Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. (25404 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by omonnakoda: 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
safeLove: All this "mental illness" talk na wa o!

A woman is not happy in her marriage and is nagging the beJesus out of her husband and a man who is confused about the situation and some people are calling her a "mad".

That means a lot of married women in Nigeria are mentally ill naw.

My opinion,she's just showing her true self which op never saw (or refused to see) during courtship.

@OP,hang in there o! Marriage is for better for "worst" . Maybe its you who will eventually need mental treatment by the time she's done with you.
I don't think she is mad but there are some key things that stand out

Problem with almost all her siblings
Problem with neighbours
Problems in previous adressess
Suspicious about "diabolical things"
All those 4 issues without talking about the marital issues suggest an individual with certain personality traits .
The assumption of course is the OP has told the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
The next question that comes to mind is WHO does this person get on with?
If the story is true then she has personality problems just as one would say that a thief or liar does.That is NOT "madness" but then if someone writes personality problem and the reader reads "madness" perhaps that is an "education" issue.People should educate themselves better.There are people who quarrel with everyone,have no friends and are difficult to get on with . We all know such people.No one calls them "MAD" but such things do exist

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
omonnakoda: I won't say it is resolved.It is just necessary to agree on what we mean for our own purposes when we use a word. Many Psychiatrists maintain the distinction.Here is an article where someone argues against separating the two .
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/180/2/110.full

Thanks for that.

I think there are so many "abnormal" personalitities that makes it unhelpful to class them as illnesses(MY VIEW)
eg excessive lying,dishonesty etc may mark a particular personality
or violence,fighting drunkenness
or excessive promiscuity.
It would not be helpful to "MEDICALIZE" every abnormal behaviour especially if the individual has ALWAYS behaved like that in contrast to a CHANGE whether sudden or gradual

I completely agree, however, when multiple/extreme abnormal behaviors come together to fit into a personality disorder subtype, to me that's when I see a problem. But yes, there's crazy in all of us! cheesy
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by ehiblessing(f): 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
Just one word for u she needs deliverance and you guys better do it fast before it destroys your marriage
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
@Poster

If the prayer I recommended above does not help and your story is true and you don't have your own faults which is making her to behave like she is, then get out of that house if you love yourself.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by birdman(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
safeLove: All this "mental illness" talk na wa o!

A woman is not happy in her marriage and is nagging the beJesus out of her husband and a man who is confused about the situation and some people are calling her a "mad".

That means a lot of married women in Nigeria are mentally ill naw.

My opinion,she's just showing her true self which op never saw (or refused to see) during courtship.

@OP,hang in there o! Marriage is for better for "worst" . Maybe its you who will eventually need mental treatment by the time she's done with you.

o pari. lord have mercy
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by deletrue: 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
Okon.akpan:
Thanks for your concern and contributions.
You are offshore worker? I may be wrong but is she not a jealous lady? When you were not together as husband and wife she was not like this. Do you satisfy her in the bed? Women do not play with that area. You look at this as joke joke. Try this advice in addition to others. When i was young even now, when am through with my wife, the first question in the morning is ' what will you eat?' you know why? I would satisfied her in the bed? Most women requires complete satisfaction. Do not spare her, but do not injure here
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
deletrue: You are offshore worker? I may be wrong but is she not a jealous lady? When you were not together as husband and wife she was not like this. Do you satisfy her in the bed? Women do not play with that area. You look at this as joke joke. Try this advice in addition to others. When i was young even now, when am through with my wife, the first question in the morning is ' what will you eat?' you know why? I would satisfied her in the bed? Most women requires complete satisfaction. Do not spare her, but do not injure here
Jezuz Kries!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2013
deletrue: You are offshore worker? I may be wrong but is she not a jealous lady? When you were not together as husband and wife she was not like this. Do you satisfy her in the bed? Women do not play with that area. You look at this as joke joke. Try this advice in addition to others. When i was young even now, when am through with my wife, the first question in the morning is ' what will you eat?' you know why? I would satisfied her in the bed? Most women requires complete satisfaction. Do not spare her, but do not injure here

grin grin
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2013

You married a wife that is why you are enjoying your marriage. But if a man marries a woman then you'll understand that after satisfying her in bed every night then she will start to use that to punish the man, this is when she will be complaining she is tired every night, yet she won't be tired of charting on the phone all day and of all the other useless activities she loves doing.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by safeLove(f): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
omonnakoda:
I don't think she is mad but there are some key things that stand out

