Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? (30404 Views)

Why Dipping Bread Inside Tea Is Wrong [habit Clinic] / Picture Of A Nigeria Police Eating Beans And Bread In The Bush / Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by harthonder(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2013
It can make me to vomit if someone his diping bread inside in my presence.

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by emmydee(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2013
Simple bad manners not just "bad table manners". It makes u look foolish, uncultured, uncivilized & unfit to exist among normal human beings.

4 Likes

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by vandarsar(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2013
I still did it early this morning self. Just don't see any other way round it, at least here in Nigeria where virtually almost edible things are prepared,sold,served and eaten using hands.

Am not in Paris yet so I can't behave like the Parisians.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by daywatcher: 9:20am On May 07, 2013
its a 'NIGERIAN' thing and we do it because that is how we like and enjoy it. Don't call it 'wrong' because oyinbo/foreigners don't do it. Not everything we do is wrong because foreigners/oyinbo don't do it.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Nuzo1(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2013
I don't know if its a bad habit or not but I find it to be disgusting.

I aslo think its unheaalthy cos most times, your unwashed fingers come in contact with the tea within the process.

Come to think of it, white folks dip cookies/biscuits in milk too. grin

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 07, 2013
saintdeby: if u eating alone its okay, but eating wit someone its not gud
Kindly specify who the someones are,or are u expecting me to be eating bread and tea phonetically with my siblings/family i grew up with? or with the woman thats gonna be with me forever? or with my homies? GADDEMIT! One of these days its gonna be grammatical structures and rules and regulations on how to and how not to eat eba..
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by haykayneyo: 9:21am On May 07, 2013
ifyalways: I dunk 24/7.Bread,biscuits,everything.No apology cool
The people that matters(family,friends) dont care,any other person offended can dash me him tea or bread.

Gbam, true talk
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by lbotus(f): 9:22am On May 07, 2013
I dunk bread in tea.the feeling is heavenly....yummy yummy.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Bofemsky(f): 9:23am On May 07, 2013
Popowaa: I dont do it because i dont even like eating bread with liquid food since it makes me wanna puke.It's either i eat the bread first or eat it after the tea.
true talk; even if a crumb of bread falls inside the tea, I will not drink that tea again!
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by eriegua83: 9:24am On May 07, 2013
Girls can pretend nd na dem dey soak bread for tea, see as dem dey shout disgusting even d one wen dey answer popo*****
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Ikoniko(f): 9:24am On May 07, 2013
[quote author=omotola1]I do not only dip bread in tea, I allow it to even soak for like 30 minutes.
You may call me bush man if you like. ;
u just make me throw up this morning. Haba, sucking bread for 30 minutes?
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Bofemsky(f): 9:25am On May 07, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Just because you think it's okay and do it in your house doesn't mean that it's right undecided
Infact, why do something you cannot do in public in private?
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Ebestsmscom: 9:26am On May 07, 2013
Didn't make sense to me.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by vandarsar(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2013
Confirm African soldier!
No time to check time!

OlowoTee: Seriously, my little man wouldn't want to have it any other way cheesy he prefers to have his bread soaked in tea, then he scoops cheesy When he wakes up at midnight and you hear..."Mummy, bread and tea" then you know it's time for action cheesy

While I seldom do this, I just don't know where he got the idea from :/ *wink*

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Chinom(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2013
It might be 'Yummy yummy" to some people, but i cannot eat a soggy bread. You won't be eating breakfast with me if you dunk your bread. The worst part is when they try to bite off the bread and the tea just drips round the mouth.
How is that not disgusting ?.

2 Likes

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Nobody: 9:30am On May 07, 2013
omotola1: I do not only dip bread in tea, I allow it to even soak for like 30 minutes.
You may call me bush man if you like. grin
I rub butter on mine first then watch as the butter melts into the tea and deep into the bread. Un sliced bread is the best for this. The cruder the fuller mouth and if there's sliced cooked egg nearby, you try to force it into your already filled mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by brotherlyn(m): 9:34am On May 07, 2013
If you have holes in your molars and premolars, (Teeth issues)i think the ideal thing to do is to soak it in the tea and swallow. It softens the bread and makes it eatable.

But, if on the other hand, your dentition is strong, i think it is not advisable to dip it into tea.

