicken has come home to roost... However, when the CIA was using chechens for their covert operations against Russia, they were saints no? When the US used them as mercenaries in Libya, they were saints, no? They also work for US in Syria and have killed thousands of people there...

Suffice to say, America is the architect of its own downfall - so save my that crap about chechens not being Russians.. The only thing America can do now to bring them to justice is to attack Chechenya like it did in Afghanistan - failure to do so would mean America is a weak country lol... Let's get it popping with the Russians!!
You are a great historian.Any publication from you about the history of mankind and it's various races could earn you a nomination for a noble prize.
I have followed up most of your articles about the international community and i must say i duff my hat for you. cool
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
Jenny20:

Nah, I know you from Methuselah... undecided

Just stop being an ignorant and lousy numbnut - and learn how to respect other people's religion... undecided
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
polokor60: You are a great historian.Any publication from you about the history of mankind and it's various races could earn you a nomination for a noble prize.
I have followed up most of your articles about the international community and i must say i duff my hat for you. cool

Thanks, sir..
Re: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Are Brothers Of Chechen Origin, Say Reports by Jenny20(f): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
shymexx:

Nah, I know you from Methuselah... undecided

Just stop being an ignorant and lousy numbnut - and learn how to respect other people's religion... undecided

Where did I desrespect other people's religion? undecided

And Can you please stop quoting me in psychotic haste? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asylum Seekers From Ghana, Nigeria Fleeing US For Canada / The Electoral College Can Pick A President Who Got Fewer Votes.here's Why And Ho / Israel Destroys S-300 Missiles Sent To SYRIA While World Focuses On EGYPT!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.