Problem with almost all her siblings
Problem with neighbours
Problems in previous adressess
Suspicious about "diabolical things"
All those 4 issues without talking about the marital issues suggest an individual with certain personality traits .
The assumption of course is the OP has told the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
The next question that comes to mind is WHO does this person get on with?
If the story is true then she has personality problems just as one would say that a thief or liar does.That is NOT "madness" but then if someone writes personality problem and the reader reads "madness" perhaps that is an "education" issue.People should educate themselves better.There are people who quarrel with everyone,have no friends and are difficult to get on with . We all know such people.No one calls them "MAD" but such things do exist

I know she's not mad and am not particularly saying anyone called her mad. My point is that she's probably always have been who OP is seeing now,but never addressed it then.

Some people are naturally difficult to live with. A lot of people,both men and women, actually have the same characters OP described.Like I said,the hubby either didn't see those traits or just chose to ignore them.

Abeg,is OP the only man who works offshore? Do other guys on the rig go home to wives who nag them? So should he leave his work and stay by her like some posters suggested.

Am sure OP too has his own level of "Craze" but is downplaying it for the sake of the marriage.

Some women are just plain difficult to live with,even from some posts here on NL,you can tell. (No be me talk am o) lol!!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by deletrue: 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
na U go tire:
I am sorry about your situation. Put it in prayer. By the way, I must correct your english. It is 'things become worster' and not 'things became worst' as you write. I dont know what our schools are making these day. Standard of education is now too poor. Terrible.
Then, i will also correct you. It is not as you write' but ' as you wrote ' or 'as written ' in your thread.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by deletrue: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
na U go tire:
I am sorry about your situation. Put it in prayer. By the way, I must correct your english. It is 'things become worster' and not 'things became worst' as you write. I dont know what our schools are making these day. Standard of education is now too poor. Terrible.
Then, i will also correct you. It is not as you write' but ' as you wrote ' or 'as written ' in your thread. Good for you.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by NLGwoodey: 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2013
Divorce her and move on!
R. Kelly' song..."when a woman is fed up; there is nothing you can do about it"

People will advise you to manage this, manage that. But all those men/women
killed by their respective spouses were told the same until the inevitable
happens. The trend shows that this woman may end up poisoning you if push comes
to shove.

Just divorce her a#s and get on with your life. Then figure out the best way to
take care of your kid.

As a swing trader, we call it STOP LOSS. It is not going to get any better. Don't be
like a typical Nigerian that keeps hoping/praying that things will get better. And
they never get better. Be a man and be decisive.

Oh...I forgot...datz all.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by chic2pimp(m): 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
pro01: The more patient a man is, and the more tolerant, and conciliatory and 'decent' he is, the more likely his wife is to constitute herself into a ruthless she-devil. I have noticed that the no-nonsense men generally have the ideal wives, i.e., women who would shut the eff up and do what they are told.

I don't think I would tolerate one tenth of the behaviour you just described here. I guess she is emboldened to come up with more BS by the soft way you have been dealing with her, and by your conciliatory approach to her crap. Push her out of the damn house back to her parents' house. If she stays there for a month or two, and still doesn't learn from her mother how to be a decent wife (the old-fashioned, traditional way), then she should not bother to return to your house. Thousands of nubile and eligible women are fasting on mountains from Isale-Oshin to Ajaokuta, praying to find a well-to-do husband like you to call their own. They would be more than happy to replace this bitch. Thankfully, you have just one child so far. Dash her that one and prepare your sperm-bank to shoot more into the wombs of more fertile and subservient women that are lining up to replace the exiting bitch. Nonsense.