Either ways, whatever you are comfortable with, feel free to do it in the closet.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by IYANGBALI: 9:35am On May 07, 2013
what made not to be good?have you not heard of the saying one man,s food is another man,s poison?
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by gladiator12: 9:38am On May 07, 2013
I also do it oh smiley and i really enjoy soaking it in my tea. But when i am in a cafeteria i don't or when i am with visitors embarassed
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by IYANGBALI: 9:40am On May 07, 2013
Bofemsky: true talk; even if a crumb of bread falls inside the tea, I will not drink that tea again!
liar
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by donwilz(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2013
It's not about forming, my dad stopped my siblings and I from doing this as kids. I was barely seven years when I stopped it. It now disgusts me when I see people do it. The bread from the tea looks so gross. This one no be forming o.. Na fact.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by gladiator12: 9:42am On May 07, 2013
emmydee: Simple bad manners not just "bad table manners". It makes u look foolish, uncultured, uncivilized & unfit to exist among normal human beings.
whatever, you don't know what you are missing. Try putting buttered bread in ur tea before eating then report to me how it tastes. For your tosh sake please do it when no one is watching grin
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Mercyu1(f): 9:43am On May 07, 2013
Its a very bad table manner just like putting too much food into ur mouth at a time

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 07, 2013
Dippin bread in tea is d next best thing after a good fvck.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by vandarsar(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2013
Hilarious!

"i dip bread in my tea but dont allow it to soak for too long" I can't really stop laughing, that makes the 2 of us really

But it makes no diff dear, what matters is you do it too!
aanumama: i dip bread in my tea but dont allow it to soak for too long. tongue tongue tongue
my nephew will even dip his bread in fanta/coke grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Cutepie1(f): 9:57am On May 07, 2013
Am even doing dat right nw in ma room

2 Likes

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 07, 2013
There was a time I'd make a hole in the centre of the bread and pour my mineral or kunu inside.. tongue tongue embarassed embarassed

Bia, Jomo Kenyatta, takirizzy!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 07, 2013
DISGUSTING AND RAZZ. ALSO DISGUSTING IS PEOPLE WHO ROLL EBA LIKE 10 TIMES INSIDE THEIR PALMS TRYING TO MAKE A BALL. ALSO DISGUSTING IS PEOPLE WHO TIP THEIR PLATE OVER INTO THEIR MOUTH TO DRINK THE STEW LEFT.

2 Likes

Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Cashio(m): 10:10am On May 07, 2013
It's neither good nor bad..it's simply barbaric...but i dodip ma bread 4 ma tea when ever i am alone cos it tastes better.
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by Gennyz(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2013
INVEST IN PIGGERY, EARN 50% OF YOUR CAPITAL INVESTMENT EVERY YEAR.

NOTE: Investor will only need to buy the needed things; you don’t need to risk your money by giving cash. Every detail where is subject to further independent inquiry

I got along with a good friend of mine, who took me through Pig Farming, he started with
4 Female Pigs
2 Male Pigs
On December 2010, today he has grown a total 213 pigs (1 year 7months now)
1 pig = #50,000 - #70,000
213 pigs= #10,650,000 million @ N50,000
It takes 10-12 months to have it grown to the fullest, 1 female can give birth twice a year, with an average birth rate of 25-30 pigs per year.

The demand for puck meat is very high today, even Lagos state Government is ready to give free land for large scale Pig Farmers; China today can only get 60% from their puck from Britain. Lots of companies abroad are looking for pig farms to book meat; all they need is a steady supply, if you doubt me simply check China’s online biggest market, you will be amazed.

Am looking for a Partner, who can invest #350,000 only, I will do the entire dirty job on the following terms.
1. Once you receive a total sum of #1,750,000 from the joint venture, the deal is called off.
2. Investor is free to know everything except my client base.
3. Every Internal transaction must go through the bank for record purposes.
4. An investor must have personnel in the farm to protect his/her interest (optional), and report directly to him, and must be a male not female to aid me in the farm.

ANNUAL FINANCIAL PROJECTION:
Am looking forth to growing 200-300 pigs every year, putting my financial benefit at the tone of #14,000,000 -#21,000,000 annually @ N70,000 each.

LIST ITEMS TO BUY
1. Feed N90,000 for (first and second generation)
2. Rent and Animal Pen N100,000
3. Water tank ***
4. Medication ***
5. Housing for the Pigs
6. Baby Pigs N50,000
7. Water and other expenses N110,000 the only cash that will be giving to be to enable me take care of the farm.

call me on 07032149190 or royalprince005@hotmail.com
Re: Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? by mekaboy(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2013
emmydee: Simple bad manners not just "bad table manners". It makes u look foolish, uncultured, uncivilized & unfit to exist among normal human beings.

Pls what do u mean by uncultured? Define culture, most traditional african foods, the solid is dipped in the liquid, like yam and oil, eba and soup, bread in tea. It is our culture to deep the solid in liquid.

So when you say uncultured, whose culture is taking a bite of bread and sipping tea? Is it our culture! Or are u saying the white mans culture is the only culture and anybody that does anything outside that is uncultured?

U don't see white people dipping chips in tomato sauce? Its cool abi?

People that make such statement don't even know their background.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area? / Nigerian Man Wins Cooking Award In The US, Hosted On Good Morning America.Photos / Help! I Can't Stop Drinking Tin Milk Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.