Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Ban Surrogate Tobacco Adverts - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ban Surrogate Tobacco Adverts (1248 Views)

Web Template And Adverts Designs / Adverts Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ban Surrogate Tobacco Adverts by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
Creating this magazine print ad for a client.
The point is that in some places tobacco advertising is banned.
Tobacco companies now use surrogate strategies to advertise tobacco.
How does this work, they may choose to advertise a bottled water, but they will subtly use their brand color in the adverts. You will not sense any danger, but they are sending strong messages. They may also advertise style clothing or anything that looks innocent, but will indirectly advertise tobacco consumption.

Now, i was given a task to design an advert that will speak (not basically against tobacco consumption), but against surrogate advertising strategies been used by tobacco companies. I started thinking. I am given one month to research, think and design an ad to that effect. I have done four, but I do not think I have really arrived to the one i will present to my client.

I want you to take a look at the four i have done, and see if you can suggest how i can improve on the ad. You can even go on and think and suggest any idea that will bring the intended message more home.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Name This Super Hero / Graphic Designer Needed (PS, FW Or AI) / Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.