Could not have said it any better even If I tried. Spot On Mate!!!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by biolabee(m): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
safeLove:

I know she's not mad and am not particularly saying anyone called her mad. My point is that she's probably always have been who OP is seeing now,but never addressed it then.

Some people are naturally difficult to live with. A lot of people,both men and women, actually have the same characters OP described.Like I said,the hubby either didn't see those traits or just chose to ignore them.

Abeg,is OP the only man who works offshore? Do other guys on the rig go home to wives who nag them? So should he leave his work and stay by her like some posters suggested.

Am sure OP too has his own level of "Craze" but is downplaying it for the sake of the marriage.

Some women are just plain difficult to live with,even from some posts here on NL,you can tell. (No be me talk am o) lol!!

77 Likes!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by emiye(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
When you come back from your next offshore trip, appear so happy with yourself and partially ignore her, play well with your son, take him out and ....., let the happiness flow and study her reaction gently..... She is using the tantrums to control you. Stay happy when at home , whether na form or na real ...... , if she is not infected with the happiness you exude after a matter of days, you married a wrong woman, but if there is a change of countenance, tell her in the day, you have something to tell her later in the mid-night..... let out your disappointments to her in the mid-night, do not threaten her with a divorce oooooo

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
debrief08: Sadly what I have come to realise is that when women want to get married they fit into your "standard" of "wife material"
They will cook, clean, wash, scrub, maid service and supply s3x on demand, oncce you are hooked they unleash the real them.
I have told my cousins to accept women whose faults they caan live with so they don't end up with pretenders who unlesh terror after wards.
It is better to stay with a lady whose flaws are obvious and you know you can manage than that perfect "wife material"
I have seen it severally. Men set crazy standards, they want all the great qualities yet they refuse to be a great boyfriend, maake the lady go through hell and most will hold on just to get the ring and world war 3 starts since they haave achieved their aim.

I have one now who while dating pretended to accept and manage her now husbands cheating ways and arrogance, then I told her to be honest about her feelings and if he didn't feel she was good enough to stay faithful to let her move on and get someone who will.
She refused, she "accepted" his cheating, will ignore it when she saw nud3 pictures on his phone, walked in on him with another lady and smiled and pretended it was okay. Silly man thought he had an angel who would let him be married and do as he wants.
Today their home is hell, he is like a prisioner because she behaves the way the OP described.
When he begs me to speak with her she will tell me to ignore him, shebi he wanted a mumu he don enter one chance, she tells me after all they are married now, if he wants let him divorce because she knows he wouldn't.

Poster, sadly you married a woman who pretended to be what you wanted her to be then because she had her target, like someone said, try to salvage what is left of this.
If you can take time off and go somewhere alone no kids, no accusations no fighting, just the way forward, now both of you know the real person behind the facade, decide on how you can work together and around the issues.
Deal with issues not personal accusations and tantrums.
Ask her what she feels is the way forward, also listen and write down key points, infact both of you should write down expectations and exchange, its better than talking because fight will always enter.
When you have both read each others clearly outlined expectations, together you write down realistic points of compromise and each try to stick to it.

I am sorry for what you are going through, best of luck in working to make it better

Divorce is possible and it's the solution to avoid murder.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by pictures: 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2013
The problem with marriages is the first sin , PRIDE.
Pride will make a wife not to be submissive, pride will
make the husband to want to have his way , this diminishes love
and later leads to hate . The only way is for husband and wife
to submit to the voice of the Holy Spirit in everything and to one another
so that peace can reign.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by NEROSKY(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
Black Peni5: Seems most people dnt really understand the OP's situation. A vacation will not solve d wahahala. Maybe she'll complain that the location was too cheap or too expensive. Like the OP clearly stated, what she wants is total control...i'v seen many cases like this. Soon she'll destroy the relationship between him and his family and friends, then she'll tell him how and when to spend his money, where to go and where not to go.

From the OPs tone, he seems like a soft person. Sum1 who doesn't like wahala and she's taking advantage of it. The Ops wife was either pretending dduring courtship or she has been listening to advice from the wrong people. Either way, marriage is not a do or die affair...if u risk living a miserable life then u can call it quits. You also have a choice of giving her control over ur life in order to have peace.

However u must first try very hard to understand the root of the problem through dialogue and being more observant. U had an agreement to get married, u must also have an agreement to sustain it or terminate it.
Man you nailed it! This is my mind.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Niseamaka(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
pro01: The more patient a man is, and the more tolerant, and conciliatory and 'decent' he is, the more likely his wife is to constitute herself into a ruthless she-devil.

True talk.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by coputa(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
Your story is a clear show of pretence by your wife when you were dating (most women are like that).she wants to be in charge by running the affairs of the home...she has suddenly changed after marriage and child birth; a time that you were suppose to have fun in your marriage,..i will say that you are still lucky that she displayed this behaviour at this early stage..you 've not gone far....complain about her hehaviour to her parents.if the outcome is not positive,please seek for a divorce..i am serious..it is better to remain single than to live under the same roof with an intimidating and nagging wife...if you continue to tolerate her and she eventually have more kids for you,then you are doomed for life as you will not be able to play the role of a man effectlvely.you have your own life to live..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by twinstar210: 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
Guy I feel so sorry for u cos if u don't hav peace in ur home u can't function at ur work place.I suggest ur wife or both of u should go for a deliverance.d both of u might be dealin with a spiritual spouse n if dat is d case,d heat at home won't stop until u break up wit her.so seek spiritual heLp I mean talk to ur pastor abt dis.I wish both of u well
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by mutter(f): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
Sorry it might sound hard but you have no control over your home and have failed to maintain discipline.
A woman can NEVER love a man she does not respect.
If things continue like this especially with the nature of your job all hell will break loose if not now when the kids grow older. You better nib it now because it is no longer even at the bud stage.
Send her packing to her family and lay your conditions down under which she can come back. By so doing you send a clear signal to her and her family. She needs to apologize and plead and that formally in the presence of witnesses. When she comes back you need to be firm and keep control over your home.
When it comes to respect there is no compromise.
You might want to try talking to her and maybe she starts to reason without any drastic measure but at this stage i doubt it. When a boundary has been crossed there is no inhibition about crossing it a second time. So you may have to set a clear signal. When you do this even her family will support you and plead with you because you are only demanding whatfor what you are entitled to as a husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Migurl: 10:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
Oh pls something aint right in this complaint. Are you saying that you dated her for 1 year and you didnt know that she likes to pick quarrels with friends and neighbours? Furthermore, are you sure that you haven't done anything wrong to her? In all your complaint, you never mentioned if you have been treating her the way you were treating her when you both were dating. I smell a rat in this story. Please call your wife when she's really in a good mood and ask her what d problem really is, that is if you don't already know. I'm sure she'll tell you what her problems are. It may have something to do with you. Men please know that most times when you have an affair and your wife finds out about it, that singular act of yours can make something in her snap and she may never be the same again. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by SisiKill1: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
ileobatojo:

First of all, in my first post, I made it clear that I only thought it was a possibility not a guaranteed diagnosis, hence I said "your wife may have bpd". I am not discounting any body else's opinions. They are all possibilities too.

Now, my initial reaction to the story was similar to many other's but I read it again and some things stood out.

- She has serious problems with interpersonal relationships. She has problems with almost all her siblings, she has problems with their neighbors and the previous places they have resided. She trusts no one and believes people are after her diabolically. It's not just her husband that she has issues with. Yes, she may have pretended before marriage and now become a beast. But what's the reason why she has so much difficulty with interpersonal relationships with other people around her. What's the reason for the extreme paranoia, lack of trust? Even if as you say, it's because she was badly hurt by someone in the past, guess what? That's mental illness too if it's now manifesting to this degree in her life.

- She is very volatile in her mood. Angry one moment, crying the next. Could she just be manipulative, yes, but manipulation is a symptom of borderline personality disorder too.

These are the two main things that made me take a second look at the post. So, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm also free to post mine. No need to come at me with your snide condescension.

Brilliant!!!

We really need education about mental illness in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
@Poster,

Your wife sounds like a reserved person that like to keep to herself, you and the kid, now if you are devoting more time to your seedlings and friends, you need to find a way to reduce this and start devoting more time to your wife and kid.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
Oh boy dis ur matter na prayer ee need o. I'll be praying for u

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Truth be told @OP, there are so many things that could be involved in this, have u considered the fact that she might be seeing someone else? Who she has eventually fallen in love with and is looking for a.way out??

Have you considered the fact that u might b d genesis of ur own problem? Not being husband enough? I mean doing the right things ....

See dont go watching a walk in the clouds, cos that shit dont work. This is naija. Tell her u lover her more often, stop buying her gifts and start spending more time with her. Let her see the extent you're willing to go for her, not cos ur married to her, but because u love her.

Stop remi ding ha dat you're married and thats why.... remi d her that u love her and you'd continue to love her...

Most of all, never give up, and be quick to say you're sorry even when she's wrong...

Then make love to her more often. She's mad at you because you are forcing her hand. She might start cheating on u if u aint careful, or better still if u aint manful.. be a.man, live up to being a husband, dontsee ur self as a husband, see ur self as a friend a brother and a lover
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Donkonyon: 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dude I feel u, ur wife knows what she is doing, she feels dat now she is married to u, dat now is d right time to bring u under her control. Reason being dat u have been giving her so much concension either knoWly or unknowly in order for peace to reign. Broda, if u don't want to live a miserable life now is d time to act like a man which I suppose u are.b4 u married her u had in mind how u want ur marriage to be, now is d time to let her know u does nd don't in d marriage. I bet u once u let her know dis, she will fall in line. I keep telling my fellow men , women are good organisers, they pay attention to details nd they are very sensitive to issues but they are generally selfish nd self centred. It takes a real man to make dem fall in line.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by SELFWORTH: 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
You can tell there are lots of inexperienced people on NL.

This is a one sided story from someone who is obviously feeling very hurt because of the way things are in his home. Yet everyone is running around on here like a mad chicken with all kinds of advice.

This is how many marriages have been destroyed by advice givers who lack wisdom.

All you need is prayer. Prayer is the key. If you want to both stay in the marriage, make God the focus of your home.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by onegig(m): 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
mutter: Sorry it might sound hard but you have no control over your home and have failed to maintain discipline.
A woman can NEVER love a man she does not respect.
If things continue like this especially with the nature of your job all hell will break loose if not now when the kids grow older. You better nib it now because it is no longer even at the bud stage.
Send her packing to her family and lay your conditions down under which she can come back. By so doing you send a clear signal to her and her family. She needs to apologize and plead and that formally in the presence of witnesses. When she comes back you need to be firm and keep control over your home.
When it comes to respect there is no compromise.
You might want to try talking to her and maybe she starts to reason without any drastic measure but at this stage i doubt it. When a boundary has been crossed there is no inhibition about crossing it a second time. So you may have to set a clear signal. When you do this even her family will support you and plead with you because you are only demanding whatfor what you are entitled to as a husband.
this coming from a lady? And your words are so contradictory

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by biolabee(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
SELFWORTH: You can tell there are lots of inexperienced people on NL.

This is a one sided story from someone who is feeling very hurt. Yet everyone is running around like a mad chicken with all kinds of advice.

This is how many marriages have been destroyed by advice givers who lack wisdom.

All you need is prayer. Prayer is the key. If you want to both stay in the marriage, make God the focus of your home.

OUCHIE!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mother Drowns Her 9-year-old Son For Having A Small Joystick / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? / Woman Births Triplet After 19Years Of Marriage | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.